It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just a question I have been thinking about for a few days now... thanks to a comment someone made to me at a party.

I didn't really know anybody at the party- I was there with my girlfriend, and they were all her friends and their friends. Towards the end of the party, I found myself chilling down in the basement of the house talking with this guy I had been hangin around with for the most part of the night.

I had heard him say a few times, "If I live and make it to 30 years old, something's gone wrong or I've done something wrong", although I just assumed this to be a joke in reference to his care-free-party-spirit. As I was sitting in the basement with him (while the rest of the people were checking up on someone in the bathroom), he looked at me straight in the eyes, and said in a somewhat casual tone,

"You know Monts, I sold my soul to the Devil."

I kind of giggled and laughed, assuming it was a joke.

"No man, it's true, I actually did."

I kind of stopped giggling when I realized he was still staring at me, and seemed to be serious about his claim.

"Okay," I said, "So how do you go about selling your soul to the devil?"

"It's a complicated process," he said, "and it takes a long time and dedication too"

After this, the rest of the troop came down and the subject obviously changed to something a little less weird.

So, do you think it's possible for someone to do such a thing as "sell their soul" to someone; possibly the devil, Satan, or some malevolent spirit?

Do you think, if you are more on the skeptical side, that by somehow embracing and practicing the conceptual "dark side" of humanity, you can attain power over people, immense riches, or other materialistic things (while paying a price of course)?

edit on 26/6/1111 by Monts because: spelling/grammar

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have offered it many times. Tempting the overlords doesn't always seem to work.

"Take my damn soul and in return all I ask is for fame and fortune"!!!!!!!!

"Come get it biz-nitches"!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have no idea, but I need some things. Like him........in a few years I'll probably be desperate enough to sell my soul.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I have offered it many times. Tempting the overlords doesn't always seem to work.

"Take my damn soul and in return all I ask is for fame and fortune"!!!!!!!!

"Come get it biz-nitches"!!!!

Haha, well I wouldn't doubt it at all that there are a lot of people out there who would sell their soul to the devil for fame and fortune- some would do it without a second thought, others probably have tried by trying to be a satanist or something of that sort.

link   
I've tried, it didn't work for me. But all I did was say "You can have my soul for 100 bucks satan." no silly incantations, just an offer

+9 more 
link   
As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4). All you have to do to ensure Satan takes your soul is reject the gift of eternal salvation offered to you by Christ!

link   
reply to post by Monts

my own belief is that all humans have a good force(angel, gaurdian, etc.) and an evil force(devil demon, etc.) whcih act as the soul. and your deeds can bring one force closer and make it more dominat in your life and that in turn will reflect in the deeds you do but you will never be able to get rid of the other force. so you can never truly sell your soul to the devil, it just wants you to think its happened but you will still have your soul, the evil will just dominate it more

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well

When I was in my early/midish teen years, a couple friends and I got into some random occultism. We tried numerous times to summon demons and such through old "spell books". did ceremonies, proper offerings, etc.

never did manage to summon much beyond boredom and expensive component costs.

They did it because they wanted erm...glory or fame or whatever...I took part because I simply wanted to see something supernatural...anything, and since prayer and such never produced angels, I figured candles and salt and such may produce demons...

I think selling your soul to the devil is equal to selling your soul to an angel...(since the devil is an angel)...both then are equal in chance to meet and negotiate deals with...

Your friend is either yanking your chain, or delusional and perhaps requiring a mental checkup....

As the phrase goes, pics or it didn't happen
incidently, what is the going price for a soul? your friend Justin Beiber or something?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i found this site

You will need a cold room that has not received sunlight for three days, and you'll need a parchment of plain paper that also has been in total darkness for three days.

SELL IT!

I personally don't believe in the devil. But if i could sell my soul I would for immortality that way i wouldn't need to go to hell after

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I tried but he didn't want it. He said I'd be too much competition for him.

Wimp!

edit on 26-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4). All you have to do to ensure Satan takes your soul is reject the gift of eternal salvation offered to you by Christ!

I suppose this is the case in terms of when you die, but according to Christianity God is merciful and forgiving, and if you repent, he may save you.

My idea of "selling your soul" would be a conscious pact you would make with Satan saying "Ok bud, I belong to you from now on, no exceptions. Now give me fame and fortune, and I'll belong to you when I die"

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

To me selling (your soul to the dark side) really entails choosing to be an evil person and also choosing to do evil things.

You can choose to be good...you can choose to be evil....it is a very real and important choice...that is why we are given free will...It's a test...what will we choose?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No, I do not. First, I do not believe the Devil exists.

But at the same time, I do not believe that a soul is a physical thing that can just be signed over to some one, like a car or house.

link   
Whatever. Legal transactions of this nature become null and void after death.

lol.

link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
i found this site

You will need a cold room that has not received sunlight for three days, and you'll need a parchment of plain paper that also has been in total darkness for three days.

SELL IT!

I personally don't believe in the devil. But if i could sell my soul I would for immortality that way i wouldn't need to go to hell after

I was thinking about selling my soul for immortality and love.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by Monts

my own belief is that all humans have a good force(angel, gaurdian, etc.) and an evil force(devil demon, etc.) whcih act as the soul. and your deeds can bring one force closer and make it more dominat in your life and that in turn will reflect in the deeds you do but you will never be able to get rid of the other force. so you can never truly sell your soul to the devil, it just wants you to think its happened but you will still have your soul, the evil will just dominate it more

I've always somewhat believed this to be true in a way as well. We all have our good side and bad side, and our experience here on earth will be determined by which side we let dominate our lives.

I have also wondered though, is there a way to by-pass this and make some kind of arrangement to have that "good" side completely gone or irrelevant? Or is that impossible?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I wonder...can you sell your soul for anything?

what if your negotiate a contract that says "I offer my soul in exchange for all previous souls sold into hell are set free to enter heaven"...

-ponders-

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

was he drinking, you see i have a friend right and when he drinks alot he starts saying that hes the devil, and he does some crazy eye thing it always scares the crap out of everyone. So yeah if this guy sold his soul, well my friend is satan himself.

oh and this one time he grabbed a knife and he was like "hey dont worry guys im satan my wounds heal fast" but we took the knife away so we never saw if his wounds healed fast like he said. Dam Satan its so fun hanging out with him but at the same time its dangerous

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

i have absolutley no idea to be honest, i really dont know to much about this kind of stuff. im not sure if someone could go so far down the road their good force leaves them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Ok,

So you do think it is possible, in some way, to eliminate the concept of free will? I've thought that this would pretty much be the result of selling your soul- to destroy any choice or decision making opportunities in your earthly experience.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join