It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Don't know if God will punish me for the previous experience I shared before this post, and don't know if he'll punish me for this coming detail...I'm not sure if people are suppose to know all this?

Anyways...

My grandfather, who also was a spiritually enlightened person like me, told me when I was very young that he could see people that passed away, and that he could even speak with them. He said that sometimes the devil himself showed up right before him...

I took on this story as if it was a fairy tale, that my grandpa wanted to scare me with - and so, he began to explain:

"Look now son, you've might have heard all kinds of fairy tales and bed time horror stories about the devil, but let me just clear some things out; nr 1. he ain't no monster looking creature, nr 2. he is well spoken, articulate, and has manners as long as you don't piss him off.., nr 3. he is also well dressed, with an elegant, classic black suit, with a shiny top hat, and a black cane, nr 4. however, even though he is elegantly dressed, he still has one clear identifier that marks him out of the crowd - his left leg is that of an ox with a hoof, and nr.5 he can change shape at will, and look like anything and anyone. "He once appeared to me as a small girl, sitting on a pile of fire wood I just had chopped - "our dog reacted to his presence and started growling, and he told me immediately "if that dog comes even one inch closer, he dies" I cursed at him and told him to go to hell, to which, he just laughed...

and let me tell you...he is very real, people just can't see him."

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon404
If there is a soul and devil then in theory it is possible. The problem is making the deal. So supposing that Satan is real and a soul is real examining problems in contracting with devil can shed light on why and how to make a deal.

So taking in the old adage as in heaven so on earth. If the basic principles in heaven are reflected on earth, then our basic theories of contract would apply to Satan just as much as it would to us. So what are the basic principles?

In our American common law those principles are Offer, Acceptance, and Consideration.

The easiest parts are the offer and consideration. The offer would be the soul in exchange for say wealth. However, I doubt "wealth" or "fame" would be specific enough for a contract. You would need to be more specific. Say such as the soul for a million dollars. This would be sufficient definite terms for an offer.

The next easiest part is the consideration which hypothetically would be the soul and the million dollars.

The difficult part would be consent and acceptance. First, how would Satan make a counter offer? Furthermore, to really have consent to the Contract you need to have enough knowledge of what you are trading. If someone doesn't truly believe in a soul, doesn't fully understand the extent of it, etc. then can they truly give consent? Under our system it would likely not be upheld (but does only the most basic principles apply or would Satan fall under our "legal jurisdiction").

I tend to think jurisdiction is a basic principle of law. Would it be fair to hold someone accountable to laws they have little to no knowledge of? (such as whatever divine law would be?) If so then our laws would apply, and therefore most people who would be willing to trade their souls would likely be held to not have sufficient compentancy to accept something in exchange for their soul, and this is accounting for the fact there is no protection for bad deals.

Even if there is no protection for competancy in this divine contract, then there is still a real question of if most deals are truly an offer or acceptance. Most people say so jokingly, under duress (does that count?), and furthermore would likely rescind their offer if Satan would truly pop up in front of them as depicted in our legends. At the very least most people would rescind, even devout atheists since this would confirm atleast some proof of divinity and a person would likely rethink about what they are offering. Basically, you would need to have someone who has full faith in the existence and sufficient knowledge of their soul to offer up their soul for Satan to accept. The problem I see with this is that most of those people are religious persons, and would not take the deal.

So I guess, If a person truly wants to see if this is possible they would have to find 'religion' and believe in a soul, then they would be able to offer/accept a deal from Satan for it. Fortunately, if this is possible most of us lack the devotion to belief in a soul to enter into this contract at the time we want to make it. To truly test this theory one would need to find someone who genuinely believes in a soul (and that requires a person who believes in the ideas espoused by the True Religion).

I don't think we will anytime soon get a major believer of their religion to offer their souls in trade for earthly goods. Just the requirement of true belief makes it impossible to determine, so only a positive outcome can give an answer, and a negative outcome would simply leave two conclusions and no definite conclusion (person was not a true believer/there is no deal with the devil one can make).

So for those truly religious, I guess they need to be wary about making those deals, and those that don't believe need to worry less (even in the event this deal is possible).

As for me personally, I am religious and while I have tried to make those deals, and while they failed. I can say that my faith is wanting, and nearly absent in those times that I made those deals. There is very little way to ever prove it, unless you found a person who successfully made the deal, and that is probably almost as futile to prove as it is to disprove the deal can exist.

As even the part of me that doubts in religion at times, when I am thinking rationally says that if such a deal is possible it would always be a bad idea since it would be trading an infinite resource for a finite resource. One is far more valuable to anyone who can contemplate.

As personal opinion, I further wonder how much Satan would truly accept from someone who met the above terms and wanted to enter a deal. Since, this person would very likely go to hell (under Judeo-Christian religions) anyway. I honestly doubt that one would get a significant award. Honestly, how much would you offer to pay a person for land that you would almost certaintly inherit? The full value? Half? Less? Figuring your refusal to buy doesn't change the outcome... I doubt I would give much more than a pittance for it. Certaintly not more than 20%.

In the end, I think it is possible to make this deal, but for the vast majority of us we lack the competancy required to enter that contract.

Do you even believe anything you just said or are you trolling everyone?

And why in hell does god and satan have to be people that can think for themselves?! Only organic living matter does, im sure that if the 99.9999% chance that god does exist, and he is a human being, and he thinks for himself, why on earth would he change his plan of the universe just to stop everything for 1 second and listen to what you have to say?

Oh because you are conscious you are more special than a bug or a tree or a bacterium? Oh because you got bills to pay and your kids are annoying you the universe must change to fit YOUR needs? What about the 15,000+ people STARVING from the LACK of food and water and simple human care and attention, I would think that they would be a hell of a lot sooner of gods request list than some american with obviously a good enough life to have access to a computer and time on his hands to talk to strangers on a piece of technology.

Everyone is good and evil, deal with it. All the ""evil""acts are not really even that evil anyways, like killing someone... that happens to other species constantly, it is just a big bar-room brawl out there since the beginning of time, not to mention EVERYTHING in the animal kingdom KILLS and EATS everything else with its FACE. Dolphins rape people/other species, and trees cause fires, it just happens.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Japosha
Don't know if God will punish me for the previous experience I shared before this post, and don't know if he'll punish me for this coming detail...I'm not sure if people are suppose to know all this?

Anyways...

My grandfather, who also was a spiritually enlightened person like me, told me when I was very young that he could see people that passed away, and that he could even speak with them. He said that sometimes the devil himself showed up right before him...

I took on this story as if it was a fairy tale, that my grandpa wanted to scare me with - and so, he began to explain:

"Look now son, you've might have heard all kinds of fairy tales and bed time horror stories about the devil, but let me just clear some things out; nr 1. he ain't no monster looking creature, nr 2. he is well spoken, articulate, and has manners as long as you don't piss him off.., nr 3. he is also well dressed, with an elegant, classic black suit, with a shiny top hat, and a black cane, nr 4. however, even though he is elegantly dressed, he still has one clear identifier that marks him out of the crowd - his left leg is that of an ox with a hoof, and nr.5 he can change shape at will, and look like anything and anyone. "He once appeared to me as a small girl, sitting on a pile of fire wood I just had chopped - "our dog reacted to his presence and started growling, and he told me immediately "if that dog comes even one inch closer, he dies" I cursed at him and told him to go to hell, to which, he just laughed...

and let me tell you...he is very real, people just can't see him."

Yeah, he told you that when you were young, my dad told me all kinds a crap

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'd say you are what you think you are. If you really think from your heart that you sold your soul to the devil you will definitely succeed in it depending on the level of your devotion and passion. Human spiritual evolution is increasingly allowing us to manifest our collective and individual thoughts more easily - in fact I think more and more people are effectively "trading" there souls with demons nowadays, especially influential people. You could say that Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and many other such "great leaders" did it to help their people but it didn't turn out so well.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Well, my grandma from my father's side had the same ability - to be able to see and talk to dead people. She saw the devil too - and described him exactly the same as my grandpa did (from my mom's side)

In my family there are a lot of spiritually enlightened people - I'm one of many. I however cannot see the dead, nor speak with them. What I mean with spiritually enlightened, is that I can sense energies, who is devotedly evil, and who is good, see bits and pieces of the future, but not at will - they're just shown when I least expect it.. And if I go to an old castle somewhere, I can sense whether torture took place, if the spirits still reside there, and if it there is an evil presence.

I have extensive knowledge of people I've just met (or never met before in my life), or just see passing down the street. I'm able to pinpoint very easily their behavior, how old they are, what they like, if they're married, in love, pissed off, and all sorts of things. This has helped me a lot in life, I can tell you...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
but back to topic..

I don't think you can sell your soul - You might feel "free" as a spirit, but as a whole, the soul belongs to God, who owns us all.

I know and understand this through my own experiences. You cannot sell your soul, but you can give an oath to serve the devil in fortitude, for all times, in exchange for denying the existence of Christ, proclaiming love for profanity, obscenity, and blasphemy against God.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Japosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Japosha

How do you reconcile reincarnation with judgement?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Seeing as I don't believe in the devil, or in the fact that we have souls; no.

The whole notion seems absurd

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I do it everyday, I pay taxes to a corrupt government who I affectionately call "The Antichrist"

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Japosha

Well, my grandma from my father's side had the same ability - to be able to see and talk to dead people. She saw the devil too - and described him exactly the same as my grandpa did (from my mom's side)

In my family there are a lot of spiritually enlightened people - I'm one of many. I however cannot see the dead, nor speak with them. What I mean with spiritually enlightened, is that I can sense energies, who is devotedly evil, and who is good, see bits and pieces of the future, but not at will - they're just shown when I least expect it.. And if I go to an old castle somewhere, I can sense whether torture took place, if the spirits still reside there, and if it there is an evil presence.

I have extensive knowledge of people I've just met (or never met before in my life), or just see passing down the street. I'm able to pinpoint very easily their behavior, how old they are, what they like, if they're married, in love, pissed off, and all sorts of things. This has helped me a lot in life, I can tell you...

Ya, its called the 3rd eye, everyone has one

That thing that makes you feel special though is called '___', it is the chemical that makes you feel those psychic feelings, also the one that makes you sleep at night. Its one of the most powerful hallucinogens known to man.

In my opinion, everybody that claims to be talking to jesus or aliens or ghosts or spirits, are really just under the influence of this chemical at that point in time. Because when smoked or injected, you can talk to jesus, or aliens; it is the most powerful reality pill you can take, and it cures 90% of heavy drug addicts and alcoholics on 1st time use. Also it is the same chemical your brain releases when you are in near death exp or dead, you see clouds and you are flying through the universe.

Might want to think about that whenever you get those feelings

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Seeing as I don't believe in the devil, or in the fact that we have souls; no.

The whole notion seems absurd

It really does, people are gullible

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Can '___' manifest holes in peoples palms--hole which you can see through?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes and here is a famous court case to prove it. Sorry, I can't embed the video here. It is protected for a good reason.

devil lawsuit
edit on 28-6-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon404

I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. To presume that the devil would conform to man-made laws so as to be able to hall him into a court in your local jurisdiction is beyond odd. I highly doubt the devil would be bound by our notions of fair play and substantial justice.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dn4cer2000

This is my opinion, my reality. So of course could be different than your reality.

Opinion does not make something a reality. There are many opinions on what is reality , and hopefully reality will make itself very clear someday , to show who's opinions were closer to the truth of things.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My philosophy is "why risk it"?

What if God is real?That's what I think about.

People say "God let's good people die"?How do we know death is a bad thing?We live only to die.It sucks but it's true.

As for selling your soul to the Devil...why do people say it?Why do people who are famous say it?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
From what i have learned, i believe selling your soul is sort of impossible. i believe we all have an immortal soul, and at least part of that soul inhabits our bodies, while other parts of it inhabit others. Make Sense? basically, the immortal part of us is like the devil, or even god. how would we, in our human bodies, offer up our immortal soul?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

thats a col way of thinking man!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm not gullible. In fact, I'm probably the exact opposite of gullible. I require substantial evidence before begging to believe something.

And since I have seen no evidence as to the existence of the devil, or the existence of a soul, I do not believe they are real

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The best way to sell your soul to the devil is to do like almost everybody: don't trust your own consciousness anymore. This way, your consciousness will fall into its lowest status and anger, greed, jealousy, violence, disrespect, arrogance, to only name a few, will become predominant.

edit on 29-6-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join