It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree. We need to pull back and protect our own and let them fall where they may. Our country gave thousands of lives so Europe could be free. now we get sh*t on by the ones we saved. Let them fall, and we shall remain FREE!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Boggles my mind how many people defend their rights to guns. Either give one to everyone or take them all away. I prefer the latter. The only purpose of guns, bombs, missiles etc. is to hurt other human beings. I say ban them all! It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. Patiently waiting for the 'defensive' replies to my post.

Because guns are FUN. They are exciting and brilliant engineering, and they make things far away go Ker-PLOW and fall down. For 90% of gun owners, it's just another object they purchased because they could, and they had the money to do so.

If the only purpose you can see for guns is to hurt other people then I am definitely glad you don't have one. And I would hope you seek some professional counseling for your violent attitude towards other people.

I own many guns and not a single one of them has ever been pointed at a person, or even an animal at this point.
The last time I went hunting I ended taking more photos than shooting at anything with my gun.

I do however LOVE murdering aluminum cans filled with ice, frozen water bottles, pie tins, bowling pins and watermelons, golf balls, and soft paving bricks. They KERSPLODE when you shoot them. And it's fun.

It's my money, my time, and my hobby. Leave me alone. Or I may become inclined to start picking apart your life and deciding that some of the hobbies you enjoy are bad bad bad and should be banned and ridiculed.
Fair is fair my friend.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

and now the UN wants to ban them from the civilian use. Why so they can be the invaders this time around. Of who? Any one that can not defend them selves. NWO/ one world gov, any one for this? (just asking) for the UN ban on small arms is just one part of the big picture; Let not history repeat it self, like Hitler, Stalin, and Napoleon. They failed then, we the people need to keep them from succeeding this time around in our Nation. Tell your sen / cong, rep they need to say NO on the UN small arms ban that they stand by the Second Amendment. For if we do not say we are not for this, UN ban, as we the people, then there will be no freedoms left! ; one by one they will take them away.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Exactly what has the United States ever did to the world that was so bad? We are called inperalistic even though we are the exact opposite. What nation have we ever taken over? Canada, Mexico, England? Maybe it was after WW2 when we put a gun to Japan's head (after rebuilding them) and forced them to destroy our auto industry; right? Maybe it was after winning a war with mexico, and paying them for the land we had won, all the while letting them remain a nation. Could it be when we won the "cold war" by defeating U.S.S.R. which liberated not only East Germnay, but the entire Soviet black from the tyranny of communism. Even worse is the billions of foreign aid we give less fortunate nations expecting nothing in return. We are the exact opposite of an empire unlike your nation England. A nation who actively tried to build an actual empire in the not so distant past.

So what if we have bases throughout the world; the host nation can tell us to leave at any time. However, that isn't happening, we are wanted in these places. These soverign nations are protected due to no other reason other then the military bases being there. They want us due to the boost in the economy locally by our troops spending money. Again I say, we will leave any time they want us to.

This makes me wonder after lookin at facts, why you put these blatent lies forward about the United States. It is either you are parroting some communist despot, or 3rd world dictator who knows we will not let them rule with an iron fist. Or it could be that you are only trying to be trendy, as most like minded people of a marxist ideaology try to do thinking it makes you look intelligent (which it doesn't) or finally fit in with a group. Historical facts paint a differnt picture than the one my countries enemys like to spout off about, We have been a guiding force of good in the world and will continue to do so reguardless of what any #-hole country tries to spin our past endeavors into.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

OMG your a commie??? sarcasm!!!
yes this is the feeling, the words spoken are true, thanks for the video but as you can hear, this is what is happening today, this is how the could war is being fought from with in and now one knows who the face threat is until it is to late gold ban, small arms ban, forced health care, slave wages, slave hours,er (peasant that is ) dollar in collapse,
CEO that have big buck retirement pay Tax the poor, tax break the rich have to classes of society, the have and the have not's make them turn on each other and then you have civil unrest.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh how I HATE how easily I get sucked into these gun/no gun threads, but I have one final thing to point out:

Nobody gets all riled up about bows and arrows.

Why is that? Wasn't their original purpose the same as any gun, i.e. to poke a hole in something at a distance? Isn't it essentially the same thing, a primitive method of accelerating a projectile to a velocity sufficient to poke a hole in something farther away than our immediate reach?

Instead of hot gasses pushing a bullet through a barrel, you have leaf springs and a taut string pushing an arrow which is just as capable of poking said hole as the bullet, no?

We must ask ourselves then why all the ruckus over guns? Has someone(s) with an agenda(s) divided us on the topic of guns when we weren't paying attention?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make you drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat. (that's not mine, I liked it so I stole it)

Please try harder to think for yourselves and think about why TPTB want us infighting over such silliness as whether or not it's "normal" to own a device capable of poking a hole in something.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Thanks, I tried pointing that out in an earlier post, that while here debating guns and wars we are missing the bigger picture...

it fell on deaf ears

edit on 1-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Do you think it is fair to take away an elderly person's right to self defense and force him or her to defend against a thuggish intruder armed with a large knife against their flimsy steak knife or screwdriver? The problem is not guns but crime and taking away guns does not make crime diminish but rather has the opposite effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I can think for myself and can make my own decisions.
I have decided that I want to carry a firearm and I will
defend my right to carry it.There are some that try and
force what they want against what I want.Rights that are
written in the U.S. Constitution as the 2nd ammendment.

I will get off my soapbox when "THEY" get off theirs.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Ahh,yes the John Birch Society...
Now,you make me wish this website
still had the ignore feature.
edit on 1-7-2011 by mamabeth because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"I would rather have a gun and not need it, then to not have a gun and need it"

Great words, the only way to protect yourself is by leveling the field. To those who think guns should be banned, I hope you never go outside your place of residence because there are bad people out there and im sure alot of them have guns in any country. An armed country is a safe country.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

yep, hunting, sport shooting... none of these exist. let's ban knives too!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by tmac420

So.....AMERICA is scared of its own government? (that comments for illusionsaregrander)

Not good is all Im saying...we Brits dont fear ours
I trust my armed forces to protect me in a proffesional manner.

Other than that guns promote destruction...and why would anyone wanna do that?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

You really are a moron if you trust the fools in charge of the UK.
They'd round you up and sell you off to the highest bidder if it was in the ptb's interests.

I'm from the UK and can't wait to see the back of the wretched place

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I have hunted high and low for any report that lists any new gun control mesures and cants find one...
Here's the site where it would be listed

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Like it or not, sooner or later they are gonna take the guns out of the hands of americans.
This is a done deal.
The only thing between them and yer weapons is time....time you dont have and time they do.....theyll make yer kids sissys then first wait till you die and just drive around picking them up from the pathetic remnants of a once proud people..
Its been done before andd itll be accomplished here in amerika sooner than later. if the agenda goes on schedule.
mark my warning.

Yep, and mark mine that it's an action like that that will kickstart a 2nd American Revolution.
The 1st one got started over the exact same thing, and that was arms control of the militia (which basically said **** off).
The Vally Forge prediction seem's to be a lot clearer...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

I agree with you there. It will be a civil war in the making. Fema camps and martial law would be the guaranteed outcome. But then again, As much as we are awaking to the loss of liberties and what we have come to know as American freedom, Americans just might roll over yet again if we don't fully awaken quick enough.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Boggles my mind how many people defend their rights to guns. Either give one to everyone or take them all away. I prefer the latter. The only purpose of guns, bombs, missiles etc. is to hurt other human beings. I say ban them all! It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. Patiently waiting for the 'defensive' replies to my post.

Well, Ideologically -- in a perfect world... you'd be right, however -- we don't live in that perfect world.

What happens when you ban all guns from civilians but allow the police/military/fbi/cia/atf/homelandsec/etc....

What happens if you are attacked on home soil by insurgents of another country? You sit back and idley get slaughtered because your nation has no way to fight back?

What about career criminals that operate outside the law and get black market firearms? Then it's armed criminals vs unarmed victims. That's gonna end real well, just take a look at the UK. Crime rates have GONE UP since they surrendered their weapons. There is no fear of getting shot while robbing a store etc...

Not only that, but... do you propose you cannot kill people with knives and swords and things of that nature? Should we all go to ninjitsu school to learn how to defend outselves with make shift weapons? I mean really WTF do you do?

Get real.

Gun rights don't exist for no reason. I think you should read some history and understand exactly why we had the right to begin with.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Exactly, I read somewhere that a lot people outside of the US think most Americans have guns XD

edit on 1-7-2011 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Can you get any more sanctimonious or asinine, or are you really applying yourself here to the limit?

This THREAD is about guns. No likey, no posty, but don't try to hijack it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by tmac420

So.....AMERICA is scared of its own government? (that comments for illusionsaregrander)

Not good is all Im saying...we Brits dont fear ours
I trust my armed forces to protect me in a proffesional manner.

Other than that guns promote destruction...and why would anyone wanna do that?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

HAHA i laugh at your ignorance.. we are not afraid of our government, we are afraid of the nwo thats for sure and we will do anything at all to stop it. im tired of these Britain F@Gs thinking they are are better then everyone else.. we would destroy you in a war! our military is 3x better then yours, so im pretty sure its safe to say we trust our armed forces more then you could trust yours..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join