It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 police dogs left in car on hottest day of year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

2 police dogs left in car on hottest day of year

news.sky.com

Police Dogs Left In Car On Hottest Day Die

Comments

12:54am UK, Tuesday June 28, 2011
Two police dogs have died after they were left in a car on the hottest day of the year.

The adult Belgian Malanois and the German Shepherd puppy were found collapsed in an unventilated vehicle at the force's training centre in Keston, Kent, on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting that this is still happening, even more so with it being an experienced dog handler.
It looks as though there could be more to it than they are letting us know about as the officer has not been suspended.
Apparentley the officer in question is also in hospital (heard this on the tv news this morning, no link).

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

And they will not be punished for animal cruelty because they are "Above the Law"

Sorta hypocritical IMO

and i believe the Police officer is in the hospital as a clever ploy to look innocent.

Any other person would have been jailed

Police need to be punished to the full extent of the law because they are so willing and able to punish people who have done nothing to break the law.
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There was a similair case last year and the police officer got a 6 month suspended sentence (i think). Like i said, the full details have yet to be released by the looks of it as it seems to be getting played down by a lot of people. Usually when it comes to animal cruelty, including police, they get ripped apart straight away.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

And they will not be punished for animal cruelty because they are "Above the Law"

Sorta hypocritical IMO

lets not jump on the police too quickly eh? So the officer in question is in hospital?

It is very likely to turn out that his hospitalisation caused him the inability to let the dogs out of the car.

Being a dog lover and having met heaps of dog trainers and knowing how close and connected the owner and animal become.. i highly doubt that this police officer deliberately left his dogs to die. He was probably devistated.

Lets see the story unfold before we go shouting about it shall we? I look forward to updates!

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Completely agree with you on that, it did say he was devastated on the tv earlier, and i know the bond that dog handlers have with their animals so i am pretty sure there must be a good reason why he couldnt let them out.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
There was a similair case last year and the police officer got a 6 month suspended sentence (i think). Like i said, the full details have yet to be released by the looks of it as it seems to be getting played down by a lot of people. Usually when it comes to animal cruelty, including police, they get ripped apart straight away.

Yup and rightly so.

However.. I'm not sure about this particular case.. i doubt the hospital line is a spin factor and this incident will likely turn out a genuine mistake.

If im wrong... then the other guy can call me a pro police animal mistreating disinfo agent

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So I guess these were "hot dogs"?

Sorry but I couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
another link here,

www.itv.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Maybe you should wait to hear the results of the investigations before jumping to uninformed speculation?

An inquiry into the incident has begun and the Independent Police Complaints Commission has been made aware.

The RSPCA, also investigating the incident...

www.bbc.co.uk...

The media are also suggesting that the Officer concerned may have attemped suicide after discovering what he'd done.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This is probably one of the worst ways to die. Animal cruelty is animal cruelty, send this SOB to jail...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The media are also suggesting that the Officer concerned may have attemped suicide after discovering what he'd done.

Did you miss this part of my post?

and i believe the Police officer is in the hospital as a clever ploy to look innocent.

Any other person would have been jailed

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If you were walking through a parking lot and noticed a dog locked up in a car and you could def. tell it was suffocating from the immense heat, would you bash open a window? I would.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

No, I didn't miss that.

I are you saying that the Officer only pretended to commit suicide? (assuming the media reports are correct) And how could he be jailed when in this country you must first be charged and proven guilty in a court of law?

We still have laws, even if you don't like them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is apparently not the first time he did this either.

The Sun can reveal that the officer, who has made TV appearances about the training school and was recently appointed acting governor, was also responsible for the death of another puppy left in a car in hot weather.

Details of the incident, about three years ago, were not made public at the time.

Craven received a formal warning, but was later PROMOTED from the rank of PC.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

edit on 28-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That same officer was responsible for the car/heat/death of another dog back in 2004, so it's not the first time he's made that mistake.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Laws that are biased towards the Police Innocence.

Other Officers would probably embrace his Attempted Suicide Ploy to look Innocent and go with it

So he isn't charged.

Oh yeah and read post above mine

Consider point taken.

edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This unfortunately happens a lot here ( in Mid-Arizona, USA ). In most cases the officers were just being negligent. It is disgusting to think they get a simple animal cruelty charge when any other citizen would get felony charges. (The only proof of that were incidents where the suspect also attacked and or killed others. So it was very biased and no link is provided.)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
This is apparently not the first time he did this either.

The Sun can reveal that the officer, who has made TV appearances about the training school and was recently appointed acting governor, was also responsible for the death of another puppy left in a car in hot weather.

Details of the incident, about three years ago, were not made public at the time.

Craven received a formal warning, but was later PROMOTED from the rank of PC.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

edit on 28-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Yeah i just did some research on the web and found this same peice of info. I just dont like jumping to conclusions hence my previous post.

Well.... so we have a copper.. who cant look after his partners correctly (cuz lets face it.. the dog is his partner after all..) and then gets a promotion to governer even after this?

Now that is pretty piss poor if you ask me. Don't worry guys.. they take this kinda stuff seriously over in the UK (or so i beleived until i saw his past record!!!)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
If you were walking through a parking lot and noticed a dog locked up in a car and you could def. tell it was suffocating from the immense heat, would you bash open a window? I would.

I had friends who did weekend work as carpark attendents at donnington park race track in the uk... they were both hippies and lovable chaps... they did find a couple of dogs locked in hot cars and did use bricks and clothing to break the windows with permission from the police to enable them to remove the animals and provide them with refreshments.

I would be lying if i said that after the first time... they werent actually looking for more of them!

Your damned straight i would smash that window!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join