It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The origin of the term "call a spade a spade" has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the difference between a spade ( a pointed tool for breaking up and removing material) and a shovel ( a flat ended tool used to move material).

The term started during construction of the railroads. A worker using a spade was supposed to be paid a little more because of the extra effort required to break up the ground. Some of the supervisors used to just list people who used spades as shovelers, to get out of paying them that bit extra. So when the supervisor filled out the pay sheets, he was told to "call a spade, a spade instead of a shovel".
In our out of control PC nation we now have to "fear" using that and other once innocent phrases. This racist weapon has got to become passe.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

Not just Black teens, all teens if you want my honest opinion.

Everyone's getting mugged off because people won't stand up for themselves no more....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
First time a store owner starts sending .40 S&W rounds at these hooligans, I think they might change their tune.....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

Death is a pretty strong penalty, but if they're going to take the risks of taking someone's property, they better be ready to face the consequences including death.

After viewing the mods videos, the store owner went after one of the youths and the gang all came back in to attack him. Anybody willing to commit a crime will always go on attack when confronted by the owner. The possible consequence of being confronted by an armed store owner should always be in the back of the minds of anyone trying to commit any kind of crime. Why should the innocent standby and let this happen?

Until shop owners takes a stand, these youth will continue to take advantage in doing this type of robbery. Maybe than they will think twice before doing a bold crime like this. The right to own a gun, keeps these thugs thinking whether or not a home or business is protected by one.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

That's what happens when you come in on a conversation second hand. Just to put in a meager two sense. Voting statistics has to do with black people all voting for Barrack Obamz,a not the make up of the flash mob which you don't know of which was all black show me their names or ethnicity.

You cant cause they surely didn't catch them all and as another poster proved with the Jewish guy who robbed the Pharmacy for meds a video with black or white face on is doesn't mean thats the people they represent

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Codered88

No they weren't but keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep ok. But thank you for inadvertently proving my point all I saw was a pale skinned fella and i assumed he was white. But apparently he is Jewish, which guess what makes no difference he is still white to me. Now press ctrl + alt +del two times and you'll see something real cool

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe this has to do with it...

Black Unemployment Jumps To Depression Levels

CBS News reports that the unemployment rate among African-Americans in the United States is now at 16.2 percent, according to the most recent data compiled by the US Department of Labor. The unemployment rate for black males is 17.5 percent; for black teenagers, it's an astonishing 41 percent.

34 percent of New York's young black men age 19 to 24 are not working."

But guess, most of these people still support Obama because he's black. People need to get the hell over race... Please?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
reply to post by Codered88

No they weren't but keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep ok. But thank you for inadvertently proving my point all I saw was a pale skinned fella and i assumed he was white. But apparently he is Jewish, which guess what makes no difference he is still white to me. Now press ctrl + alt +del two times and you'll see something real cool

Can you point out where the different races were in the videos, the ones committing the crimes? Since this seems to be a factor about this crime that you are discounting completely.

Also, do you not see the absolute insult you just made (to those who may be offended), while blasting others for being racists (in so many words)...

But apparently he is Jewish, which guess what makes no difference he is still white to me

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe this has to do with it...

Black Unemployment Jumps To Depression Levels

CBS News reports that the unemployment rate among African-Americans in the United States is now at 16.2 percent, according to the most recent data compiled by the US Department of Labor. The unemployment rate for black males is 17.5 percent; for black teenagers, it's an astonishing 41 percent.

34 percent of New York's young black men age 19 to 24 are not working."

But guess, most of these people still support Obama because he's black. People need to get the hell over race... Please?

So, because of that....they feel the need to organize via their technology (which is NOT cheap) and go in and steal things that they dont need? Remember, they are not robbing Walmart, Target, The Good Will or grocery stores...but mid/high end retailers along with convenience stores....

If they can afford cell phones, cell plans and the means to communicate...surely they can afford to BUY themselves some lunch and visit the Good Will or Walmart (or some other type retailer) and get a pair of shoes or clothing...by purchasing it....

edit on June 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The shop owners should definitely start putting bullets in the head's of these trash

I don't have any sympathy for them, and after doing all this they are just animals that need to be put down.

If they act human, they'll get respect, but act like rabid animals, and a bullet is all they are worth

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by James1982
Just make it legal to shoot these thieves. I see no problem with that.

More reason we don't need a restriction on magazine capacity, you can't shoot down 30 thieves if you only have 10 in your mag.

Put a sign out front "ARMED guard, WILL shoot thieves" Problem solved, trash taken off the streets too.

it is in Texas, if someone is robbing you car you can shoot them.

There were some dope fiends going around stealing copper, they started to steal off this guys work truck, he went out there and fired at them, and hit 2 of the 4, killing one instantly with a headshot.

No jail time, no charges, no wasted tax dollars.
Dang, harsh penalty for theft, DEATH. That guy appointed himslef judge, jury, and executioner. Not sure how I feel about this.

See this is the end result some people on this thread want played out with those kids running into Walgreens, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Could this imply today's youth have no respect for authority? OMG! How could that have happened?

Flash mobs seem to be a new trend. These flash mobs were proceeded by "drive thru's" (my term). A truck backs through a plate glass window, half a dozen kids fill the truck bed with anything they can grab and then climb in the back and skedaddle. I've only heard of white or hispanic kids doing this here, not many blacks where I've lived.

Ungrateful kids...Government gives them food stamps to buy all the toxic food they can tolerate, Section 8 housing filled with friendly rats and cockroaches, some of the worst schools in the western world, TV for entertainment that I wouldn't wish on anyone...anywhere . Why aren't they grateful?

If I wanted to create a generation of worthless, self centered, violent individuals...I'd just follow the US inner city model. We no more try to make useful citizens out of the inner city kids than we try to rehabilitate Inmates.

I'm honestly surprised we aren't seeing more of this. I expect we will.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It seems they should be easy to catch, get one, you got them all, simply by looking them up by their phone records.

Hunt them down and arrest them, and they should do serious time for this type of mob activity. If a group of these teens beat up some guy, they should all get 10 years for such a crime.

I think this article states one of the truths.

chicagoist.com...

Business owners in the area have been on heightened alert for months that these assaults and robberies of businesses are the results of coordinated "flash mobs." We've also had readers email us either directly via the tips inbox or directly, asking why there's been minimal, at best, coverage of these "flash mobs."

This is something that news should be telling people about. Not only to give people a chance to protect themselves, but to warn youth that if they get caught in such a situation, they will pay heavily for it.

If you don't have a gun, you should be able to plow them down with your car.

Just another example of how PC screws things up for everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm 45 years old and when I was in high school I remember white kids would steal beer and liquor this way but with a twist. It would be a gang of them walking into a 7-11 with a gullible black friend to distract the clerk with his presence. Folks please lets not act as if this gang thievery is a black thing because I'm sure there are people on this thread who if they're honest can remember things like this happening back in the day. This didn't just start happening but now it's making mainstream news.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That's exactly my point, thank you. Some people don't seem to get it till its presented in a different light. Don't take these incidents concerning these ill spawn of ethnic backgrounds none of you knows for sure, and try to broad stroke it to a whole race of people. Separate from the fact most are black. They aren't a representation of all black teens. Its those black teens in Philly.

Another poster posted stories around the US where other separate crimes committed in separate cities, anybody can do that. I can go through the net and pick up similar unrelated stories to and make a chain to prove a non existent point. If anything, being economically lower on the totem poll from the start should serve as a warning sign of where the US is gonna be heading as the economy continues to tank and unemployment rises

Some people say the items they are stealing show they arent trying to fill their little bellies. You ever buy an item that "fell of the truck". You get more money for high end items than if you stole shoes from pay-less or bread from a bakery.

But somehow those teens most of which can't even vote and those that caught now have a criminal record, are gonna vote Obama next election. Even if all black people voted for a Obama it doesn't put him in the chair. The majority voted him in. The majority can take him back out if they so choose.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

The biggest problem I see, is that as long as they get buy with this, as long as the media continues to ignore this problem, it will get worse.

As long as these groups continue to get by with this behavior, more and more young people are going to join in these events.

If this was groups of white kids ganging up on blacks, or some other ethnicity, it would be headline news across the nation.

The PC approach to this creates far more problems.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i was gonna type 'gas chambers'

but i didnt.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thought provoking question and one that strikes very close to home (Philly).

It certainly has to do with the economy, education, and law enforcement cracking down on the streets....

If you think about it, there is logic behind these flash mobs, especially if they are stealing in bulk for multiple recipients. Kinda like Robin hood and his crew, stealing from the rich to give to the poor. If 40 people roll into this Sears store and only 14 get caught, then the majority of the thieves are getting away and distributing accordingly. I am in no way condoning their acts, but it is funny to see the law of numbers being utilized (unlawfully) by our nations youth.
If you learn just one thing from this it should be that we (middle class+) haven't seen the worst yet, and those on the lower end of the totem pole are already resorting to looting for a means of getting by. Or it's just a bunch of modern day idiots doing what they do best....being idiots.

edit on 6/27/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

well then go ahead, link a chain of event's where "majority" white youth are a using flash mobs to rob local businesses and attack people.

I'm not painting an entire race with one broad stroke however, statistically speaking it just seems a lil one sided doncha tink.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The way the economy is going, it won't be just black teens too much longer.

Look for all races, and all ages. Look for it in grocery stores as well.

doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom

Unfortunately this is true. Flash mobs can organize a group of like minded criminals quickly. Police have no chance of getting there in time unless they already ARE there. The only defense will be to monitor the communications organizing the mobs, but this goes against privacy rights. Now it is kids in Walmart stealing food. And grocery stores. Soon it will be home invasions gangs showing up at personal residences. Our laws and ways of fighting crime need to change with the times.
Something I would not traditionally advocate...everyone should be armed in self defense.
But would an armed citizen get anything but killed or a lawsuit if he attempted to help out and shot one of the robbers? It is best to be armed in your home and car.
edit on 27-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join