It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I was going to have a go at the OP then I saw the OP's source publicised the story as current. So it is that source which needs condemnation. That said, no historic graveyard should be destroyed simply to replace with a different set of bodies. The faith is irrelevant. They are wonderful, peaceful atmospheric places to walk around and are a reminder of our own mortaility.
So it didn't go through - but the fact that it was even proposed was concerning enough and the Daily Mail was quite right to flag it up. There WAS a racist element to the proposal. Multi faith? In the middle of an Asian area? Not very 'multi' in practice!
edit on 2-7-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Yes I completely agree with you BhronBuckle see my Posts in the thread to understand how i expose the jaded and skewed information or atleast OP title and/or topic that OP portrayed as a mainly Muslim Grave-yard which was actually false to begin with.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I do not see them as the enemy at all.

"To preserve the respect and dignity for everyone, I think most of the graves would have to be cleared out and we'd start afresh." - that is what annoyed me. That and the fact they are digging up bodies that have been laid to rest.

What do they do with te bones? pet shop? They need to be left there. Someone probably paid for that and if there is one thing you can take with you in this short life it should be your burial plot.

It is disgusting that people would even consider this. Just another example of how we are getting bent over here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

How many Indian graves has your government desecrated? Hypocrisy is bliss among Islamophobics.

But keep hating, it's what you do best.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So true, it's the Daily Mail after all, which just happens to be the least credible newspaper in the UK.
And it's the Gov who supposedly wants to do this, not your local Muslims. Like I said, "for some, it's easier to hate". Anyhow, the article is over 3 years old and the politicians and local council involved are no longer in power.

edit on 2-7-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Wow, this is not good... I have nothing against Muslims, I dont live in England, and it is more or less conjecture really that it would end up a primarily Muslim issue i think that might just be a bit of fear injecting for sensationalism. But to dig up any such site (regardless of religion or people) is an affront in my eyes. My genealogy in my family goes to England only a single generation back... what if I have ancestors in this place (given the number of bodies id say that its a given for hell of alot of people alive today) and would like to one day visit their grave sites?..

Modernizing a Grave Yard?... these ancestors deserve to be left in peace where they are interned its their final right in my mind. If it did ever end up as a primarily Muslim grave site then I can say my otherwise tolerant attitude to them would be somewhat tarnished.

Not good, not good at all.

Edit:- Opps looks like this might be an old issue, bugger fell for it I did. Gotta learn to read fully before reacting

edit on 2-7-2011 by BigfootNZ because: meh

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
What did they plan on doing with all those gravestones? shaving off the christion names then reselling them for muslim headstones?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The point MISSED here is that this is a POLITICAL decision being made which is USING a Religious Muslim angle as to prevent fair debate.

The Typical Labour Adgenda in the UK is to try and Minimise discussion and steam roller BAD DECISIONS through.............ref the last 10 years...

Sorry to Politicise this but that is the Truth ..!!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
How on earth can this be allowed even the dead are effected by stupid laws and rights in the guise of religion. This is an effort to encorage anger towards others. I feel like because im white have no religion but believe in a God/Gods im treated diffrently than someone who is either religious or has a diffrent colour of skin than me.

We are all the same we live we die, the world was hear before and itll be hear after we are gone.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Exactly i blasted the OP in the past 3 pages about this but he kept ignoring the Facts.

As if i hadn't presented them at all

He wishes to see it as some kind of Muslim agenda to exhume a grave-yard of 350,000 people

When in reality the article and/or source he posted from originally skewed and jaded in the first place.

But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site. Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

The Typical Labour Adgenda in the UK is to try and Minimise discussion and steam roller BAD DECISIONS through.............ref the last 10 years...

Yes, totally agree...

We have Labour to thank for most of the mess we are in now.

Tower Hamlets is a notorious borough for quite absurd decisions.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

They are there to rile you up and make you HATE Muslims, so that while we're abroad killing people and imprisoning people without reason or trial and carrying out renditions.... people all sit and home and say "Oh well that's OK because those Muslims hate us and they want to take over our country and they want our graves"

You should read my posts in this thread i already picked apart the jaded and skewed source the OP posted in the OP.

He also blatantly and vehemently denied and attacked and/or ignored when i posted relevant information proving otherwise

That the grave-yard is not a Muslim Grave-yard (As he states in his title) Its a Multi-Faith Grave-yard but the OP felt it good toward his agenda to contrive a Islam/Muslim Bashing thread by mis-guiding the Majority who only care to look at the OP and simply hand it a Star and Flag without looking at the relevant information

That Completely de-bunks this idiocy and lunacy.

The Town(borough) That They were going to Exhume the Grave-yard in has a bit more Christians than actual Muslims

So really he's just rehashing the notion of it being the Muslims who want this (as stated in his source Nazi-Website) When its the whole town and/or council or law makers who were deciding this probably.

I think the idea of exhuming the bodies is atrocious but its not cool to scape-goat the Muslims and claim it would only be their grave-yard when clearly it would be the whole town of Tower Hamlets

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

When I read the title of this thread I was disgusted and I am muslim.

But I was more disgusted by the many comments of pure hatred in this thread.

One stupid Muslim guy says something that is never going to happen, and then all the Muslim haters come in and judge ALL muslims as one person and complain how they bend over to muslims everyday based on "daily mail reports" haha, it's ridiculous.

I also knew dailymail was behind this report, they always have the biggest most obvious propaganda reports, with the most exaggerated titles to get people angry and thinking the way they want.

e.g

Originally posted by SG-17
There is one genocide that I would turn a blind eye too...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cannot believe this thread is still going when it has been posted at least twice now that the cemetery in question is used as a nature reserve and is run by a group called Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery

You can even go along this weekend and participate in a Pratical Nature Conservation Project

I agree in many respects that the Islamification of the UK has gone too far, but this really is old news that didn't come to anything, the cemetery is still there in its current format and looks like it will be for the forseeable future!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
www.thisisbristol.co.uk...

this cracked me up...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The London Borough of Tower Hamlets has a long tradition of immigration. Over the centuries, various groups have moved into the area, from Jews fleeing the various European pogroms, French Hugenouts originally from Holland, West Indian/Afro-Caribbean, Indian and other Asian and more recently, mainly Islamic Bangladeshi's who now form the largest ethnic minority group in the Borough.

Prior to 2007, no other group had even suggested, let alone demanded that historic burial grounds (or indeed, any other historic landmark), be redeveloped for their sole use.

The argument that it is not the minority community itself demanding this but rather a suggestion made by local government, is misleading. Local government officers and representatives in the Borough are increasingly made up of members of said minority groups who are not representative of majority or holistic interests and views.

The church of St Mary-le Bow is situated within the Borough. To be a true Cockney, one must be born within earshot of Bow Bells. The suggestion that the graveyard be redeveloped for the sole use of a sizeable minority that does not respect local culture was a direct cultural attack upon long held Cockney tradition and values.

The proposals were not successful because the English (I do not know enough about how the Welsh or Scotts operate under such circumstances) have our own ways of countering this type of incursion into our culture and traditions. Environmental campaign and protection groups hold influence over urban and rural planning decisions. For instance, English Heritage and the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England will become involved in any disputed planning application that may negatively impact on any building of historical interest or value, area of natural beauty, area of special scientific interest, natural habitat of any endangered species etc.

London's green spaces are very important to the health of the city and all her inhabitants and all those who advocate their destruction (or redevelopment) will find they have little chance of having their proposals passed by either local government or the Secretary of State. Consider how whole tracts of Hackney Marshes had to be left untouched by the Olympic Park/Village developement!

So to those calling 'Islamaphobia' over objections to Londoners challenging proposals to desecrate historic burial grounds and to those claiming that Brits have no spine, the fact is most Brits are not afraid of the truth about how successive governments have capitulated to politically correct agenda's or how we are legally able to successfully challenge incursive agenda's to infiltrate and destroy our heritage.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is also beginning to sound like another operative, underhanded 'Divide and Conquer technique' to cause yet more division amongst the masses.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
This is also beginning to sound like another operative, underhanded 'Divide and Conquer technique' to cause yet more division amongst the masses.

Not sure of your point

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
OMG.... the article is from 2007, In the DAILY MAIL ffs , a simple google search of TOWER HAMLETS PARK shows it as still a nature reserve,Nothing to see here from scaremongering of the worst sort .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join