It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should A Womans Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Nope. You could just state: "This law does not apply to rapes."
Case closed. What the OP proposes would only apply to normal relationships.

Gotcha. I was just thinking up worst case scenarios where this would cause harm, but I did look up the statistics of abortions as the result of rape/incest and discovered they were relatively small, so I agree it wasn't the best hypothetical.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Originally posted by queenofsheba
No. A woman's body is just that, hers. You think it's easy to be pregnant for nine months to support life? Without that woman, womb; you would have no life.

Do you think it's easy to live with a hormonal pregnant woman for 9 months?

Women aren't the only ones going through the pain of pregnancy.

You must have a child and a woman who gave you one? Not always easy, huh? None of it is. Sheesh, wait till they get to be teens.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No. No, no, and no.

Admittedly, I don't really think "oops" is an excuse for an abortion. But it's not the guy carrying the child for 9 months. It's also probably not going to be the guy having to take unpaid maternity leave and miss a gajillion days of work because the little brat gets sick, etc. If a woman doesn't want to put up with that crap, then she shouldn't have to.

Again, I also don't think that a guy should be forced to care for a child he didn't want. There are women, women I know, no less, who have attempted to extract financial benefits from a man by getting knocked up. Happened to my rich buddy. Chick claimed to be on the pill, but was deffo lying. (Un?)fortunately, her plan backfired as 90% of his income is off the books, so she's getting like a hundred bucks a month in child support.

I believe that when it comes to less than ideal pregnancies, we should all agree that men and women both suck equally.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nithaiah

Then women should agree to this.

If you dont want men to have a LEGAL say into your abortion rights.

Then men should not have to pay child support.

If you get to choose whether or not to have the baby. Then the men get to choose whether or not to have the baby by giving up Parental Rights without the consent of the mother.

If you agree men have a LEGAL say into your abortion rights , then men should have to pay child support. If you kill the baby without the consent of the Farther , thats murder.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
And without a woman's womb, you for sure have no life. Women are the givers of life.

Watch this video.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

How about this, if you decide to have sex with a woman you're taking the risk that A.) She might get pregnant and B.) That she might get pregnant and decide to abort the baby. Maybe you, I don't know, shouldn't be screwing someone who's not on the same page as you?

Fact is, if you're choosing to copulate with a separate being, you're dealing with a human who's actions (like it or not) are outside of your control. The law isn't going to do squat for me if my girl decides to find a way to terminate the pregnancy outside of what's legal, or even takes her own life because she's not emotionally stable enough to handle it.

No. See that's not how it works. The man isn't choosing to decide to have sex with a woman. Both man AND woman are choosing to have sex with each other. Otherwise it would be rape.

So since both woman and man decided to have sex with each other, in case she gets pregnant any decision regarding the baby should falls into the hands of both the man and the woman, since it is SHARED PROPERTY.

WOW! It's amazing how much sense that makes.

RIGHT?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Yeah because I said 'all men are rapists' right?

You are certainly implying it.

I'm talking about the consequences of giving men rights over a woman's decisions

No, you are trying to muddy the issue by shouting RAPE.

but I'll relinquish the hypothetical and focus purely on consensual relations.

Excellent... we are now on the same page.

How about this, if you decide to have sex with a woman you're taking the risk that A.) She might get pregnant and B.) That she might get pregnant and decide to abort the baby. Maybe you, I don't know, shouldn't be screwing someone who's not on the same page as you?

Then why would a woman EVER have an abortion, if she's screwing someone that she doesn't want to have a child with?

Or, not using protection.... whatever.

The fact is, you are putting all choice in the matter onto the woman, and all responsibility for "HER" choice onto the man.

And that is not equality, that is slavery.

IT's HIS wallet, it's HIS labor, it's HIS money.... why should he have to pay HER money, because SHE made the decision to have a child?

Fact is, if you're choosing to copulate with a separate being, you're dealing with a human who's actions (like it or not) are outside of your control.

Exactly.... that's all I'm saying... if the woman is choosing to copulate with a man, she is choosing to copulate with someone who's actions are outside her control.

She has no control over whether or not his money goes to her for 18 years.

Right?

The law isn't going to do squat for me if my girl decides to find a way to terminate the pregnancy outside of what's legal

Yeah... but if she has a child that YOU don't want, then you are financially responsible for HER choice... is that fair?

IF the child belongs to the woman (which is what you are arguing) then SHE is financially responsible for it.

That is what I am saying.

or even takes her own life because she's not emotional stable enough to handle it.

WTF?

where did that come from?

That's not to say I'm opposed to entertaining the idea of requiring a HUSBAND'S consent for his wife to abort a child, provided that a legal agreement is made prior to marriage

You are missing the point of the double standard.

She can choose to keep or kill the child, he has no legal say in it.

But he must abide by her choice, whether that means losing a child he wanted, or paying for a child that he didn't want.

You seem to not understand the complimentary nature of Choice, and Responsibility FOR that choice.

IF it's a woman's choice, then it's HER responsibility.

IF it's a woman AND a man's choice, then it is BOTH their responsibility.

Do you see how Equality works?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Nice Video.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Funny stuff from a comedian, to be sure. Everyone's experience in this life is unique and whether or not you choose to believe your life and the things you do in it are special or not, well that's a choice we all make. I always choose love and light and believe there is a purpose. When you look into your newborn's eyes for the first time you see....
edit on 24-6-2011 by queenofsheba because: spell

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Should A Womans Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy? Yeppers.

When the intent is done out of reciprocated love and the potential to make said babies arises from the such acts of making love, the womb is shared property during pregnancy.

When the intent to have sex is forced against the will of the woman, then the womb is desecrated and the woman has to choice to remove unwanted life form from her womb.
edit on 2011-6-24 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Should A Womans Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy? Yeppers.

When the intent is done out of reciprocated love and the potential to make said babies arises from the such acts of making love, the womb is shared property during pregnancy.

When the intent to have sex is forced against the will of the woman, then the womb is desecrated and the woman has to choice to remove unwanted life form from her womb.
edit on 2011-6-24 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

I disagree, even if the child is conceived out of love. If that is a "shared womb" or property of the husband, what would happen if the woman had complications that would endanger her life if the pregnancy were to go full term? Is that womb his property and his alone, where only he can make that decision over whether his wife lives or his child's? I would imagine there is law written on this already. I am certainly not someone who has expertise in the area of law but this whole topic makes me really think.
edit on 25-6-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

If that is a "shared womb"

Is that womb his property and his alone

I don't think that you quite understand the concept of "Share"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

If that is a "shared womb"

Is that womb his property and his alone

I don't think that you quite understand the concept of "Share"

The only ones I ever "shared" my womb with were my babies who grew in it, who were brought to life in it. Those babies are the only ones I ever "shared" my womb with. Certainly not my husband.
edit on 25-6-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Exactly, if that is a "shared womb." The only ones I ever shared my womb with were my babies who grew in it, who were brought to life in it. Those babies are the only ones I ever "shared" my womb with. Certainly not my husband.

Cute.

You're not trying to avoid my rebuttal, are you?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Exactly, if that is a "shared womb." The only ones I ever shared my womb with were my babies who grew in it, who were brought to life in it. Those babies are the only ones I ever "shared" my womb with. Certainly not my husband.

Cute.

You're not trying to avoid my rebuttal, are you?

Not trying to avoid your rebuttal at all. I can honestly say I've never shared my womb with anyone other than my three children who grew in it. Who else would want to share it with me? See, it's a physical thing. It's within me, a part of me. Does my husband share my lungs, my heart, my brain? Or is that his property as well?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Not trying to avoid your rebuttal at all. I can honestly say I've never shared my womb with anyone other than my three children who grew in it. Who else would want to share it with me? See, it's a physical thing. It's within me, a part of me. Does my husband share my lungs, my heart, my brain? Or is that his property as well?

The topic, if I can recall correctly, was whether or not the man has a say in abortion.

/me checks thread title

Yup.

And you already know this too... so stop playing dumb.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

My answer to, "Should a Woman's Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy?" is an emphatic and resounding No.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

My answer to, "Should a Woman's Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy?" is an emphatic and resounding No.

So you agree that a man's wallet and earnings do not belong to the woman that bears his child, but to him only?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So you agree that a man's wallet and earnings do not belong to the woman that bears his child, but to him only?

Oh my....you are going way off topic here. You clearly want to fight about this and sorry, I'm not your girl to fight with. What does your wallet have to do with my opinion? Nothing. So, Happy Friday to you and hopefully you have a great weekend, as I sure will.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You clearly want to fight about this

It's just a question.

What does your wallet have to do with my opinion?

IT has to do with Choice, and Who is legally obligated to take responsibility for that choice.

If the Child in your womb (which is REALLY what we are talking about, not the womb) belongs to the woman ALONE, then she has the obligation of taking SOLE responsibility for it.

You can't claim that the Child belongs to YOU, and then state that the Child is HIS responsibility.

Because that is slavery.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join