It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days? Report.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
It seems a remarkable coincidence that the only places that have oil, are the very same places that have been of such interest and focus of military actions for the last several thousand years. The need for oil is a lie, badly hidden behind another lie and there for all of us all to find.

Was the holocaust and the reformation of the state of Israel about oil?
Were the crusades about oil?
Were Nelson's and Napoleon's campaigns in Egypt about oil?
Why were Russia in Afghanistan? Why has this seemingly unconquerable country been the most invaded nation in history?

We have had the concept of anything 'spiritual' or 'mystical' systematically discredited by media and so called education and replaced by the concept of a purely material universe where we simply rose up out of dust. Due to the effective nature of this discreditation, the masses can no longer be swayed by religious dogma.

YOU GOT IT!

Its not about oil

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Iran denies it threatened Turkey, slams Western media

Iran has denied claims that it threatened to hit NATO bases in Turkey, accusing the Western media of trying to spread false information.

A columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed last week that Iran had threatened Turkey, saying if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

“There have been reports that NATO will attack Syria from its bases in Turkey and that Iran has threatened Turkey. These are untrue claims that the Western media is trying to spread,” Ramin Mehmanparast, the spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, told a news conference in Tehran on Tuesday. His remarks were carried by the Anatolia news agency, which quoted a statement from the Iranian Embassy in Ankara.

Mehmanparast also underlined that Iran and Turkey have very good relations and that they have the potential to go even further with their existing cooperation. He added that NATO was not able to engage itself in a new operation as it already faces problems in Afghanistan.

They do have good relations. They even did a few joint operations against the PKK.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
I don't think President Obama will be tempted to enter a war with Libya just because it will help boost the economy and get people to unite with the government as is referred in the video. President Obama is a very intelligent man, and will definitely think things through when it comes to such a crucial decision as a Third World War.

As far as this contradicting his goals for peace, he did say, "I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war." So, don't be quick to jump in fear over a World War III. President Obama has a strong head on his shoulders.

Frankly, I agree with you, but wonder if Obama can keep the warhawks at bay for much longer...........I also seriously do worry about the possibility of a few military people going rogue if either he keeps his promises or another 9/11-type event happens[especially under a Democrat, whether it be Obama or somebody else], or perhaps both of these things, or more!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1

I don't think President Obama will be tempted to enter a war with Libya just because it will help boost the economy and get people to unite with the government as is referred in the video. President Obama is a very intelligent man, and will definitely think things through when it comes to such a crucial decision as a Third World War.

As far as this contradicting his goals for peace, he did say, "I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war." So, don't be quick to jump in fear over a World War III. President Obama has a strong head on his shoulders.

Frankly, I agree with you, but wonder if Obama can keep the warhawks at bay for much longer...........I also seriously do worry about the possibility of a few military people going rogue if either he keeps his promises or another 9/11-type event happens[especially under a Democrat, whether it be Obama or somebody else], or perhaps both of these things, or more!

And which military people are you afraid of 'going rogue' exactly? Any examples?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by terp11

And which military people are you afraid of 'going rogue' exactly? Any examples?

Oh, I couldn't name any at the moment. But I do believe it's a possibility which shouldn't be ignored.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1

Oh, I couldn't name any at the moment. But I do believe it's a possibility which shouldn't be ignored.

Exactly, you can't think of any because there are none. Gen Patraeus? Adm Mullen? Gen Odierno? Gen Dempsey? Gen Amos? Adm Locklear III? Gen Schwartz?
Exactly, there is no possibility of high level officers going rogue in the US military. Just saying that shows that you know nothing about the United States Military.
It is because of people that pretend they know things about which they are ignorant that people are so misinformed and scared.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
'Israel warns Assad: Attack us, we'll hit you personally'

Israel reportedly sends message through Ankara following intelligence reports revealing unusual troop, missile movement, Kuwaiti paper reports.

According to the report, the personal warning was sent through Turkey following intelligence reports of unusual Syrian troop movements, including the moving of long-range ballistic missiles that could be used to attack Israel.

The report added that the IDF has increased its preparedness on the northern border out of fear that Hezbollah may try to again kidnap soldiers or civilians along the Lebanese border.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You guys have this backwards.

The bankrupty of states, and the monitary meltdown in Europe, is a smoke screen for the US/Israel to be able to have their campaign in the Middle East.

The US, through its allies, lended massive money from Europe during their "War on Terrorism", which is not going to be paid back. Europe, that was sure to get a piece of the pie with their passive support of the US (support not accepted by the public), got thrown off into a financial meltdown. Which means, that the US is free to make an act of war, without the French and/or the Brittish interfering. Most countries, like northern Europe, that are unaware of this, will help the US, because they still think they will get a piece of the pie, if they are acting as good boys.

World War III is not about to start. We have fighting this war, ever since WWII. Currently it is a battle behind the scenes, and the casualties are European jobs, and European culture. Because the war is about excluding Europe from being able to act in their interrest in the world. The new world order, is making Europe into the old world. Europe, being historically the strongest ... is weekened by them losing WWII, followed by political chaos and inaction.

If the people of Europe wake up ... IF, or WHEN ... then the war will start. Until then, the US is putting Europe in a mud hole, trying to ensure they don´t.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
reply to post by jude11

You guys have this backwards.

The bankrupty of states, and the monitary meltdown in Europe, is a smoke screen for the US/Israel to be able to have their campaign in the Middle East.

The US, through its allies, lended massive money from Europe during their "War on Terrorism", which is not going to be paid back. Europe, that was sure to get a piece of the pie with their passive support of the US (support not accepted by the public), got thrown off into a financial meltdown. Which means, that the US is free to make an act of war, without the French and/or the Brittish interfering. Most countries, like northern Europe, that are unaware of this, will help the US, because they still think they will get a piece of the pie, if they are acting as good boys.

World War III is not about to start. We have fighting this war, ever since WWII. Currently it is a battle behind the scenes, and the casualties are European jobs, and European culture. Because the war is about excluding Europe from being able to act in their interrest in the world. The new world order, is making Europe into the old world. Europe, being historically the strongest ... is weekened by them losing WWII, followed by political chaos and inaction.

If the people of Europe wake up ... IF, or WHEN ... then the war will start. Until then, the US is putting Europe in a mud hole, trying to ensure they don´t.

What do you mean? Not all of Europe lost WW2...........In fact, France, Britain, and Russia won it! Only Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy lost.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Report: Hezbollah officials receive indictments in Hariri murder probe

UN-backed tribunal arrives in Beirut to issue four arrest warrants for Hezbollah officials, fifth arrest warrant due to be issued for non-Lebanese citizen.

The UN-backed tribunal probing the 2005 murder of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri has submitted an indictment to Lebanon's prosecutor general, Al -Jazeera and Al Arabiya television reported Thursday.

Representatives of the International Court of Justice in The Hague arrived in Beirut to serve the indictments, which according to Al Arabiya, include four arrest warrants against Hezbollah officials.

Two of the arrest warrants are for a commander of Hezbollah special operations, and for a senior Hezbollah leader. The identity of the other two people is still unknown.

This could very well set things off.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You do not think he will be tempted to go to war in Libya? What do you think we are doing there now? Dropping bombs all over the country has absolutely nothing to do with humanitarian support.

And your really going to use an Obama quote as proof? Do you have any idea how many things he said that he did the exact opposite of? Obama is not going to think anything through. He has thought nothing through. He has done exactly what he has been told to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

You do not think he will be tempted to go to war in Libya? What do you think we are doing there now? Dropping bombs all over the country has absolutely nothing to do with humanitarian support.

And your really going to use an Obama quote as proof? Do you have any idea how many things he said that he did the exact opposite of? Obama is not going to think anything through. He has thought nothing through. He has done exactly what he has been told to do.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even know what was happening in Lybia before President Obama stepped in on behalf of the innocent civilians? No, you probably didn't even know where Lybia was (do you even know now?).

Whenever you launch a military campaign against a tyrant there will be collateral damage, especially when Gadhafi has used civilians as human shields countless times. What did you want us to do? Let people die? Start handing out leaflets? Impose sanctions? The only thing that would work is attacking the Lybian government that has lost it's mandate and instead of going peacefully has decided to cling to power fighting tooth and nail.

Make sure you know what you're talking about because you're embarrassing the rest of humanity that are not fear-mongering idiots

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Report: Hezbollah officials receive indictments in Hariri murder probe

UN-backed tribunal arrives in Beirut to issue four arrest warrants for Hezbollah officials, fifth arrest warrant due to be issued for non-Lebanese citizen.

The UN-backed tribunal probing the 2005 murder of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri has submitted an indictment to Lebanon's prosecutor general, Al -Jazeera and Al Arabiya television reported Thursday.

Representatives of the International Court of Justice in The Hague arrived in Beirut to serve the indictments, which according to Al Arabiya, include four arrest warrants against Hezbollah officials.

Two of the arrest warrants are for a commander of Hezbollah special operations, and for a senior Hezbollah leader. The identity of the other two people is still unknown.

This could very well set things off.

I'm not really familiar with the Hariri incident (I'm at work so can't research easily...) so what has it got to do with Israel, and how could it set something off? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I'm not really familiar with the Hariri incident (I'm at work so can't research easily...) so what has it got to do with Israel, and how could it set something off? Thanks.

Hariri, the prime minister of Lebanon, was assassinated back in 2005. The west says it's Hezbollah and Syria behind it, Hezbollah, Syria and Iran says it's Israel/US.

Now the UN, after 6 years ``investigating`` has finally handed out the indictment for the murder of Hariri... saying it's Hezbollah... Hezbollah of course rejects this.

So since the ``murderers`` won't give themselves up to ``justice``, the UN/US/Israel might try to go and arrest them by force... of course Hezbollah said that anyone trying to arrest one of their own would be killed...

But even if their members are not arrested, the refusal to accept the UN tribunal will probably create a big crisis in Lebanon, either coming from the Hariri's son's pro-west coalition (who are out of power right now), which could create a civil war...

Or from other countries, like Israel/US, saying that since Lebanon doesn't respect the UN tribunal, and Hezbollah is in the government, Lebanon is a terrorist state, so it must be bombed/invaded/put sanctions...

And sanctions on the whole of Lebanon because of Hezbollah might push the Hariri coalition to go even stronger against Hezbollah, which could lead to civil war.

And one Syrian was also indicted. So Syria might say the same thing... Syria will not let the UN arrest any Syrian or else...

Or what's likely to happen is that the judgment will be handed, after 30 days nobody will turn themselves in, no arrest will be made, and things are gonna continue without anything.... nothing will have changed.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1

Russia won it? Last time I checked Russia lost 21 million lives in ww2 and Germany lost 7 million, Russia only stood a chance because they had help. Oh yeah and France was conquored by Germany so no France didnt help win ww2 they was already stomped on

No wonder America didnt care that Russia beat them to Berlin...Russia got slaughtered and USA said better them than us hahahha
edit on 30-6-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Crikey and or stroke blimey

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even know what was happening in Lybia before President Obama stepped in on behalf of the innocent civilians? No, you probably didn't even know where Lybia was (do you even know now?).

Whenever you launch a military campaign against a tyrant there will be collateral damage, especially when Gadhafi has used civilians as human shields countless times. What did you want us to do? Let people die? Start handing out leaflets? Impose sanctions? The only thing that would work is attacking the Lybian government that has lost it's mandate and instead of going peacefully has decided to cling to power fighting tooth and nail.

Make sure you know what you're talking about because you're embarrassing the rest of humanity that are not fear-mongering idiots

The only thing insulting here is that you drink too much of the Koolaide and expect me to drink it too.

I know what was happening in Libya and I know what was said. You can buy the nonsense that he was killing his own people if you want to, I dont buy it. Sorry, but I heard that one already and it was BS then too. Fact is, we are supporting rebels and attempting to assassinate that nation's leader to make regime change happen, and it is none of our business. Your so worried about Gadhafi killing his own people? Then when can I expect to hear you speak out about Darfur?

I know exactly what I am talking about and I have done no fear mongering at all. Perhaps you should learn to think for yourself instead of repeating what FOX News, CNN and MSNBC tell you to think.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
@MrWendal

I talked to people that later died because of Gadhafi. I was talking to people that had just seen their friends die. How dare you think that that was fabricated! You need to do some real research on sites that aren't all about conspiracies one day.

你厭惡我

You're an idiot. Unfortunately your illness is pretty common nowadays and you all hang out together and perpetuate the stupidest ideas.
edit on 30-6-2011 by terp11 because: format

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

@MrWendal

I talked to people that later died because of Gadhafi. I was talking to people that had just seen their friends die. How dare you think that that was fabricated! You need to do some real research on sites that aren't all about conspiracies one day.

你厭惡我

You're an idiot. Unfortunately your illness is pretty common nowadays and you all hang out together and perpetuate the stupidest ideas.
edit on 30-6-2011 by terp11 because: format

Unfortunately, I'll have to agree. Gadhafi is a real POS..........although I do hope his replacement isn't even worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by terp11

I don't think anyone is saying Gaddaffi did nothing. The point is that crimes have been committed on both sides, and humanitarian aid is never bombing a country. Humanitarian would be having the attorney general of the U.N. come in and gather information on both sides and try tirelessly to find a solution. Killing in the name of peace is one of the biggest oxymorons, yet it gets accepted over and over again....

By the way, there is a "reply" button here on ATS. Please use it, the "@" symbol looks so 1990

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join