It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC preschool bans words 'him' and 'her'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

PC preschool bans words 'him' and 'her'

www.news.com.au

AT the Egalia preschool, staff avoid using words like "him" or "her" and address the 33 kids as "friends" rather than girls and boys.

From the colour and placement of toys to the choice of books, every detail has been carefully planned to make sure the children don't fall into gender stereotypes.

"Society expects girls to be girlie, nice and pretty and boys to be manly, rough and outgoing," says Jenny Johnsson, a 31-year-old teacher.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is this the way our children are destined to be educated, using de personalisation techniques and early childhood social conditioning?

Non gender specific pre school children? OMG

Sweden are normally a little ahead of things with their liberal views, yet this, is taking things somewhat too far.

What ever happened to boys and girls? You know being children?

I think this is sick. Showing yet more evidence that the world we live in is messed up...

What is your childs kindy or pre school agenda?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

+44 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Him and her refers to a biological constant in the vast majority of cases. It has nothing to do with preconceived gender roles; it has to do with simple anatomy. Are we to become so PC that we can't even acknowledge that anymore?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Him and her refers to a biological constant in the vast majority of cases. It has nothing to do with preconceived gender roles; it has to do with simple anatomy. Are we to become so PC that we can't even acknowledge that anymore?

Depends on what the motives are....

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think it is about time we all put a stop to these idiotic things they are trying to teach our children.
I mean i.m.o it is bordering on abuse, i certainly do not want my children growing up under this utter b.s

We as parents have a responsibility to our children, come on people, this is just getting plain silly.

The mind boggles, truly it does.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
While I applaud the intentions of the people making these stupid decisions, the fact remains that trying to undo the basic behaviors that makes us human (behaviors exhibited across all civilizations) is not the way to make us better. Gender identification is key in any and all Earth animals that have 2 sexes.

Instead, why not attack traits like greed, lust, subterfuge, and other traits that lead to manipulative actions? Seems THAT is far better than girls growing up not knowing how to be women.

For some reason, psychologists have always had this love affair with androgeny.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its an interesting experiment they are doing overall.

to recap
they are basically removing the references if gender differences amongst one another and let them do and be whatever they want...such as if a kid wants to go "play swords" they can, or if they want to pick flowers and skip, they can also...regardless of their gender (because they do not have the programming that one does one and the other does the other).

They use multi-colored dolls, and are anatomically correct

It actually may produce some very revealing results...
As a person raised "old school", the concept seems initially strange to me...however, intellectually, I wonder if these kids will develop far more secure in themselves than I was.

I reckon eventually (after school) they will adapt to a more traditional role through a greater society peer pressure, however, they may have a stronger core of self understanding...I mean, hey...if you like to skip and sing, you like to skip and sing. eff society that tells you thats weird.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's freaking pre-school for crying out loud, when I was in pre-school I threw milk at a kid for stealing my animal cracker. They don't know the difference and this kind of stuff needs to stop. Even though transgender issues is an issue in our society, let kids be kids. And yes I got put in the corner and a call to my parents for that. But that kid learned an important lesson, you steal you pay the price, and he never took my camel again.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love being a man and want women to be just as they are...women!

PC Crap has ruined everything so much that we are criminal if we tell an off-color joke these days.

Gonna confuse these poor kids so much that they'll have a panic attack when it comes to identifying the right door in a washroom when they're not in school.

BS

SnF

edit on 26-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
For some reason, psychologists have always had this love affair with androgeny.

I don't see this as androgeny promotion (as they use anatomically correct dolls), but rather a dismissal of traditional roles and allow the kid to simply do what they feel is natural for their being verses their gender...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is akin to schools marking spelling test wrong answers as "creative spelling" when the word is spelled wrong. girls have vaginas, and boys have penises. boys operate on a leadership/imperative scale, and girls operate on a suggestive scale.(top to bottom vs. near to far (relationship wise)) "lets go to the pool" versus "do you wanna go swimming?".

there are physical and chemical differences in male and female brains that manifest before the child is born. i don't understand why people try to deny this. it ends up confusing children who are too young to decide who they want to be. personality doesn't become concrete until much later.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
It's freaking pre-school for crying out loud, when I was in pre-school I threw milk at a kid for stealing my animal cracker. They don't know the difference and this kind of stuff needs to stop. Even though transgender issues is an issue in our society, let kids be kids. And yes I got put in the corner and a call to my parents for that. But that kid learned an important lesson, you steal you pay the price, and he never took my camel again.

I guess he was lucky he didn't take a lion (everyone knows the lion is the most valueable animal in the animal cracker kingdom)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Absolutely an interesting experiment... I don't know if I'd want my kids to be experimented on though. Although I don't believe this will cause any serious problems, or even good really. In preschool, most boys know they're boys and most girls know they're girls... but now that I'm thinking about it, they may not exactly know WHAT that means... if it means anything.

This just seems like a really stupid idea if this "experiment" gets in the way of real basic learning stepping stones.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That makes no sense. Ha, i guess the schools are now in favor of confused, transvestite children that don't even know their own gender

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
this is akin to schools marking spelling test wrong answers as "creative spelling" when the word is spelled wrong. girls have vaginas, and boys have penises. boys operate on a leadership/imperative scale, and girls operate on a suggestive scale.(top to bottom vs. near to far (relationship wise)) "lets go to the pool" versus "do you wanna go swimming?".

there are physical and chemical differences in male and female brains that manifest before the child is born. i don't understand why people try to deny this. it ends up confusing children who are too young to decide who they want to be. personality doesn't become concrete until much later.

Are they denying that, or are they denying pre-defined roles

aka, boys play with trucks, girls play with dolls, boys climb monkey bars, girls swing on swings, etc...

I again point to the fact that they are using proper dolls...

Also, all their books are of unique and real backgrounds...aka, gay parents, divorced parents, etc...no cinderella and snow white storys portraying definitive roles of a man.

I think the attack is on traditional social norms of roles verses genetic differences and natural gender motivations.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
most boys know they're boys and most girls know they're girls... but now that I'm thinking about it, they may not exactly know WHAT that means... if it means anything.

That statement applies for more than just preschoolers...hell, I am still trying to figure out exactly what it means beyond biological differences.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ah, so if I ever have child I must refer to it as "it"? What are they trying to do here? Eradicate sexism? I´m sure everyone here grew up aware of that part of one´s language which differentiates between male and female? Sexual education must going to be very difficult for these kids when they´re old enough for that!

I have heard several stories of these ridiculous early childhood teaching methods. If this is the way things are going it would be best for the children to remain at home much as possible... but if both the parents must work... then the children must attend care... where they must learn - or unlearn - parts of their native language so that essential knowledge is bypassed... here I am assuming that being able to tell difference between male and female is relatively important of course.... If this sort of thing becomes a trend, then parents will have no choice as to what their children will be inundated with.

This kind of methodical madness, makes me want to take up arms and start a revolution to recover the freedom of humanity. If prejudice exists in this world, such as sexism, then well, it´s not nice but... well, it´s a part of living in society - the world is not full of perfect people, and there is no point in blinding people with a false light.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just have three words.

Home School.

(curse my public school education)
*shakes fist*

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Also, all their books are of unique and real backgrounds...aka, gay parents, divorced parents, etc...no cinderella and snow white storys portraying definitive roles of a man.

Yikes! Now that's an issue right there. That's almost killing a childhood, taking out fairytale stories. Batman is a fairytale story too... without the wicked witches and friendly forest animals. Both genders get a kick out of those stories.

Issues like homosexuality and divorce are, in my opinion, things children shouldn't be thinking about. Those are stressful thinking processes that I don't think children can handle, most adults can't handle them.

I was fond of the idea of not mentioning genders AT ALL and teaching like you would normally teach... but that is going too far, almost in the realm of indoctrination I'd say.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am sure the kids know that they are a girl or a boy. I think that they are just trying to stop the segregation. When you wear a kid dont you remember fighting with girls? Eww their icky ect... If you take away that difference then they dont view each other like that. Boys can do "girl stuff" and Girls can do "girl stuff" with out felling like they are going to be taunted. We are brain washed at a early age by the media that the opposite sex is completely different almost like another animal. Girls like sweet beautiful things, boys like destruction. You dont see it? Turning us against each other by making us think we are complete opposites. Its the social presser. Boys are not allowed to play with dolls and girls are not allowed to play with action fingers. This school is just trying to teach that concept. I do not think they are telling the boys and girls that they are not boys and girls. They are just showing them that they are human, that they should consentrait on what they have in conman rather then what sets them apart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join