It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Always be respectful of officers, even if they are in the wrong. Say as little as possible, besides providing basic required information/answers to the officer's questions. If you are being arrested remain completely silent and comply completely with an officer's directions while under arrest. CALL A LAWYER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

If you've done everything right, then you'll be good to go.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

It was nice to see a police officer stand up for what was right, but that dude was dramatic as hell. Also I didn't see any "beating" I can assume that it happened before the video started, but It would be nice to see the proof.

The guy being arrested is kind of a drama queen.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Your'e kidding right? I saw an officer try to help this nutcase-crybaby off the floor. Yes he was cuffed, but he wasn't struck.

I believe his partner was trying to tell him to wait for a second car to place said loser into an ambulance. Provided the suspect was searched he should have been left where he was until a supporting units arrival.

The behavior of the arrestee was clearly erratic. Making a trip psyche hospital before his trip to central booking a necessity.

It appears that the young officer was unnerved by the bellowing of this childish oaf. Which is probably why he hurried to get this guy into his cruiser.

"Relax and calm down" = We'll have help in a minute, let him scream like a baby, we'll wait for the ambulance right here, why rush?

Every day human beings make mistakes based on emotions. I believe as do most of you that public servants must be held to a higher standard.

Was this person struck while cuffed before the film started to roll? Well, I don't know, and neither do any of you! We were not there!

God bless these guys, the city is full of people like you who are eager to point an unjust finger without knowing what happened, apparently many posters to this board are like-minded as well.

After 911, you couldn't drive down the west side highway (this video appears to be somewhere close to the west-side highway downtown) without Americans lining the road to cheer for these very same police officers (as well as firefighters and other rescue workers as they entered and exited ground zero, and this went on for weeks/months).

I remember their effort, and because they put their life on the line for me each day, I will give them the benefit of the doubt this time, and not some fat idiot!

Brutality does exist!

Just not in this video.

Have a nice day.

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Good job to the camera man and the police officer who actually was man enough to stop the offender (fellow cop). This is rare and shows that there is hope, that if a revolution occurs, officer such as that will be there to protect the people against the government.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well what happened before that made the guy get arrested? You can obviously see one cop getting very frustrated because the guy was resisting. It looked to me as the other cop was trying to difuse the situation before it got out of hand. There are instances where I'm sure the person being arrested did not do anything wrong but was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But in 90% of the cases they have committed a crime. I'm tired of people claiming to be innocent victims when all we get is one side of the story.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isn't a SHAME when you feel like a cop should be given an award for just doing the right thing?

If he hadn't been there, and it was just another bullheaded cop with the neanderthal that was being a typical cop, that guy might have ended up dead.... another 'resisting arrest' statistic.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

very frustrated because the guy was resisting

What video were you watching?

The one I saw had a guy in handcuffs lying on the ground having pain inflicted on him by a cop.

When it is a Libyan cop, the US govt calls it torture.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I wouldn't make a scene like that.
That seems sheepish to me.

We always hear from people... " Why did the Jews go willingly to their deaths?"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I expected to see two cops brawling with batons and tazers after reading the title, I'm pretty disappointed.

Yeah but that dude was being pretty dramatic. Sit on the ground right now with your hands behind your back as if you were handcuffed and see if you can stand up without using your hands. It's pretty easy, so he was clearly acting like a stubborn little kid in big boy pants. Still, instead of shoving him around like that he should have just been like "Dude you're acting like a child, just stand up and quit crying you baby"

I'm glad he didn't try to take away the camera or threaten to break the guys "f***** face" for videotaping him like in that video posted here a few weeks ago.

I think you guys are all mistaken on this one the good cop the moment he notices the camera you can hear him say "Put that away, Put that away" as he motions and waves at the man with the camera then the video ends. So yea he helped a guy out who was being assaulted followed up by himself assaulting the first ammendment.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Isn't a SHAME when you feel like a cop should be given an award for just doing the right thing?

If he hadn't been there, and it was just another bullheaded cop with the neanderthal that was being a typical cop, that guy might have ended up dead.... another 'resisting arrest' statistic.

Watch much TV do you?

Do you have much interaction with law enforcement?

Ahh gotta love the perception of some folks.

I refer to the use of "another statistic" in your post.

How many people die from resisting arrest in America? I mean when I read the words "another statistic" I would think the number involved would be substantial. But, I don't think it is. The numbers are quite low I would think (prove me wrong).

Of those killed while resisting, what were the circumstances?

Finally, compare that final number, a number YOU are comfortable with, against the number of officers who die in the line of duty annually. And, think on your own results the next time you use the phrase "typical cop".

These guys have a difficult job, they don't play in front of a keyboard while getting paid, like most of us do.

On a side note:

I was hoping that the aggressive officer would club that winning idiot like a baby seal, if only to aid him in his restoration of dignity.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Dramatic much?

Don't compare a guy being arrested screaming like a maniac vs a Jew being led to a death camp.

It's irresponsible and it is not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Dramatic much?

Don't compare a guy being arrested screaming like a maniac vs a Jew being led to a death camp.

It's irresponsible and it is not the same thing.
You're a little late to tell me not to, because I already did, and I didn't break any T&C's doing it.

Jr Mod much?

Don't compare a guy being arrested screaming like a maniac vs a Jew being led to a death camp. It's irresponsible and it is not the same thing.
I guess you don't get it anyway, I wasn't comparing, I was contrasting.
That man wasn't being a sheep, he was protesting being tortured by an officer of the law, trying to attract the attention of passersby.
edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghondon

I expected to see two cops brawling with batons and tazers after reading the title, I'm pretty disappointed.

Yeah but that dude was being pretty dramatic. Sit on the ground right now with your hands behind your back as if you were handcuffed and see if you can stand up without using your hands. It's pretty easy, so he was clearly acting like a stubborn little kid in big boy pants. Still, instead of shoving him around like that he should have just been like "Dude you're acting like a child, just stand up and quit crying you baby"

I'm glad he didn't try to take away the camera or threaten to break the guys "f***** face" for videotaping him like in that video posted here a few weeks ago.

I think you guys are all mistaken on this one the good cop the moment he notices the camera you can hear him say "Put that away, Put that away" as he motions and waves at the man with the camera then the video ends. So yea he helped a guy out who was being assaulted followed up by himself assaulting the first ammendment.

He did tell him to stop filming, I saw that too.

But didn't the cameraman say habla espanol several times?

Communicating with person in custody in a foreign language is a no-no.

Are they planning escape? Are they getting their story straight? What were the circumstances of the arrest, it's an important part of information that's missing.

Turn off the camera, no. Film on the corner, and stop trying to talk to the crybaby, yes.

Comprende?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

I refer to the use of "another statistic" in your post. How many people die from resisting arrest in America? I mean when I read the words "another statistic" I would think the number involved would be substantial. But, I don't think it is. The numbers are quite low I would think (prove me wrong).
A statistic even if low by your standards, is just that, a statistic. If you want to jump to conclusions about what I meant, that isn't my problem.

People die in police custody, I don't think you can deny that. Some of them that die end up as another statistic, suicide. Are you naive enough to believe that every man found hanging in his cell didn't have a little help?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexSinaiticus

Originally posted by ghondon

He did tell him to stop filming, I saw that too.

But didn't the cameraman say habla espanol several times?

Communicating with person in custody in a foreign language is a no-no.

Are they planning escape? Are they getting their story straight? What were the circumstances of the arrest, it's an important part of information that's missing.

Turn off the camera, no. Film on the corner, and stop trying to talk to the crybaby, yes.

Comprende?

I agree with you there the man video taping had begun communicating with the suspect in custody which is very close if not already interfering or obstructing. But that officer i think had no idea about the camera until the point he told him to turn it off. He never should of told him to turn it off and im sure if that gentlemen didnt comply he would of had issues to.. But i think he was already in violation of the law by communicating with the suspect during a crime scene.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I refer to the use of "another statistic" in your post. How many people die from resisting arrest in America? I mean when I read the words "another statistic" I would think the number involved would be substantial. But, I don't think it is. The numbers are quite low I would think (prove me wrong).
A statistic even if low by your standards, is just that, a statistic. If you want to jump to conclusions about what I meant, that isn't my problem.

People die in police custody, I don't think you can deny that. Some of them that die end up as another statistic, suicide. Are you naive enough to believe that every man found hanging in his cell didn't have a little help?

I believe your perception is based upon CSI, or some other police television program. And, if you believe that entertainment in anyway resembles real life, then you are the one who is naive my friend.

Did you know when a prisoner dies in custody, all involved are brought before a grand jury for indictment? It is procedure throughout the country. This is done so that what you have illustrated, could not and would not happen without the Officer losing their job, their freedom and possibly their life.

Furthermore, unlike civilians Police Officers once cleared by a jury of their peers may face civil rights charges.
This is double jeopardy, something you or I can never experience because we are civilians.

So, who's naive?

OK, now move along nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well at least they didn't beat the guy, more of a cop getting really pissed becuase the guy seemed to be resisting. Sad we could not see what led up to this, nor what happend after the "Good Cop" shooed the camerman away. You never know what is truly going on in the world of edited you tube snipets.

I have several loe friends and when this stuff happens they get tweaked because they are now all suspect. It is even worse when we as good citizens don't have the right to properly defend ourselves, while the social state continues to push an agenda of we will take care of you little lemming.

Interesting post - will need to see how it unfolds.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I believe your perception is based upon CSI, or some other police television program.

Your belief is not correct. I have extensive ties with law enforcement at levels from municipal to federal.

I also have connections with county, state and federal correctional facilities, I've worked inside them.

Not all of us regular citizens are products of the 'boob tube', and I am confident in saying that I could show you a thing or two about 'real life'. Some of us have been there and done that. And for me that is more of a complaint than a brag, as it mostly wasn't any fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

OK, now move along nothing to see here.

Thank you, officer BarBrady!

That is a reference to the boobtube!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I believe your perception is based upon CSI, or some other police television program.

Your belief is not correct. I have extensive ties with law enforcement at levels from municipal to federal.

I also have connections with county, state and federal correctional facilities, I've worked inside them.

Not all of us regular citizens are products of the 'boob tube'

Haha.

Very clever taking a very small part of my post to quote.

Regarding your ties to law enforcement, I think you are full of crap!

The only ties you have are in your closet!

You should read my posts again maybe you'll learn something.

Regarding the the state and county correctional facilities, you said "work in", are you sure it wasn't live in?

Why did you work in corrections?

My friend Chris went to NYC Corrections in 1989 (corrections and police make the same money in NYC), he loved it and retired last year.

He took the Police test and did very well, but failed the psychological.

He hated the police too. Hmmm

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: spell

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join