It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Designates Israel as Country That Tends ‘To Promote, Produce, or Protect’ Terrorists; Also

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

In an implicit admission that Israel is so threatened by terrorism that it is not only surrounded by countries and territories that produce terrorists but also unwillingly harbors terrorists within its own territory in a way that most other nations in the world do not, the Obama administration is currently listing Israel among 36 “specially designated countries” it believes “have shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.”

www.cnsnews.com...

This is interesting news, I wonder how long it'll take before Israel "corrects" Obama on who is a terrorist or not. Not saying it will hold, but if so this may be the only reason I actually like Obama.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
About time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it should be a no-brainer!

How many people on various Watch/Wanted/Extradition/War-Crimes lists have fled to Israel. They harbor terrorists, plain and simple

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is what folks at ATS have been saying for the past decade. Just took 10 years for anything to happen. Will be another 10-20 years till the US invades Israel now.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wow! Thats a bold public statement. Eagerly awaiting Netanayhu's response to this...
I can't imagine that we would attack Israel, but I do believe this is a strategic move to keep Ben and Israel in check. From what I recall Obama was not happy with Netanayhu's speech in congress a couple months back.
S&F!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is what folks at ATS have been saying for the past decade. Just took 10 years for anything to happen. Will be another 10-20 years till the US invades Israel now.

Probably longer than that. While Israel is designated a country that has a security risk they aren't exactly blaming Israel for 9/11.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Certainly Israel is a terrorist state. There's no question in my mind.
I just think it's really curious that the US is turning against Israel after
supporting her for so long. What is up with that? And whats even
more curious is the US, the ultimate terrorist state is now pointing the
finger at Israel. Something freaky is going on here...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe the US knows that the antichrsit will be the leader of Israel and is preparing to to do something about it. Who knows. Maybe Obama is just pissed at Israel not going back to 1967 borders lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was going to add more to this thread but decided to check your source for the OP's article.
I checked CNN, Google, Yahoo and nothing - nada. The only "hit" was some political blog similar to the one in the OP which wrote this story.

I fully agree with the pretext though - I DO think they are a terrorist state but it's like the pot calling the kettle black. We're (fed/gov) no angels either.

One interesting note however: if Israel did get truly recognized as a terrorist state, what would that do to our financial support of them? We give them billions a year in aid. If we have a strict no-terrorist-nation-support policy, would that relationship be strained? If we're on a War On Terror (tm) does that mean we'd have to invade ourselves? Lol. I better watch out. There's lot's of oil down here in TX

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is a direct link to the Middle East chapter of the report (I believe the newest report is from 2009):
www.state.gov...

In this report Israel is not called for state-sponsored terrorism, warcrimes and covert operations (Chapter 3). Israel is assessed as a threat, because radicalized Palestinians and fundamentalistic settlers like Yaacov “Jack” Teitel plan and conduct terror attacks within Israels borders or use Israel as a staging ground for attacks elsewhere.

So I believe a negative reaction from AIPAC or Israel in unlikely. This report mirrors what the Likudniks say themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I see people here are in a hurry to jump the bandwagon. No need to read any further, after all, the op said Israel is a terrorist sate and that should be enough.

Excerpts:

“The U.S. does not and never has considered Israel to have links to terrorism, but rather they are a partner in our efforts to combat global terrorism,” Christensen said in a written statement. “Countries may have been included on the list because of the backgrounds of arrestees, not because of the country’s government itself.”

“ICE declined to say who put Israel on the list or when Israel was put there. However, in her written statement, ICE spokeswoman Christensen said the “specially designated country” list had been created "at least" seven years ago”

“The State Department currently lists only four countries as “state sponsors of terrorism,” meaning they “have repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism.” These state sponsors of terror are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and Cuba.”

how about this example for a reason?
www.globaljihad.net...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Maybe the US knows that the antichrsit will be the leader of Israel and is preparing to to do something about it. Who knows. Maybe Obama is just pissed at Israel not going back to 1967 borders lol.

Very true (regarding the 1967 boarders and god forbid the anti-christ lol), it is unnerving to think that we are potentially throwing around our weight with one of our last Middle East allies in a time when we are already spread thin. Then again, when has that stopped us in the past? We will pull from one area (Afghanistan) to deploy in another.... Don't think this is the right move though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I see people here are in a hurry to jump the bandwagon. No need to read any further, after all, the op said Israel is a terrorist sate and that should be enough.

My opinion regarding Israel DID NOT come from the OP. I hate to disappoint but I had
that opinion prior to reading the OP's post.

top topics

join