It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
wow i had no idea this would be such a fire storm , here is some more BS from our elected officials, this is mayor Bloomberg of NY www.nraila.org... from the link

New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, appeared on MSNBC and CNN, promoting his new TV ad urging that Congress impose so-called "terrorist watchlist" gun control legislation. The ad features an edited portion of the well-known video of a scraggly-looking al Qaeda misfit claiming -- falsely -- that jihadists can buy machine guns at gun shows in the United States, without a background check.
i would like to know what show this was for all i have been to you must have a FLL license that is in the same state or the dealer FLL to own full autos now the nut job could have seen a AK and think it is full auto for over seas it is.BTW, and i am for the watch list but not as it is written, and the one i am for, would not pass, so why have it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

you do not have one do you? or you do and got it before the permit back ground check right? why should i pay when i have had one most of my life. yes it is a tax that is all it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

That's the plan, make people afraid of guns, and slowly take them away, just like all our other rights ....

edit on 2-7-2011 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

so your for more tax /gov, that is ok for you not for me. nor am i fro a foreign entity (UN) telling me what i can and can not have own or buy.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

you did not read the links did you? well then i ash that you go read them post a copy of the text that you read then say that you do not believe it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

if the US signs the treaty it will and that is an other thread in the works, it is all about control, the Constitution, and one freedom. Just not small arms

edit on 2-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

say good by to your freedom! Ever seen the UN vehicles on the rails cars? I have and what do you think they are in the US for, new paint jobs?.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

New paint jobs might just be what they get.........

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

say good by to your freedom! Ever seen the UN vehicles on the rails cars? I have and what do you think they are in the US for, new paint jobs?.

ever see rail cars with un vehicles off the trax in twisted piles of metal

just wait, you will

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
if i have not replied to all of you it is 1 i already have 2 you said what needing saying with out a second thought 3 you post is not worth replying to for it might be off topic, or to long to read all the way through but i get the point, 4 some one all ready posted a better response 5 not worth posting a reply to for nothing in the post is topic related, trolling or your stated your done with this thread.
now back to the UN ban as i posted earlier no gun show dealer/ seller will sell you a full auto weapon the ones in the parking lot well you could be buying a stolen weapon yes seen it first hand, not your average day at the show box of ammo went off due to heat, this person had servile stolen weapons/ goods in his possession sold it to an FBI agent of all things no this did not make the news, should have the nut was selling a stolen M60 from the Mil with ammo. What is the point?; The point is you can have all the laws you want but to "bad guy" it means nothing so unless, you ,the UN are willing to ban all guns: Civ, police, and mil as well as big weapons tanks, bombers, and nukes, (you all remember the nut the stole the tank in Ca?) Keep your thoughts of taking mine, to your self ,and keep dreaming that you will have mine. For when ALL GunS/ WeaponS are BanneD, and no longer needed, is when you can have mine.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I fired off 40 rounds and everyone of them did the same thing. I sent two empty cartridges to Ruger so they could check if it is an ammo related issue as well. They were full metal jacket 9mm Luger, which is decent ammo. Thanks for the suggestion though!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sorry guys was guilty of posting drunk last night

Asif you only get 4 hours to edit your posts

Well despite American and English differences, I hope the American people can pull together and get what they want out of a government.

The guy who just explained the flaws in the 2 sided system has just made me re-evaluate my stance.

Both partys sound like the got serious flaws, but what are you supposed to do?

I dunno....Keep your guns, take over the gov and replace it with a better one...in an ideal world lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You're all right, Sinny, I never felt like your America bashing was coming from the heart and you're obviously intelligent. I'd sit and share a pint with you any time.

Key thing for all of us is to keep an open mind and make our own decisions, form our own opinions based on our own moral code. It's hard to live as we do, you, I, everyone else, within societies so bent on controlling our thoughts, our actions, our lives...American, British, and beyond, at the basest level, we're all cut from the same cloth.

The problem is our "leaders" are in cahoots, and their plans may not be in our best interests, but I firmly believe that "the people" that is us, our neighbors, our fellow man, are essentially GOOD people. We'll help pick each other back up when and if it gets to that, because that's what good people do.

Ignore the hotheads screaming "from my cold, dead hands", they're one end of the spectrum. Ignore the progressives screaming "guns are sooo scary and bad, and only used for killing humans, we must ban them", they are the other end of the spectrum. You're average basic American gun owner is what you'd all think of as a "good guy". A "give-you-the-shirt-off-of-their-back" kind of guy (or girl, just sticking with the cliche'), who happens to enjoy shooting. I know, because I've lived among these people my entire life.

People who haven't "gone shooting", have no idea how fun it actually is. It takes a steady hand and a certain degree of skill to accomplish even a mediocre shot, plus it's one of the top two stress relieving activities that I'm currently aware of, and believe me when I say I'm THE KUNG FOO MASTAH of stress relieving activities

We're not Dirty Harry, packin' heat, lookin' for a shootout or anything even remotely like that, yet in every stinking one of these "gun threads" the anti-gun people characterize us exactly that way. That's a mighty broad brush there, and none of us like being painted thusly, right? Remember what they say about pointing fingers, everybody.

(to TPTB) Don't take our guns, there's no point in that and it won't make anything better. In fact, if you truly look into it, you'll find that it will indeed make things much worse. You'd be shooting yourselves in the foot. BAWWW HA HA HA!!! Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

And Sinny, if you ever find yourself in the southern New England region, PM me, and I and my wonderful family will treat you to a Basque Chorizo barbecue, and we'll take you shooting, if you're interested.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR.

No NWO, Alien Species, Standing Army or Dictator would survive its onslaught; Two Hundred years of freedom of gun ownership will protect us for another two hundred years, If you want to be a part buy a gun. Teach you children to use one safely and pass it on.

You said the key to responsible gun ownership. Teach them to respect the weapon, teach them how to use the weapon (when they are old enough to understand of course), and our children will not grab a loaded gun when they see it, they already know it's dangerous, but they respect it. I do a lot of hunting, and I am starting to get my son into it, who is ten years old. He knows that if he sees a gun in the house somewhere, he will either notify his mom or myself. If you teach them when they're young, it's not a big deal to them when they see one in the house, and most important of all, the curiousity is not there anymore, because he has been taught.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

30,000 US deaths a year by bullets. The second-leading cause of deaths in America after car crashes.

Complete and utter bullship! Prove it! Death by firearms in America are negligible compared to most other reasons for death. And most of them are suicides and gangs killing each other. Get some facts instead of repeating the same tired old anti-gun lies!

www.soyouwanna.com...

www.anesi.com...

Stats: gunsafe.org...

states:

Accidental, suicide, and homicide deaths by firearm

Total accidental deaths per year (all causes), U.S....96,000

Motor vehicle accidental deaths per year...43,000

Fatal firearms accidents per year...1,100

(The firearms accidents figure is an all-time low, even though the U.S. population is at an all-time high, and gun ownership is at an all-time high.)

Fatal firearms accidents age 0-5...17

Fatal firearms accidents age 5-14...121

Fatal firearms accidents age 15-24...401

Fraction of all Emergency Room visits that involve firearms accidents...0.2%

[Centers for Disease Control, all figures]

Accidents of all kinds (not just firearms) constitute the fifth leading cause of death in the United States, but the other four leading causes combined account for 16 times as many deaths as accidents. Accidents constitute a relatively small but easily prevented cause of death.

Suicides by firearm, per year...18.000

Murders by firearm, per year...14,000

[Centers for Disease Control, both figures]

Researchers have studied the figures on firearms ownership, firearms accidents, suicides, and murders, during the period from 1959 to the present. Purpose: To find out whether accidents, suicides, or murders by firearm increase or decrease as the supply of firearms increases or decreases. Result: The rates of accidents and murders by firearms do not show any relationship to the number of guns owned by civilians. The gun supply has increased and decreased without affecting the accident or murder rates. Suicides by firearms have increased when more guns have been available, but the total suicide rate hasn’t changed; when guns are less available, people find other ways to commit suicide.

Doctors are far more dangerous then guns!

Ban Doctors!

"the total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States."

edit on 2-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
just wanted to say happy fourth may it be safe, and may you have fun, For you overs seas, or out side the US, may you have a good day , i will be back at some time going out now, thank you for the posting and replies. May your powder be dry, you top notch true, so may you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by tmac420

So.....AMERICA is scared of its own government?

Yes, yes we are. We even went to war with them once.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Thanks for being so understanding

I'd love to share a pint with you too ahaaa

Yeah, I agree with your post, someone else is pulling all our strings, and I bet shooting a gun aint half fun x

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Bottom line is The USA will pass such a ban because you are all gun crazy (genralization don't take it personally) the country was founded on the right to bare arms and these days even your soccer mums probably own a gun for whatever reason!
I agree we here in Australia dont have border issues like the USA with Mexico but to say we need guns to stop illegals is insane!
I also agree that guns dont kill people, people do! But without the ease of being able to get a gun less people would kill people so the argument goes hand in hand!
It's an American tradition to own a gun always has been since Christopher Columbus first landed and no matter what the UN says the American people will never change.

Again im talkin in generalizations so please dont think i think all Americans are gun crazy it's just well known and world wide fact that you are

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Agreed. The "guns don't kill people" argument does have a lot of merit.

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join