It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeNergy

sorry to say, but you just contradicted yourself

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

it is under the UN small arms treaty, i will post a link to it, here it is
www.un.org... there are other sites with in the UN in New YORK not Geneva right idea wrong UN site. here is the site that i have been following that and HRC Obama on the small arms ban, why do you think obama band the M1 Garand www.un.org... here is the reason from the link

6. The trade in small arms is not well regulated and can be considered the least
transparent of all weapons systems. In many countries, because of a lack of
regulation and controls, it is too easy for small arms to fall into the hands of
recipients who use them to commit violations of international humanitarian or
human rights law or divert them to the illicit market through theft, leakage,
corruption or pilferage. The illicit trade in small arms and their ammunition wreaks
we could,in there minds, buy all we want, and then sell all we want, i am getting mine through the CMP if the person i am sponsoring holds up to his end, by showing up and shooting here is the link to the doc in hole daccess-dds-ny.un.org...

edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Boggles my mind how many people defend their rights to guns. Either give one to everyone or take them all away. I prefer the latter. The only purpose of guns, bombs, missiles etc. is to hurt other human beings. I say ban them all! It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. Patiently waiting for the 'defensive' replies to my post.

Yeah because banning them will eliminate them just like banning certain drugs have eliminated them... Oh wait... It never cease to amaze how people can still make idiotic statements like this over and over. Americans value thier right to self defense that is why they will never give thier guns up period! Can't you ^%$#@ see the encroaching police state??? If all the guns were given up there would never be a chance to throw off tyranny..

Yeah guns aren't good for anything oh except for winning and preserving freedom. I wish some of you fools would study some history! Every time some government has managed to ban and register guns some form of tyranny and slaughter has followed:

Anti Self-Defense (gun control) & The Mass Extermination Of Peoples

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '1, '2, '3.

1.5 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '4.

13 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. '5.

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '6

100 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '7.

300 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '8, '9.

1 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated." '10.

56 million total, exterminated for lack of self-defense.Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

The next time someone talks in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control), ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and EXTERMINATE?" Please pause and reflect on the MASSIVE AMOUNT of lives lost because the means of self defense were deprived these people. Now you may begin to understand why gun owners are prepared to defend the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" with all our might as our Founding Fathers did! This is not idle talk, references are provided. The media is not giving facts, next time they quote statistics supposedly in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control) Ask for references, you will be astonished at the lack there of, and half truths used to support their "Anti Self-Defense" agenda. guerrilla.50megs.com...

yeah no one needs guns oh except the 6 million Jews and dissidents Hitler exterminated could have sure used some guns... I am so sick of the ignorant idiotic myth that banning self defense would somehow make the world a safer place from the tyrants who would oppress all humankind. Yea keep thinking that because it is those tyrants who have fed you that bullship!

edit on 1-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I think the Russians won it. Dont piss off Stalin lol. He sent wave after wave after wave. Something none of us in the west could do.

Yea America played its part, but only when they took a disliking to the Japs.

Hitler could never have taken England, he had no navy to match ours.

It was joint effort between everyone, but could not have been accomplished with out the sheer numbers of the Russians.

ahh russia got their a## handed to them and stalin demanded the allies invade sicily or he would join the axis(he implied peace with germany would be more correct] in either case without the invasion of sicily and later france( forcing germany to fight one too many fronts) russia would probably be speaking german. all the allies helped but to claim russia won the war why did we americans have to send supplies to russia and not the other way around? btw alot of americans died invading italy. italy bordered france and germany(at the time) why invade d day style in france when you own italy? because of the alps why italy was not worth invading as germany was forced to waste some troops defending it and you couldnt use it to invade france and germany. the americans who died did so as a concession to keep stalin in the war on the allies side

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
what is the real reason behind win rem and others having numbers on the rounds sit down for this one from the link i put up earlier

Tracing ammunition
21. Because ammunition does not usually have unique markings, cartridges are
more difficult to trace than small arms. Most often, small arms ammunition bears a
headstamp with a factory and production year code. The serial number of the lot or
batch which may include thousands of cartridges, is typically marked on the
packaging of that lot or batch. When the serial number is available because the
packaging has been found, it may still be difficult to ascertain a point of diversion.
Ammunition from the same, identically marked lot may have reached multiple
customers, which hinders the identification of a single point of diversion.
so for you that buy 10,000 case lots you better be selling them just so there is now bickering on the what link here it is daccess-dds-ny.un.org...
edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

the above is from a email that was sent to me i have found no web source

Perhaps this is a sign that you shouldn't even post it in the first place since it has no credible source and just remains as more fear mongering for the gun loving folks to get them rowdy up and go out and buy more guns.

Fear in the gun industry = boost in sales.

That's what its all about. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
as the op of this, I would like you all to refrain from putting each other down slapping words in one face yes i did it my self, not as an insult though it could be taken as such, because they have different views or live out side the US and for them that Live out side the US, have no idea what the Right to own a firearm means to us, keep it on the small arms, the 2nd Amendment does not give us the right to have a nuke a bomber or a tank unless it is of vintage age, no longer in use/ service or could be used as such some of us, (not saying any one on here) would like too have them full functional. thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

oh no you don't this is not about gun sales this is about the right to have own keep ones own firearm , if you have looked more closely at the opening post, i did put up the link where the email came from, just not the email letter it self, it is for members only and i am one, and i am not posting my email on here. here is where the email came from and the reason for the thread www.nationalgunrights.org... and now the letter is up www.nationalgunrights.org... from the link

Will this be the summer you and I hammer the final nail in the coffin of the UN Small Arms Treaty?

My staff and I have come up with a plan that could do just that — and we’ll need your help to make it happen.

You see, in order to defeat this treaty, you and I need to round up just 34 “no” votes in the U.S. Senate.

That’s why I’ve drafted up the Official American Firearm Sovereignty Pledge to put pro-gun senators publicly on record opposing the UN Small Arms Treaty.
so what say ye now, are you for the ban? or are you for the UN control ? and be willing to have an other Hitler come among you? are you willing to give up your right to hunt shoot with the rifle pistol of your choosing or be willing to settle for what the UN and H.R.C.,the SecOS, or Obama say you can?

edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by bekod because: added link, text info

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

No, this is about fear mongering and gun sales. That's what the majority of "they gunna take yer guuuuns" scare tactics are used for. No one's going to take your weapons that you don't need. So please, relax and stop worrying. Or hell, do them all a favor and buy a gun.

It's all clever advertising, my friend.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So the UN is worth a crap after all. The US population's obsession with owning firearms is nothing short of a disgusting OCD complex, a microcosm for the general aggressiveness of its government within the global community. 30,000 US deaths a year by bullets. The second-leading cause of deaths in America after car crashes. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than a new set of laws that would vastly-restrict gun ownership throughout the US population, in line with the rest of the civilised world. But then of course that would go against your "Right to bear arms", which is a really fun part of the constitution, isn't it? Forget all your other civil liberties that are being blatantly eroded, as long as you've got Messrs Smith & Wesson on your side, you're happy, right?

Yee-haw!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
Never going to happen. Second sentence, same as the first. Take a breath, relax, think how utterly impossible such a act would be to enact in the US, short of martial law.

I do not understand how people can be so sure that this could NEVER happen.

If 10 years ago someone were to tell you that there would be security at the airport groping people in order to fly some place else, you would have told me it was nonsense. It couldn't happen here. Yet now it does.

If 10 years ago I were to tell you that the Patriot Act would be used against Americans and not Terrorist, you would have told me that was nonsense, it could not happen in America. Yet now it does.

If 10 years ago I were to tell you that the Government would be spying on Americans, reading e-mails, text messages and listening to phone calls, not of Terrorist but of the American People. You would have told me that was nonsense, it can't happen in America. Yet now it does.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
After going to the range and popping off 100-9mm rounds today at a Nazi/Zombie target... I was driving home and thought how nice it is to have our second amendment rights. Without them, we would be helpless against an otherwise corrupt government. If anyone tries to screw with that right.. and SOMEHOW succeeds, this country, will then be under a police state! Do not let that happen! It's up to you! Support the NRA and other groups that maintain your second amendment rights! Peace!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Wow. im with illusions are grander on this one. i would much rather fight to the death then live the way you English do (:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by bekod

I agree. We need to pull back and protect our own and let them fall where they may. Our country gave thousands of lives so Europe could be free. now we get sh*t on by the ones we saved. Let them fall, and we shall remain FREE!!!
Did you really write that? Or did your brain just fart? I mean c'mon, really?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I guess the U.N. can have all the plans it wants. Congress, if it's really ignorant enough to actually ratify that treaty, is on it's own as well. This government no longer even remotely represents me, or any of the People. They are self-serving, and serving the whims of their owners and masters. I simply refuse to honor any agreements, treaties, or anything else these people may commit themselves to. They do not speak for me. Really not worth staying awake at night for these kinds of issues anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How can we be so sure it will never happen? Easily. When they come for your guns, make sure they severely regret their rash decision. The end with the hole, is where the bullet comes out. Make sure you point it at them when you squeeze the trigger. Really, it's a no brainer as to how we can be sure. It WILL happen, if you simply, and limply comply. But, we're Americans, not Brits or Aussies.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
After going to the range and popping off 100-9mm rounds today at a Nazi/Zombie target... I was driving home and thought how nice it is to have our second amendment rights.
THIS is the problem. If truth be told, the Right To Bear Arms has become only partly about defence. It's mostly about fun with a gun.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

what wrong with someone having a gun for fun? who the hell are you to say otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

THIS is the problem. If truth be told, the Right To Bear Arms has become only partly about defence. It's mostly about fun with a gun.

YOU ARE WRONG.

This was a brand new weapon that I purchased and wanted to make sure it worked properly. Well, for your info... it DOESN'T. I had to send it back to Ruger today. Now.... that malfunction could have cost me my life if I had to really use it. And.... I have to ask you oh brilliant one, what is wrong with going to the range to make sure you're on your game? I am ex-military and I can tell you that it's not good to be rusty if you find yourself in a situation where you have to DEFEND yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Never mind... this one is a waste of time. I can tell how you spelled "Defence"... you're from across the pond. No offense, I've been there many times and I love Europe, but we have something called FREEDOM here and we will not let anyone take it from us.

Good Day

Happy 4th of July weekend America!!! Let's celebrate our freedom (responsibly) and our right to bear arms!!!

edit on 1-7-2011 by my3911 because: No Comment

edit on 1-7-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join