It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
reply to post by SLAYER69

They didn't build them for God or as an extension of Pharaonic egotism. They built them to illustrate how the cosmos, universe, and Earth interact while at the same time teaching the philosophy of life.

Well there is an interesting opinion. I have no doubt the Great Pyramids are greater than just "Tombs" what I am saying is that we could build them if we set our minds and resources to it. A few small examples which have attempted a reconstruction were under funded and were simply trying to replicate how they thought the ancients did it.

If in the Modern world we devoted our technology and know how on that scale it is possible is all I'm saying.

We are so silly to think we have advanced ... I'm sure the ancients would have a good chuckle at this notion!

I'm sure the Ancients would get a chuckle or two or think it silly of what those who think they know what the Ancients felt or thought as well.

edit on 27-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Can anyone tell me where thes boats were found.. Like what chamber and where?

Here you go buddy:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51723d86814c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

An obvious and excellent point, Slayer. One I should have noted in my post you referenced. I know better, and stand corrected.
This was a ritual type boat, and not meant to represent their best.

But I still question whether or not these same people actually built the Giza plateau. If so, did they have help from another culture at the time? A different caste of Egyptians? And are we looking at a decline after that time due to...? Speculation I know. But there are some puzzle pieces that just don't seem to fit.

How? Someday I hope we're privy to that information, and to that "chamber of records".

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if all the Gods made their oarsmen stand while they rowed?
I would have been looking for the God that was thoughtful enough to provide benches for their oarsmen.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My question always comes back to the "How". Remember, they supposedly didn't have the Pulley during this period. So how did they move and place with such precision?

Remember (posted on numerous threads) their own depictions of their lever and rope systems. It didn't take much in the way of resources and with the right fulcrum point it doesn't take that much to move a large and heavy object into position. Just unskilled muscle power and someone who knows where to place the lever and which class of lever to use.

We are told they did not use Iron and or diamonds to cut and or later carve the stones with etc. [Iron would rust away unlike alloys and Diamonds were worth some value and could simply have been stolen or looted]

Diamonds used for polishing are microscopic black diamonds (not of any value.) There's zillions of them around -- just google for "diamond tipped tools" and take a close look at some of those diamonds. Granite's hardness ranges from 7 to 8 on the Mohs scale, meaning that many granites can be polished by sand (hardness of 7) -- just as we use diamonds to cut and polish other diamonds.

But until we find a hidden chamber of records or knowledge on how they accomplished many of their feats we will just have to muddle through with what we already know coupled with conjecture and speculation based on known techniques

I doubt we'll find that. How many books do you think are around on things like "how to use a screwdriver" and "how to rivet" or "how to plough a field with a wooden plough and a donkey"? Things that are taught as tradeskills and professions to illiterate people aren't written about. Professions back then were generally hereditary/family skills and everyone was too busy using those skills to learn to write and then write books about them.

Seriously... think of all the things YOU do that aren't written down.

For instance, I was at a science fiction convention this weekend. It ran well and we all had loads of fun, but there aren't any books around on "how to run a small local sf con" and "how to do security for a sf con." We learn it all by doing and for the rest of the time we're too busy to write it down. Furthermore, if you wrote down EVERYTHING you learned (by hand, by candlelight) including all the wretched things that go wrong, you would spend most of your life writing something that didn't produce income and was useless to everyone around you... and you would have annoyed your family who need you to go work and earn money.

On the other hand, if you became a master craftsman and hired apprentices, you can stand around and supervise and train and income and status.

It was a no-brainer for the Egyptians.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
But I still question whether or not these same people actually built the Giza plateau.

If you take a look at the temples and monuments in other cities in Egypt (built at the same time) it becomes very obvious that they did. Same stoneworking techniques, same quarrying techniques.

If so, did they have help from another culture at the time? A different caste of Egyptians?

It was built by overseers, architects, master craftsmen, skilled apprentices and laborers and a large number of farmers who were fed by the government for their work during the "off season" when the Nile flooded the farms and they couldn't work.

Were you counting those when you asked about help?

And are we looking at a decline after that time due to...?

Probably financial. Pyramid building continues for some time after that (around 800 years more) and there are several government upheavals and revolts during that time. The switch is made to building large monuments like the one at Abu Simbal and the Ramesseum which feature buildings with tall columns that are perfectly round and built from sections along with huge stone roofs and walls. That continues up to the time of Cleopatra, the last pharaoh.

The culture doesn't actually completely crash until Rome takes over.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

True....

One can only imagine and speculate about at all that was lost with the destruction of the Library of Alexandria.
The Destruction of Human History.

P.S.
My local library does carry "Chilton How To Manuals"

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
great thank you for the thread dude!!!!

does it belong to khafres or khufus pyramid??

anyway for yous that havnt read this look at this link...

REAL NAMES OF PYRAMIDS REVEALED...!!www.scribd.com...

i rekon that the pyramids are religous, and they were built by upper egyptians....boat pits are from the time when the local helipolis cult took over lower egypt and the giza plateau, the upper egyptians stopped helping lower egypt...due to this change in the elitest religion.....late 4th early 5th dynasty....

and BYRD...between me and you....higher learning and all that....cleopatra was not the last pharaoh, TAHARQA was....after him all pharaohs were foreign,,,saite, persians, then the greco romans..

if you class her as a pharaoh, then you class alexander the great as one, darius from persia and ptolemy - alexanders food taster!!

as you are someone who knows quite a bit...deny ignorance... it was a dual lineage..most of who never left alexandria and ventured to upper egypt... alexandr the great was "welcomed" by upper egyptains after taharqas army lost lower egypt to persians, alexander was seen as a liberator who destroyed the persians....none, i repeat none of them were accepted by upper egyptians as the religion at the time stated pharaoh could only be from the great house, which is the upper egyptian blood line,...ie oisiris, geb, horus all wear atef from upper egypt!

peace..
edit on 27-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

It's strange how having those boats they never took them to the sea. They certanily had boat-design-and-assembly skills, enough knowledge to sail down the Nile, but never used it to chart any ocean.

I think what you bring up is the core to then nonsense that we are taught at school, or are led to believe.

The idea of a civilization as advanced as Egypt only staying within its borders is simply beyond belief.
So they were sophisticated enough to build pyramids, temples and monuments but where to stupid spread outside of Egypt? Why didnt they conquer the continent of Africa? They weren't curious?
More likely the entire world has civilizations as advanced as Egypt and they shared knowledge.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd. You're a gem. It's nice to have someone on the site who knows and understands the official explanation and story. And is hands on too.

Even after years of reading about this kind of stuff, I'm certainly no expert on any of it. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to be called a layman.
But I always have a thousand questions. And as you well know, I question the official story on everything. Not just history and archaeology.

But I'm always willing to listen to reason and evidence I'm not aware of.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good read! Thank you very much for the insight! I love the mystery that surrounds the ancient people of Egypt. The boats of their time does not equal the awe they created with the pyramids....for sure.

This is a funny story....I walked into a local store here where I live and asked the store owner where he was from and he said Egypt. I said "oh, how cool, who do you think built the pyramids". I was hoping for some great response as to really WHO....like there is a secret to it..a conspiracy if you will.

He said...."Egyptians".

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just putting it out there, but perhaps the Egyptians were preserving the actual material (Wood) and not the structure itself (the boat) as we assume.

Just a thought?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

They didn't build them for God or as an extension of Pharaonic egotism. They built them to illustrate how the cosmos, universe, and Earth interact while at the same time teaching the philosophy of life.

Well there is an interesting opinion. I have no doubt the Great Pyramids are greater than just "Tombs" what I am saying is that we could build them if we set our minds and resources to it. A few small examples which have attempted a reconstruction were under funded and were simply trying to replicate how they thought the ancients did it.

If in the Modern world we devoted our technology and know how on that scale it is possible is all I'm saying.

Possible Today?... Yes!

Feasible?...

Check this out:

The Pyramid of Cheops uses more stone than all the churches of England built since the time of Christ; the pyramid complex at Zoser is the largest single-purpose monument built by man.

Good luck getting that approved.

Thanks for keeping an open mind and heart, brother. And Thanks to whoever gave me my 400th star

edit on 27-6-2011 by donatellanator because: extra DIV

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
The people/race who can built these Solar Boats (and replicate the Egyptian Solar Boats):

Can't build these Pyramids:

Sure we can. But there's no need to build primitive stone structures, we now have the technology to build far superior structures. Today we can build structures that are bigger and have highly advanced communication, electrical, plumbing, heating/ air conditioning and transportation systems; and we can do it in a fraction of the time that they took to build one pyramid. Anyone that thinks we don't have the technology to cut and stack stone (regardless of how large the units are) is sorely mistaken

PS- I'm in construction and it always annoys me when people say our modern buildings don't compare to the pyramids. It's like saying a Cadillac CTS-V doesn't compare to the Flintstones-mobile.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You guys can sit here all day and say "we can build one today"... but we don't.

Why? We can't.

Okay, we can't because it will cost too much or use too much material. Okay. Meaning we can't.

Until I see one done, exactly like Giza-it can't be done.

We maybe able to stack stones but we can't build tunnels and rooms within while we build up. If we can, let us see it. Otherwise. We can't.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

The people/race who can built these Solar Boats (and replicate the Egyptian Solar Boats):

Sure we can. But there's no need to build primitive stone structures, we now have the technology to build far superior structures. Today we can build structures that are bigger and have highly advanced communication, electrical, plumbing, heating/ air conditioning and transportation systems; and we can do it in a fraction of the time that they took to build one pyramid. Anyone that thinks we don't have the technology to cut and stack stone (regardless of how large the units are) is sorely mistaken

PS- I'm in construction and it always annoys me when people say our modern buildings don't compare to the pyramids. It's like saying a Cadillac CTS-V doesn't compare to the Flintstones-mobile.

I totally disagree with your last statement. Have you ever been to Cairo and seen the Pyramids in the flesh? Have you been inside the Kings Chamber? When you do you would truely know why people say that our modern buildings do not compare.
edit on 27-6-2011 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Please please please study the perspective size of these superior structures. Nothing absolutely nothing compares. What structure exists now that we "moderns" have built that will last 5000 years that is anywhere close to that magnitude? We build UP now instead of OUT to prove our "superiority and dominance" over nature completely ignoring the laws of harmonics (commonplace to the ancient Egyptians).

Besides mosques or the Taj Mahal, nothing (modern) I can reference even comes close to its splendor. Consider all the art, symbolism, precisely polished limestone coverings (and floors of polished granite!), the gold capped tops, the red white and black granite- laced sides, the less than pen-knife width precision, the stellar, cosmic, harmonic, universal accuracies ...I could go on and on!! Did you know there is a pyramid built on TOP of a mountain?!...

AC seems like a drop in the bucket comparatively. Plus, they had plumbing and electricity

edit on 27-6-2011 by donatellanator because:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

We are so silly to think we have advanced ... I'm sure the ancients would have a good chuckle at this notion

Here here! Yes, their whole civilization seems to have been built on sacred science, geometry and alchemy, it was very advanced.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Giza pyramid has been dated. In fact, most major pyramids of Egypt are within a 200 year period. It was brief and not that long. After, their civilization collapsed and when it returned it went on to bigger and better things.

Explain why it's so hard that they built the pyramids? The technology is not all that far off from most primitive cultures. The fact that their boats were made of weed gives no indication to their construction system capabilities. Never forget, that the greatest military power on Earth in 1940, Nazi Germany, had a crap-navy. They are not related fields. What would you expect? Ironclads? I can show you cultures in Korea that had ironclad warships in the 16th century, but had no major construction systems. It's really not that hard to grasp.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Except we already know that the great pyramid at Giza was built by the Pharoah Khufu. No wandering tribe just came acorss it one day while strolling around the dessert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join