It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why are you worried about the cops when there is somebody FILMING them? That is the real problem and this camera person should be thrown in jail. You all are missing the main point here.

Cops should not be filmed while they are doing their duty and this is yet another case of nosy people trying to set-up cops for wrong doing. He probably edited the tape to show a cop attacking an obvious drug dealer/pimp type of person.

This is beyond sickening!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well the guy being arrested was being a little bitch

The one officer should not have been trying to lift him up by the cuffs.

The second officer tried to stop him, but then seemed to say: Hell . . . you are on your own buddy.

:shrug:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

. . .

Cops should not be filmed while they are doing their duty

. . .

Hello, Kro. I would like to introduce you to the handy-dandy dashcam.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Makes me wonder if he was maybe disable or something.

Probably not. you would be amazed how many people think they can spit on cops, threaten cops, and attack cops. Then when the cop takes them to the ground a good 50% of them start sounding like this guy. It seems like the more they try to fight you the more they cry abuse no matter what you do.

A lady punched one of our guys in the face. When he tried to grab her and cuff her she kicked him in the knee. When he got her on the ground and cuffed her she started screaming. The officer wasn't even touching her anymore and she was screaming, " Help me they have beat me. Please call for help they have beat me."

What started the whole thing? The officer aproached her and asked her to not park in a fire line. She got out of the car and said "I rent this building and I will park here if I want to." Again he asked her not to park in the fire lane and added that the fire department was enroute to a call at a neighboring building.

She jumped in his face snarling and telling him that she didn't have to listen to him. According to her it was her private property because she rented the building and the fire lane markings meant nothing. She was being beligerent and rude so he stepped back. She followed and kept yelling in his face. He told her one more time to move her car or he was having it towed. She spit on his boots and told him to do physically impossible things.

He grabbed his lapel mic and started to radio for a tow truck. She lunged and punched him right in the nose. They tussled for about ten seconds and he had her cuffed. She laid there screaming and refusing to get up. It got to the point she was screaming, "don't let them take me. They tried to rape me." It was those two phrases repeatedly.

Any way, the point is that people that scream like the guy in the video are rarely the mentally or physically disabled. They are usually people that are acting out to take focus off of their actions. Some are just reacting to a loss of power. Predators and bullys don't like it when they lose control.

ETA:
I am not calling the guy in the video any of these things. I am saying that from my experience that is most often the case. This guy screaming proves nothing in any way. There is not enough video or back story to make any assumptions about the guy's physical or mental abilities or what actions lead to what we saw in the video.
edit on 6-7-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It was a joke man....

Ease up and roll with it

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I laughed at Kro's comment it dripped with sarcasm. I starred it.

Like I said in a thread I wrote a few hours ago, the best way to stop cops acting like this is to get right up in their face with cameras every chance we get, and if you ever get into trouble filming remember this line.

"I cannot stop filming officer since you have now engaged with me, this video will be used as my defense evidence should the need arise. I assure you I intend no harm on you or others, please back away so I may continue to enjoy exercising my rights."

All your bases are now covered.

Cop engaged you without permission. (Lack of jurisdiction)
You have evidence of it. (Your right to defense evidence)
You have stated on and for the record you intend no harm. (Informed of your intentions)
You issued a lawful order to a public servant to step away and leave you alone so you can exercise your rights. (No issues with the cop feeling "threatened')

Of course in Amerika you will probably still get a boot to the face.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by kro32

I was wondering …

lol

All good. Hard to spot sarcasm?jokes through writing at times.

Apologies

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
This video has no bearing on bad cops.

1] Why is the guy being detained in the first place? We don't know.
2] The guy is obviously crying wolf with "OMG help me" and the cop isn't even beating him. Grown man, please, I would expected to see some bruising on him.
3] The guy is obviously being resistant.
4] I would of beat the guy up, just to shut his mouth.
You have to admit he was annoying and the officer wasn't even doing anything.

Lets just pretend the guy really didn't do anything (this may be hard for you so bear with me) and the other cop knew it.

If YOU were getting falsely arrested what would YOU do

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice but that guy was being a little over dramatic for real.

yea, dont scream if youre being assaulted by an angry man with a badge, GUN, and s a sense of entitlement...

dont be a fool. its the only defense he had, drawing attention to himself.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

This video has no bearing on bad cops.

1] Why is the guy being detained in the first place? We don't know.
2] The guy is obviously crying wolf with "OMG help me" and the cop isn't even beating him. Grown man, please, I would expected to see some bruising on him.
3] The guy is obviously being resistant.
4] I would of beat the guy up, just to shut his mouth.
You have to admit he was annoying and the officer wasn't even doing anything.

Lets just pretend the guy really didn't do anything (this may be hard for you so bear with me) and the other cop knew it.

If YOU were getting falsely arrested what would YOU do

I wouldn't make a scene like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Cop engaged you without permission. (Lack of jurisdiction)

A cop does not need your permission to speak to you. He can aproach and engage anyone at any time, in public places. Just like you can walk up to any one walking by and speak to them.

Jurisdiction means that some one has the legal authority to enforce laws and pronounce judgements. It also relates to the geographical area to which the person's authority extends.

If you go in to a county that Sheriff and his deputies have jurisdiction. If you enter the city the city police also have jurisdiction. They have the legal authority to enforce laws. That is the meaning of jurisdiction. I don't know where you got the idea jurisdiction had anything to do with someone speaking to you.

You have stated on and for the record you intend no harm.

That really doesn't mean anything. It is your actions that matter. Your actions can pose an indirect threat. That means that the cop can ask you to discontinue performing an action. In the case of video taping it means the cop can ask you to move to a certain distance.

Remember cops and judges deal with some of the worst the world has to offer. When you say "I mean you no harm" a cop isn't going to take it on face value. Police hear more lies than anything else on their job. They pretty much assume it is a lie unless evidence proves other wise.

You want to prove you mean no harm? Back up and be quiet. Then you have provided evidence that you mean no harm. If you are dealing with me and my squad we will continue to allow you to tape. If you keep advancing in to the middle of the scene and blabbering then you can get in trouble. Stay at least 7 yards away and do not become a distraction. Then we will believe you mean no harm.

I wish more people would safely video the police in action. Believe it or not, it usually exonerates falsely accused cops. It also helps punish the ones that do wrong. I'm all for nailing the dirty ones to the wall.
edit on 6-7-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
That was hilarious!
HELP ME, HELP ME!
Pathetic attempt, guy must have rehearsed being rodney king in his bathroom.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Curious video. First there was hope that at least there is one good cop on the streets. Then watched it to the end and started to wonder if he was just concerned about being filmed. Other cop seemed oblivious to the camera but the "good one" saw it. Would he do the same if there wasn't a camera around? Also why does he approach the guy filming in the end and why does it stop there?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What assault? All I saw in the video was a fat whiner resisting arrest.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Manhater

You are taking me so out of context. I almost did go to the academy, but for medical reasons, I can't be in LE, but I do have a degree in it. The guy was overly dramatic. He looked, more like he was putting up a fight, more then he looked to be as hurt as he claimed. Like my grandma use to say, "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about"

edit on 5-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

When a police officer beats you for no reason,
I will not laugh still.

I will defend you, even though clearly you need a karma wake up call.

Somehow things aren't so funny when it's your turn to taste the pavement.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

yea, dont scream if youre being assaulted by an angry man with a badge, GUN, and s a sense of entitlement...

It's the only defense you can take aside of full on insurgency.

So yea, short of outright warfare, it's easily the best defense mechanism to fall back on.

I'd yell too.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The only real problem is, we don't have footage of what the Officer was doing that caused the outburst by his partner. We can see in the first few frames what appears to be the man being dragged by his cuffed hands against the ground. We just don't know what happened prior to the film starting. My guess would be that something pretty bad happened before the tape started, and that's why the filming began.

We just don't know, the guy screaming barely speaks English and probably had no other words other than help me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Curious video. First there was hope that at least there is one good cop on the streets. Then watched it to the end and started to wonder if he was just concerned about being filmed. Other cop seemed oblivious to the camera but the "good one" saw it. Would he do the same if there wasn't a camera around? Also why does he approach the guy filming in the end and why does it stop there?

I agree whole-heartedly. He KNEW tha they where being filmed and tried to convince the other officer that they were on camera. The other officer had already lost his patience with the guy yelling like and idiot and not getting up. I wonder what the "good" cop did to the camera man after he came storming towards him.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

did you watch the whole video?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wasn't talking about the yelling I was talking about his refusal to get up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join