It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Factories (Prisons in US)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Prison planet indeed..... Humanity is a sick and mentally diseased creature, and the more you come to know humanity the more you would be of the opinion that this planet would be better of without humans, or at least a great majority of them.

But the whole thing is rotten, and now a days the whole for profit prison is growing even more so then in the past, # if you are rich and wealthy a good way to become richer is invest in a prison, because its a self propelled cycle that perpetrates itself, as in it is not there to help or reform. Make no mistake about it, this is all by design and plan.

As for rape in prison, I cant speak from experience since I avoid the whole thing, and never been in any prison or jail. I especially avoid these so called good and just people that perpetrate this system like the plague, because it is a plague, and there anything but good or just.

But ya the whole rape in prison is a big duhh, you would happen to be stupid to not know what would happen when you put a bunch of people in a crowded building with a dagger hanging over everything they do or don't do.

And now that everything is a crime in society, well they no doubt got lots of "customers" in these prisons both the real criminals and the ones who just were on the wrong side of some idiotic law, or just happened to commit one of the most heinous and biggest crimes out there....the crime of being poor, because this system is set up that if you have the means and money then you can get the get out of jail free card.

So what do I think about prison? I think it should be only for real criminals no matter who or were they stand on the pyramid of society, and I think it would be best if you just put them all on a island and let them live or die by there own vocation, with no chance of leaving the island. And for those who perpetrate this whole rotten system or the real mentally disturbed criminally unsane, my verdict would be Death, as in the end it would be more clean and merciful.

The whole crowding a bunch of people into a building because we think it will change them, is a crappy unsane idea. You cant even put 6 normal people who never did anything wrong in there lives or even thought of doing any criminal activity it into a room without something happening eventually...So what makes people think that penning up criminals like animals would do anything but perpetrate and escalate there problems, and the whole mess.

And for those who think there country is better or this does not go on.....Maybe not on this level, but you can bet that it does, and they are just more practiced at not looking to close at it. Never underestimate the power of illusions or the mediums of creating illusions such as the media, if you cant see past them and trough them they can make any hellhole seem like paradise, when in reality its a shinthole.

And remember, that does not only power corrupt, but the corrupt are attracted to power. So don't be surprised when those on the outside making the rules, are as twisted or even more twisted and corrupt then those on the inside.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I personally see no reason to keep hardened criminals alive indefinitely on our dime it is both cruel for them (which some might consider fitting) and costly for the taxpayers. I say in this case I'd rather lean towards the more fiscally responsible.

I agree that the most violent criminals are a huge financial burden on the prison system. Serving a life sentence or a double life sentence, there is no difference. We keep on building prisons to house these violent criminals and all it's doing is costing U.S. taxpayers to keep them locked up.

I can understand victims families want the killer to suffer in prison, but I think most of them just adjust to being incarcerated. Why should these criminals live when they took the life of their victim?

It's kind of ridiculous when you think about our government cutting educational funding, and other programs that benefit society. Yet they continue to throw money into the prison system for the benefit of hard core criminals.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I stand corrected, you're right. I meant to say state prisons not federal prisons. Federal prisons are considered a walk in the park compared to state prisons. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Good post Galadofwarthethird, agree with it 100%.
Exactly my view on the whole situation.

Cheers
edit on 30-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

I second that.

At least I gave him a star.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

I think he meant it's not in your control because recently cops have been making front page everyday for a while.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Have you heard about the guy who got raped and then told the rapist he was hiv+ (the truth)? The word spread pretty quickly. Maybe if there were more reports of things like that, they might think twice. Talk about justice.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Does anyone remember the govenor in Texas who was trying to fight and eliminate prison rape? There was such a resistance from the system and a conspiracy that the govenor was arrested for some b.s. charge. They put him in a holding tank with over 30 guys, and then the guards instigated those other inmates into raping the govenor. He says he was raped by over 20 guys in the little time he spent there.

I can't remember the guys name, a google should help someone find him though.

I don't believe it!
That's like something out of a hollywood jail movie!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Prison industrial complex

A report has been released chronicling the political strategies of private prison companies "working to make money through harsh policies and longer sentences." Government spending on corrections has soared since 1997 by 72 percent, costing up to $74 billion in 2007. All the while, the private prison industry has packed in tremendous profits.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I happened to meet someone who did time in San Quentin prison....he was a drug runner over the Mexican border...he did his time and never went back...he had a spiritual awakening and turned his life around. We became friends. One day we went grocery shopping together...I asked him to bottom line it and tell me what really went on in prisons. One of the things he told me about is prison rape...it was and is really awful. If he hadn't been a big man physically; knew how to fight and knew who align himself with; it would have happened to him.

I know that the majority of men in prison are there because they broke the law...and I also know that some are in prison because they were mistaken for someone else...(they are innocent) but regardless of the reasons they are incarcerated I believe they do not deserve to be raped. Yes...I know some are the scum of the earth...but prison is a temporary punishment...their eternal punishment is still waiting for them and prison will look like easy street compared to their eternal punishment...when heaven gets angry ....look out!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

What race was your friend, because if he did time at the San and wasn't Mexican or Black...

I know in some places it don't matter how notorious you were on the street or who you know, you'll get some of that "homeboy" lovin. It actually serves a purpose...how else are you gonna smuggle your contraband if you don't have a "suitcase"? LOL!

Where you go to jail at (geographically) also seems to play a part. If you go to prison or even jail in California, unless you are a monster it's curtains for you. Heck, even if you are a monster, you haven't met a monster until you've come across one of them dudes who've been in prison since they were 16 and are now 36. They be in better shape than football players. I was amazed at how built some of the younger guys I was housed with were, but they had been in jail/prison since they were 15 and such.

Some prisons are notorious for having booty bandits.

Oh, lemme tell some of you something else. Prison rape is mostly psychological attack. Say it did happen to you...well are you going to break down and become a punk? Or are you going to retaliate severely and retain your manhood? Just because someone (really ONE person should never be able to rape you) or a gang over powered you and commit the act doesn't mean you have to automatically hang your head and give up on life. You'll be surprised at how many of the top dawgs were victimized when they first arrived in prison.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
segregate the population and see which color rapes more....JW

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
segregate the population and see which color rapes more....JW

I wonder which will...which race has the most homosexuals...hmmm....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Well my gosh...how did this turn into a race issue...how about age?

Maybe age has a bit to do with it too...I'm just saying...

I have been in enough prisons that no matter what color you were you didn't belong anywhere...you were not white, asian, black, hispanic, native, mixed, or any other variations you might come up with.

Stay in your car...what car...I don't even have one on this yard...where are my people?

Thats a bit of hard time!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Actually those stats are easy to look up......by why turn it into another racist thread? The whole thing is disgusting, and if you guys want to really go there, it certainly does explain teh White Power movement in prison and black on white attacks far out number any others.......black racists biggest members are in prison taking advantage of whites every day.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Rape isnt done by the homos...its done by thugs to create fear...NOW ehich race will do the most?hmmmmm?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Actually those stats are easy to look up......by why turn it into another racist thread? The whole thing is disgusting, and if you guys want to really go there, it certainly does explain teh White Power movement in prison and black on white attacks far out number any others.......black racists biggest members are in prison taking advantage of whites every day.

I agree...why turn it into a racist thread? For personal reasons though I would like to look up the "stats" that you mentioned...could you provide a link to that information?

As far as the "White Power" movement in prison...I think I have some interesting insight into this matter...and I hardly agree that blacks are taking advantage of whites everyday...at least in the form your speaking of...sure there are whites taking advantage of black...black taking advantage of whites...the list is unending...people take advantage of people in prison period.

I don't think an analogy of blacks being more powerful of the cause is correct...and I am disagreeing with that...not the case in my experience!

Like you said though...why turn this into a race issue? We could just agree that without proof...we don't know what race is on the top of the offenders list right?

I am looking forward to your help in finding the "stats" though (for personal investigation only of course) and patiently await your reply!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

"Scacco (1982, p. 91) has also noted a disproportionate number of black aggressors and white victims in studies of sexual assaults in jails and prisons. Even if the minority of prisoners are black, the m~ority of victims are white (Scacco 1982, p. 91). When Lookwood (1980, p. 28), asked 'targets' to identify their aggressors at the time of their rape, most were black (80%), some were Hispanic (14%), and a few were white (6%).

When Jones asked prisoners at the Tennessee State Penitentiary about the races of the aggressors and victims in rape incidents, nearly all whites agreed that the aggressors were black and the victims were white (Bowker 1980, p. 8). However, Bowker (1980, p. 8) did note that most black respondents claimed that both blacks and whites raped whites frequently, and there were occasions when blacks raped blacks.

As discussed, it is unusual for either black or Chicano youngsters to be turned out. The blacks and Mexican-Americans tend to look out for their own and will not turn out one of their own race (Wooden and Parker 1982, p. 106). In the Tennessee Prison study, not one black prisoner was able to recall a single occurrence in which a white prisoner had raped or attempted to rape a black (Bowker 1980, p. 8). Scacco (1982, p. 68) also noted that men in prison will take advantage of opportunities to rape whites, however with a minority - they will most likely abstain.

When some of the black aggressors were questioned as to the reasons for making whites submit to sexual acts, their answers were usually 'now it's their turn'; a statement leading one to believe that there are definite socioracial overtones to the act of sexual victimisation (Scacco 1982, p. 91). Scacco (1975) more frankly speaking, argues that blacks appear to be taking out their frustrations and feelings of exploitation on other inmates in the form of sexual attack and domination, as 'the oppressive characteristics of race relations in the society as a whole penetrate the relationships between whites and blacks inside prisons' (p.5).

The Davis (1968) study also revealed race as a factor in sexual violence in the Philadelphia jails. He found 'a disproportionate number of black aggressors and white victims' upon examination of the 129 documented assaults. Fifty-six per cent of the rapes were black-on-white; only 29% were black-on-black and only 15% were white-on-white (p. 15). There were no recorded incidents involving white aggressors and black victims (Carroll 1977, p. 418).

Although many causation factors have been suggested for prison rape, they are all overshadowed by the racial categories of the victims and the rapists. Prison rape has been shown throughout this study to be racially motivated by predominantly black inmates specifically against white inmates who in turn are the victims. Although more studies need to be conducted to confirm this theory, racial hatred of whites by blacks appears to be the main force driving prison rape. In fact, the US Department of Justice (1991, p. 15) noted that black (57%) and Hispanic (51 %) violent inmates were at least four times more likely than white (11 %) violent inmates to have victimised someone of a different race or ethnic group.

This persistent victimisation of whites over any other ethnic or racial group is why conditions need to be implemented to protect whites from rape or future rapes in prison." "

www.westernrevival.org...

www.justdetention.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Interesting read there...I think it is biased a bit considering that it is not very recent statical information...also it did not mention some important thing that weigh heavy on findings like these....such as Imprisonment by race nation wide....and how such finding can differ considerably depending on geographical location, economical condition, and social function of areas where large numbers of inmates are held.

Other than that though...there is some validity to the studies...thanks for the information and links.

Considering the information you provided and some of my own research...and personal experience in the prison system...I still do not feel comfortable saying that one race is exclusively more responsible than another for crimes on the inside...most especially person on person crimes...such as rape.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Black people rape white people at a MUCH higher rate than vice-versa outside of prison also.

I'm not a racist, it's just a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join