It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Factories (Prisons in US)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

So they stop after they're reading the first page and suddenly they know what my other posts consist of over the next 5 pages?

I read every word you shared in this thread...and I think your point has been well documented...so you can calm down...everyone is aware of how you feel.

Do you have other points you want to share on the issue?

Just curious...I would like to see the thread get back on course...it is about inmate rape...I don't think it is a witch hunt for the most notoriously bad poster...do you think we can carry on now?

Your defense is well documented too...I would just like to get back to the topic...opinions on this issure are important to me.

Thanks...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I find it appalling that potentially being raped is the main reason people don't want to go to prison. They should be concerned about losing their freedom, not concerned about being raped, and possibly obtaining HIV. Our entire system needs reworking, and this story is but the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The love of my life was raped in prison when he was 18 years old (thrown away for holding a bebe gun). Thank god this rape didn't screw him up in the head, as I'm sure it does most people. He understands that the man who did it was no smarter than a monkey, and that he himself was too young and tiny at the time to defend himself. It is what it is, and it's sad, but reality.

Now, the love of my life (same man) is in prison for being a botanist who just happened to fall in love with the 'wrong' plant. I spend at least one day of every weekend waiting in line for 7 hours to have a 1/1.5 hour visit. Why does it take so long to visit? No, not for security reasons, such as screening and background checks... because the idiot CO's are too busy standing around, laughing and joking with one another. The woman who is supposed to be checking to make sure I am who I say I am and let me through the second set of steel doors, is on the phone 90% of the time chit-chatting with her girlfriend about her hair appointment or the stupid 'adorable' thing her little angel did the night before. Hard working and peaceful families come to visit these 'criminals' (more than half in for non-violent drug offenses), and the CO's get off on refusing random people bathroom access, turning away some visitors simply because they feel like it, yelling at people who have the audacity to ask them any questions, etc.

During the visit, the CO's stand around and talk obnoxiously. No one monitors anything, which I'm sure wouldn't matter anyway because I've learned from my man that all of the CO's are corrupt and visitors pay them off in order to bring drugs and cellphones into the prison. He's seen people shooting heroine even, which is just ridiculous. It's infuriating how much these idiots are paid to stand around and do nothing, as well as to be corrupt losers who will only help an inmate if it 'pays' him to do so.

There is a HUGE problem with all levels of government. Too much power always corrupts. And to that idiot on page one Joniebelle, the US has the highest number of prisoners in the world - that means mothers, fathers, grandmothers, sisters and brothers are all touched by this corruption in some way. Not even close to all of our prisoners are guilty or deserve to be in prison, let alone raped and then laughed at by the CO's when that happens.

I always thought cops were the worst people out there, but now I know that CO's are even worse - since they were too damn stupid to make it as street cops.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Our prison system needs a major overhaul. Too many violent criminals are mixed in with non-violent criminals. I really think the system needs to evaluate every criminal before they place them in a particular prison setting.

Criminals who commit heinous crimes should be locked-up together. Let them fend for themselves since they committed terrible acts against their victims. Maybe than they will understand what they did to their victims before they died.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This has been going on for a long time, id say, since the start of prisons perhaps? its nothing new, its just getting worse like alot of other things.
Prisions are like mass multiculturalism, its doesnt bloody work, yet its used anyways...
Its been said time and time again that prisons dont work but we keep on making them and using them.
Guess what the reason is? guessed it yet? Well its money as usual, prisons makes alot of money just like war.
Actually if i remember correctly, i remember reading about prisons being one of the most profitable corporations that exist, hence why they are still used, and continue to be built.

Criminals who commit heinous crimes should be locked-up together. Let them fend for themselves since they committed terrible acts against their victims. Maybe than they will understand what they did to their victims before they died.

As bad as it sounds, and makes me feel, i do agree with you unfortunately...

edit on 30-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogeyman1976

I don't feel sorry for the very violent offenders.The rapists can rape the murderers and the murderers can murder the rapists for all I care.

I feel sorry for kids (or adults) like my father who went in just a kid with sticky fingers (or an adult with a pot plant) and came out a wife beating, alcoholic, psychopath. I have a stepson in the system now. It's a group home, not prison, but I still fear for him. He's got some psychological issues already. He doesn't even have a criminal record save for a misdemeanor (bringing cigs to school). I shudder to imagine how screwed up he'd be if he got abused like my father did.
edit on 30-6-2011 by tncryptogal because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Maybe these criminals who are "sexually abused" in prisons shouldn't have committed crimes such as rape, child molestation, murder, or assault.

Just putting it out there

Or gotten arrested during a protest like Stephen Donaldson.

Or picked up for vagrancy as a youth.

Just putting that out there.

What a perfect little sheltered world it must be where only bad things happen to bad people huh.

When you know the laws of prison, get back at me.

Until then, I guess it's exciting to think that anyone and everyone is raped in prison and not just the ones who actually are there for good reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

So explain why Donaldson was gangraped by 45 prisoners?

He deserved it?

If unfamiliar here.

I guess you just think homosexuals are bad men and deserve to be gang raped in prison then?

They all deserve it:

While anyone can become the victim of sexual violence, the most marginalized members of society at-large also tend to be the most vulnerable behind bars. In particular, inmates who are gay, transgender, young, mentally ill, or incarcerated for the first time and for non-violent offenses tend to be victimized.8

Those mentally ill, gay or NON VIOLENT offenders. Say it with me, "they all deserve it."

JDI Fact Sheet
edit on 30-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
step 1: Send someone to prison to try and correct themselves
step 2: brutally rape them repeatedly to where they lose all sense of compassion or respect
step 3: release them back into society and "see what happens".

I see no issue there...to those whom believe its fine because they get what they deserve...well, I guess when they get released, they give what they learned in prison

Its called the "Department of Corrections

unless rape is the correct way to finish off a crime, then the title is misleading...department of brutal torture may be more accurate.

The only thing prison is, is criminal college...nothing correcting about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The only thing prison is, is criminal college...nothing correcting about it.

"criminal college" ,i like it, thats a great way to put it and is correct in my opinion, they might as well change it to that, people would probably see it as a "better prision" lol,they would probably send all the junkie celebritys to something named like that lmao...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So explain why Donaldson was gangraped by 45 prisoners?

He deserved it?

If unfamiliar here.

I guess you just think homosexuals are bad men and deserve to be gang raped in prison then?

They all deserve it:

While anyone can become the victim of sexual violence, the most marginalized members of society at-large also tend to be the most vulnerable behind bars. In particular, inmates who are gay, transgender, young, mentally ill, or incarcerated for the first time and for non-violent offenses tend to be victimized.8

Those mentally ill, gay or NON VIOLENT offenders. Say it with me, "they all deserve it."

JDI Fact Sheet
edit on 30-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Really? You're going to put words in my mouth and accuse me of saying something like "homosexuals are bad men and deserve to be gang raped?"

Classy. Keep it up.

There are many who don't deserve to be in prison for various reasons. But of course, when a child abuser gets sodomized in the shower and the guards turn the other cheek (no pun intended?), then hey, fair game.

Gay, bi, TS prison inmates are vulnerable to violent or sexual assault from other inmates because that's just...well, that's just prison. Are you surprised it happens? Is it wrong? Of course but there are plenty of folks who deserve the worst kind of punishment.

Oh before you twist my words and accuse me of saying something I didn't, I'm not saying Donaldson was a child abuser or deserved any kind of cruelty. Just like to clarify that before you go have fun twisting words around. Thanks.

But
edit on 30-6-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

When you know the laws of prison, get back at me.

Until then, I guess it's exciting to think that anyone and everyone is raped in prison and not just the ones who actually are there for good reasons.

I know the "laws" of prison well my friend...and my resume goes as follows:

1992-1994 Nevada state Penitentiary. Carson City, Nevada.
1994-1995 Ely State Penitentiary. Ely, Nevada.
1995-1997 Northern Nevada Correctional Center. Carson City, Nevada.
1997-1999 Southern Desert Correctional Facility. Indian Springs. Nevada.
1997-2001 High Desert Correctional Facility. Indian Springs, Nevada.
2001-2003 South Dakota State Penitentiary. Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
2003-2007 Wyoming State Penitentiary. Rawlins Wyoming.

Now with a well establish record of incarceration, in a variety of penitentiaries, in a few states...I consider myself an expert on the goings on in a prison. If you concur...then please allow me to add the following to your ideas about the prison system.

It is not exciting to think about anyone and everyone who goes to prison getting raped...and as far as the ones that are there for good reasons...well now that could be a quite inclusive list now couldn't it?

Depending on your perception of the prison system in America and what you consider a good reason...it might be a very exclusive list also.

We could tear apart my record and see if we could agree on whether or not I fit on the first list or the second, but I don't think that is necessary for this point...and that is...do you really honestly think that anyone deserves to be raped in or out of prison? Can you really justify that? If your answering maybe depending on their crime...well then it is time to re-evaluate what you think would be a crime fitting the punishment of rape...then provide me a list and I will dispute it with cases of all different types of people getting raped...everything from a DUI offender, to a person convicted of a third possession of marijuana. If you think there is a separation of crimes behind the walls...you are wrong. All are fair game in the political arena of prison life.

I have stories that will give you nightmares...and I think using your imagination should suffice for now. If we are wondering how far an officer in corrections contributes to these offense's...as much or more than the inmates themselves...this is a fact...not an opinion. Ahh..yes...proof...I am proof...living breathing testimony to what really happens behind the walls. I think I am qualified to testify to the goings on of prison life...I think I have earned the right to speak about it.

Now bear in mind...I have not disclosed my crime...I know I am going to have to if I continue posting in this thread...but for now it is a mystery...suffice it to say...I have never harmed another living soul. Man, woman or child...never...so with that said...who deserves to be raped?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As a former short-time inamte. (I only did a bullet) that's 1 year for those that don't know, well at least where I came from, NYC. About 8 months after good-time ect, I also did 90 days before that, and spent a week here and there in various jails...The small bit's of advice I can offer to people that are criminals(and non criminals) who can be caught anyday, small time dealers, innocent people, yes EVEN YOU may find yourself lost in the system, in jail for a few weeks/months for even a minor traffic incident that the cop who pulled you over is haveing a bad day and gonna take it out on you, and either trump up charges, or make up charges, no one is completely safe from being locked up.

So since no one here is exempt from "doing time", the small bits of advice I can give to help you not get raped in jail/prison are:

1)Learn about your counties jail and it's laws. Some county jails are 1000x's worse than the county 25 miles away, so you may wan't to relocate.

2)If you do get put in jail for any reason and you are awaiting trial, or are sentenced, whatever the case may be, and you are afraid of being assaulted/ raped. You can ask to be put into protective custody, do this off the bat when you first get in the jail, you can't wait a week then try this. Or tell them you are suicidal, you may be able to get put into PC that way.

3)Do not accept anything, however small it is from anyone. Even advice. They will hold this over you and say you "owe" them. Your three hots and your cot is all you need. Your a smoker? Quit! period. If your family is giving you commisary money, they will know, so either only buy a few small things, or nothing at all. Never let anyone "Help" you fill out you commissary sheet (they love that tactic). Whether you need help or not, usually you don't, they will try every trick in the book, pressureing you with alot of people standing around you ect. But Stick to Yourself! Hopefully you'll be out if your a first timer withing a few days or a week, just sleep /read/stay to yourself.

4)If someone, anyone, no matter how big tries to take something from you. YOU MUST STAND UP for Yourself, and fight them for it. Even if they get what they want they know that you will always fight them and they will move to easier targets, those that won't fight back.

5)Don't put yourself in places where you can be cornered alone ect. When the tier doors are open (if your not in a dorm, don't sit in your cell alone. They can trap you there. Go outside into the pod area, watch tv, or just walk laps around the facility for exercise. When everyone is lockedin thier cells your safe you can rest.

6) If all else fails ACT CRAZY. Don't Shower, don't shave, act like a nutcase.

Bottom line though if a group of grown men want to rape you, there's not much you can do. Try to hurt one of them bad, always hit the biggest guy, fishhook, biting, ear ripping, eye gouging whatever. If a CO is a rapist, and he has his eye on you, you are basically screwed (no pun intended). Not much you can do there.

So again research your county jails if your even involved in very minor criminal activity. Like smoking pot, anything. Cause again some counties are REALLY bad, and ones right next store could be 100% better.

Prison rape is Real, and it isn't funny. Although I made alot of mistakes and broke nearly every rule and piece of advice I just mentioned, I was lucky enough to never get assaulted. I had a few scraps but nothing major. After two months in I was fortunate enough to get moved to an all white workers dorm and my final 6 months was pretty much like camp. (I'm not racist but in jail staying or being with you own kind is normal and is usually(not always)but usually your best bet.

Good luck to all you non violent offenders doing time. I hope you never have to face some of these things. Remeber too that when your put into "population" in county jail, even if just for a DUI, and your gonna be out in a few days, you most likely will be in a tier or dorm with people charge with murder, rape, people with NOTHING to lose. Cause before they get sentenced, and go to prison, they are in county jail, with short timers. So watch out. Hell you may even be sharing a cell with a guy looking at a sure life setence who has nothing to lose.

Also if anyone else can add to this list. People with more experience than my very limited experience. Again I only listed a few things that popped into my head, that I observed while I was in jail for a short period of time.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To me rape is rape no matter if it's a child molestor or prison inmate. You have to be pretty sick and twisted to rape someone under any cirumstances. All rapists should be castrated.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To me, it seems that the thing that leaves people feeling apathetic about rape in incarceration is when people think of prisoners as "BAD PEOPLE". The vast majority of people in prison are not in for victimizing other people, they are drug offenders. These people don't victimize anybody (but maybe themselves). I think that we should have a two-tiered criminal justice system. Drug offenders and nonviolent property crime offenders should be subject to a different level of punishment. Fines and home confinement should suffice for noamal people. Prison and jail should be reserved for those who victimize others, because taking money from a psychopath is not going to change their behavior. But, I forgot to mention that rape should never be considered part of ANY punishment.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

There is an old saying, designed to keep you from turning into someone elses bitch.....
"Death before dishonor"
When properly applied to either party the first "D" prevents the second.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The first thing to do for us "outside" is to avoid any form of collaboration with cops, and expose them publicly for the abuses and crimes they do. The second is to convince, by any way we can, the public that the cops are the wrong people in society, that they are paramilitaries working against the rest of the people. The other thing that should be done, I'm not gonna write it to not attract too much attention from the FBI here, but some of you already guessed it.

You must understand that the whole penal system is the problem, and the first ones to send youngsters to jail (something that's already terrible) are the Police. Or course, there's a lot of crooked bureaucrats who go into disgusting "prosecution profit" schemes, but without goons going out in the streets to put kids behind bars, that wouldn't be possible.

Realize this is War. Class war. Of the ultra-rich ruling elite against all the lower classes. And the judicial system is its biggest, most violent army. Turns out that throughout history, mass rape was rampant in wars, where overpowered and crazed soldiers face the appeal of abusing defenseless people, especially women an children... this is what happens when cops are given full monopoly of violence.

No peace

edit on 30/6/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Study hard, live smart.

You should be able to avoid prisons.

There are the unlucky ones though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Totally agree with your read on it, a self perpetuating meme gone wild and a handy tool for the top dogs in their battle to stay in control, win win for the psychopaths.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join