It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to hold unscheduled news conference on Wednesday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just think it us funny that you listed the things that incite the
Red hoards and ignore the rest. I guess it is not funny or odd, but you did it,
The more conservative he tries to be the more demented you guys get.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by beezzer

You noticed that too. He seemed very intent on making that threat.

Hmmm, watch for e.coli outbreaks in America.

I can not watch or listen at the moment.. like many many others today.. what did he say as far as food safety? Weird.. I thought t his was a war and tax speech.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh forget it.
I found it.

Obama says if we do not have revenues "it means that food inspection might be compromised and I've said to some of the Republican leaders 'you talk to your constituents.' The Republican constituents and ask them if they're willing to compromise their kids' safety so that some corporate jet owner continues to get a tax break."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

reply to post by beezzer

I can not watch or listen at the moment.. like many many others today.. what did he say as far as food safety? Weird.. I thought t his was a war and tax speech.

He said that he thinks extending billionaire tax cuts, while defunding food inspection is a not reasonable.
Sounded like he was trying to juxtapose the two.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting that he won't state his own thoughts on gay marriage, very telling. Even if you disagree with Bachman, she at least had the guts to state an unpopular point of view.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by beezzer

He said that he thinks extending billionaire tax cuts, while defunding food inspection is a not reasonable.
Sounded like he was trying to juxtapose the two.

IMO the "put the kids at risk" thing is a stupid manipulative thing to say, Im pretty sure we are all reasonable enough to figure out that no food inspections are a bad thing, but since when did cutting taxes interfere with food inspections? There are plenty of things that can be taken out or lessened like war spending and etc and not cut food inspections. They can compromise with the billionaire taxation.. it doesnt have to be an all or nothing.. only in their minds and what they are feeding the rest of us. These tax cuts for billionaires are ridiculous, but if removed completely it may interfere with job production. There IS a happy medium with taxation and tax cuts.. seems no one wants to play that game. Bush didnt, Obama didnt, seems the flavor of the decade.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"I've been doin' Afghanistan and Bin Laden and the Greek crisis"

He just said.... Okay, that was the most entertaining moment so far...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

He was saying that fixing the budget is important.
That more billionaire tax breaks at the expense of
Food inspection is unreasonable, he used that example to
Extenuate an example of an unreasonable approach to budgetary
Reconciliation.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Another issue with job creation nowadays is the fact that, no matter what job you want to create, the person who has to fill it needs a degree of some sort. Think about it... what did they do during the Great Depression? They hired people to fix roads, to build barns, to raise houses, to work on vehicles... anything that could be done to hire people was done, and unemployment was cut as a result. Today, you can't work on the roads without a degree... you can't build anything without a license... you can't be a mechanic without have some sort of certificate. We're being stifled by our own demand for education. We used to respect talent, regardless of education, but, now, we just want to see the piece of paper in a frame on the wall, and skill counts for almost nothing.

If we want to lower unemployment, we should be allowing communities to hire their own residents for local jobs, regardless of education. We should be hiring based on ability, not on how many hours have been spent in a classroom.

You have my vote, I could not have put it better, the educational empire money making scam, has created a pathetic inept situation, well done. S&F for you

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I started LOLing when he said that

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I started LOLing when he said that

Yeah, well, I actually spit out some coffee and have had to change keyboards because of it.

Here is more....

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

"You need to be here," he told Congress. "I've been here. I've been doing Afghanistan and bin Laden and the Greek crisis and -- you stay here. Let's get it done."

He is so overworked, and congress is getting all the breaks. Poor guy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Im shocked he seems to think that 250K a year is a "jet owner"...

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Im shocked he seems to think that 250K a year is a "jet owner"...

blogs.wsj.com...

Yeah, this part puts it into better perspective.

Typical charter–$3,000 an hour

It is possible, of course, that someone earning $250,000 a year might spend 5% to 10% of their annual income on a single flight by chartering, in which case we could call them “corporate-jet fliers.” But it is unlikely. Even more unlikely is someone earning $250,000 a year paying $500,000 to $1 million a year to operate a jet–even if they received it free.

According to Mr. Duckson and others, most of those who own their own jets have net worths of $100 million or more and earn more than $10 million a year–minimum.

I wonder, how many of these people have to be molested before flying by the TSA?

At what level of taxation can one bypass the TSA screening?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Cuts to food inspection eh ?

How convenient.

Sounds to me like Obama is building up his future excuse as to why foods will be making people sick in the coming months/years... outbreaks of e-coli, salmonella, heavy radiation contamination... blah blah blah.

Setting the scene, is he ?

Uh huh...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just reassign the Idiot TSA inspectors and they can pat down our rump roasts and cutlets!

Maybe they can jiggle the green onions and fondle the lettuce!

All in a day's work! They already irradiate our food! They can even station them at the grocery stores with hand scanners! No need to provide them with new office space!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yelp! Need another dose! Gimme another Nobel or else!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone blames Obama for the economy and wars going on. Even if he didn't win the Election the same thing would of happen with any other president. He was just the on chosen to take the blame. If he decided to try and be a good guy and change things he'll be another JFK.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

Kinda like...

"We'd like to announce that your regularly scheduled newscast is being interrupted by an unannounced unscheduled news conference being broadcast at this time instead of its regularly scheduled time. Please consult your regular schedule to see when this unscheduled conference will be rebroadcast. We now return you to your cancelled regular broadcast to bring you this conference-rebroadcast tonight on your 10:00 oclock news... Consult your guide for any rescheduled times and when they are scheduled"

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

"We'd like to announce that your regularly scheduled newscast is being interrupted by an unannounced unscheduled news conference being broadcast at this time instead of its regularly scheduled time. Please consult your regular schedule to see when this unscheduled conference will be rebroadcast. We now return you to your cancelled regular broadcast to bring you this conference-rebroadcast tonight on your 10:00 oclock news... Consult your guide for any rescheduled times and when they are scheduled"

LMAO!

edit on 29-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Question: So, how do you spell DESPERATION?

Answer: Unscheduled news conference

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join