It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Tearing down other peoples 'holy sites' and building their own over the top... This is how they roll.

this is how 'they' roll?

you can't be serious (she asks - knowing full well you are)

golly - is this the same guy?
www.abdalullah.co.uk...

how is it a conflict of interest for a citizen to get involved in local politics - and this is what this is - local politics

not some evil sinister worldwide plot to dig up The English Dead - and replace them with Muslim dead

over here - in my country - there's a phrase most people are familiar with: driving while black

figure it out - you are actually implying that first of all - his motives are suspect because - he has a Muslim surname

politicking while Muslim, in other words

2nd - you seem to be saying that you think that this is the way things will go... 'they' will try to claim our beloved West - using, of all things - democracy

oh, woe is us...then surely we must perish

no different from over here - suggesting that Obama is Muslim (because - accusing him of being black just isn't going to serve some peoples needs anymore) is simultaneously suggesting that somehow 'they' have managed to infiltrate - to the highest position in the land no less!

clever bastards

as if the President gets to wave a sceptor and make a decree

as if... :-)

if Obama were Muslim - so what?

well, I'll tell you what - every single thing he tried to do for his country would be suspect - part of 'their' agenda

Conflict of interests much Abdal Ullah?

as a citizen of his country...? Where's the conflict?

we've dug up a number of graveyards over here - for a variety of different reasons

and it upsets people - for a variety of different reasons

it's not really an effective way to overthrow a government however - is it?

bigoted much - InfaRedMan?

edit on 7/2/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They should just build a mall over it

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
A 4 year old source

Ummm... This was established early in the thread. However the original source for the Op was dated 25/06/11. The fact that they failed in their plans to exhume the bodies and place a new cemetery over the top is not evidence of no agenda. It's simply evidence that they failed!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
bigoted much - InfaRedMan?

Oh dear, another clichéd response!

Fears over the number of homophobic incidents in Tower Hamlets at the hands of Islamic extremists have grown in recent years. But there is also the concern that no one is prepared to speak out about what is happening for fear of being branded Islamophobic.

Paul Burston edits the gay section in the London listings magazine Time Out. ‘In the past few years there have been more and more reports of homophobic incidents in Tower Hamlets, often involving attacks on gay men by gangs of young Bangladeshis,’ he said.

‘A large number of people have contacted me to tell me about all kinds of incidents, ranging from being stopped outside mosques and handed literature that is really horrible, to being verbally abused and physically attacked. But if you talk about it publicly then you are accused of fuelling Islamophobia. It is the idea that a potential thought-crime trumps a real crime that I find difficult to understand.’

Source

LOL! If you say so Spiramirabilis! Call me what you like... but it ain't going to make me accept the examples hatred and malice provided in the link above. If you are suggesting it doesn't go on, then your head is firmly planted in the sand. I care more for the victims of these crimes, not the perpetrators... nor for the political correctness from the apologists that enable them!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It's simply evidence that they failed!

Then why was it necessary to bring up an agenda that failed?

your source has a source link that leads you to the 4 year old story.

and according to your source it says

Stop Islamization of the world

Is that not an agenda itself?

Why didn't just make a thread about stopping Islaminazation instead of flaming the fire with a dead issue?

Don't take this as personal. I'm just baffled about the old story.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Oh dear, another clichéd response!

my response is cliche? gee willikers Infa...that really hurts :-)

I could live with just about anything but being cliche...

save it for your groupies - and answer me this: how is what you just posted in any way an adequate response to my post? :-)

it's not - your original post is lame - and bigoted. I'd like to say let's just agree to disagree - but - no dice...

enough is enough - if you're going to put it out there - defend it

after you've put up a reasonable explanation and or defense of your original OP - and explained to any one of us still listening why it's not bigoted - or lame - then, you can call me what you will - I can live with it

trust me :-)

until then, and otherwise - you're just ducking

...It is the idea that a potential thought-crime trumps a real crime that I find difficult to understand...’

Source

do you even read your own sources? :-)

amusing

LOL! If you say so Spiramirabilis! Call me what you like... but it ain't going to make me accept the examples hatred and malice provided in the link above....

like I said - amusing :-)

If you are suggesting it doesn't go on, then your head is firmly planted in the sand. I care more for the victims of these crimes, not the perpetrators... nor for the political correctness from the apologists that enable them!

if you're suggesting that this sort of thing only happens at the hands of Muslims - then, well - my work here is done

I am an apologist of sorts - I apologize for calling you a bigot

it wasn't necessary

:-)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
BBC Article from 2007
BURIAL LAND SHORTAGE

Muslims, Jews, Buddhists and Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians all strongly favour burial over cremation, as do people with Italian, Greek and Turkish roots.

The problem is particularly pressing in Tower Hamlets, where demand is high because around 36% of the population are Muslim.

...there are currently "no plans to reopen Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park as a cemetery".

With the Cemetery Park no longer being an option,...

The article is worth reading in its entirety.
This thread makes me sad.

edit on 2-7-2011 by jeanvaljean because: Premature launch.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Attention All Of You... Yes, You!!

The topic is sensitive enough to begin with, there is absolutely no excuse, muchless reason, to be bringing personalities into it.

From this point on, you will post to topic, and topic only. No more commentary about fellow members.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

my apologies InfaRedMan

bemused cynicism just isn't working for me anymore - your OP was the last thing I needed to see this morning

please, do carry on
edit on 7/2/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: for the sake of sincerity

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Finally someone who gets it. Hit the nail on the head there. I've been trying to convince my family of that and they always call me nuts.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This happened in Italy where Muslims wanted graves not to have crosses or religious symbols on them, not one even thought about this as a problem not until Muslims came into the country.
Statues of Mary and have been covered up because some buildings have this and Muslims don't like them.
Crosses were put into court in Italy, the most religious of countries of Europe was disputed by one Muslim who took offence.

Muslims get told in Muslims countries to come here and conquer us, it is part of the mentality, being quiet about it is justified through religion overriding the lie for the sake of religious purposes.

This is no difference between this story in London than what else goes on in the rest of the world.
Their plan is to cover-up all other religions, pretend Christians never lived in London if it came to that if this continues in 1000 years time because it will once Satan is released and the same bloodlines in the future will try and over throw God and future Israel, because some things is just in the nature of some people it cannot be helped.
Then of course you could call me a racist, but I am going by Biblical prophecy and tribes and regions where some people live today which keep having the same problems.
Of course Muslim doctrine tells the same, the Jews are the worst of people and Muhammad never liked them and Islam shows no favour towards them. This includes getting rid of anything Christian, Jewish and Buddhist that does not revolve around Islam and covering up Christian holy sites and decorating them with Islam because there has been a burning jealousy since Isaac and Ishmael the descendents of the Arabs because God favoured the Jews who in turn favoured the Gentile believers who become spiritually related to Abraham through faith.

With Islam You get this.

Jews are not the bloodlines of the prophets.

No original sin means the Devil gets away with Adam and Eve’s deception.

No Jesus on the cross means no salvation of sin and resurrection of death.

The Devil gets away with Judas, it never happened, Judas replaces the Jesus on the cross.

Jerusalem is never mentioned in the Koran, only in a vague dream.

Jesus (Isa) comes back to destroy the Jews and Zionism.

An Islamic Imam prophet is to arise during a time of great conflicts.

The Jewish Prophets where in tombs are situated in Israel and mentioned in the Bible has been a place of conflict even if they don't represent the story of the Islamic version of creation with their main protagonist Ishmael their first ever descendent who is not even amongst the tombs of the Patriarchs but is decorated in Islamic art and place where Jews have found it hard to entre.

en.wikipedia.org...

But if people have sympathy and don’t believe in the creation story then at least you won’t be bias and restrict things the way atheist attitudes have restricted the countries Christian values and heritage.
We should all get on of course, maybe writing this might help further the scope so people can research it them selves.

But if people want to be blind to these things and don't consider them as a possible vindictive attitude towards the rest of the non Mulism world then they have half way there to get what they want while wiping out history in the process.
edit on 2-7-2011 by The time lord because: Adding more reasons

edit on 2-7-2011 by The time lord because: Added facts 2

edit on 2-7-2011 by The time lord because: reason 3

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just bury the entrails of a butchered pig at each corner of the cemetary the Muslims wont enter - problem solved.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All this hate continually spewed against muslims while the governments screw you all every which way but loose is an obvious sign of desperation by the ptb and the brainwashed hate filled fools who echo their every move.

You people are like chickens who's farmer has ALLOWED or introduced a new breed of bird into your pen and you gang up and spread hate supporting the destruction of said creature, when it was the farmer who put them there in the first place, because that farmer destroyed their home.

Well the farmer is rubbing his hands with glee as you no longer try to escape the imprisonment forced upon You, you now fight amongst yourselves while he collects the eggs.

Or another look

If your landlord forced 10 extra people into your home you are renting would it be logical to spread hate against those who are just seeking a home attacking them from left and right? Noooooo Of course it wouldn't!

You would go and speak to the landlord or take him to court! ( Court is something i myself am thinking of doing ie taking the government to court because there is no democracy! It was all a dirty lie)

Op you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself spreading hate against muslims who have had their homes destroyed and have been invited into your domain by your masters!

TO end my post, while i do not agree with digging up graves of any said creature, for you to turn it around like the racist fascist dailymail have done and turn it into another muslim hate filled post is despicable on all levels of the moral compass.

It clearly states the graveyard will be a MULTI FAITH graveyard!!!!!!! And it was only some hate filled fools opinion that because of its location it would mainly be used as a muslim graveyard!

Again i say to you op you should be deeply ashamed!

Tell me op, why do you choose to follow the governments views and tactics of divide and conquer while the very same governments are destroying this world and your fellow citizens systematically as they continuously erode away your rights and run off with you and your fellow citizens money? ? ? ?

edit on 2-7-2011 by Unrivaled1 because: tidy up =)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think people have seen the same patterns happen over and over again it only takes a few months to forget untill it repeats else where in the country and across the world so people are not being taken for a ride they are waking up to it and maybe even the Muslims them selves in their old traditions who too are fed up with them and with it maybe some hope of a revolution.

Democracy has failed since it lost its Christain values it abandoned Christ for another god and we have seen this written in the Old Testament when this happens of losing ones faith and heritage, the nations have to fight back what they lost because something else less genourous and more vicious minded has taken place and maybe England is going through a similar phase and has to put pressure on the little matters before it is too late.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What are they going to do with all the bodies?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding ?

Why don't we just shoot ourselves and give the country to the Muslims.

wtf

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

This is not a Muslim vs. Christian issue.

This is an Urbanization issue. Too many people; too many corpses.

The only reason this is being called a "Muslim burial site" is because of the assumption that the mostly Muslim (East-Asian) population of that area will logically be buried near where they had lived. Makes sense to me.

Then again, I think burial is passe. There's no space for corpse-éclairs stuffed with formaldehyde cream that do not decompose correctly and certainly defy the whole "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" reality.

People really go out of their way to take the most tangentially related issues and somehow superimpose them as though they were part and parcel of something tightly connected.

Big city ---> need space for dead people ---> old cemetery ---> few or no "knowing" relatives left to mourn the dead buried there ---> move their bodies to make room for the 21st century dead ---> 17th century dead were Anglo-Saxon ---> 21st century dead are East-Asian ---> imperial colonization is a bitch when the chickens come home to roost. ---> life goes on, people die, o-blah-dee, o-blah-dah, praise Allah/Mohammed/Jesus/Jehovah/Krsna/YHWH/Olodun/Ologun/Yemanja/Zoroaster/Amaterasu/Buddha/The Great Spirit/Gaia/Quetzalcoatl/Coatlicue/Chaac Mol and all the other greater and lesser deities.

For what it's worth, I think it's a bad idea...I don't like the idea of tearing down the old to make room for the new, but perhaps I'm hypersensitive because I live in South Florida, where a building is "old" if it survived the 90s and the average commercial property space has a turn over rate of 9.45 years (I made that up).

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

You mean the democracy first invented by the pre-Christian, polytheistic Greeks? What an utterly factually-based opinion you have...

And another thing, if it was written in the Old Testament, what does Christ have to do with it???
edit on 2-7-2011 by Sphota because: more sarcasm...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This thread is just so pointless and now there are more people wading in with ill-informed posts, who clearly have not read the whole thread or any of the links posted by people who are giving accurate information, they are obviously just reading the OP and basing their opinion on a 4 yr old article from the Daily Mail!

What the heck happened to denying ignorance?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If anyone's interested here's a linkydinky to York University's Cemetery research group.
It's quite informative on the in's & out's of protocol in the UK.
www.york.ac.uk...

My illustrious employer, though not that specific department, fascinating information, thanks for the link. I didn't know we had a such a group at York, though we must have more dead bodies beneath our feet that alot of other places. Everytime a pipe burst they find another one, so stands to reason.

I plan on being being buried, complete, unless any of my organs and bits are suitable for donation, no added chemicals, in a wood with an oak sapling in my chest. Preferably in North Yorkshire. Cremation is a waste of good fertiliser

For anyone who might be interested, Sandy Toskvig on BBC Radio 4 this morning interviewed a number of writers who have recently published works about the various death rites around the world. It was very, very interesting. It was ten-ish, and should be available on i-player for those with access.
edit on 2-7-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: added BBC...

edit on 2-7-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: repetition

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join