It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Dude i didnt see anything that violent or warranted any response. Im not a big fan of law enforcement but these guys deal with life or death situations all the time and alot of scumbags. That definitely was no Rodney King!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

lol awesome soccer clip.

As for the main video for this post, if there ever was a case of "resisting arrest" that would be it. Though we don't know the whole story, once those cuffs are on it's pointless to resist. Best to just get up and walk to the patrol car. Those cops showed a lot of restraint with that dude acting the way he did. Need more cops like that patrolling the streets.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

86lbs wow you need to eat boy...anyways maybe the 2nd cop doesnt like being on camera, I certaintly do not like being on camera and if I was a cop I still wouldnt like it

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Come to think of it, I have NEVER seen a video like this, of one cop actually stopping another one from brutalizing someone. Regardless of whatever else was going on there, I defy anyone to find another video like this. I've seen plenty of videos of cops standing by doing nothing while other ones beat people, taze them, or even shoot them.

And that my friend was my reason for posting it up because neither have I

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
never thought id see the day..
looks too good to be true.
but it is..

we need more of him in our ranks..
i can't stand these dumb redneck police officers taking # too seriously..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

86lbs wow you need to eat boy...anyways maybe the 2nd cop doesnt like being on camera, I certaintly do not like being on camera and if I was a cop I still wouldnt like it

I am female not male. Thank you.

Female: Manhater
Male: Womanhater

edit on 6-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

I am female not male. Thank you.

Female: Manhater
Male: Womanhater

edit on 6-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Can't you be neither? Daaaaamn, why do you have to be so full of hate?

I know you are a woman. Probably a great one at that (you made it through LE school, after all) but... really... why all the hate?

Why can't you see what was wrong with that picture? Would you have been the dude trying to break that poor dude's shoulders by lifting up his cuffed wrists by his hands or would you have been the good cop who kept things in check?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The officer who was trying to control the situation wouldn't just jump in and start pushing another officer around if there was no foul play going on. We are only shown part of this video, so it's hard to judge how it began.

The guy getting arrested may seem to be a 'whiny bitch' according to some, but I doubt he'd respond that way if he wasn't being met with excessive force. It's pretty safe to say he was mentally handicap and/or on a substance at the time, given that he's a pretty big guy. He wasn't being violent, nor was he trying to run away. All he was doing is asking for help, and probably for good reason. Fortunately, for this guy, there was an officer here who took hold of the situation, probably a backup unit. Notice how the guy wasn't crying anymore once he took control in a non-forceful manner and tried to calm the man down - he even patted him on his back at 1:29.

Also, consider the fact that someone in the public decided to begin recording the incident. People don't just pull out a camera if there isn't anything unusual happening. Plus, getting your phone out and into camera mode would take about 10-20 seconds, possibly more, and it's likely this guy was watching for a bit before he even decided to begin recording.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
To the good cop - you deserve a medal.

To the bad cop - when Americans finally get fed up and take up arms against you bastards, I hope you are one of the first of the bodies stacked in the streets.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

In the end, does not what you are saying break down to "I" think his noise level for that amount of pain is too high.
I find it strange you have nothing to say about the policeman using too much force but instead criticize the victim for not being as macho as you believe he should have been.
I can understand it as I see a great deal of it produced not only from the pain but from the knowledge you are absolutely helpless to prevent this from going on for hours and becoming much worse. I think it's called panic and I think it's justified. If it's a cop whose going to torture you who can you expect help from? Panic? I wonder why
I'm sorry he didn't meet your standards for manliness.
Go get em John Wayne

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice but that guy was being a little over dramatic for real.

Seems a few agree with you. Is it over the top? I think not. I'm sure the circumstances would have been quite different if he utilized his rights and was allowed to carry a fire arm. I'm sure the approach would have been different.

The officer, or any for that matter is a bit over the top also too when facing 98% of the criminals who do not have fire arms.

Maybe, just maybe if other US citizens were as outspoken we would be seeing what is playing out in Greece also in the US.

It's ok. go drink some more water and enjoy Hollywood.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I find it quite sad that people feel they have the right to judge the man in handcuffs when they dont know whether he done something wrong or not.
Unlike the rest of you that have, im not going to judge him,because i dont judge without the facts.
Say he didnt actually do anything wrong(which we dont know for a fact),how would you react exactly?,you people that call him a baby or a bitch find it easy to say that on a forum behind your computer screens,but what if you were this man being treated this way.
Yes,it could of been alot worse,but that still doesnt justify doing something like this to someone,regardless.

We also dont know why the "good" cop was actually doing what he was to the "bad" cop,so how can you judge them either?
Again,unlike the rest of you,im not going to.

Since when has it been illegal to film cops doing their job?,theres films of militarys killing people,but its wrong to flim a cop or cops arresting someone? give me a break you idiots.

Once again, just shows how stupid and silly people are here on ATS when it comes to subjects like these.

So sit there behind your computer screens and keep on judging people,just shows how much of a coward you all really are.

Pfft...

edit on 7-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

The big guy deserved to be tased pepper sprayed and charched. Its nice to see a cop that wasnt excited to beat the crap out of someonce who is bigger than them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by mb2591

In the end, does not what you are saying break down to "I" think his noise level for that amount of pain is too high.
I find it strange you have nothing to say about the policeman using too much force but instead criticize the victim for not being as macho as you believe he should have been.
I can understand it as I see a great deal of it produced not only from the pain but from the knowledge you are absolutely helpless to prevent this from going on for hours and becoming much worse. I think it's called panic and I think it's justified. If it's a cop whose going to torture you who can you expect help from? Panic? I wonder why
I'm sorry he didn't meet your standards for manliness.
Go get em John Wayne

Lol no that's not what I said at all. He just refuses to get up and hold himself up. The officer had to use more force because the guy wouldn't stand up or hold himself up.
Do you think your sarcasm helps your argument at all?
Wait did you say that guy could expect to be tortured for hours?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Seems a few agree with you. Is it over the top? I think not. I'm sure the circumstances would have been quite different if he utilized his rights and was allowed to carry a fire arm. I'm sure the approach would have been different.

The officer, or any for that matter is a bit over the top also too when facing 98% of the criminals who do not have fire arms.

Maybe, just maybe if other US citizens were as outspoken we would be seeing what is playing out in Greece also in the US.

Haha yea the officer was using excessive force at first but like 1.30 in to the video the guy wouldn't get up or even hold himself up that's what I was talking about. Maybe watch the whole video? I don't know why everyone thinks I'm talking about his screaming. Which was a little much but still not what I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
The officer who was trying to control the situation wouldn't just jump in and start pushing another officer around if there was no foul play going on. We are only shown part of this video, so it's hard to judge how it began.

The guy getting arrested may seem to be a 'whiny bitch' according to some, but I doubt he'd respond that way if he wasn't being met with excessive force. It's pretty safe to say he was mentally handicap and/or on a substance at the time, given that he's a pretty big guy. He wasn't being violent, nor was he trying to run away. All he was doing is asking for help, and probably for good reason. Fortunately, for this guy, there was an officer here who took hold of the situation, probably a backup unit. Notice how the guy wasn't crying anymore once he took control in a non-forceful manner and tried to calm the man down - he even patted him on his back at 1:29.

Also, consider the fact that someone in the public decided to begin recording the incident. People don't just pull out a camera if there isn't anything unusual happening. Plus, getting your phone out and into camera mode would take about 10-20 seconds, possibly more, and it's likely this guy was watching for a bit before he even decided to begin recording.

The officer jumped in because, once the cuffs go on the degree to which he must overcome a potential threat is diminished. Another words no hitting allowed!

Until the cuffs go on the cop can legally beat the piss out of him provided resistance exists.

As a matter of fact the law allows police officers to bump the the level of force used, by one.

Example fist=stick, strick or knife=gun

Good job all around here, officer got worked up after a wrestling match (understandable) and before he gets his licks in, his partner saves his ass.

Win/win, yay!
edit on 7-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Great idea Wilbert, if the fat idiot had a firearm he would have been killed years ago (and not by the cops) by another idiot, lol, dude thats awesome!

I like the way you think, let the festering wound infect other wounds and die.

Do you have any political aspirations?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join