It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC preschool bans words 'him' and 'her'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
All I can say about this increasing idiocy:

HOME SCHOOL

Who would want their kids to be undermined like this? I'd like to see how screwed up these kids are going to turn out to be....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by SaturnFX

the "knight" to the damsel in distress dynamic

Oh gee do we ever use that to our advantage,

Oh, I fully agree..its a two way street of gender abuse...the dragon in this case is often painted as bills, work, etc...and the men fight it to protect the woman against such evil dragons...
there is a sort of equality in the opportunistic methods used by both genders...as a player in this age old game, I am used to it...

Will be interesting to see a group of individuals that are not part of that training...however, as several speculated, this will be wiped out after being in real society for awhile...still, there may be some core changes overall that will influence a more equal role over time.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
All I can say about this increasing idiocy:

HOME SCHOOL

Who would want their kids to be undermined like this? I'd like to see how screwed up these kids are going to turn out to be....

undermined?
screwed up?

care to expand on that? frankly, this discussion is going quite well as it is a interesting study...I think you may be the first to consider this undermining, screwed up, etc...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I actually think passion has a lot to do with competitiveness. The WNBA doesn't play to have fun... they play to win the game. They WANT to win the game, and to do that you have to be better than everybody else.

Meaning that woman are just as competitive as men. They're just passionate about different things. Again, I think this is where the learned traits come in.

I remember reading a study sometime that stated a large percentage of girls lose interest in math & science around the time they reach the 7th grade level. I think this is from social programming that I blame on the Disney Channel.

It's not all learned traits though... girls are definitely, as a collective, more sensitive than boys are.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Whoa whoa whoa. Are you telling me that they are now trying to infiltrate the gay agenda into preschools. Yep just as I have been saying this is the anti-christ's plan to make humanity gender neutral and just wilfully follow and obey the order of the antichrist.

How is denying old made-up roles (primarily designed to sell toys and subjugate women) part of some "gay agenda"? These are preschoolers. Do you think there is a "hetero agenda" already in place in preschool? Kinda gross to even think about, gay or hetero.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
People need to be careful with this PC stuff....

Check out the sissy boy experiments as well as other experiments dealing with Gender and gender roles.....

This kind of thing actually ends up messing a person up even more.

Sometimes, PC is just stupid.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

It actually may produce some very revealing results...

Yeah, maybe come puberty all the "girls" (no offence intended) will sprout beards and the "boys" (no offence intended) will develop tits.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
People need to be careful with this PC stuff....

Check out the sissy boy experiments as well as other experiments dealing with Gender and gender roles.....

This kind of thing actually ends up messing a person up even more.

Sometimes, PC is just stupid.

Actually, this is the exact opposite of the sissy boy experiment
The SBE was a boy that was going against his role as a boy to be indoctrinated with a "normal" role...and it screwed him up badly.

This school would have probably helped him out verses screw him up for life and endin suicide.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

i'm not saying that women don't have a single competitive bone in their bodies, and i'm sure there are women out there stronger than me by a long shot. but is that average? no.

i have whats called an "extreme male" brain, and guess what? i'm good at science. always have been. women are better at empathizing, and men at systemizing.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by joshter

i'm not saying that women don't have a single competitive bone in their bodies, and i'm sure there are women out there stronger than me by a long shot. but is that average? no.

i have whats called an "extreme male" brain, and guess what? i'm good at science. always have been. women are better at empathizing, and men at systemizing.

And that may be true, however, the experiment going on here does not dismiss nor dissolve that...it simply removes roles...
therefore a girl can excel at science if she can, a boy can hone in on emotional fields if thats their niche...some boys will be traditional sporty roudy types, some girls will be soft and fragile types, etc...the environment (if I am understanding correctly) allows for the child to grow however they themselves deem fit with no reward or punishment present...just their choice of expressing what they like without reference as to what they supposed to like.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Ahhhh, this is where I disagree.

While it's not the average "norm", who's to say that it isn't average? Women compete just as much as men do, just with different things due to learned traits of interest. Women fiercely compete with other women on things such as: Mothering, appearance, cleanliness, attention, and popularity at a younger age.

I bet if boys grew up thinking these were areas that should be important to them, they would be competing at these things with the same ferocity as sports or chess. Think fist fights over who has the cuter hat.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

a fair point. but what they compete on, and how they compete at it, are the main issues.

Girls like to gossip, boys like to roughhouse. Girls are more verbal, boys are more spatial, right through the SATs. Girls attack one another indirectly and verbally (which requires them to know how their victim feels). Boys are direct and physical

www.psychologytoday.com...

the reigning theory holds that testosterone, or lack thereof, is responsible for these differences. erego, gender roles are largely a result of what sex you are. yes, there is a group of girls who will fall into the "low male testosterone" range, and boys who will fall into the "high female testosterone" range. the result being girls with more "male" brains, and boys with more "female" brains. however, this occurs less often.

so again. i say "gender roles" exist because there is a physiological predisposition. tampering with it is dangerous.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I agree to a large extent, I'm just toying with a different viewpoint.

So are you proposing that if given a choice, boys & girls will choose their expected, gender popular activities? If so, then this is something you might want to keep up on. This will confirm or deny your thesis.

I suspect at the end of the school year for these kids, a lot more boys will play with dolls more often and then they will all grow bored of them and move onto something else.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

it depends on how politically correct the school is. are the kids allowed to be somewhat rough? boys will wrestle and run around if left on their own, girls will mostly stay away from that and socialize in groups.

stopping boys from being rough is paramount to telling them how they should be, just like breaking girl groups up and having them play physical games. things like that could change the outcome.

generally, yes. i think both sexes will mostly fall into the pre-existing gender roles.

look at animals. in some species, the males are brightly colored and perform dances or complicated mating rituals to attract mates. in others, the females stand out and attract the males. it is the way of things. humans are more complex, and that results with some males being more feminine, and some females being more masculine, but the majority, throughout history, fall into the gender roles we have today.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
school should be for learning, and nothing else. no wonder grade averages are always dropping. kids come out of school now knowing more about acute sexual details, physical and psychological, and can't point out countries on a map.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't see how this could possibly constitute a form of abuse. For those worried that not using the words him and her will somehow undo natural gender identification, then you're really just arguing that gender identity is a form of artificial conditioning anyway, since it took the effort of society to impose it upon children.

Lol, you could say that they are preparing the children for life of anonymity in today's telecommunication world where you often never know whether the people you are communicating with are male or female anyway.

edit on 26-6-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly. If you want to talk about "indoctrination", you must first acknowledge the wholesale version of it that enforced gender roles in the first place. If anything, they are testing the waters with removing indoctrination.

Most of the people who disapprove of these methods were the same people who had corporal punishment and segregationist attitudes in their schools. Which one is more messed up?

The argument that we need to refer to each other based on our genitalia is as outdated as referring to each other based on ethnicity. When I see a black guy, I don't call him a "black him" so... really this is the next natural evolution in removing the artificial dividers.

what a load of gargage. kids are kids. they have names. black him is called joe. blue her is called sally...

children do not need to be de- personalised. children need to be allowed to be children

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I never understood why some languages have him and her separately. We only have one word for both genders in here. Maybe it's time for a new word? Hem or Hir

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
all perception of difference is violonce. we have a long way to go still....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
For some reason, psychologists have always had this love affair with androgeny.

I don't see this as androgeny promotion (as they use anatomically correct dolls), but rather a dismissal of traditional roles and allow the kid to simply do what they feel is natural for their being verses their gender...

I would argue that doing what is natural is, most often, going to be related to gender. Men and women, usually, tend to be wired specifically. It is all hormones and brain development. Biological factors.

But nothing is ever "always". There are exceptions in any system being observed. I do not think it is appropriate to expose children to psychological experiments. It may be interesting, but it is absolutely wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join