It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexSinaiticus

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

I believe your perception is based upon CSI, or some other police television program.

Your belief is not correct. I have extensive ties with law enforcement at levels from municipal to federal.

I also have connections with county, state and federal correctional facilities, I've worked inside them.

Not all of us regular citizens are products of the 'boob tube'

edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Haha.

Very clever taking a very small part of my post to quote.

Regarding your ties to law enforcement, I think you are full of crap!

The only ties you have are in your closet!

You should read my posts again maybe you'll learn something.

Regarding the the state and county correctional facilities, you said "work in", are you sure it wasn't live in?

Why did you work in corrections?

My friend Chris went to NYC Corrections in 1989 (corrections and police make the same money in NYC), he loved it and retired last year.

He took the Police test and did very well, but failed the psychological.

He hated the police too. Hmmm

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: spell

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)
I was not a correctional officer, and wouldn't care to be one. I worked, meaning my employment made it necessary to go inside the walls of prisons.

I have never been incarcerated, most likely due to the fact that I have never been convicted of a crime, that in large part is because I have I have never been arrested. That might have something to do with the fact that I am not a criminal.

Guess what? I'm not going to cast aspersions that you are one, like you have done to me.

I don't hate cops, I just know a lot of them, and I know how that brotherhood works. I only know that because I have witnessed it first-hand. I grew up with cops, my uncle was the county sheriff for 20 years, my formative years. I currently have relatives that are cops and I still interact with federal agents including firing Class III weapons at the range with them.

You can think I am full of it all you like, I am sure that's the only way a cop (if you are one) can respond when they know that someone has looked into the barrel and knows what rotten fish that it holds.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wasn't modding you or telling you to go back in time and fix it somehow. I was nicely telling you that you are being rediculous.

How is a guy being arrested by the NYPD anything like a Jew being led to their death in a concentration camp?

It was a stupid comparison and apples to oranges.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I guess you don't get it anyway, I wasn't comparing, I was contrasting.
That man wasn't being a sheep, he was protesting being tortured by an officer of the law, trying to attract the attention of passersby.

I get what you were trying to say, you were painting it more dramatic than it actually is.

Here are the facts.

We do not know the guy was abused.

I have seen plenty of guilty people act the way that guy was acting. It's called the "I don't want to go to jail" whine.

The one cop just wanted to get it over with while the other was obviously waiting for backup.

Was there abuse? I don't know. I do not know why he is being arrested either.

I do know he is resisting arrest.

Cops are a mixed bag. Most are not criminals, they are doing their job. Some are just dicks.

Knowing this is it really fair to assume one or the other when we don't even know all of the facts in this case?

The guy being arrested and yelling Help sounds like just another idiot, to be honest. You always have your day in court if you really want it. I see zero abuse.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

How is a guy being arrested by the NYPD anything like a Jew being led to their death in a concentration camp?
It's fairly simple really.

The guy was handcuffed and lying on the street. He was being harassed by the one officer to the point that the other officer intervened. That man's rights were being trampled. He objected loudly and tried to draw attention to his plight.
The Jews for the most part went to their deaths without fighting the Nazis. The Warsaw Ghetto uprising was one notable exception.

ETA: I just saw your last post.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That man wasn't being a sheep, he was protesting being tortured by an officer of the law, trying to attract the attention of passersby.

Oh damn- thanks for the laugh!! Was having a rough day but I cracked up so hard the dog's giving me the stink-eye now.

Tortured....

Can you point out where the officer was pressing a hot iron into his flesh or scooping his eyeballs out with a sharpened spoon or hooking his genitals up to a car battery or ripping his fingernails out?

How about flaying his skin off or drilling out his joints or crushing his teeth with pliers?

The subject was being manhandled, treated poorly by a cop who lost hi stemper and IMO it was unnecessary and over the line to the point IA should be involved. It was not however torture and if you ever met a victim of real torture you'd not bandy the word about so flippantly.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

As I posted earlier, if it was being done in an Arab country, it would be something to go to war over.

Is unnecessarily causing pain a reward for the guy? Why did the other officer intervene?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

It's fairly simple really.

The guy was handcuffed and lying on the street. He was being harassed by the one officer to the point that the other officer intervened. That man's rights were being trampled. He objected loudly and tried to draw attention to his plight.
The Jews for the most part went to their deaths without fighting the Nazis. The Warsaw Ghetto uprising was one notable exception.

ETA: I just saw your last post.

Yeah families were rounded up in the streets by the Nazi's but the Jews didn't really know they were going to their deaths. Besides if they fought back the army would have shot the family on the street. You seem knowledgable but at the same time completely incorrect how the two items are related at all.

Yeah I get it, cops are fascist, man!

Gimmie a break.

You can keep spinning the same tale if you'd like, you just come off dramatic as hell and incorrect as well.

EDIT:

I do want to mention that I agree with you on one thing. If you are ever feeling like you are being mistreated by authority... then yes stand up and stick up for yourself and don't be a sheep. I totally agree with you on this. I don't see proof of abuse in the video. I see a frustrated cop and his partner chilling him out and a guy who is not only resisting arrest, but screaming like a baby for what appears to be no reason.
edit on 6-7-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I spent 6 years and then some in Arab countries and what was being done to the suspect in NY was not torture. I have met and talked with torture victims- still keep in contact with some via Yahoo and FB. If you called what happened to the suspect in the video torture in their presence you'd get more than an earful on why it wasn't from those who experienced the real thing.

As for why the other officer intervened... The subject was being manhandled, treated poorly by a cop who lost hi stemper and IMO it was unnecessary and over the line to the point IA should be involved.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You are taking me so out of context. I almost did go to the academy, but for medical reasons, I can't be in LE, but I do have a degree in it. The guy was overly dramatic. He looked, more like he was putting up a fight, more then he looked to be as hurt as he claimed. Like my grandma use to say, "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about"

edit on 5-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

"Medical reasons?"

4] I would of beat the guy up, just to shut his mouth. You have to admit he was annoying and the officer wasn't even doing anything.

Oh, that kind of "medical."

Good luck with your treatment and thank god you did not get in.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

We rarely agree on anything but....

Missed that post he put up. Figure I owe ya a beer now

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

treated poorly by a cop
Yeah, they aren't really supposed to act like that, I guess. Like I said before, it is a shame when you think a cop deserves praise (the one that intervened) for just doing what is right.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexSinaiticus

I believe your perception is based upon CSI, or some other police television program.

Your belief is not correct. I have extensive ties with law enforcement at levels from municipal to federal.

I also have connections with county, state and federal correctional facilities, I've worked inside them.

Not all of us regular citizens are products of the 'boob tube'

Haha.

Very clever taking a very small part of my post to quote.

Regarding your ties to law enforcement, I think you are full of crap!

The only ties you have are in your closet!

You should read my posts again maybe you'll learn something.

Regarding the the state and county correctional facilities, you said "work in", are you sure it wasn't live in?

Why did you work in corrections?

My friend Chris went to NYC Corrections in 1989 (corrections and police make the same money in NYC), he loved it and retired last year.

He took the Police test and did very well, but failed the psychological.

He hated the police too. Hmmm

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: spell

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)
I was not a correctional officer, and wouldn't care to be one. I worked, meaning my employment made it necessary to go inside the walls of prisons.

I have never been incarcerated, most likely due to the fact that I have never been convicted of a crime, that in large part is because I have I have never been arrested. That might have something to do with the fact that I am not a criminal.

Guess what? I'm not going to cast aspersions that you are one, like you have done to me.

I don't hate cops, I just know a lot of them, and I know how that brotherhood works. I only know that because I have witnessed it first-hand. I grew up with cops, my uncle was the county sheriff for 20 years, my formative years. I currently have relatives that are cops and I still interact with federal agents including firing Class III weapons at the range with them.

You can think I am full of it all you like, I am sure that's the only way a cop (if you are one) can respond when they know that someone has looked into the barrel and knows what rotten fish that it holds.

OK so your uncle was a sheriff for 20 years when you were younger, so you know more than most and have an insight into the subject matter, I see.

You're not serious are you?

The brotherhood? What is that? How does it work? Are you part of this brotherhood because your uncle is a sheriff?

Persons in the same line of work often exercise, professional courtesy. This is true for police officers, doctors, plumbers, etc.

To suggest that this philosophy extends itself to a police officer covering for another in order to cover-up a murder of a prisoner is just ridiculous!

This also indicates to me that you really know nothing about the subject, at all. Well, other than whats on television.

As far as casting aspersions, I used my words as freely as you did when you refereed to the two officers in the video, and police officers as a whole.

BTW, anyone can call bull#, you don't have to be a cop to know when someone is full of it. I called it a post or two ago.

Finally, who cares about going to the range and firing your guns, you live in PA and anyone can use heavy weapons in that state. I go fishing with a shoemaker, and know nothing about making shoes.

God Bless PA!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by SFA437

treated poorly by a cop
Yeah, they aren't really supposed to act like that, I guess. Like I said before, it is a shame when you think a cop deserves praise (the one that intervened) for just doing what is right.

How does one affect human behavior? By rewarding positive actions and punishing negative actions.

One of the basic tenets of behavior modification for any mammalian is positive reinforcement.

By ignoring this you support the status quo by default.
edit on 6-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

I am happy enough just having a civil agreement on something. People in LE should also realize that the rest of us understand that with a badge and gun and an entire fraternity of other badges and guns that stick together like glue have an inordinate amount of power compared to the average civilian. There is little recourse to being beaten in your handcuffs on the elevator ride from intake to holding in good old downtown Rochester. So when I see someone who does not even have that badge and gun exhibit and attitude of violence to solve problems like hearing an annoying man talking, I worry about what a gun and badge would do to that kind of attitude.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

That was a good one that he had there.

I starred both of you for being in agreement, "can't we all just get along". Speaking of Rodney King, I thought that he was resisting arrest and needed the treatment that he got when that all went down.

I believe that force is a necessary and useful tool (including striking blows) to make a truly resistive suspect cease his resistance. I didn't see that guy resisting in that video at the beginning, when the officer was messing with him.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

One of the basic tenets of behavior modification for any mammalian is positive reinforcement. By ignoring this you support the status quo by default.
Let me know when your boss hovers over you all day, praising every single thing that you do right.

I learned 'your' basic tenets of behavior when I trained my first puppy as a child. Once the puppy was a dog, her behavior had already been modified, meaning that she did not require praise every time that she performed normally.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The guy has mental problems.
so he crys a lot.
But That Cop who stood up to his partner
IS a True Cop and Hero.
the other one is pooo!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Any lights on in there?
I spent more of my waking hours interacting with deputies and state cops than I did sleeping for quite a few years.
I know cops personally. What's so hard about that for you?
There is a brotherhood.
Ever heard of the Fraternal Order of Police?

Now, I'll ask you if you know what the definition of fraternal is?

I'm not going to google it for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I did not see any resisting. There was a LOAD of being a whiny female canine from the suspect.

I also saw an officer utterly lose his cool and manhandle the suspect like a rag doll. That is not only unprofessional but could have caused injury to the suspect. THAT got my blood boiling.

As a police officer I was entrusted with the responsibility to keep people from harm- not cause harm without good cause (as in shooting someone using or about to use deadly force against an innocent). There was no good cause in this video (other than the suspect acting like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum which does not justify any response from the officer at all)

If the officer lost his cool in this situation what would he do under REAL stress. That should be the main concern rather than debating degrees of abuse. (Sorry about that BTW- I just know many good people who are crippled from torture).

reply to post by SFA437

One of the basic tenets of behavior modification for any mammalian is positive reinforcement. By ignoring this you support the status quo by default.
Let me know when your boss hovers over you all day, praising every single thing that you do right.

I learned 'your' basic tenets of behavior when I trained my first puppy as a child. Once the puppy was a dog, her behavior had already been modified, meaning that she did not require praise every time that she performed normally.

But you talk of the "brotherhood" by which I am going to assume you mean the blue wall of silence.

Using your own statements in regards to the brotherhood and K9 training- the "dog" is the officer manhandling the suspect. The "puppy" is the officer intervening.

Praising the officer tossing the guy around like a rag doll would be a closer match to a boss praising an employee for simply performing at a required minimum.
edit on 6-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

uncle is a sheriff?
He has been dead for about thirty years.

And no, I'm not part of that brotherhood. Wouldn't want to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join