It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

That's priceless.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think the further you enter the deeper it gets. Standing in the pipeline filling in time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You can "sell" your soul to the dark side.
I did when I was a teenager, did it work?
Well, yeah, I guess it did.
My own choice was to not do anything with what I got.

I often wonder what will happen when I die?

Was it my own imagination? Did I already have the "power" I sold my soul for?

Only death will tell.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I only read the OP, but I have to say I don't believe in fairy tales but if there is a way to sell your soul to something I would totally take that offer.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I guess it may be possible. I could ask Satan but he or she or whatever form the devil took might lie to me. I find it to be a bit alarming that one of my relatives said she saw Satan watching me and my brother at an early age. Then she said she saw him in our house a few times when I was a teenager. I never met anyone who called themselves the devil. I have met a number of female devils and some girls who seem temporarily possessed. They don't always try to make a deal. Sometimes they just start seeing how far they can go. If they are a good looking female devil, I might be a devil too or get possessed. In that case, I guess you could say the devil made me do it. I don't like making shady deals with any devil.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As a Christian I think I should have some kind of answer to that question. But I don't know that I do.

I can't think of any examples of people in the Bible who are described as selling their soul to the devil. I think the whole concept might have been made up.

From a biblical perspective, you belong to the kingdom of darkness until you accept Christ, at which point you are brought into His kingdom.

If there is such a thing as selling your soul irrevocably to the devil, I imagine that Christians are not supposed to enquire into such things. I suspect the reality however, is more complex. I suspect that you cannot belong any more to the devil than you do as an unbeliever. If you do believe the gospel, you can't belong to the devil.

If you believe that the devil exists, then that seems to imply you believe the Bible. I can only recommend reading that to try and get an answer to your question. Many of the letters Paul wrote go into these things.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4). All you have to do to ensure Satan takes your soul is reject the gift of eternal salvation offered to you by Christ!

Instead quoting an very old book, Why don´t try and think for yourself and quote your own thoughts. That will be more interesting at least for me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hm, I would think that in order to sell your soul to the devil, it would first have to be some kind of definable otherworldly commodity with a specific value range. Thus, what use would it be, what form would it take, and what range of value would a soul have? It is after all an item in a trade, and the buyer would need a use for it to want it in the first place. Bartering for whatever you want in exchange is one thing, but what use is your soul to the devil in the end?

I think selling one's soul is more a power of suggestion than an actual act. If it motivates, it will help accomplish anything you want.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I guess it may be possible. I could ask Satan but he or she or whatever form the devil took might lie to me. I find it to be a bit alarming that one of my relatives said she saw Satan watching me and my brother at an early age. Then she said she saw him in our house a few times when I was a teenager. I never met anyone who called themselves the devil. I have met a number of female devils and some girls who seem temporarily possessed. They don't always try to make a deal. Sometimes they just start seeing how far they can go. If they are a good looking female devil, I might be a devil too or get possessed. In that case, I guess you could say the devil made me do it. I don't like making shady deals with any devil.

I think you're cousin was playing with your head....hopefully.

On the topic of the thread.....I don't think its wise to invite any dark spirits in your life, whatever you may want to call them. Selling your soul to a dark force..for what? dark power?.....seems all very heavy, and hardly worth it.
edit on 27-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Satan ain't buying, he gets it all for free. So all the smug athiests can smirk and smile all they want, those who believe will have done all they can to get the word out, ultimatly it all hinges on a certain belief in God....... no God, then it equates to no devil either. I chose life .... I am the Way, the Alpha and Omega.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You obviously didnt know what you were doing then...

Read Crowleys "Magick: in theory and practice".....

You seem to have an immature, childish understanding of what "angels" or "demons" are. I dont blame you. Most people have naive/confused ideas of what they are. You ask the average person what "spiritual" means, and theyll saying everything and anything but "non-tangible reality". Therefore your mind and your emotions is whats meant by the word spirit. Mathematics is a spiritual activity.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I sold my soul to various fast food restaurant chains. So, why not to the devil?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe it depends on your views and beliefs.

I for one believe in God and I believe that he created me and my spirit.

Therefore, I think that while someone may believe that they can sell there soul to the devil, the contract would be null and void since you don't actually own your soul. It is property of God and you can't legally sell something that does not belong to you or withpout the consent of the items actual owner.

Just my opinion.

Then again it is said that the great blues guitarist Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil, and boy could he play guitar.....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
He sold his soul to the devil and all he got was a beer at the basement of a college party? That blows dude!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of when I read this was the show Supernatural and people make deals with the crossroads demons.

On whether this is actually possible or not, I've never met anyone that has claimed this. But some of the most successful people in the world sure are great candidates of people who may have actually done it, if it is possible.

Think of like the Kennedy's and all the tragedy that has struck that family, definitely something to think about.

link   

edit on 27-6-2011 by geraldcole because: Double post.

link   
Where's that bloody scientist when you need him?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I flashed on a Soul Stock exchange, with angels and demons in the pit, buying and selling.

My guess is, modern souls are down, and the market is pretty volatile right now, as the Christian Church started selling phony derivatives....

It's a buyers market, I'm certain.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Yes I myself had a similar experience. It took nearly 3 months and daily dedication although at the time I had no clue who or what i was dealing with. I could provide PLENTY of detail but I wouldnt want to waste my time considering that no one may read this reply.
They always work in groups, affect your way of thinking and offer you the world...of course they prey on the younger crowd as I was 25 at the time. I was vulnerable, available and most importantly willing to try anything. Its to bad Jesus doesnt come around giving awesome offers of special powers and some $$$ like these guys do.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If you are prepared to do anything to succeed then you will. Selling your soul is the process by which you purge your morality and compassion to do what ever it takes to accumulate wealth, fame and power. Murder, extortion, betrayal, theft and deceit are the tools used to climb over anyone and everyone in order to get what you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join