It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days? Report.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Well put, bftroop. Star for you. The bravest of us will believe it. The rest will believe it when it hits them in the face, which it shall soon.

The country is broke, folks! The so-called PTB got bailed out by us all, too, & this country is still no better off than it was since '08. There's no such thing as a job in too many places now if you don't already have one. If this many of us are out of work & not paying taxes & interest- heck, a lot of us can't even afford rent- how well can this place recover? IT CAN'T.

All wars are fought for many things, but the bottom line is that every one of them is fought for money- $$$- or some sort of gain. If the PTB aren't getting enough money from us in the US, believe me they have no intention of taking that lying down. They're already at war to get what they want, & apparently it isn't enough. They'll start a World War again to get it.

Check out your local draft board. There isn't a draft now, but all of those boards are still in existence & can be up & running in a heartbeat. These days with all the electronic info available, it will take no time at all to find anyone they want. There is a reason there is a Depression (I refuse to call it anything else- it's been 3 years now, for Heaven's sake). All of these young people, out of work, especially out of college & out of work, with student loans to pay, & no prospect for a job. Some even have families. Who's your daddy? The armed forces, that's who. They always need a "few good men"- & women, too.

Wars may have helped certain economies for a while in the past, but they lay others waste in the process- & this country has a history of making a fortune off of rebuilding such economies. Google up the Marshall Plan. This plan made this country's way for a long while out of WWII with the rebuilding of Europe, & the PTB will do it again with a WWIII.

What do we get out of it, folks? If we survive to the point of a war being over? A half-way decent job, maybe, with perhaps a chance to afford a house, & kids?

I don't know about you, but somehow I just don't think that's enough. -CincyFreedom

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by letscit
so you are saying that china and russia are okay with america owning all the oil reserves in the middle east? i dont believe that one bit.

Good point, and remember that Qaddafi was planning to create a new gold currency which would be used to buy oil. Shortly after, TPTB started this new conflict.

China owns us. If they decide to destroy the dollar, they can. If that happens -- guess we will need to have direct access to the oil, since we won't be able to afford it. Reason for all of this methinks?

Eureka! I think you hit the nail on the head!

It makes perfect sense! If the US suspected that very soon their economic system would be collapsing, they would be driving to make themselves self-sufficient. Two areas in which the USA lacks are oil reserves and rare earths. Middle East = oil, Afghanistan = rare earth.

Shore those up and the collapse would be easier to ride out. As their money would become worthless on the international stage, trading on the world market would not be an option, and needed resources to be imported would become prohibitively expensive.

Interesting...........................

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by letscit
so you are saying that china and russia are okay with america owning all the oil reserves in the middle east? i dont believe that one bit.

Good point, and remember that Qaddafi was planning to create a new gold currency which would be used to buy oil. Shortly after, TPTB started this new conflict.

China owns us. If they decide to destroy the dollar, they can. If that happens -- guess we will need to have direct access to the oil, since we won't be able to afford it. Reason for all of this methinks?

Eureka! I think you hit the nail on the head!

It makes perfect sense! If the US suspected that very soon their economic system would be collapsing, they would be driving to make themselves self-sufficient. Two areas in which the USA lacks are oil reserves and rare earths. Middle East = oil, Afghanistan = rare earth.

Shore those up and the collapse would be easier to ride out. As their money would become worthless on the international stage, trading on the world market would not be an option, and needed resources to be imported would become prohibitively expensive.

I can agree with that, too. However, though, if we absolutely need oil, why not look to our friendly neighbors up north instead of going to war? I mean, come on, Alberta and Sasketchewan are FULL of tar sands. Unfortunately, though, I think we all know why not: greedy oil barons, and their friends in the U.S. gov't + military.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ummm NEGATIVE. You do know that the US sits on top of some of the largest oil reserves on the planet dont you? The United States has an oil reserve at least three times that of Saudi Arabia locked in oil-shale deposits beneath federal land in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. So why isnt the US tapping into it? Because it would be better to drain the rest of the world of its oil resources FIRST and then when that is tapped out the US has its own to use/sell. This is part of a MUCH larger plan.

Two areas in which the USA lacks are oil reserves and rare earths. Middle East = oil, Afghanistan = rare earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah and WW3 in days? I dont think so.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm NEGATIVE. You do know that the US sits on top of some of the largest oil reserves on the planet dont you? The United States has an oil reserve at least three times that of Saudi Arabia locked in oil-shale deposits beneath federal land in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. So why isnt the US tapping into it? Because it would be better to drain the rest of the world of its oil resources FIRST and then when that is tapped out the US has its own to use/sell. This is part of a MUCH larger plan.

That is a good point that you just made. Still, don't discount the oil barons, though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1

Oil sands are inefficient and unprofitable unless oil is about $65 a barrel or so. And shale deposits, which are not to be confused with oil sands, are much more difficult to profit off of.

And your right. I believe the main "conspiracy" behind the Iraq invasion was not some TPTB elite planning, but simply a case of Cheney seeing an opportunity for his friends at Halliburton and capitalizing on it.

There is so much money to be made by those well connected by destroying a countries infrastructure and then having your friends come in and clean up.
edit on 29-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It seems a remarkable coincidence that the only places that have oil, are the very same places that have been of such interest and focus of military actions for the last several thousand years. The need for oil is a lie, badly hidden behind another lie and there for all of us all to find.

Was the holocaust and the reformation of the state of Israel about oil?
Were the crusades about oil?
Were Nelson's and Napoleon's campaigns in Egypt about oil?
Why were Russia in Afghanistan? Why has this seemingly unconquerable country been the most invaded nation in history?

We have had the concept of anything 'spiritual' or 'mystical' systematically discredited by media and so called education and replaced by the concept of a purely material universe where we simply rose up out of dust. Due to the effective nature of this discreditation, the masses can no longer be swayed by religious dogma.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Two areas in which the USA lacks are oil reserves and rare earths. Middle East = oil, Afghanistan = rare earth.

True, but shale oil is not efficient oil to extract.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suggest a read through that. It will show that the shale oil is economical only under a very specific set of circumstances. Not least importantly, the country producing shale oil must ALREADY have a cheap source of crude with which to produce the shale oil.

So it goes full circle. In order to harvest the shale, they need the cheap crude the mid east provides. And the US currently does not have the infrastructure in place to take advantage of these massive deposits.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The US has been working very diligently to develop efficient extraction technology. In fact, it already has such technology but it wont be released/utilized until it is ready to tap the shale.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Source please? Id love to read up on it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
One such technology: The oil shale must first be mined and then heated to a high temperature (a process called retorting); the resultant liquid must then be separated and collected. An alternative but currently experimental process referred to as in situ retorting involves heating the oil shale while it is still underground, and then pumping the resulting liquid to the surface.

Trust...its not as experimental as it sounds.
edit on 29-6-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Another: Defence contractor Raytheon has sold their microwave based shale oil extraction technology to Schlumberger for an undisclosed price.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Fair enough, but i dont see any numbers or proof showing these methods to be efficient or practical. Maybe link a report showing it used in a real-world manner and how it can be used to efficiently produce oil without itself using more crude than produced?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Star for you, too! Right on, right on, right on. The US has no business ramming what it calls "democracy" down the throats of people who aren't ready for it, either- not that that is what we really have here. First of all, the US is a Republic- next, we don't even get to vote for our own president, really. We vote for the ELECTORS who vote for & choose the president! -CincyFreedom

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
6 detained in Moldova over bomb-grade uranium

Interior Ministry official Vitalie Briceag said the uranium-235 was brought in from Russia. He said the smugglers were trying to sell it to a North African country for euro20 million ($28.85 million).

www.forbes.com...

Did Gaddafi trying to make dirty bomb ?
edit on 29-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
6 detained in Moldova over bomb-grade uranium

Interior Ministry official Vitalie Briceag said the uranium-235 was brought in from Russia. He said the smugglers were trying to sell it to a North African country for euro20 million ($28.85 million).

www.forbes.com...

Did Gaddafi trying to make dirty bomb ?
edit on 29-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Gaddafi was caught red handed trying to buy a nuclear bomb from A.Q. Kahn back in the day.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't think President Obama will be tempted to enter a war with Libya just because it will help boost the economy and get people to unite with the government as is referred in the video. President Obama is a very intelligent man, and will definitely think things through when it comes to such a crucial decision as a Third World War.

As far as this contradicting his goals for peace, he did say, "I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war." So, don't be quick to jump in fear over a World War III. President Obama has a strong head on his shoulders.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Source , link ?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Source , link ?

Too lazy to search for it but I'm sure it's online somewhere if you give it some effort. They talk about it in the Countdown To Zero documentary though, which is a must see!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join