It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ, Da Vinci, and Astrotheology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I recently started reading Jordan Maxwell's work on Astrotheology and he shows an interesting connection with Da Vinci "The Last Supper"
Here

Currently a suspected work by Da Vinci is being authenticated in England
Da Vinci being authenticated

Disscusion Thread Here

I noticed right away the globe he is holding has a cross and what looks like the sky in it/on it, Jordan also mentions this Symbol

I think there is something here anyone else?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by realone91

That link just takes me to the main page what am I looking for exactly.

I have read several stories from this site and they defiantly need an editor something terrible.

edit on 2-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Actually three threads counting the one I linked lol

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
He has come up with some interesting ideas.

However, the "globe" in the Christ's hand there is a sovereign's orb, such as English monarchs carry when they are coronated.

Queen Elizabeth II's orb looked very similar, but without the bottom part of the cross. I'm guessing he is holding the orb to signify he is "king", and it has been finished out as a cross to symbolize the cross he died on.

*two cents*

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Salvator Mundi or 'Saviour of the World', depicts Christ with his right hand raised in blessing and his left hand holding a globe

That is the quote from the story.

I have looked at several other artists renditions of this piece (if proved real) and they do depict that same exact orb you talk about like Titian's piece of the same title.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Did you see this other thread started just after yours? You're both referencing a new Da Vinci painting, but linking to two different paintings.

Very interesting! Great minds & all that. I'm curious which one is THE one.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Looks like the same painting in black and white to me... some of the detail is missing in the bw though. There are three threads counting the one I linked about that then.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I do like Dan Brown in terms of fiction; but he's often careless in his writing; especially on historical detail.

Stephen Fry on Dan Brown:-

In an episode of QI, Stephen Fry described Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code as "Loose stool water, arse gravy of the worst kind."

Perhaps you should investigate his criticism.

popdose.com...
edit on 2-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Dan Brown???? Where did this come from I know a little about Dan enough to know that most of his stuff is full of fiction with a hint of truth maybe somewhere in there. But no of this post had to do with Dan brown. I think Jordan mentions him once in the book I am reading but it was in reference to a counter belief I think. Ill try and find the section.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Please let me apologise sincerely for my ignorance!

Serves me right for not reading the post properly
Lesson learnt!

Peace be with you.

MODS: Delete off topic posts as you see fit.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
I recently started reading Jordan Maxwell's work on Astrotheology and he shows an interesting connection with Da Vinci "The Last Supper"
Here

Currently a suspected work by Da Vinci is being authenticated in England
Da Vinci being authenticated

Disscusion Thread Here

I noticed right away the globe he is holding has a cross and what looks like the sky in it/on it, Jordan also mentions this Symbol

I think there is something here anyone else?

Have you ever read Javier Sierra's 'The Secret Supper'? If not, I suggest you do.

Even though it is a fictional novel, it does give historical insight and a very in-depth look into a plausible theory behind Leonardo da Vinci's 'The Last Supper'. The following are excerpts from a book review from here: varnam.org...

The Prior asks for Father Agostino’s help in finding hidden secrets in the painting and Agostino asks the Prior for help in solving the Soothsayer’s riddle. One day, Father Alessandro is found hanging, apparently murdered. While investigating this murder, Father Agostino meets Leonardo, who tells the Father that it was Alessandro who procured some rare books for him. One of those rare books was called The Secret Supper.

This rare book had Christ’s teaching such as the method for people to speak directly to God without clergy and Leonardo wanted to reveal it to the world. His idea was to hide the message in the thirteen protagonists of The Last Supper as a gibe against Rome. The teachings of Jesus to John and Mary Magdalene was aimed at showing how to find God within ourselves. According to Leonardo, Christ did not resurrect as a mortal body, but as light and it is depicted with one half of The Last Supper in light and the other in darkness. The novel ends predictably with the solving of Leonardo’s puzzle as well as the Soothsayer’s one...

...The focus of the book is entirely on The Last Supper and on the motivation behind each and every hidden symbol in it, including the knot at one end of the table. The people who modeled for the Apostles were people like Father Alessandro, after whom Judas was modeled and some others considered heretics. The man to whom Leonardo da Vinci (or Judas Thaddeus) is talking to in the painting is considered to be Plato. As the novel progresses more and more secret messages are revealed.

It does present a very compelling case!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandrTorny

Ya some of that sound similar to Dan Browns work and spin-offs. I will have to check it out though, thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

how did you make out with that some great stuff here an ya I've always know the story of Yeshua aka jesus was much more than what our present bible says. Never trusted in Paul 100% so much of what he says seems opposite of what the disciples wrote about Yeshua. And so much of even that story is missing.

FnS

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Well I guess you could say I discovered it by chance. I have always loved Da Vincis' work and I guess just knowing about things he did like write backwards pointed to him knowing things others did not agree with, this lead me to a question Why wouldn't he do this in other forms as well? The answer is simple as most obvious ones are, he would do this. So I bought in to some of the Dan Brown stuff and started researching and looking. That all started almost 5 years ago, then about 2 months ago I read some of Jordan Maxwell's stuff as I mentioned and this just jumped out at me. Crazy thing was that all of it happened in the course of maybe 5mins I noticed the cross in the globe and thought I just seen this in a book, then bang it hit me where it was. I guess other people are not as curious as I am about this though. I think Christ was spreading or re-spreading the concept of Astro-theology it would still seem to fit with the bibles telling of his story and explain the "missing years".... but that is just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

hmm it be interesting to find out I know his brother James wrote a book thats never been circulated and there's a copy of the original bible they used in Isreal it was featured on a bbs documentary and is in Coptic Christians hands.
If anything could prove or disprove your theory that would be it. I'll try and remember the name of the documentary and post a link.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Sounds like a good road for me to follow next thanks, looking forward to it if you can find it. Also do you know what the name of that book is and why it never published?

new topics

top topics

join