It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hmm... This makes me think of what the Spanish are doing to America.

Anyways, what they want to do is just sick and wrong. Exhuming 350k bodies just so they can bury their own people? Wow. They need to find somewhere else to bury their people. If they exhume those bodies, they're destroying a piece of history for selfish reasons. Would they let US do that to their cemeteries? Heck no they wouldn't! So why are they expecting us to let them?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't care if they were going to rebuild the site as a "christian" burial ground, because relocating THAT many bodies is just moronic to say the least. Let's move these bodies so we can put more bodies. I must be a logistical genius, because I have an "out of the box" thought...Instead of moving all those bodies, why not put the "new" bodies where you plan to move the old ones?

I mean really? While I have respect for all religions, what irks me about the faith of Islam is that it isn't very old. Well it is if sort of. The religion was supposedly founded in 610, and Mohamed was supposedly a prophet sent by God. So their are ties to other religions. However, if it is okay for the Jewish faith not to recognize Jesus as sent from God as a prophet, and as an ordinary man and preacher, I think it is much more likely that Mohamed was just that...A man, and a spiritual teacher. Nothing more, and definitely not a prophet.

I do not understand how a religion that started so similarly to Christianity has been skewed so much, a lot of which comes from the beliefs of Mohamed, who was 600 years after Jesus. Christianity, while divided with Judaism on only a few points, are pretty similar. SO, where is the basis for Islam? I find it hard to express what I mean, but hopefully you get the idea I am trying to convey.

Although the age of a religion may not seem like such a big deal, I think it is. I know there were many religions before Christianity, but that is an offshoot of Judaism. I don't even know why I am ranting in your thread. Sorry about that, but I think it is relevant, considering the followers of Islam seem to be pushing for things like this, which makes me question their entire religion.

This may be viewed by some as the most "ignorant" post I have ever made, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone, but the bottom line is that all religions are open to attack when on a quest for knowledge, and although I am not very knowledgeable in the subject of religion, Islam just doesn't make sense to me.

Mods, if you must remove this post I understand completely.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The Article clearly says only a corner of the Graveyard will be for Muslim Grave sites

He said a corner of the cemetery would be reserved for Muslims who are buried in shrouds at a depth of 6ft and on their side facing Mecca. By law, any graves more than 75 years old can be removed.

You left one important part out...

Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

The OP is biased and Skewing Information

No.. it appears you are judging by your selective quoting!

He is Biased

Again? Didn't you just say that? I've simply pasted articles I didn't write personally and added my own feelings on the situation. Clearly you are biased the other way... but that's ok because it's you right?

And i'd be surprised if he posts in the thread again

Clearly you're wrong...but not for the first time I would imagine. That's ok though... your new!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by TheUniverse

Actually, that's one of the few truly offensive pieces here. That corner they are talking about is not some hypothetical area that they are planning to designate for Muslim burials. That corner already exists. They are saying that they want to save that corner, and tear down all the rest.

That's the one and only racist part of this entire story. The OP and legions of Islam-haters are trying to weave this graveyard desecration into some ridiculous "Muslims are taking over England!!" context. Forget religion. This is a historic site that should be preserved. When you start yelling about Islam, you are missing the point.

Exactly my point

They are scape goating Islam

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Persist in Delusion my friend i'm simply showing how you skewed the facts toward your anti-islamic agenda

You forget to try and pick apart this post you seem to have missed it and attack the post u could attack!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You're missing the point the New Grave-yard won't be only muslims it will be all Race, Religion and Ethicities Read my post again

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You're missing the point the New Grave-yard won't be only muslims it will be all Race, Religion and Ethicities Read my post again

No you are missing the point! I'll post again as you appear to have suffered temporary blindness!

it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

There is no delusion on my part. However, the fact that you clearly did not read the follow up on page 2 of this thread as to what the muslims are doing to the Tower Hamlets area is very telling.

I'll post the link again! Read it!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now if you cannot see that the muslims despise anything that is a) not islamic, or b) according to sharia law, then you are the one who is in a perpetual state of delusion! Go and walk down the streets there in a 'Gay and Proud of it" T-Shirt and see how long it takes until you're harassed or attacked by these peaceful people!

IRM

edit on 2/7/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

LOL did you even read your own source? Sounds like some good old fashioned UK bigotry to me. The majority of hate speech on ATS usually comes out of the UK. Sorry to make that observation, but it's true. The fact that you blame Islam for this is kind of hilarious. I am kind of lost for words at the moment. Have a good one LOL.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This thread pisses me off. If i tried pulling a stunt like this it would get 404ed pretty darned quick. WOW wtf is going on with this site. Off topic me sure, but come one, wtf is up with this tread? Is it just me or is this just messed up?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Did I hear right? "To preserve the respect and dignity for everyone"? This man has an obscure definition of respect and dignity...

He has an even more obscure definition of "everyone".

This should not be allowed to happen. Brits, grow some stones and take back your country already.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Remove 350k bodies just to build a new graveyard? It's a historic site, obviously. Have some respect for history and the dead and go build your fancy new boneyard some place else.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Nope still you are wrong and scape-goating muslims when Most of the East-Asian Borough are not even Muslim

Wikipedia- British Asian - Demographics

According to the 2001 UK Census, there were approximately 2,331,423 British Asians, constituting 4.0% of the population of the UK. Those who were of Indian origin was 1,053,411 people (1.8% of the population), 747,285 people of Pakistani origin (1.3%), 283,063 of Bangladeshi origin (0.5%), and 247,664 other Asian (0.4%). British Asians make up 50.3% of the UK's non-European population

Do not expect another response

Almost Half of the Asians in Britain Originate from India. Indias most Prevalent Religions are not Islam but

Wikipedia- India - Culture

Indian religions form one of the most defining aspects of Indian culture[208] and the major religions practiced in India include which Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam, Christianity and Jainism. The predominant religion, Hinduism

And the last nail in your thread putting this non-sense to end

British Indians tend to be religiously diverse, with 56% Hindu, 30% Sikh, and 13% Muslim, while their counterparts of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin are much more religiously homogeneous, with

Wikipedia- East End of London - Demographics
This little tid-bit might help you learn too or expose the biased agenda

Today Bangladeshis form the largest minority population in Tower Hamlets, constituting 33.5% of the borough population at the 2001 census, and is the largest Bangladeshi community in Britain.[102] The 2006 estimates show a decline in this group to 29.8% of the population, reflecting a movement to better economic circumstances and the larger houses available in the eastern suburbs.[103] In this, the latest group of migrants are following a pattern established for over three centuries.

Bangladeshi's are mainly Muslim with about 10% of them being Hindu They account for around 30% of the demographic they are not representing all people in East London Boroughs.

Also this demographic chart From wikipedia will show that present day bangledeshis mainly consist of probably about 20% of the population of East London
Chart- Wikipedia- Showing Decrease in Bengladeshi Population

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hmm i`m not absolute on this, but wouldn`t burial on a specific plot of land signify ownership? In which case this would be a huge statement and something not to be ignored by the English.

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
*SNIP*

Originally posted by BattleFieldPredator
I am sick to the high teeth of my country being violated by these scumbags

*SNIP*

Come on people! Can't anyone see why they are really doing this?

You have been conditioned to think "muslims are the enemy".

Now they are digging up your ancestor's graves so they can bury the "enemy" there.

EDIT: So people don't hurt themselves trying to think about it, it's called emotional manipulation. They want you to support their war...
edit on 1/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed quoted content.

edit on 7/1/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed quoted content.

edit on 7/1/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

LOL did you even read your own source? Sounds like some good old fashioned UK bigotry to me. The majority of hate speech on ATS usually comes out of the UK. Sorry to make that observation, but it's true. The fact that you blame Islam for this is kind of hilarious. I am kind of lost for words at the moment.

I can understand that you are lost for words given you clearly have not read through all of the material or posts within this thread. Let me help you out!

Fears over the number of homophobic incidents in Tower Hamlets at the hands of Islamic extremists have grown in recent years. But there is also the concern that no one is prepared to speak out about what is happening for fear of being branded Islamophobic.

Paul Burston edits the gay section in the London listings magazine Time Out. ‘In the past few years there have been more and more reports of homophobic incidents in Tower Hamlets, often involving attacks on gay men by gangs of young Bangladeshis,’ he said.

‘A large number of people have contacted me to tell me about all kinds of incidents, ranging from being stopped outside mosques and handed literature that is really horrible, to being verbally abused and physically attacked. But if you talk about it publicly then you are accused of fuelling Islamophobia. It is the idea that a potential thought-crime trumps a real crime that I find difficult to understand.’

Source

Lets repeat a few of those quotes shall we...

"But there is also the concern that no one is prepared to speak out about what is happening for fear of being branded Islamophobic."

Kind of seems like what is going on in this thread by members such as yourself! Don't worry about the women who are being beaten and threatened with death for being un-muslim in the Tower Hamlets. Don't worry about the gays and whites that are also being threatened, beaten and harassed for not being islamic! You best keep worrying about people like me who find these kind of actions intolerable in western culture. Good to see your priorities are correct!

and another quote:

"But if you talk about it publicly then you are accused of fuelling Islamophobia. It is the idea that a potential thought-crime trumps a real crime that I find difficult to understand."

... and so do I! ...

If your too lazy to read the article, and can't join the dots between the racist behaviour going on in the Tower Hamlets and why there was a push to exhume christian graves from that very same area to make way for predominantly islamic ones, then there's no point engaging you in any further discussion. You don't get it and you never will!

Nuff Said!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Do not expect another response

Cya Later Alligator!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

You still forget to look at the post because i know it hurts your OP. Against Muslims but in reality it has nothing to do with muslims exposed in my last post as you likely will dodge to try and pick apart.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Aside from the fact that this seems to be an old story with few updates, the idea of removing old graves in a favor of adding new ones isn't a terrible idea. It goes against the morals of most people, but space, especially in a city like London, is incredibly valuable. Probably more valuable than the combined weight of all the morals and superstitions that most people hold. If you remove all of the old graves, you can plan the cemetery better, allowing for more graves that will be eventually needed.

I view a person's dead body, and their grave, as something sacred and something that shouldn't be messed with. But that doesn't stop me from seeing how the basic idea here - removing old graves to make room for new ones - makes sense. I would never want to be the person that had to make a decision like this, or the person that had to exhume the old graves, though. I guess that reading about the overcrowding of the Manila North Cemetery in Manila, Philippines, has made me reexamine my view on space and how it is used.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Oh and heres something to wrap your mind around to finally put the nail in the thread.

Wikipedia- London - Borough of Tower Hamlets

The main religious groups are Christians (38.6%) and Muslims (36.4%).[28] The Muslim proportion of the borough's population is the largest out of all local authorities in England and Wales.

There are even more Christians than Muslims It won't be an all Muslim Grave-yard

You just used that to spin the Story the way you deemed it fit.

To scape-goat a religion

From Your OP

But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site. Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Actually the desecration is being done in support of the coming one world religion. You will soon have to make a choice between God or Lucifer (disguised as a blended religion).

I will choose the 3rd option...aka, will pass on the choice and wait for science to murder both of them at the alter of logic and reason.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join