It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should A Womans Womb Be Considered Shared Property During Pregnancy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

I never suggested that I disagree with you. I was responding only to should a woman have rights over a man's penis.
I have spent years (hypothetically luckily) thinking on this very issue. My thoughts have always been that I would suggest I want us to have child, but it's not my decision.
edit on 24-6-2011 by randomtangentsrme because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

i absolutely agree. if a man does not want to participate in a child's life, be it as an acting father or as monetary support, they should not have to. but i do think if a man doesnt want to pay child support for a child he should have no rights to the child. but yes, i definitely agree that men should have a choice in that.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
It seems like the supporters of this outlandish idea are backing it solely so a man could prevent a woman from getting an abortion without their consent, without even bothering to look at the other side of a coin. Say the doctors tell me with 90% certainty that my pregnant wife will die if she carries our baby to term. She wants to risk it, despite the danger out of aversion to killing a child.

In this scenario I'm not cool with the idea of having to raise a child all by myself if my wife dies. I'd be allowed to fight for the right to abort the baby off of that premise, no?

Or let's say I rape some girl. Because it's my seed and her womb is now jointly mine under this bizarre concept, I can force that woman to give birth, correct? Even if I'm in jail for the the child's entire life? Sorry but I can't even begin to fathom how anyone can think this is a good idea.

PS - Some of you might want to google how babies are made before commenting on the subject. Just a thought.

Nope. You could just state: "This law does not apply to rapes."
Case closed. What the OP proposes would only apply to normal relationships.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by queenofsheba
No. A woman's body is just that, hers. You think it's easy to be pregnant for nine months to support life? Without that woman, womb; you would have no life.

Without a man's penis and sperm, you would have no life.

And without a woman's womb, you for sure have no life. Women are the givers of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Stop making it Angelic , yeah pregnancy sucks , but you put yourself on a peddel stool here.

Men give you the ability to be the giver of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Test tubes. . . Incubators. . . It can be done without the womb. But not without the egg, or sperm. I think- There might have been a news item recently about using 2 human eggs to make an embryo.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm a woman...

And I believe that if a man can be subject to 18 years of financial raping by the court - he should also be given some say in the child's life.

BOTH partners have ways of preventing pregnancy. BOTH partners have to pay for the consequences. BOTH partners should have a say.

If you don't like it, how's about using some birth control? Or not jumping in the sack in the first place?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, yes the womans womb is her property during pregnancy. But I believe there should be a more definite ruling on this, such as only being hers during the first month or two of pregnancy. And as another poster stated, it is quite hypocritical to expect a man to pay child support when he doesn't want the child, while allowing the woman full right to abortion if she doesn't want it.

If a woman I was with got an abortion after two months without my consent i'd beat the # out of her, legal or illegal i don't care, this bitch would have killed my child.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't think any form of life, or parts of it, should be considered "property".

My 2c.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

No. A woman's body is just that, hers. You think it's easy to be pregnant for nine months to support life? Without that woman, womb; you would have no life.

Without a man's penis and sperm, you would have no life.

And without a woman's womb, you for sure have no life.

Yea.. I think you already said that. To which I replied.

Women are the givers of life.

So what...

And I think you meant "deliverer of life".

So what...
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Then dont have Kids , their your property until 18 years of age.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Bull[snip]

You can no more give life, than straw can turn into mice.

Last time I checked, even by RELIGIOUS standards, There was only ONE woman who could have a child without having a man deposit his sperm inside her....

And she was knocked up by GOD.

No woman in the history of EVER has EVER "Given" life.

This is a Crap argument, and completely emotional and baseless at that.

Walk into a box, with no human contact, for a year, and "Give" life.... eh?

You can't do it.

Because life is not yours to GIVE.

A woman's womb is not Magical, no matter what you may BELIEVE.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Sounds like an omelette?
A human being needs both male and feminine DNA ? or else they would be totally female with no male instincts at alll?
100% woman? zero % man. It could reduce the chances of someone becoming a Lesbian I guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I don't think any form of life, or parts of it, should be considered "property".

My 2c.

Good point! Property conotes "ownership".... If a part of a woman can be owned then why not the whole woman.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Stop making it Angelic , yeah pregnancy sucks , but you put yourself on a peddel stool here.

Men give you the ability to be the giver of life.

I never said pregnancy sucked. Your words, not mine. Certainly you put the child's life before yours in many ways. If abstaining from things means your "angelic" then I guess the definition fits. But in my experience, I had a dream of my daughter before I was pregnant and when I asked my husband if he'd like a "brown haired, blue-eyed baby girl" he said yes. And yeah, I was pregnant with her the next month and she looked exactly like she did in my dream as she did on the day she was born. So, in regards to your statement of, "Stop making it Angelic" perhaps it was for me.
She is my angel girl...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Im not disrespecting your Baby or motherhood , or not trying to anyway.

Women tend to put their role above the Farthers , and farthers can love their Children as much as the mother.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Do you think it's easy to live with a hormonal pregnant woman for 9 months?

Women aren't the only ones going through the pain of pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Sir , how may i give you a Star? Very nice statement.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Boreas

Or let's say I rape some girl.

OF COURSE!!!!

All men are rapists!

That's it EXACTLY!

Let's base legislation, not on consensual sexual relationships that happens to result in pregnancy... Let's assume that all men are RAPISTS!

Congratulations, you just failed.

Yeah because I said 'all men are rapists' right?
I'm talking about the consequences of giving men rights over a woman's decisions, but I'll relinquish the hypothetical and focus purely on consensual relations.

How about this, if you decide to have sex with a woman you're taking the risk that A.) She might get pregnant and B.) That she might get pregnant and decide to abort the baby. Maybe you, I don't know, shouldn't be screwing someone who's not on the same page as you?

Fact is, if you're choosing to copulate with a separate being, you're dealing with a human who's actions (like it or not) are outside of your control. The law isn't going to do squat for me if my girl decides to find a way to terminate the pregnancy outside of what's legal, or even takes her own life because she's not emotionally stable enough to handle it.

That's not to say I'm opposed to entertaining the idea of requiring a HUSBAND'S consent for his wife to abort a child, provided that a legal agreement is made prior to marriage (just like we do with financial matters).
edit on 24-6-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Bull[snip]

You can no more give life, than straw can turn into mice.

Last time I checked, even by RELIGIOUS standards, There was only ONE woman who could have a child without having a man deposit his sperm inside her....

And she was knocked up by GOD.

No woman in the history of EVER has EVER "Given" life.

This is a Crap argument, and completely emotional and baseless at that.

Walk into a box, with no human contact, for a year, and "Give" life.... eh?

You can't do it.

Because life is not yours to GIVE.

A woman's womb is not Magical, no matter what you may BELIEVE.

Some would say that giving birth is the most Magical moment in a man and woman's life. The most important day of your life, perhaps. And yes, it's the woman "giving birth," who is in "labor" and going through it. Haven't met a man to date who has "given birth" yet. If life was not mine to give, I certainly wouldn't have given life to my three children. They would have been born, what? Dead?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join