It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 police dogs left in car on hottest day of year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by e11888

maybe so, but attempted suicide somewhat overides this instance.

can you imagine showing so much remorse that you try to kill yourself?

So, if I go out and commit a crime but show so much remorse that I attempt suicide, the cops won't take me away? The courts won't prosecute me? Because attempted suicide overides the crime? Please explain.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

Actually I think it makes you mentally unstable. Likely you will be arrested yes, then the court and process begins. Show me where this officer is NOT going to be subjected to the law

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Why is a mentally unstable person STILL on the police force's pay roll?

The SECOND time happening for this officer? I'd say negligence at it's best. How he became head dog handler is beyond me.

If you have OCD and depression you SHOULD NOT be a police officer! That is SCARY to think that a unstable person is in a position of authority....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
Why is a mentally unstable person STILL on the police force's pay roll?

The SECOND time happening for this officer? I'd say negligence at it's best. How he became head dog handler is beyond me.

If you have OCD and depression you SHOULD NOT be a police officer! That is SCARY to think that a unstable person is in a position of authority....

Sadly most of the people in power throughout the world are mentally unstable

Who wants to create a list.

Lets start with Obama.......
edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: character spacing

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I wonder if some of the posts would have been so vehement if they had not been police dogs.

People make mistakes, doctors do frequently.

These dogs undeniably died a horrific death, as do pigs, cattle etc., who frequently die from heat exhaustion in factory farms and transportation.

What would prison solve, the man has to live with this for the rest of his life, his career will more than likely be in tatters, isn't this punishment enough.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Correct me if Im wrong but arent police dogs considered police officers? So technically this "officer" has killed 3 other officers? Why isnt he in jail?

Because this is not a Police State, we do not have Martial Law and you cannot be sent to jail unless you have been convicted of a crime that carries a prison sentence, in a court of law*

* though if charged with some more violent offences you may be remanded in custody for public safety.

And no, police dogs are considered police officers - they can't even arrest people! They are dogs and the Officer in this case will most likely be charged with cruelty to animals and may be fined and banned from keeping animals - as would be the case with anyone else in a similar situation. Whether his employers decide to take additional action against his is up to them. And I don't think the fact he allegedly tried to take his life will necessarily act in his favour so far as his employers are concerned - suicidal police officers are not a good idea!
edit on 28-6-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I wonder if some of the posts would have been so vehement if they had not been police dogs.

These dogs undeniably died a horrific death, as do pigs, cattle etc., who frequently die from heat exhaustion in factory farms and transportation.

What would prison solve, the man has to live with this for the rest of his life, his career will more than likely be in tatters, isn't this punishment enough.

No its not punishment enough because it wouldnt be punishment enough if a civilian did the same thing. No cop should be above the laws they uphold.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by e11888
Correct me if Im wrong but arent police dogs considered police officers? So technically this "officer" has killed 3 other officers? Why isnt he in jail?

Because this is not a Police State, we do not have Martial Law and you cannot be sent to jail unless you have been convicted of a crime that carries a prison sentence, in a court of law*

* though if charged with some more violent offences you may be remanded in custody for public safety.

And no, police dogs are considered police officers - they can't even arrest people! They are dogs and the Officer in this case will most likely be charged with cruelty to animals and may be fined and banned from keeping animals - as would be the case with anyone else in a similar situation. Whether his employers decide to take additional action against his is up to them. And I don't think the fact he allegedly tried to take his life will necessarily act in his favour so far as his employers are concerned - suicidal police officers are not a good idea!
edit on 28-6-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

Really? Because I thought these dogs were assigned a badge number. Hold on this isnt a police state? The G20 in Pittsburgh (and London) looked a tad bit like a police state... but if you say it wasnt okay then. Im guessing an army of officers dressed in full riot gear is normal.

Im glad this officer will be able to keep his job though... its not like anyone that he arrests has anything to worry about right?

Didnt see this was in the UK. Point is still valid though.
edit on 28-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The fact the guy jumped out of a moving car then slashed his wrists shows he's obviously devastated. He knows he dropped a major clanger, but the pointless way each UK newspaper has stuck this on the front page is what I find most saddening. Not really going to help his state of mind is it?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Acidtastic

You are dog lover right?

I do not condone incompetence however as I mentioned earlier people make mistakes.

Maybe it was a set up? Ever thought about that.....
Yes, I am a dog lover, have 2 staffy crosses. Who I'd never leave in a boiling hot car. (unless I'm also in it with th aircon on) And incompetence is no excuse. If I killed a police dog with incompetence, I'd still be charged with what ever they wanted to charge me with, be it neglect, or the death of a police officer. I don't really see where the set up would be. If you're a dog handler, then your first priority is the well being of your animal. He is not fit for this, and through his inability to do his job, the dogs in his care died. And not for the first time. He should be charged with what ever any other citizen would be charged with. The police have to live by the same laws that we do. It's a very dangerous road if it's any other way. And it's a road we're already half way down.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

I'm all for not making this a criminal act. But, then when a "civilian" does the same, do we lock them up?

Md. man whose dog died of heatstroke gets jail time
A Thurmont man whose Rottweiler died from heatstroke after being left chained to a stake in the hot July sun has been sentenced to 90 days in jail.

On Tuesday, Frederick County District Judge Janice Ambrose also ordered 24-year-old Michael Flemming to do 50 hours of community service, preferably at an animal shelter.

Flemming was convicted in February of one misdemeanor count of animal cruelty and three misdemeanor counts of restraining an animal without water and shelter.

Prosecutors say the 112-pound dog died of severe heat exhaustion after he was left chained outside in temperatures near 90 degrees.

Flemming told the judge he loved the dog, and that no jail time could erase what he has to deal with every day.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

This man loved his dog also and was remorseful. He still got 90 days in jail for just chaining his dog outside. You may say 90 days in jail isn't that bad, but the criminal record for the rest of your life is.

LEO lovers (not saying you are one) on this site always say that such and such was illegal so therefore the perp deserved it. Well, when the table is turned, do we want to let the cop go just because he's a cop? Or because he's remorseful?

BTW......looking into this, I found many instances where cops let their partners die in cruisers.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

reply to post by Acidtastic

You are dog lover right?

I do not condone incompetence however as I mentioned earlier people make mistakes.

Maybe it was a set up? Ever thought about that.....
Yes, I am a dog lover, have 2 staffy crosses. Who I'd never leave in a boiling hot car. (unless I'm also in it with th aircon on) And incompetence is no excuse. If I killed a police dog with incompetence, I'd still be charged with what ever they wanted to charge me with, be it neglect, or the death of a police officer. I don't really see where the set up would be. If you're a dog handler, then your first priority is the well being of your animal. He is not fit for this, and through his inability to do his job, the dogs in his care died. And not for the first time. He should be charged with what ever any other citizen would be charged with. The police have to live by the same laws that we do. It's a very dangerous road if it's any other way. And it's a road we're already half way down.

maybe we should just stone the cop to death....

Just saying... to use another cliche from another member whom I can not identify but I wish I could

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So next time an accused child rapist attempts suicide I expect the same "oh, how remorseful" and "papers shouldn't be plastering it all over" responses from the same posters.

I'm not saying I disagree. Reports and accusations are more than enough to ruin your life even if found not guilty. I just want to see consistency.

Something off about how easy it apparently is for cops to let their dogs die (just had one here where the cop let his starve to death over the course of several months) and leave their guns places.

Like spending all day every day with a thing makes you forget it's even there. Or, more likely, they're just mentally unstable self-medicating psychopaths.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

So, me saying that I want the police to live by the same laws that we have to live by, is the same as stoning him to death

Nice skewed "logic" there.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by guessing

So, me saying that I want the police to live by the same laws that we have to live by, is the same as stoning him to death

Nice skewed "logic" there.

may as well stone him to death though, the way everyone is talking about him here.

logic... hmmmm

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So next time an accused child rapist attempts suicide I expect the same "oh, how remorseful" and "papers shouldn't be plastering it all over" responses from the same posters.

I'm not saying I disagree. Reports and accusations are more than enough to ruin your life even if found not guilty. I just want to see consistency.

Something off about how easy it apparently is for cops to let their dogs die (just had one here where the cop let his starve to death over the course of several months) and leave their guns places.

Like spending all day every day with a thing makes you forget it's even there. Or, more likely, they're just mentally unstable self-medicating psychopaths.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

thats what TPTB do not want is consitency.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is just sickening!
My Uncle is a state police commander that handled dogs for 20 years.
He had 3 "Specialty" dogs.
Those dogs were treated with the utmost respect and care. Do you realize how much it costs to raise and train these dogs?
Guess who is paying for them? This guy has already killed 3.
At the least he should be kicked off the force.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Civilians get away with animal cruelty every single day. Fur coats are proof of horrible animal cruelty, and the way cattle, pigs and chickens are treated is another.
Animals starve to death, They have chains that grow into their skin. The only ones that get felonies are the ones that happen to get caught.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This criminal should go down, the fact its happened before, whats that, 3 dogs now, dead because of this idiots incompetence, if hes got such a great bond with these dogs, why is he forgetting there locked in a car all day in 20+ degrees ??

This from someone whos suppose to protect his community, he couldnt even protect his own dogs...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can't get any of the UK links to work unfortunately. But if this officer works for the training school, his chances of doing this twice are a lot higher then the average person, as he will always have a dog with him.

Or he may have learned his lesson the first time, but this time he was in the hospital and had no control over it.

it happens more often then you think. My county actually has special systems installed for k9 units that turn the AC on in the car when it gets over a certain temp. But the officer made it clear that most departments couldn't afford this technology, as it runs about 5k per car.

I doubt this officer would willingly kill off two dogs. Training a police dog is expensive, it would be like destroying a police car, there would be reparations.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You know, if that animal tried to bite me and I killed it in self defense, I'd get a felony charge for killing a police officer. If they do it, it's a misdemeanor charge for animal abuse. Maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join