It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 police dogs left in car on hottest day of year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Although I appreciate your lightheartedness and "logic" I do not agree completely.
Police officers are held to higher standards for a reason.

I understand everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but this person has a history of unsafe practices.
He could be very remorseful, but that does not excuse the fact that due to his negligence, it cost the life of a member of the force.

If I did this to an animal, and it was my job to handle animals, I would definitely at the very least get fired. I bet charges would be laid, fines, and community service would be ordered.

But because he is a police officer who is mentally unstable and remorseful, we should just forget about it, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

No you wouldn't.

Now, for all those who steadfastly refuse to read the facts:-

This incident took place in Britain. Not the USA.

Our laws are different to yours.

It occurred on Sunday 16th June 2011.

There is no evidence of deliberate intent to cause harm or suffering. It appears at this stage to have been a tragic accident.

Accidents do happen. Whatever your lawyers might want you to believe.

The Officer concerned appears to currently be a secure unit in hospital where he has allegedly been detained under the Mental Health Act after attempting suicide.

Investigations are currently under way, both by the police and the RSPCA.

Once those investigations are complete, then charges may or may not be brought against the Officer. If charges are brought then the case will go to trial and only if then convicted will he be fined and/or imprisoned (I understand there is a maximum 6 month sentence possible).

Until then, there is really nothing more to discuss except our shock and sadness at the horrific and unnecessary death of these 2 dogs.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I see dogs in cars all the time and wonder "what the hell are the owners thinking?"
A month ago I saw a dog in a car before I went to a parade. After the parade we went to the carnival for some food and let the kids rides some rides..maybe about 2 hours..when we returned to the car the dog was still there yelping up a storm. It was about 95F that day..Why bring a dog if you're just gonna leave it in the hot car for hours?

I see pets in cars all the time at Walmart. I feel really bad for all these dogs...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by w3nd1g0

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by 2012king

And they will not be punished for animal cruelty because they are "Above the Law"

Sorta hypocritical IMO

lets not jump on the police too quickly eh? So the officer in question is in hospital?

It is very likely to turn out that his hospitalisation caused him the inability to let the dogs out of the car.

Being a dog lover and having met heaps of dog trainers and knowing how close and connected the owner and animal become.. i highly doubt that this police officer deliberately left his dogs to die. He was probably devistated.

Lets see the story unfold before we go shouting about it shall we? I look forward to updates!

Peace

So, if his hospitalization caused an inability to let the dogs out of the car, it begs the question:

WHY WERE THEY LEFT IN AN UNVENTILATED CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Leaving animals in a car without ventilation is cruel even for the shortest of amount of time. This would be considered abuse in any other instance.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, you can't just let the car idle now can you??

Which is more important, the dogs or the carbon footprint? (MAJOR SARCASM)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ive seen windows broken to get the dogs air and water.

At fairs, or parking lots, or on the street.

Somebody will make an announcement like "license plate #XYZ your dogs are locked in your car with the windows up. In 10 minutes we will smash the windows and release your dogs."

Of course at this point the idiot is scared of lookinf like a dumbass even though everyone will know who it is eventually so they run and hide and 10 minutes later animal control is there and the windows are smashed and the dogs are out drinking water.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I disagree. I think that Police officers should be held to a higher accountability than the common folk. Police hold a position of public trust. When that trust is violated it is of more import than a common law breaker. Police should do double time for legal infractions.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Bedlam

No you wouldn't.

Now, for all those who steadfastly refuse to read the facts:-

This incident took place in Britain. Not the USA.

Our laws are different to yours.

Yes, I would. Because in the US, that's the way it works. And it happens here regularly.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Accidents happen. This happens all the time it just never makes news because it does not happen to cop dogs. The cop should be charged but dont be so mad at the guy. Accidents happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
wow is all i have to say, yet if i were to "defend" myself if this animal were to come at me with malicious intent i would face assault on an officer charges just for protecting myself from some dumb animal

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

the handler attempted suicide because of this..

www.newser.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Don't even get me going on this one.

Police should know better..................where were they eating donuts?

I treat my dog exactly like I would like to be treated if our roles were reversed.

God, to die of heat exposure, those a_ _ h _ _ _ _ s.

I'm trying to remain calm, loving and in a "good place" but this kind of news is very disheartening.

A man's true nature can be judged by how he treats an animal. This same guy has done this before - read the whole article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad.

'Also this is the second time this person's dogs have died due to his action. JRS1970

Source: news.sky.com... 416019836?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_16019836_Two_Police_Dogs_Including_A_Puppy_Have_Died_After_They_Were_Left_In_A_Car_On_Years_Hotte st_Day_

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeec59545621.jpg[/atsimg] Chay

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a95f916e0b2e.jpg[/atsimg] Tilly

May you both rest in peace, poor sweet little innocent furbabies.

Now, they say the officer, tried to commit suicide - too bad he wasn't successful.

He has done this before........................If I were his superior, I'de fire his arse and lock him in a 100F cell for 24 hours with no water and wearing a fur coat.

I can't stand for anyone to mistreat a child, animal or invalid............

And I don't use the mad face often.
edit on 28-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What part of Britain is not in the USA do you not understand? It may well be the case in your country, but not in ours.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I saw a dog in a car parked next to us today at Rona DIY store in Canada...the windows were slightly open (all four had about 2 inches) i lent against the car to see if i could hear engine/AC...I couldn't...so I went in the store bearing in mind we had just got out of our AC car and its frikkin 40 degrees...and I am proud I reported it to the desk...they reported it to manager and then I also reported it again to one of staff...I was in garden section and saw the young couple get in the car...I was so mad!- I estimate the dog had been left 30 mins in the car...I was sweating heaps and I don't care if there's a 2 inch window all round...it's still freaking hot esp in total sun...when will people,learn!!
Anyways I will continue to do this and am thinking of writing a letter to newspaper in our City...it's disgusting....

Jools x

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The officer is without a soul.

There is nothing I can recommend for punishment that would be just.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
terrible incompetence and deserving of severe punishment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join