It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I was once at the stage that you're in now. I was at the point where hearing and reading politically incorrect language would actually make me tear up. Looking back, I realize what really upset me deep down was that I didn't want to face the fact that everything I had been told by the media and some 'educators' about a multicultural utopia and black oppression was all a lie and that reality was actually different than they had painted it out to be. What makes me angry now is all the unrealistic and flat out untruthful indoctrination that occurs with the youth growing up today. I guess my only advice is to question everything you're told and don't fear the truth.
edit on 6/28/2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Whilst I agree with nearly every point you make I still think you're wrong.

These kinds of activities are a result of the system we expect people to reside within. We never question it, we've never really changed it all because it works for the majority of us - or at least appears to. These issues are manifestations of underlying social conditions. There is no such thing as criminality in a community that's happy, criminality is born out of a contempt for opposition.

Thereby the criminals are actually our heroes. They're the one taking risks and pointing out how foolish and exploitable our security measures are and they will continue to be so until we, as a society, take an inclusive approach and actually try to deal with these issues.

Why should someone have to pay for a roof over their head, why should a soul that never asked to be born have to live in slavery to someone else? This isn't the 19th century anymore.

And before anyone asks I'm white middle class. I still respect and understand where other peoples rage comes from. I won't fob the blame back on activists when it is the system that's at fault.

BTW love the profile pic, even tho it'll get my post removed I'd totally make a move on you

''These issues are manifestations of underlying social conditions. There is no such thing as criminality in a community that's happy, criminality is born out of a contempt for opposition.''

This is so true.

Your entire comment really moved me. You show great insight and intelligence. You went beyond the basic emotions, beyond the ''this is America'', beyond racism and just faced it.

I rarely(never) blame criminals for anything. Especially with our leaders being the biggest criminals this world has ever seen, but mostly because indeed it has to do with underlying social conditions that we refuse to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by sonnny1

that is bs.

these teens even looking for a job?

they can't do some church work, volunteer, keep busy?

i have a real hard time to believe they can't find some work.

might not be a corner office on wall st. but i washed dishes for years, even under age.

i made my own money when the family fell on hard times.

younger than these kids. how many of you shoveled snow or cut grass? made some good money too.

you can make connections, step up in life but not by hanging with these looters.

especially at that age and these morons don't look that young.

i've done stupid crap too in my life, like everyone but to base this abomination on socio-economic-family bs don't fly.

Just because you have that motivation doesn't mean others have or should have that.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Having read through the majority of these pages, I can see what needs to be done. Mandatory prison time or Juvenile detention for each and every person caught doing this. Minimum 6 months. And increases with doller value of items stolen. Someone gets hurt? Even more time added on.

Also start a campaign against Flash Mob Robberies. With signs for all stores mentioning the minimum terms. "Lose your future in a flash".

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Some people seem to be more concerned about the race of the thieves rather than the actual crime that they have committed.

I don't really see the big deal with these flash-mobs. People ( of all races ) have been shoplifting ever since shops first came into existence. The larger groups that we've seen recently are just a by-product of modern technology and communication; you can gather a group of 50 or so like-minded individuals in a very short space of time with the technologies that are widely available in our society today.

Groups of boys and young men have been brazenly shoplifting long before the internet became prevalent in society. I don't see flash-mobs as anything other than thieves taking the old adage that ''there's safety in numbers'' to an extreme.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No it has nothing to do with race and let me show you how deep all your racial hypocrisy is where was the thread about "Whats wrong with white people" ,when they were tearing up Vancouver over a hockey game. They did the same in Boston and they won. Where was everybody then hollering about you crazy white folks please save it you hypocrites.You have a full blown riot over a hockey game and your whining bout some shoplifting minorities trying to make it a black trend.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Codered88

Please they didn't come out to beat up a white person. They came to rob. I'm sure you posted how white people were crazy in Vancouver, and Boston as well right? Or when an unarmed man was on his back with multiple cops on em yet someone mistakes a taser for a gun and shoots him. Please let your hypocrisy shine some more.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

The MSM ignores the trend...this has been happening everywhere,but after Washington and Las Vegas,they stopped covering it....just thugs with the bits in their teeth,sticking it to the man,just because they can....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It does not matter what race they are , anyone who participates in this type of organized crime should be a target for a bullet . F@#k the PC brigade , the world is teetering on the abyss of anarchy and if we don't stop this crap we will all suffer the consequences . Here In New Zealand we have a huge youth gang problem ever since we stopped corporal punishment at schools and had an anti smacking law passed .
The Maori youth here know their rights and push them to the limits . they can get away with anything whilst they are classed as a youth, all they get is a family conference ( the parents don't give a s#it ) so it perpetuates

It is politically incorrect to name the " indigenous people" (Maori) despite the statistics as the main offenders , but I call a spade a spade , yes some non Maori fall into this demographic but I am speaking about the majority.
This seems a world wide problem, people blame everyone but themselves for the crimes they commit .
Wake up, ! being the smart ass, bad kid at school does not bode well for your future , then to blame it on racism is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just one store clerk with a sawed off and this sort of thing would trend another direction.....but they seem to pick large stores that wouldnt be owned/run by people who work hard for what they have and therefore more likely to defend it...they choose wisley...no clerk in a Walgreens is going to have a 12 under the counter...its seems random but its not

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't know about you

But I see this whole gate solution to the flash mobs is a big mistake

Anyone of those kids could have a gun, and if a cop comes up and a kid shoots, it would be a turkey shoot resulting in 50 dead kids.

I mean just watch that video where they shot some former marine 71 times in his doorway because one of them thought he saw a gun and fired so the rest fired with him. Now imagine 50 people locked inside a box with 1 exit.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Well,there is the thought line that if 50 kids are stealing and one or more has a gun and uses it,then they get what they deserve....if you are committing a crime with someone else,you are all equally guilty so robbery with aggravated assault usually ends with gunfire...and those "50 dead kids" are,in reality,50 dead thugs who were breaking the law....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Let's step away from the social economic & race debates for a second, I 'd like to ask someone who knows the law - what can we charge these criminals with if they're caught (assuming we don't actually execute them on the spot)? I mean beyond shoplifting...can they be charged with participating in "organized crime" or even *gasp* conspiracy?!?
edit on 6/28/2011 by RedParrotHead because: typo

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

So true, not to mention the klu klux klan hanging INNOCENT Black people, or burning churches with little children inside of them when that happened Black people didnt say oh its a white thing. and Is being a serial killer a white trend? because these kids decided to flash mob rob a store they deserve to be killed?WTF. did you forget they where KIDS what did you do as a child? Me personally I stole from a few places but I gotta give it to the teens they where a hell of a lot smarter than me for going in alone. The point is we are all human and at one point we have all done stupid things mostly while in our teenage years. Now if 40 grown black,white,hispanic men did this THEN and only then is it to be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry for double posting but whats this BLACK PEOPLE LOOT, WHITE PEOPLE FIND. I believe this was said during Katrina when black people where reportedly Looting food, and white people where "Finding" food.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

What is going on with "Black teens" is that they are just that; black - in thought, words, and deeds. We forget in this world that words have meaning, and vibrations that effect us deeper than what can be perceived with our intellect. Check out my video: "Has Black Culture Failed?"

Has Black Culture Failed?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Here is one solution:

ID's at the door.

No ID, no admittance.

That is what this is coming to.

This would do absolutely nothing, but waste time and money. Neither of which anybody has any to spare these days. Aside from that, it wouldn't even solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Let's step away from the social economic & race debates for a second, I 'd like to ask someone who knows the law - what can we charge these criminals with if they're caught (assuming we don't actually execute them on the spot)? I mean beyond shoplifting...can they be charged with participating in "organized crime" or even *gasp* conspiracy?!?
edit on 6/28/2011 by RedParrotHead because: typo
Shoplifting and conspiracy to commit shoplifting,both misdemenors is about all...depends on the state...maybe something under RICO

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A tug is a thug...these were not children,they were 20 something adult male thugs.....criminals....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

since when was 20 something considered teens?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join