It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to hold unscheduled news conference on Wednesday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It looks like Mr. USA is running a little bit late.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by annonymous1234

hahahaha - "a government that lives within its means".

Not with you in charge, good sir.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Listening now to Obama.
2 points.
1. He wants unemployment to go down with corporations hiring 500K more people.
2. He wants to raise taxes on corporations.

Oh yeah, it's still Bush's fault.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH, Congress will not play nice with me. WHAAAAAAA.

Why does he not just come right out and say "look people, we are screwed, it is now time to start fending for yourselves" so that everyone can understand and leave no ambiguity as to the situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not an expert on body language although it is an interest of mine.

I'm watching this right now and noticing that every time he opens his mouth, he lies.

Anyone else seeing this?

See? Now he's talking about Libya...He did it again!

edit on 29-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Only congress can create jobs????

If they send him a bill?

Yep, we are screwed.... When only government can save us.

No Mr. president, the only way to create jobs is for you to focus on shrinking your massive government, cutting spending (leaving entitlements alone) reduce taxes, eliminate arbitrary and unnecessary regulations and bureaucratic systems designed to regulate and control every aspect of the American people's lives... especially businesses, manufacturing and exploration and production of energy resources. End the wars and military occupations, end massive financial support of allied regimes, and initiate a trade war with nations in a serious trade deficit with the USA, nations which are exploiting our losses and benefiting from all of this. End the outsourcing of American jobs and manufacturing....

DO THAT, get the government the hell out of our way and watch the LIBERTY and FREEDOM this country was founded on, and economy built on create jobs and return us to our predominant place in this world.

Do not do this, and watch the decline continue... Economic collapse and worse WILL happen under your watch.

Easy choices eh?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh Libya now! Cool! Let's see!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Considering most people are at work at this time of day and cant watch it.. he must not be speaking directly to the tax payer.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
War Powers Act, unconstitutional?

Libya doesn't count because it's not Vietnam?

What the heck???

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Another issue with job creation nowadays is the fact that, no matter what job you want to create, the person who has to fill it needs a degree of some sort. Think about it... what did they do during the Great Depression? They hired people to fix roads, to build barns, to raise houses, to work on vehicles... anything that could be done to hire people was done, and unemployment was cut as a result. Today, you can't work on the roads without a degree... you can't build anything without a license... you can't be a mechanic without have some sort of certificate. We're being stifled by our own demand for education. We used to respect talent, regardless of education, but, now, we just want to see the piece of paper in a frame on the wall, and skill counts for almost nothing.

If we want to lower unemployment, we should be allowing communities to hire their own residents for local jobs, regardless of education. We should be hiring based on ability, not on how many hours have been spent in a classroom.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What the heck???

I know right! This man is out of it. OUT. OF . IT.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Considering most people are at work at this time of day and cant watch it.. he must not be speaking directly to the tax payer.

From what I've seen so far, he may as well be talking to himself.

Complete waste of air time.... The Casey Anthony trial is still on, and more interesting than this.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I believe Obama is using the press to try to persuade the Republicans to make some hard choices in his favor which would include eliminating some tax breaks on rich people and oil companies that have billions of dollars in profits. Spending needs to be cut and the alternative will be to cut money going to the poor or middle class. I don't typically like to support Obama but I am on his side on this particular issue. Of course I am not in favor of any tax increases on the middle class. Eliminating some tax breaks for the wealthy doesn't bother me one bit.

As far as Libya is concerned, I disagree with him, he should have sought approval for the funding for continuing support. He is not congress and doesn't have the authority to authorize continued spending in my opinion. He could have avoided the whole issue but he did not.

I am on lunch break. Most people probably won't see him live but the news might do replays.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What the heck???

Silly me, I always though that if your lobbing bombs/missles into another country that was call war. But then again obama plays by his own rules and we're just supposed to not say anything.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Listening now to Obama.
2 points.

And trim the defense budget, entitlements

Look at the tax code too

Regulations

Extend middle class tax cuts for another year

Get the federal government out of state, same sex issues

Is that all you heard?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Advantage

From what I've seen so far, he may as well be talking to himself.

Complete waste of air time.... The Casey Anthony trial is still on, and more interesting than this.

Clearly, the guy mentioned half the things you stated in your previous post,
Watching television is a waste of time and not very interesting when you have cotton in your ears.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Listening now to Obama.
2 points.

And trim the defense budget, entitlements

Look at the tax code too

Regulations

Extend middle class tax cuts for another year

Get the federal government out of state, same sex issues

Is that all you heard?

I did hear him threaten food safety.

Does that count?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

No cotton required, I'm listening, not watching, and I've already heard all of this before.

Nothing new here, really.

When he is done running his mouth, we're just as screwed as we were before this previously unscheduled scheduled press conference.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That sounds like: I want to dig a hole, and throw dirt in while I'm digging a hole.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You noticed that too. He seemed very intent on making that threat.

Hmmm, watch for e.coli outbreaks in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join