It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's Obama's fault, no bout adout it!
Remember, he lead his uneducated followers to believe that once he got elected everythng would be free.
Well now that they've realized it ain't free they are taking it without paying for it.
This is just the beginning and these thugs are looking for an excuse to do this on a national scale.
If something happens to Obama or if he doesn't get re-elected these idiots are going to riot and party like it's 1999, and that's when the S will HTF.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

I think the real question is "who is behind them"?

This is definately staged.

While I'm not one to run from a fight, I feel this is someone pushing for race wars....and martial law.

If we are all separated, we are easier to fight.

I've had this conversation more than once with some of my non-white friends.

I think its rather funny though. This stuff is happening up in the "yankee" states where folks were supposed to be so much more "progressive" than us stupid southerners.

Except in area's populated by illegals (and their supporters), and area's of urban blacks....we all get along pretty well down here.

The "crazies" just keep to themselves.

Or maybe we're just very well armed down here and have no issue with "droppin' a hammer" on some idiot. White or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
They do it because they have nothing to lose, most of the young can't get jobs and minimum wage jobs just arn't worth doing anymore because the basic cost of living is just to high.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
They do it because they have nothing to lose, most of the young can't get jobs and minimum wage jobs just arn't worth doing anymore because the basic cost of living is just to high.
Listen, during the great depression your grandparents didn't decide to do this kind of crap and things aren't even close to that level these days. They can go to school for free, their utilities, food, rent, phones now, etc..all on the taxpayer. I am so sick of this argument, are they physically handicapped or something? I do see some of the females that weigh 350 pounds or more with 3 carts worth of junk food and then they are pulling out the grub stubs at the checkout.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Whilst I agree with nearly every point you make I still think you're wrong.

These kinds of activities are a result of the system we expect people to reside within. We never question it, we've never really changed it all because it works for the majority of us - or at least appears to. These issues are manifestations of underlying social conditions. There is no such thing as criminality in a community that's happy, criminality is born out of a contempt for opposition.

Thereby the criminals are actually our heroes. They're the one taking risks and pointing out how foolish and exploitable our security measures are and they will continue to be so until we, as a society, take an inclusive approach and actually try to deal with these issues.

Why should someone have to pay for a roof over their head, why should a soul that never asked to be born have to live in slavery to someone else? This isn't the 19th century anymore.

And before anyone asks I'm white middle class. I still respect and understand where other peoples rage comes from. I won't fob the blame back on activists when it is the system that's at fault.

BTW love the profile pic, even tho it'll get my post removed I'd totally make a move on you

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Dropping a hammer on some fool? Jesus H Christ you people are inbred. If thats the kind of attitude you take to your fellow humans then I'm really not surprised your country and and people are in the mess you're in.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is a bunch of teens,from the inner city's,who have NO JOBS,no way out. I can say this much. Inner city's are a TINDER BOX,and as long as there are 47% unemployed black teenagers on the streets with NOTHING to look forward to, you are going to see this happen much more. You might start seeing white kids do this also,as Unemployment keeps ratcheting up for the teen youths of today. As long as its Black teens doing it,you will have threads with "What is going on with black teens???"

Our youth,and I mean ALL of them,need to be taught MORALS. That is the problem with society. We have lost our way.

BTW,white teen youth unemployment is at 27%
edit on 27-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada
The trend with black youth today is to shoplift in groups.

What the heck is going on with the black youth lately?

One possible answer is the high unemployment rate among blacks.

The people commiting these acts obviously aren't of the "hard working" class but more of lowlife scum.

As far as the unemployment rate......When you bunch it together as a percentage it seems like the blacks have such a high unemployment rate, yet when you give actual numbers of people it shows a way different story.

Blacks unemployed @ 15% is approx 5 million people while Whites unemployed @ 8% is approx 20 million which is way more out of work. Ever wonder why they use Percentages? It helps to puruade minds and outcomes easier when manipulated to create the illusion of something to their favor.

Upbringing of their culture and what society has allowed by having a double standard is to blame.....not the "White Man" or the "Blue Eyed Devil". Society needs to actually be held accountable for their own actions and stop blaming others. this goes for all races.

Martin Luther King would be disgraced.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
for about 1,000 dollers you can buy a solution.....its called an mp5 sub machine gun. yes i think that is what is come to now, stores are going to need to start arming themselves now.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Do you have anactual # of white and black youth and not a percentage? I guarantee that the 27% of White youth drastically outnumbers the 47% of black youth yet you try to spin it as though the whites don't have it so bad and will eveentually get around to following suit when the actual facts of the numbers show who actually has it worse.

Percentages are B.S. actuall numbers are truth.

edit on 27/6/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Kids in Mexico are mimicking the adults there too, to get "stuff" and money,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ca.reuters.com...

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (Reuters) - School dropout Toby was just 15 when he and his friends started kidnapping businessmen, truck drivers and lawyers for ransom in Mexico's most violent city, Ciudad Juarez.

This really isnt a race issue. Its a society issue. When kids are brainwashed by a constant barrage from the media that having "stuff" is what life is all about, and the only thing that matters or makes you important, and they watch other people in power (legitimate power or the powerful criminals in their area) behave a certain way, they will too.

We are not an honorable people. We are not a "good" society. We are morally bankrupt worshippers of stuff and money and violence. And as we spiral down the toilet, it really should not surprise us that young people mimic the behavior they see making other people rich.

We have, like someone else said, lost our way. Not just us, here, in America. But people. In general. Everywhere. And the media has a huge amount to do with it, by instilling in people the idea that you are what you have. Not what you do.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yes...

Yes...

This is a small scale theft...yes it's wrong, but it being blown way out of proportion. Many (or most) of our black youth grow up in abominable conditions. They are not educated nor are they likely to find employment seeing that even middle-class workers are now struggling in this economy. I'm not excusing their behavior, but it makes me wonder what your purpose is in producing threads like these.

There are much greater forms of theft and deceit that take place every day. From embezzlement, corporate scams and money laundering. As long as it is within the 'law' it is okay to you, huh?

I guess you don't care that the Pentagon cannot account for 8.7 billion tax dollars in Iraq funds. Nor do you seem to care that failing corporate conglomerate and financial institutions robbed an estimated 417.6 billion of tax payer dollars in 2008....Where is this money going? Where is the outrage?
Put things into perspective and you start realizing how ridiculous it is to focus all your energy reserves on an incident like this. And of course what is even more ridiculous is your attempt to ignite racial stereotypes on this forum. You should feel ashamed...not everyone is blind to your two-faced agenda.
edit on 28-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This is a small scale theft...yes it's wrong, but it being blown way out of proportion. Many (or most) of our black youth grow up in abominable conditions. They are not educated nor are they likely to find employment seeing that even middle-class workers are now struggling in this economy. I'm not excusing their behavior, but it makes me wonder what your purpose is in producing threads like these.

There are much greater forms of theft and deceit that take place every day. From embezzlement, corporate scams and money laundering. As long as it is within the 'law' it is okay to you, huh?

I guess you don't care that the Pentagon cannot account for 8.7 billion tax dollars in Iraq funds. Nor do you seem to care that failing corporate conglomerate and financial institutions robbed an estimated 417.6 billion dollars of tax payer dollars in 2008....Where is this money going? Where is the outrage?
Put things into perspective and you start realizing how ridiculous it is to focus all your energy reserves on an incident like this. And of course what is even more ridiculous is your attempt to ignite racial stereotypes on this forum. You should feel ashamed...not everyone is blind to your two-faced agenda.
edit on 27-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

stole the words out from under me ...

Corporate theft > youth theft

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
However, when Italians do it with guns, it's perfectly okay. It ends up being glorified in movies and on TV shows.

Pathetic.
edit on 27-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by sonnny1

Do you have anactual # of white and black youth and not a percentage? I guarantee that the 27% of White youth drastically outnumbers the 47% of black youth yet you try to spin it as though the whites don't have it so bad and will eveentually get around to following suit when the actual facts of the numbers show who actually has it worse.

Percentages are B.S. actuall numbers are truth.

edit on 27/6/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

First,we are talking INNER CITY. Do you believe that whites are the MAJORITY living there? Second,MANY people are unemployed,black and white,but I BELIEVE ,when it comes to inner city "black" youth,having a higher unemployment rate.. I have a link a page back,where I got the info. Third,If you want actual,I suggest you take yourself down to the INNER CITY of Chicago,and start asking those "black youths" you see walking around,and ask them if they have jobs,since you want "ACTUAL " numbers. Whats B.S. is you want ME, doing your HOMEWORK for you. There is NO spin brother. Ill take the percentages on this one.

I do believe if white teen youth get to 47% unemployment,you might see the same thing happen. Its about the haves and the have nots. I recently read about a WHITE man robbing a bank for a dollar,so he could get state funded insurance. We are living in dangerous,tough times,wouldn't you say?
edit on 27-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Look at the statistics.

Particularly among black youth, unemployment is very high. Higher than for any other ethnic group of the same age. Secondly, because people living in inner cities are often very poor, there is little incentive for lots of businesses to spring up, and the ones that do, don't make that much money and thus can't hire a lot of people. The residents have less job prospects (plus many lack a car which makes going to and from work much more difficult) because there aren't many businesses nearby to work at. Plus because most of these kids have been unemployed so long if they go look for work in a neighboring community (if they have enough to money to afford transportation) they will likely be turned down because there will be other, more qualified people of the same age with at least some previous work experience.

These kids get older and many do turn to crime because it seems like it is the only way to survive. For Christ's sake the first link you posted said the flash mob stole SANDWICHES and SOFT DRINKS. Sounds absolutely terrible.

In addition these kids are smart. They know that large commercial chain stores can't actually use force to apprehend shoplifters due to liability reasons. Practically everybody knows this, thus stealing from the store is almost seen as a victimeless crime. The store still stays in operation and is managed by the upper management. Nobody who actually works at that store, in that community, loses money. If the store paid them less for getting robbed they would get sued because it would be obviously wrong to do such a thing. Plus, even with these robberies the the corporation still knows that they stand to make more money if they keep the store open and let it get robbed than if they shut it down altogether. Honestly, even though I do disagree with stealing and I think it is morally wrong, these kids really aren't hurting anyone.

They aren't going into stores and busting people up. They aren't stealing wallets from people. They aren't even holding up the cash registers, and with 50-60 people that would be incredibly easy. These are just bored kids with absolutely nothing to do and no way to make money. Unfortunately in our society people are incredibly disillusioned with the political system, especially the poorest and others who would stand to benefit the most from serious change, and don't have the time our resources or willpower to organize politically.

It's not hard to figure this out folks.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd love to know if the French Revolution began with the teens hunting on royal grounds...

Oh yeah, it did.

This is socio-economic, not melatonin based.

A bunch of black thugs steal some refreshments and everybody wants blood.

A bunch of white thugs in designer suits steals BILLIONS in pensions and equity and everybody just wants to forget it.

No racism here folks.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here is an interesting link on (Flash Mob robberies)...it talks about this trend starting in the UK too.

www.dailysquib.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Here is an interesting link on (Flash Mob robberies)...it talks about this trend starting in the UK too.

www.dailysquib.co.uk...

No, it talks about that it could and if it does..

"The fear is that if it takes off in the UK

Crime experts think that flash mob robberies can takeoff in the UK

Right now, seems to be a US criminal trend....
edit on June 28th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If this is an issue of race, and isn't just an issue of juvenile delinquency, then could someone please tell me what is causing these African-American youths to behave in such a manner, and why youths of other ethnic groups are not acting in such a manner? If the cause of the problem can be discovered, then the problem itself can be solved.

Until then I won't believe that this is just an issue of race, because acknowledging the issue as such is intentionally creating an ethnic divide that isn't necessary in an ethnically diverse country.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join