It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a true SHTF event..what will you hunt ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by granpabobby

Interesting post...Not forgetting that as we exchange views, there are people in Ethiopia and Somalia barely survivng on vegetation...

This is true and will not change untill they revolt and take the food that is being sent to them but being kept in warehouses by the greedy
They are not in position to hunt .due to greed of a few I dont know about the livestock in their area..but they cant beat a rifle with a stick .
Is this something we should watch as how it will be or is their situation different ?
edit on 7-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I do not know all the replies. I'm going to be hunting zombies geez. Haven't you read about the Zombie Apacolypse yet?
edit on 7/7/2011 by mugger because: sp

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Zombies are already dead and spoiled .
Not as tasty as cow

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

what about all the unmaned reactors in those days ?Where ever we go to escape the fallout

Ya know my father-in-law... easily one of the smartest people on earth... retired from the DOE...
Turns out that if for some reason people had to just walk away from a reactor... those things are designed to simply shut down on their own... so he claims... but like you I too wounder what will happen to them after decades of neglect???? nothing is built to last forever and some day that containment vessel will fall apart...

As for scrounging for food... those of us who know how... find away around any challenge and go about our business like it was any other day
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80ec3ab9bded.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

hmmm... i think humans would be the first on my list!!!

no not really, but maybe the neighbors cat... well no there too, i guess since i'm highly allergic to kitty that my belly wouldn't do so good.

but seriously, i'd probably try to move back to montana and hunt a bear or 2 with my father's old dirty harry style .44, but i'd probably have to have him come along. i'll never forget being 8 or 9, we were in our jeep taking on the side of a mountain (can't forget that we actually flipped that jeep earlier that same spring, but it kept on trucking), my dad stopped the jeep, sat silent for maybe 5 minutes, then grabbed his .44 out from under his seat and simply said "i'll be right back". he ran behind a few trees and minutes later we heard 2 loud bangs. my father came back with blood across his chest, which scared my mom to death. he asked my grandfather to stay there with him while my mom took us back to the cabin. well needless to say, the next morning my dad began skinning that brown bear right on our front porch... ahh the good old days

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
here is some ideas if by a small river or stream you can make a catfish hole using cans of alpo poke some holes in can with screw driver and chunk it into water in a area with litttle current with in a few days fish that spot you will find it teeming with catfish. if deer is your thing they love cattle salt blocks place them in locations you have seen deer that gives you good line of sight. i personally would avoid coons skunks badgers and beavers some of these are known carriers of rabies and have a rather unpleasant disposition. in my area about the easiest animal to catch is the common posum also known as opossum the north american marsupial rat analog. i personally find at least 1 or 2 10 pound specimens every day eating with pet cat on porch

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I got a kick out of your picture.
Adapt improvise overcome
Where there is a will there is a way !!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Anything that moves!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join