It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC preschool bans words 'him' and 'her'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Life used to be so simple, I was a tom boy loved being with the guys, is all this really necessary?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

if you like to skip and sing, you like to skip and sing.

We all skipped and sang together fifty odd years ago,

aka, boys play with trucks, girls play with dolls, boys climb monkey bars, girls swing on swings, etc...

No, we all played together, I did the monkey bars, boys swing, boys in you neighborhood don't swing?

My youngest son now 27 played barbies,

edit on 033030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Communism is taking over the world, and it is very close. Dare I say, in 15 years, if WW3 doesn't annihilate us, you will all be praising this junk. There is no him and her in a true communist society, there is no you and me, there is only us. There is only the team. That is why him and her must be abolished. Here is the scary part, you will believe yourself worthless. All dignity gone, no real life, only your part to play in the state. Life becomes a job, instead of what it should be, a free experience as an individual; you work and so you are. A cog in the machine. The commies want you to believe you have this enlightened state brewing inside of you, but really it is just smoke and mirrors.

edit on 26-6-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Also, all their books are of unique and real backgrounds...aka, gay parents, divorced parents, etc...no cinderella and snow white storys portraying definitive roles of a man.

Yikes! Now that's an issue right there. That's almost killing a childhood, taking out fairytale stories. Batman is a fairytale story too... without the wicked witches and friendly forest animals. Both genders get a kick out of those stories.

Issues like homosexuality and divorce are, in my opinion, things children shouldn't be thinking about. Those are stressful thinking processes that I don't think children can handle, most adults can't handle them.

I was fond of the idea of not mentioning genders AT ALL and teaching like you would normally teach... but that is going too far, almost in the realm of indoctrination I'd say.

Oh, no, they rewrote the storys...they are still there, but this time, the kids learn that the man is the useless entity in the story that requires a woman to rescue them and fight the dragon...then the man gets taken by the woman and lives happily ever after...each time...

They rewrote:
Snow white
Cinderella (now Samirella)
Sleeping Beauty
rapunzel (now with a long beard)
Little Mermaid (now merman)
etc...

(see the issues with the traditional storys yet? indoctrination from a early age of specific roles of valor and uselessness programmed in)
edit on 26-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

so they have books about what? "sally the construction worker"? "tim the stay-at-home dad" my parents had a horrible marriage when i was in preschool, and later got a divorce. all the other kids didn't have to deal with that. i did, and i envied them. kids so young don't need to be exposed to that.

i'm all for people having the freedom to do whatever they want in life, but i think gender roles are almost hard-wired into male and female brains. you can deny it, but males are 30% stronger than females of the same size, and generally have a more competitive drive. females are better at being social, caring for kids, and are usually more cleanly.

does it surprise you that things sorted out like they have since humans have been around?

do you really think gender roles are all because of fairy tales that originated in the not-too-distant past?
edit on 26-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Its a fun experiment. But it has no impact on anything.

Once they grow up and go do the most everyday thing people do...SHOP...they will realize that most stores will have a seperation of sex.

I'd like to see what would happen if kids where instructed this way and also every store and shop didn't seperate sex. Boy would go looking at cloths and it would all be blended.....would they pick a dress or girls pants? idk.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

No, we all played together, I did the monkey bars, boys swing, boys in you neighborhood don't swing?

My youngest son now 27 played barbies,
]

I get what you're saying. I can't say I don't agree. My friends and I used to go to the local park all the time back in the day just to hang around and swing. Swings are definitely dual-gender sociable nowadays.

A better practice of this would be to not ignore their genders, but to make the genders only able to play and mess around with the opposite of their gender on certain days. Boys can only play with dolls and the fake kitchen set, while girls are only allowed plastic toy jets and basketballs etc etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Exactly. If you want to talk about "indoctrination", you must first acknowledge the wholesale version of it that enforced gender roles in the first place. If anything, they are testing the waters with removing indoctrination.

Most of the people who disapprove of these methods were the same people who had corporal punishment and segregationist attitudes in their schools. Which one is more messed up?

The argument that we need to refer to each other based on our genitalia is as outdated as referring to each other based on ethnicity. When I see a black guy, I don't call him a "black him" so... really this is the next natural evolution in removing the artificial dividers.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowx089
Its a fun experiment. But it has no impact on anything.

Once they grow up and go do the most everyday thing people do...SHOP...they will realize that most stores will have a seperation of sex.

I'd like to see what would happen if kids where instructed this way and also every store and shop didn't seperate sex. Boy would go looking at cloths and it would all be blended.....would they pick a dress or girls pants? idk.

Dress

pants were an invention to help out riding animals overall...less...erm..chaffing.
But ultimately the dress, or robe/toga was pretty much the norm until later.

I wish robes would come back into fashion...I think you could make some well cool mens robes and such

Its not a skirt, its a kilt!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

Boys can only play with dolls and the fake kitchen set, while girls are only allowed plastic toy jets and basketballs

howabout we let boys and girls do what they want to do instead of forcing them? i don't understand. you're trying to rid the world of *evil* gender specific roles by forcing a boy that likes basketball his new toy is a pink barbie, and you give the basketball to the girl who was avidly playing with the doll?

"lets rid the world of evil by forcing our way!!!" sounds hypocritical.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
do you really think gender roles are all because of fairy tales that originated in the not-too-distant past?
edit on 26-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Naa, I think supressing half the population due to having innies instead of outies has been around for quite awhile...especially since men are physically stronger than women.

But we are out of the physical age now and in to mental strength...time to reconfigure our methods to be relevant to the time.

In saying that, I do enjoy my upbringing...I like the slight subconscious objectification of women I use...I acknowledge it for what it is...and I reckon I enjoy it simply because I cannot currently imagine a different viewpoint, however, I think there is something to be said about being the "knight" to the damsel in distress dynamic..my upbringing has programmed me with this general outlook, and I embrase it, but I don't pretend to think its "right"...(or necessarily "wrong" either...just dated and less and less relevant)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

because some might argue that the boy only likes basketball because it's a learned trait. The boy watching a Basketball game with his father while a girl is watching her mother cook, clean, and put makeup on before she goes out for dinner.

What if the boy WANTS to play house instead of playing with the ball, but is either scared or not allowed to?

What if there were no "gender rules"?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

(because its relevant...and funny)

(don't mod me bro)
edit on 26-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

That's it, I have had it!

Humanity has got to go, we are a completely useless pox on this planet.
I suggest we all collectively commit harakiri.

Of course, I won't set a good example because....I'm only human;-)

On a serious note, this PC stuff really has got to go the way of the dodo.
We are all different, that's what makes life interresting.

I wonder how they'll explain about the birds and the bees when that time comes....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is one of the funniest videos I've seen lately.

It seems a lot of people including the ones at this preschool are confusing sex and gender. They are quite separate things. Yes men and women are anatomically different, but gender is a fabrication of society.

I think this experiment will fail. Society and peer pressure will negate almost everything they learn or delearn here.

I've no problem with gender neutrality, but this feels forced. Force in itself will always skew the results and make the "experiment" useless.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

Boys can only play with dolls and the fake kitchen set, while girls are only allowed plastic toy jets and basketballs etc etc.

Yes, I see what you are getting at, I would rather hunt and fish with the guys then play with dolls, I hated dolls, I hated being trapped inside, I preferred the woods and fishing,

I was one of the guys, but still, very feminine.

I think it is hard wired.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

so, in your mind, it has nothing to do with boys being more competitive and physical? both are backed by neuroscience.

my mom and brother are the ones who like sports in the family. my dad and myself don't really care for them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by joshter

so, in your mind, it has nothing to do with boys being more competitive and physical? both are backed by neuroscience.

my mom and brother are the ones who like sports in the family. my dad and myself don't really care for them.

This is the problem with the school system, and I don't know quite when this started,

They want everyone to be like clones, they don't encourage and frown on the kids that are different, the ones that walk to the tune of a different drummer, the independent thinkers,
What's the word I am looking for? Someone help me.

I nor any of my children fit in, in school.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

the "knight" to the damsel in distress dynamic

Oh gee do we ever use that to our advantage,

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa. Are you telling me that they are now trying to infiltrate the gay agenda into preschools. Yep just as I have been saying this is the anti-christ's plan to make humanity gender neutral and just wilfully follow and obey the order of the antichrist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join