It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Ok...I get what you are saying.....I think that may be entirely possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If so, satan would strike a deal with one who's soul he has not won yet.

I believe you can, also not just with a simple "i give you my soul" but with a contract. It would be sad once one have sold his soul for the few years of awesomeness on earth to realize there "was" an eternal heaven awaiting. I'll give it a skip...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it's certainly possible in the context of being a sociopath. You can take advantage of anyone, for any reason (within the parameters of the law) and feel no guilt or remorse for it.

Actually selling your soul to some omniscient fallen angel who wants to torture you for eternity in an afterlife? probably not in a tangible sense that believers would probably think. I'm sure if you seriously believe there's a devil and you willingly make a pact with said devil in a psychosomatic capacity - then i'm sure that has some sort of effect on your perception therefore quality of life. Amass riches, fame and good fortune? I doubt it.

Interesting thread :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think the sort of mindset required for someone to believe they really have interacted w/ Satan does actually open up some doors creatively and perhaps make you willing to step on a few extra toes professionally to gain advantage. It's also common for folks of this ilk to be, at the very least, experimental drug users and typically chronic drinkers. This would include myself, I tried to summon him too......didn't work......but I swear to god he played my guitar for me one time when I was recording.......I didn't write this #....my hands just started doing it.....

Anyway, I've no real reason to currently believe that such a transaction is possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

How old is he? How old was he when he made the pact? All contracts with minors under the age of 18 are voidable by the minor.
In all seriousness, your friend probably needs help/was looking for attention.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I have always giggled with myself over this idea as far back as I can remember. Recursive fractals of divine humor have left their silly little fingerprints on everything everywhere. This particular postulation is definitely a favorite

For me what makes it so entertaining is that it has this beguiling ability to seem crafted by some dark-age
dull-normal with a penchant for the theatrical. At the same time it is most obviously a masterpiece echoing the brilliance of possibility so evident in Discordianism or the DaDa Zen trixters. Great stuff!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI
reply to post by Monts

I have always giggled with myself over this idea as far back as I can remember. Recursive fractals of divine humor have left their silly little fingerprints on everything everywhere. This particular postulation is definitely a favorite

For me what makes it so entertaining is that it has this beguiling ability to seem crafted by some dark-age
dull-normal with a penchant for the theatrical. At the same time it is most obviously a masterpiece echoing the brilliance of possibility so evident in Discordianism or the DaDa Zen trixters. Great stuff!!!!!

I gave you a star because I have no idea what this means, but I'm sure its interesting!
edit on 27-6-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It makes me think about this quote and about why people would choose to sell their soul for a reason like what I mentioned in the first place.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" – Epicurus

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
of course you can sell your soul...
but you just don't go to mr. satans house and offer it for a trade. you have to live a lifestyle that is selfish and destructive. like rockstars for example...meaningles #s with groupies, lots of drugs and they think they are the kings of the world... after a few years living like that your soul will be empty. your fame is gone, you look like # because of all the drugs, have stds and no soulmate, no real friends...this is when you realise you have no soul no more...
the short way is to use drugs like crack, heroine...look at all these junkie creatures, do they look like they have a soul in them? they sold it to get high for a few minutes...and everytime they smoked crack, a little bit of their soul got lost...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
hmmm..my son sold me his soul when he was eight for two bucks

I made him write it down on a piece of paper.
One day when he was around 14 he was sort of getting lippy with me in front of his friends, so I casually told him he should watch it cause I own his soul

He started freakin' out, so I went to go show him the paper , and all his friends laughed so hard, and he was right po'd.

He wanted to know how he could get it back, so we played a game of one on one in basketball...and he won his soul back. It was well worth the two bucks for the sheer entertainment of it.
(if he had of lost the BB game, I would have gotten to pick his wife
)

I'm glad he won it back....if such a thing even exists.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nato28

That's called giving into baser and more primitive instincts and one's own impulsive nature. Selfish desires almost seem to be natural. And if someone has the money and the luxury to indulge their selfish desires, then that's just what they seem to do.

People who live these types of lifestyles had a different path of life experiences than you or someone else did, so they may not really have the willpower, motivation, or know-how to curb their impulses. And in a materialistic world that is driven by the almighty dollar, those types of lifestyles are almost encouraged.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You can not sell what you do not own.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:4

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
hmmm..my son sold me his soul when he was eight for two bucks

I made him write it down on a piece of paper.
One day when he was around 14 he was sort of getting lippy with me in front of his friends, so I casually told him he should watch it cause I own his soul

He started freakin' out, so I went to go show him the paper , and all his friends laughed so hard, and he was right po'd.

He wanted to know how he could get it back, so we played a game of one on one in basketball...and he won his soul back. It was well worth the two bucks for the sheer entertainment of it.
(if he had of lost the BB game, I would have gotten to pick his wife
)

I'm glad he won it back....if such a thing even exists.

Wasn't that an episode of the Simpsons?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think the old Zoroasterian notion of good and evil fighting it out over the dominion of mankind via a set of arcane rules is more entertaining and easier to understand for people with lower intelligence and a difficulty with irony. Most grown ups, however, understand that "good" and "evil" are two sides of the same coin, and it all depends on your personal perspective how you choose to label one over the other.

So, no. You don't really even have a "soul" you could "sell" to some manifestation of what you consider evil for worldly fame and riches, etc. And the rules of life that people play by regarding treating other human beings fairly are pretty flexible, depending on the situation. Randomness and chaos will rule your life more than you could ever do yourself by making decisions. And metaphorically giving or selling your soul to an angel or devil isn't going to make that much difference in the end when you're dead and gone.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Wasn't that an episode of the Simpsons?

I'm sure that's where he got the idea...I didn't have time to watch much of the simpsons back in those days.

Wherever he got the idea..my aunt thought I was just the biggest fool for buying into it...but I knew I'd get my two bucks worth of entertainment from it...and I did.

edit on 27-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I was thinking about this idea earlier today and this thread is a good place to put my theory.

Sure, you can "sell" your soul to the Devil. Since I believe we create the world we live in, we can create a devil and create some kind of contract to sell yourself/soul to. This is your own personal sales agreement. Just as self-motivation can make you a better person, you can also think that selling your sould has happened. Kind of a personal placebo. If you believe it - it is stronger.

I believe this. Evil and bad are like big, scary drops on a roller coaster. You're on the ride, you're in for all it can throw at you. YOU can be scared - or YOU can take control of yourself and enjoy the drops, hills, turns and eventual end. The problem is - you choose to feel what you feel and if YOU need to create some "contract" to get by, so be it. But I truly believe it is self-constructed and only YOU are aware of your own personal choices.

Sell your soul - but you are only selling it to yourself. Now, I also believe strongly in God but that we are all part of the energy that is God and we are simply all sensory perceptions for God to learn, grow, evolve. Satan was a man-made entity that somehow grew tenticles and evolved into some part of group-think that sells the "protection" that organized religion sells its constituants. We just need each other - we need to enjoy life and not sell our souls to some personal demon to get by. Just GET BY no matter what life throws at you.
edit on 27-6-2011 by bonaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes... it is the only reasonable explanation for Lady Gaga's success.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think it does to a point...... An example would be some on in a band sells out to the industry, makes the record companies allot of money, and then all of the sudden they Fall over dead from a drug overdose, heart attack, or some other random #...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That, right there.

If serious,

is what everybody is looking for.

Love for your brethren.

If only all the religions/ peoples could agree on that.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I don't know whether the "devil" is an actual entity or whether the word "devil" is just used symbolically to describe the lower nature of man. I'm still undecided about how I feel on that one, but my answer to this question is "yes." I do think it's possible to sell your soul to the devil. Artists in the music industry slip hints into songs that most people just shrug off as nothing, but in reality I believe that they are trying to reveal a very dark side of the industry that the public will probably never get see/experience.

Here's what Omarion had to say about it:

I don’t personally know Rihanna’s beliefs but I think there’s a very dark and very sinister part of the entertainment business and I think it’s very visible,” he said. “This is something that a lot of people don’t look at [but for example] Michael Jackson used to be a Jehovah’s Witness and I remember hearing that he wanted to separate from the religion — and this was during the time that he was doing ‘Thriller’ [which ended up being] his biggest album.”
Fast forward to now [and] it really made me think that there is a [time as an artist] where there’s going to be a choice. The[entertainment] world [dictates] that you have to be with three or four women, or do this in order to get that [and] I think it’s really interesting. With God and the industry, it’s really dark. The dark side is having to get in, there’s a certain submission you need to have. Just like a gang [initiation], so to speak. You might have to do something against your moral code. I’m not saying that it’s always this way, but when you’re someone that is young and you’re coming up in the industry and you really don’t have a grip on your morals it can be very dark. The game is just about over saturation.
I don’t know if Rihanna [has fallen victim to those pressures]. I’ve never really heard her speak about it. I hope that she doesn’t believe in that stuff and I don’t think that she does, but I don’t know. It’s not just been a Rihanna thing, [there's has been religious speculation] about a lot of artists.

www.theprophetblog.net...

Here's a link to a video with Katy Perry, Bob Dylan, and Kanye West all saying that they sold their souls. Apparently Bob made a bargain with "the god on this earth." You can even hear him begin to say the word "devil" but he cuts it off like "I made a bargain with the d-." This is a very good video to watch
youtu.be...

And lastly you should watch this youtube video of a song by Eminem called "My Darling". It has the lyrics and it's basically the "devil" telling him to go back to the old days of pill-popping and making bad decisions. It's actually quite chilling and you should listen to the entire song. I don't think there will be any question that "selling your soul" is a possibility.

And the dark shall emerge from the fiery depths of hell
and swallow the shallow the hallow who dwell
In the shadows of all who are willing to sell their souls
For this rap game and it ga ga goes

youtu.be...

edit on 27-6-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join