It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
We know there are no smoke stains which would have meant they did not see in the pitch dark with candles or lamps and

Actually that's a fallacy.

The Inside of the Great Pyramid was originally coated with a thick black dirty resin which has since been cleaned a while ago.

I know.

It's not a well known fact and is always overlooked.

No biggy.

Before cleaning and repair work
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa949961b2d2.jpg[/atsimg]

After cleaning and repair work..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/202ff86c9a7d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 27-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In either one of these examples, are any of the stones as massive as that of the Great Pyramid? And is the inside of Cholula as intricate?

edit on 6/27/2011 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My question always comes back to the "How". Remember, they supposedly didn't have the Pulley during this period. So how did they move and place with such precision? We are told they did not use Iron and or diamonds to cut and or later carve the stones with etc. [Iron would rust away unlike alloys and Diamonds were worth some value and could simply have been stolen or looted]

Finding the boat is awesome don't get me wrong. But until we find a hidden chamber of records or knowledge on how they accomplished many of their feats we will just have to muddle through with what we already know coupled with conjecture and speculation based on known techniques

This is a point which does my head in completely. I heard about laser cut symbols at Osirion Temple, symbols burnt deep into the rock so that as you chipped away at it the cuts remained sharp & clear.

After looking around again quickly I see that it was probably Druvalo Fraudface who mentioned it (I thought maybe it was the ancient aliens doco) which instantly means that its probably wrong...but only parts of it apparently -

Inscribed on some of these blocks and visible from the metal staircase can be seen a number of 'Flower of Life' patterns of interlocking circles, which were first drawn to my attention in the writings of Drunvalo Melchizedek. Many wild claims are made for the dating of this pattern, which can now safely be dispelled. The two flowers designs that abut each other are about 6 inches in diameter and can be clearly made out. They are unlike anything else that I have ever seen in Egypt and therefore remain something of a mystery.

there are at least 8 flowers of life around the temple & from what I can see there is not just the flower of life but the next stage in the progression in which they begin to be overlapped to make larger geometrical shapes. There is also greek writing around to suggest an origin for the art & a time period. In this photo it appears that the symbols have only partly been finished being burnt/cut/? into the rock -

more photos of the symbols -
www.belovedegypt.com...
www.belovedegypt.com...
www.belovedegypt.com...

more photos & info -
www.thelighthouseonline.com...
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

its interesting to me also that the osirion temple is related to the seti one & they both display odd signs of advanced technology & outside influence on the egyptian people.

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 27/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by anon72

The Giza pyramid has been dated. In fact, most major pyramids of Egypt are within a 200 year period. It was brief and not that long. After, their civilization collapsed and when it returned it went on to bigger and better things.

Isnt it difficult to carbon date stone?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Carbon dating is a general term for a wide variety of dating methods. Besides the fact you can really use any radioactive substance, you can also use carbon-based materials on the site. The torch marks on the wall, for example.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes... Considering the outside of the pyramid is essentially an irregular pile of ruins. You can see the clean cuts within.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SLAYER69

In either one of these examples, are any of the stones as massive as that of the Great Pyramid? And is the inside of Cholula as intricate?

Stay tuned they are still excavating. Keep this in mind though. It is from a period before the Aztec or Mayan. Some speculate it was the Olmec. Considering it is the Oldest and Largest in the New World. It is also more advanced than all the rest that followed. This small section below is only the small base entrance into the great pyramid which is still mostly covered with dirt to this day.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c027bcf9bf37.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 27-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Truly Amazing!! Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I agree with the theory that the Giza pyramid was there before the Egyptians, the saltwater fossils embedded near the top indicate it was submerged for a very long time. There was a group in Egypt and in Mexico for a short time with elongated skulls, these were the pyramid builders.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
personally, i've never understood how a civilization that did not understand or use perspective in their drawings and art could ever have designed and built the pyramids to such an exacting degree.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Sailing With the SunS
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9a796985632.jpg[/atsimg]
who else sees the second sun below the main sun, and planet x to the right of it

I'm going to assume that each person represents a planet in the sky.

Maybe the Egyptians had Telescopes?

Thats just speculation though.

We may never know since the Library of Alexandria was destroyed

Perhaps the Scarab Represents the Moon or Earth i'm uncertain

The People may Represent Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, Eris? Thats 12 planets including the Largest Dwarf planets excluding Earth.

I see 11 people so maybe exclude one of the dwarf planets and we have a match possibly.

edit on 27-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wow!!! An ancient solar powered boat!!! Well that just proves that Aliens visited ancient man! I'd like to see the debunkers......um......oh, wait a minute.........Whoops guess I read that wrong......Nevermind......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

They didn't exactly have telescopes, but they did have what could be described as a primitive laser point tracer. They would build build this sort of circular structure without a ceiling, and then place a pike at the center floor. When the start cusp the tip of the circular wall, they would tie a string from the central pike to a line on the wall the star was located at. They would then do the same when the star set on an opposite edge. Due to their location at the equator, all stars moved in one direction except for the planets. They would eventually have discovered pretty much any astral movement that was irregular to the galactic plane. This is how they were extremely accurate at axis, fyi.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek
I saw a documentary recently about ancient egyptian boats. they rebuilt or rather replicated on of the most common boats, and took it to the sea. it did just fine, i think they used bees wax to seal it and the also submerge it underwater for a few weeks.

The Pharaoh Who Conquered the Sea -

Link to BBC4 Documentary

----------

PBS Nova – Building Pharaoh’s Ship

Very interesting viewing.

edit on 27-6-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
You guys can sit here all day and say "we can build one today"... but we don't.

Why? We can't.

Okay, we can't because it will cost too much or use too much material. Okay. Meaning we can't.

Until I see one done, exactly like Giza-it can't be done.

We maybe able to stack stones but we can't build tunnels and rooms within while we build up. If we can, let us see it. Otherwise. We can't.

Exactly. If it is too expensive, or wastes resources best used other ways, or is just not worth the effort NOW, multiply that by 1000 for back then. It would be absurd.
It still is.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Researcher William Henry thinks these boats are symbolic of travel through a wormhole

Here is osiris star walking or surfing on his boat of eternity...

Apparently the gods told them or showed them how they traveled there (to Egypt) and they just copied the wormhole symbol or something and integrated into their own boats, perhpas in hopes it'll mimic the abilities of the gods boats.

edit on 27-6-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

God damn you're dumb.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The egyptians are effing amazing, how could they think of somthing like these 4500 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I totally disagree with your last statement. Have you ever been to Cairo and seen the Pyramids in the flesh? Have you been inside the Kings Chamber? When you do you would truely know why people say that our modern buildings do not compare.
edit on 27-6-2011 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

Yes as a matter of fact I have been there several times. And while awe inspiring; and you never know the meaning of this until you stand at the base of them and look up, no they are not that impressive. The construction is very simplistic, and yes I am convinced we can build them today and do so even better. The awe inspiring bit about them is they did it with “inferior” technology. And that they even did it at all. The sheer amount of stone quarried and moved and stacked is staggering. And by the accounts it was not “slave” labor but as mentioned earlier, the citizens doing it during the flood seasons, to keep themselves busy so to speak.

I hate to say “not impressive” as that gives the wrong idea, but by today’s standards yes we could build them just as well, and even better. People say we can’t cut stone with that precision etc. But then you go look at some huge marble floor in the capitol building etc. These marble blocks fit with seams so clean you have a hard time seeing them at times, and then think of this. Those marble floors in the capitol building were made with far more primitive tools than we have now just 200 years later. Another favorite argument is we can’t lift the weight of the blocks. And this is not true either. Not only can modern cranes lift this weight they do so thousands of times a day. The weight of those blocks by today’s standards is a trifle.

The impressive and awe inspiring aspect of the pyramids is when you put it in the context of the modern world. To date the most expensive thing made by modern man is the ISS. And this pales in comparison to the “cost” of even one of the pyramids. These pyramids “assuming the current belief is true” were basically the product of nearly every citizen of the country working together for many years to make it happen. You could never get even a tiny fraction of the U.S. to agree to do this. Let alone allow that kind of expenditure of cash on the project. The measly sum we have spent on the ISS is already ridiculed and bemoaned buy the general public. So while the actual construction is not “impressive”, the fact that a civilization we like to think of as technologically inferior did so, that is what inspires awe as you look up at them and realize the massive scale of such an undertaking. So while very awesome to behold and contemplate, they are hardly mystical or beyond our modern ability to reproduce

As a side note: Someone was questioning the disappearance of the limestone. Well I may be wrong on this but if I recall the fist explorers to Egypt in the roman era etc. reported them to be still clad in limestone. And then the limestone was removed later to be reused in new construction.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I dig the ancient astronaut theory personally. It does appear that the Ancient Egyptians stumbled upon the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx and adopted a culture and made it their own.

The question remains. Who built these amazing megalithic structures that would be near on impossible to recreate even with today's technology?

My money is still on extra terrestrials or an extremely advanced ancient civilisation. One of the likes of Atlantis.

So many questions, so little answers!

S+F

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

The Giza plateou is childs play compared to Puma Punko

Lines cut with machines 15.000 years ago in the hardest stone next to diamond

edit on 27-6-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join