It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days? Report.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by AverageJoe1

No there's not. Remember it's an Islamic country so they have their customs the same as we did a few hundred years ago. It's not our place to tell people where in their development they should be, it's for people, who've grown under the regimes there to change them the very same way we did during the period of revolution in Europe / America. Thats the only way you'll be able to create a lasting democracy, not by force but by natural evolution. We evolved democracy back in Greece but still we have fascism rising its head, particularly in modern day America.

At least in Syria there's no women being stoned in the street, they can get a divorce, work and anything else we do over here. Of course there are stupid ignorant people who want women covered from head to toe but then again there's idiot christians who want to meddle in issues like abortion and other life choices they really have no right wading in on.

Its more a case of slow and progressive social advancement from where they are now to a future point. We can't turn around and say that it's anything else. We don't live in those societies, we don't live in those lands and we have very little to do with those people. Whats so hard about leaving them alone to advance at their own rate? Why can't we be benign and support them instead of ruining their countries and infrastructures?

The biggest problem we have is the arrogance of the western mind set thinking that because we have over come some trials that it gives us the right to alter the course of history for others. That's grade A bull.

Well, you do have a good point there. At least Syria's leaders didn't go totally radical like Iran did...........maybe there's some hope for the rebels, too: perhaps Assad can back down eventually and let someone else take over from there?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
so you are saying that china and russia are okay with america owning all the oil reserves in the middle east? i dont believe that one bit.

Good point, and remember that Qaddafi was planning to create a new gold currency which would be used to buy oil. Shortly after, TPTB started this new conflict.

China owns us. If they decide to destroy the dollar, they can. If that happens -- guess we will need to have direct access to the oil, since we won't be able to afford it. Reason for all of this methinks?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

How naive and arrogant a statement that is. May that happen to you and those that you love, and soon.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Those regions of the planet need to be cleaned out. It was identified years ago. It was never a road map to peace that was being discussed. If this happens I say about time.
edit on 25-6-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

How naive and arrogant a statement that is. May that happen to you and those that you love, and soon.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Turkey is now ramping it up and it doesn't look good.

Report: Turkey tells West it might launch offensive against Syria
www.todayszaman.com...

Turkish officials have told Western countries that Turkey might launch a military operation in Syria's north to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad's regime, a Kuwaiti newspaper reported on Monday.

And then of course it leads here:

Earlier, a columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed that Iran had threatened Turkey that if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, then Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

Credit to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Forgive me for being so abrupt, but....

People are stupid.

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY STUPID.

And Im not talkin about you people(although some of you are questionable), Im talking about all of these war mongers and blood thirsty tyrants waging war on our lives and our fake monopoly money(real or not its ours and we use it).

War- psh. Thats so last Century.

We need to find a new game on this planet. War is too expensive, and I didnt work any overtime this week.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Its not going to happen because the majority of Syrians are pleased with him. They still keep pictures of him in their house like the Americans did with JFK. If he does have to step down because of international pressure I would be more concerned about who'd replace him. There is a large radical element in these countries that believe it or not the regimes themselves are trying to keep out. All we're doing is creating vacuums where these actual terrorists can get positions of power.

Of course it works out for us because then we have legitimate excuses to continue going to war against them. We get oil and rebuilding contracts, they get sent back 1000 years, loose a lot of their families and have their countries reduced to rubble around them. Yeah it's a good deal for us alright.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oufan06

May it happen to you for wishing it on someone else. At least he can blame ignorance what's your excuse?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Forgive me for being so abrupt, but....

People are stupid.

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY STUPID.

And Im not talkin about you people(although some of you are questionable), Im talking about all of these war mongers and blood thirsty tyrants waging war on our lives and our fake monopoly money(real or not its ours and we use it).

War- psh. Thats so last Century.

We need to find a new game on this planet. War is too expensive, and I didnt work any overtime this week.

Nuclear war would kill 98% of the warmongers' profits pretty much overnight..........no matter which country they're located in. Although I would definitely be worried if word got out that a radical terrorist group got ahold of a few small nukes and was planning to use them.............in fact, I'm afraid the latter scenario is rather plausible within the next 5-10 years.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Oh well.
While they(?) are busy trying to scare me with their(?) bombs...
Ima be making money.

Dont live your life in fear. I made a thread about that in 2009.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have no reason to be scared, and every reason to want our guys out of those places to lead by example.
War is never ending.
Why send my brothers over there to die?
Im supposed to run around scared, but I dont, cause Im not.
Its all life to me. Dont expect me to live your battles though; and die for you without just cause.

I say no.

This is America.. Im allowed to do that.

NO!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

eventually, imo. one of the three will want it all for themselves. greed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by AverageJoe1our guys out of those places to lead by example.
War is never ending.
Why send my brothers over there to die?
Im supposed to run around scared, but I dont, cause Im not.
Its all life to me. Dont expect me to live your battles though; and die for you without just cause.

TBH,I can't help it sometimes, but I myself do try not to worry too much; sometimes, facts about past events are most comforting to me as far as WWIII is concerned.........y'know, like the fact that even the Cuban Missile Crisis had been averted by cool heads and an understanding of what could happen if we had go over?
The Cold War ended in 1991 and the Russian military doesn't seem to be so paranoid anymore. The number of warheads is going down all the time in most countries[although new missile systems are still being built in Russia and maybe a few other nations on occasion], too.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by letscit

that i think is a far more likely to happen then boots on the ground the russians and chinese could just do what they did in vietnam sell there weapons and what not and mabey even some pilots to fight ours like they did in korea but boots on the ground...why would they risk there people in a conflict when they can sell weapons and make money hand over fist charging high prices for arms and worst case there ally looses and then owes them a crap load of money while at the same time we get to get the rebuilding contracts war is economicly good for us russia and china regardless of who is fighting we make money our "enemys" make money so either way its a win situation even if we eventualy loose the war we have still made some people very very rich only real loosers of war are the civilans and innocents killed by those whos claim to winning is who has made the most money killing other people

True. In fact, Vietnam was a significantly bigger war than Iraq, and certainly more so than Afghanistan........and the Soviets didn't nuke us then; and in fact, they were much more likely to go nuclear then than the Federation is now.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Please note this from www.yiddelenews.com... - Note that Iran has unveiled a new underground missile silo
"The [Iranian] ground-air-naval exercise is scheduled to last 10 days – unusually long for a military drill – so that Iran stands ready for a decision in Washington and/or Ankara to attack Syria.
The announcement of the exercise by Revolutionary Guards Aerospace Force commander Gen. Amir-Ali Hajizadeh Sunday, June 26, made Tehran’s intentions clear: He said the exercise was being staged in response to the “growing US military presence in the region” and noted that the missiles practiced would include the Saijil and the Fateh 110.
He did not need to spell out the facts that the Saijil-2 has a range of 2,000 kilometers and can reach any point in the Middle East and further – up to the Black Sea region, for instance, where US air and naval units are posted; or that the improved Fateh 110 has been supplied to Syria and Hizballah for use against Israel.
Iran would expect to be joined by both in any military flare-up."

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

exactly and thats another thing we have been building allies with the people we go to war with since our inception as a country example id have to say that vietnam is more afraid of china then us and we bombed them for years because even if we do attack you were are usualy more well behaived then most other conqureing armys (historicly speaking that is)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

exactly and thats another thing we have been building allies with the people we go to war with since our inception as a country example id have to say that vietnam is more afraid of china then us and we bombed them for years because even if we do attack you were are usualy more well behaived then most other conqureing armys (historicly speaking that is)

I guess that could be possible, especially nowadays.

Originally posted by kro32
Who's gonna be fighting in this world war? By definition a world war is just that...the world at war. There are very few economy's that could sustain prolonged fighting at the moment.

The western European country's populations have no will to fight, the Russians have no money to fight, the Chinese have no interest in fighting as they are poised to be top dog if the rest of the worlds economy's tank.
So who's gonna fight it?

A few middle east country's and us? That does not constitute a world war.

If the world crime network does pull off something nuclear, it'll probably be terrorist nukes going off in some key major cities, whether it be in the U.S., the U.K., Australia, or even Russia, perhaps overtly backed and/or aided by certain factions of the host gov't.
edit on 28-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
More complications...

Attack Kills Turkish Soldier as Kurds Warn of 'War'

One day after the leader of the outlawed Kurdish PKK guerrilla movement warned that Turkey could soon return to "war" with its Kurdish minority, the group killed a soldier and seriously wounded three others.

Fighters from the PKK, or Kurdish Workers' Party, carried out the ambush Monday in the town of Saray, close to Turkey's border with Iran, Anadolu Ajansi, Turkey's state news agency reported, citing the governor of Van province.

It could be a big problem if PKK soldiers kill Turkish soldiers then flee to Iran... But Iran doesn't like the PKK either, so...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

For those of us who are moral & just, there's only one game that we currently should be playing and it's called, "Lets take out the trash", also known as politicians, elitist bankers and the people who serve them.

But like you said, "we live on a planet where quite a lot of the inhabitants are psychotic, stupid war mongers and blood thirsty tyrants, who have got nothing better to do than play these silly games using their fake monopoly money".

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

When it comes to the phony manufactured war on terrorism, only stupid people go off to war. The intelligent people ignore politicians & stay home. Like David Cameron said to his generals, "you do the fighting and I'll do the talking". The word "Mugs" instantly springs top mind.
And there's no shortage of mugs on this planet and that's why corrupt, lying & deceiving politicians will always exist.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to kindred

I agree that war is stupid and killing fellow humans for any reason is unacceptable,but to call anyone that goes to war stupid, is quite a statement.Whether or not these wars are just some sinister plots of the PTB for whatever sick intentions they may have,most of the soldiers join in an act of patriotism and love for their country.I think all war is wrong,but you should not degrate the everyman of the armed forces,but show them respect.As they love their country enough to die for it, and die to protect the people of it like you and me.
edit on 28-6-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: forgot reply button

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join