It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SLAYER69

In either one of these examples, are any of the stones as massive as that of the Great Pyramid? And is the inside of Cholula as intricate?

Stay tuned they are still excavating. Keep this in mind though. It is from a period before the Aztec or Mayan. Some speculate it was the Olmec. Considering it is the Oldest and Largest in the New World. It is also more advanced than all the rest that followed. This small section below is only the small base entrance into the great pyramid which is still mostly covered with dirt to this day.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c027bcf9bf37.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 27-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

and that is a beautiful picture. One day i am going there!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
On the contrary, the Egyptians were definitely seafaring. We have found seafaring and naval vessels from the reign of Sahure and Hatshepsut, just to name a few. I think the big question is, How far did they wander? South America? North America?

Sorry to be so late to this thread.

There is some evidence to show the Egyptians may have reached the coast of Queensland, Australia. Now I know the academics will have a field day with that statement but they don't know what evidences have been found.

Brett Green of Gympie Pyramid research 'infamy', found a very large and intricately designed Silver wine ewer in deep silt and had it checked out by the Museum of Queensland where it was confirmed as being from the period known as Egypto-Grecian. This piece stands about 3 feet tall and is as magnificent today as when it was created .... and yes I have seen it myself at a meeting where he brought many of his finds out of secure hiding to show.

The theory at present is that the area it was found in at the time of the latter Pharoahs was open to the sea and afforded a safe harbour for ships. At that place there is also evidence of wooden piers which helps support the teory. It is also thought they arrived in that area for Gold, which was and still is very prevelant and before white man's invasion could be found laying around the ground under protective cover of the Gympie-Gympie tree with it's nasty long term effects for anyone who so much as touches a leaf from the trees.

Link to Brett's website... Dhamurian Society

Lastly, the reason why I used the word "infamy" is because Brett's research has experienced major obstacles put in place by the first church of the area, and, when it was thought all his evidences for earlier visitations by ancient cultures were at his house.. he had visitors while he was not home who arrived in large black sedans with men in black suits who set fire to his house.

His neighbours called Police.. who refused to attend... and then the Fire Services who arrived so late that the house was nothing more than a smouldering pile of charred wood. Fortunately Brett had the foresight to insure all his amazing finds were spread among a few close confidants for safe keeping.

All the above information is a true recalling of the facts as I know them.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is some awesome info. I'd love to see them intact in a museum. I just went to a King Tut museum not long ago. It was a very interesting exhibit.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I build things for a living, well did...not many Industrial Projects underway here in the US.

I love the "track stars with string" concept, 'cept I have attempted some fairly complex layouts with string...and found string isn't very precise.

I also love the idea that we can build anything today that the ancients did!
I would not want to be responsible for that project though. Eventually we could...given enough time and money. I would not live to see it, my children would not either...maybe, maybe my grand kids would. Knowing how to do a thing is nothing like actually doing it.

I think it would be fun to try though. Anyone here friends with the Rothschilds? I'll totally forget anything bad I've heard about them if they want to talk. New pyramid in 2076?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks for posting this. I took a cursory look at the link, and will be visiting there again. Sounds like Brett has gotten a little too close for someone elses comfort.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
One thing I found very interesting in Egypt was the luck we had with our “tour guide” on one of our trips. As it turns out in his younger years he was a “gopher” for the archeologists studying in the area, then he later went to school and became one himself and participated on many of the digs in northern Egypt. As it turns out when you go into the ”Museum of Egyptian Antiquities” in Cairo many of the exhibits do indeed have pictures of him in various stages of his life on the signs talking about the people who discovered the artifacts on display. His account of the “old days” and how it changed in his life time is amazing. And his accounts of his work on the various dig sites were very interesting. His commentary was far more informative and entertaining than the generic descriptions on the museum signs.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72Now, you tell me that these peoples at that time believe they existed, were able to master Pyramid building to the point of greatness of the GIZA ones. No way. I still say that most of the other things we see in Egypt are attempts to copy the Giza Pyramids. That they came across them already built (for what ever reason the race was gone) so they believed it was their heritage and came to mimic and worship what they intepruted from what they saw.

It's a good thesis that can't be ignored.

Perhaps the Pyramids were a giant SOS to there home in the Orion constellation and the stranded builders were rescued! If so, then perhaps what came for them could repair their craft, or taken the wreckage. Alternatively could it have been left behind and is now buried.

Nothing gets the mind a'wondering like the Pyramids

S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Definitely they were not "seafaring." Just look at the actual picture for the reconstructed boat. The boat is made for shallow waters. The smallest of ocean waves could sink that thing. Even the rudders are very tiny. It doesn't look like they'd move much water with them being so thin and narrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Any idea why the Egyptians suddenly decided to pack these boats away??

I mean, it wasn't like it was an easy job cutting all those stones to fit and seal them..
Must have taken much planning and time.

IMO the biggest mystery is that, WHY did they pack them up??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Now, you tell me that these peoples at that time believe they existed, were able to master Pyramid building to the point of greatness of the GIZA ones. No way. I still say that most of the other things we see in Egypt are attempts to copy the Giza Pyramids.

Anyone, who carries out the most miniscule of research will be able to agree with you. If we look at the evidence of egyptian design and craftmanship we can see that there is a huge gap between them and the construction of the pyramids. It is clear that whoever made those pyramids were light years ahead of the egyptians that made those boats amongst other things.

This leads to the ultimate question who did construct the pyramids? and why have we been spoon fed a complete pack of lies all these years?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Perhaps but... consider this.

The people/race who can built these Solar Boats (and replicate the Egyptian Solar Boats):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea4892a7bee4.jpg[/atsimg]

How Ironic..... that symbol there is half f the BP symbol!!!

Don't know if that was mentioned before as i'm just picking up the thread and checking the first page.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by donatellanator
Feasible?...
Check this out:

Also Khufu/Cheops pyramid isn't the largest in the world. By Volume this Pre-Columbian pyramid is. [Which was mistaken for a mountain] when the Catholic Church built a cathedral on it...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/638a74337157.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bc82c5ea157.jpg[/atsimg]
Great Pyramid of Cholula

wow..... never heard of this Pyramid before.... looks brilliant designed!! Much more spectacular than the Giza Pyramids IMO.

It's a shame its so troubled in Mexico as i want to visit the region and check these Pyramids out......

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I haven't read through all the posts, so if I am echoing something already said apologies.

I tend to agree with the theory of the Egyptians "finding" the great pyramids already built, however, I must say, regarding boat building, may be simple but not without it's complexities, (though admittedly I am not a boat builder) I think it still requires a decent level of intelligence to design and construct a sea worthy vessel. Not saying I disagree or agree, just more along the lines of my two cents, though reading back I feel it may very well be an insignificant thought! (oh well, I'm posting anyway I already went this far lol)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's amazing how clean the tomb that they found it in was - judging from the photos there was not a bit of sand in it.... weird.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I support the AA theory here.

I think that the simple fact that humans are curious means that if we could travel between stars in space, and maybe traveling to other galaxies is not possible or a smart idea, that would make every planet in the galaxy suddenly that much more valuable to look at, and if you stumbled we humanity while searching the stars, we would want to leave something there for them to remember us by, because one day we will be friends, if humanity can make it.

It is obviously an effective method, entire civilizations grew around the thing.

Think of the galaxy as your backyard, and if you looked and by the pond there was this group of gorillas that suddenly started making bows and arrows and smelting metal into weapons and goods, you would assume that if they can survive, that maybe eventually in a few thousand-hundred thousand years they would be able to talk to you, so why not leave something behind and see what kind of influences you create.

Not to mention all major religions somewhere say that a god came from the skies and talked to them, and promised to return at a later date. So you tell me if it is effective or not.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I didn't know about the pitch, thank you for telling me. Can we be sure that the pitch was used during the construction of the pyramid or perhaps added by people later who forced their was in. I can see it used as a waterproofer once thr curious had chisselled here and there. Would smoke ever turn to quantities of pitch which was usually made from petrol or rosin etc.

You didn't come back on the datings for the astromonical alighments. I do feel that these are part of the construction plan utilized when they were built, otherwise why include them or take so much care to align them - for me it makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I think I am right in saying that the Timekeepers of the world, the Maya bound their kids skulls to elongate them. Perhaps they were emanating a people long gone who taught them their skills. We have the description of men arriving in boats with beards and a lighter skin abeit it doesn't mention an elongated skull, but the idea must have come from somewhere. If you look at some of the ancient Egyptians in profile they also have elongated heads.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

It's strange how having those boats they never took them to the sea. They certanily had boat-design-and-assembly skills, enough knowledge to sail down the Nile, but never used it to chart any ocean.

Yea these boats represent passing over to the other side in a number of cultures. In very old chines art we find this boat. Summer as well...were all this idea started.

Sea fairing cargo boats were made more in line with their use on the high sea.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironbender

I think you are absolutely right. Their art work is childlike and certainly not carried out by the sophisticated and technically advanced people who aligned and constructed the Pyramids.

I think its been difficult especially with Dr Hawass because of his natural desire to prove his fellow Egyptians built the pyramids. Had he been truly open minded your point should have shrieked at him.

Another poster mentoned sea shells on the higher levels of the pyramid, again something fascinating.

Because the Pyramids are made in stone, they last for an incredible long time so many eras and their people and their organic traces may have been totally lost to us. The desert rips stuff to shreds, floods wash it away etc

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

All the above information is a true recalling of the facts as I know them.

What facts?

Great post, with some very insightful information. But none, and I mean none of it was factual. You must be able to differentiate fact from opinion. Just because some guy you trust told you so, doesn't make it factual information. Thanks for the read though, it was most definitely interesting.

Cheers,
Strype

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join