It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodday123

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Homosexuality is a sin against God's laws...nothing can change that.

A win for civil liberties, a win for freedom, a win for rights...yes

But in the view of God's laws, this is an abomination.

Thank God for God

You're a sin against my God's law. And your God is not my God, and thank God for that.

That sounds like a real witty reply...but explain how if your God is the God of the Bible, then how is it possible that homosexuality is not a sin?

Help me understand your logic?

My reply wasn't meant to be witty. I was demonstrating in very simple terms how not everybody shares the same concept of religion and God that you do. Not everyone abides by the Bible. Not everyone believes in the concept of God as he solely exists within the rigid, violent, and discriminatory context of the Bible.

So I don't particularly care what the Bible says about homosexuality because the bible was written and pieced together by man, and man is fallible.

I follow my own personal interpretation of what I want God and religion to be and to mean for myself.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

I understand that, many people have various views. Mine is that the law of God states homosexuality is a sin...and that there is no debate in that fact.

If you want to interpret the Bible differently or somehow discount its authority, that is just an attempt to justify what you know is untrue. Better to not be religious at all...

But you're mistaken. It is not God's law telling you to do something, it is man's law.

You were the one who was talking about logic earlier, so objectively prove to me that the words in the Bible originated from God. Otherwise, please humbly accept the reality that the text in the Bible originated solely from man.

But if you still believe that the Bible originated from God despite what I said, then God just told me that everyone needs to ignore most of the Bible, and He also told me that homosexuality is natural and moral. I guess since you believe that God speaks through people, you kind of have to believe what I said without objective proof that it originated from God.

In terms of you posting with a logical reply to my response, I'm going to assume that this is a lose-lose situation for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by DigitalControl
Homosexuality is not a sin, even according to the bible.
Post proof to me that it is.

Well that's not true..

..The truth, however, is that Christianity is based on the concept that Jesus changed the entire religious system of Judaism to accept everyone and be humble; not to judge, because God is the ultimate judge. Anyone claiming to be behind Christianity whilst judging homosexuals and demanding that they be afforded lesser rights than anyone is not a true Christian, but merely another blaspheming hate machine.
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

Your view of Christianity is not what is true...

Jesus did change laws to be more accepting and more tolerant, but Jesus never EVER said to turn your back on God's law.

Did he tell the adulterous woman to "not worry about it, that is just old law"?
Did he say what the people were doing was not sinful? No he stated, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

Forgive them for what? SIN!

Hey, hey, hey...read the bible.

Acts:
"We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell."

Collosians 2:14, NIV
"having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Hebrews
"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Religious people knock on my door all the time trying to get me or my wife and kids to join their cult and then going ballistic and screaming our souls will be damned when I tell them we aren't religious and don't want any part of their church or religion.

And you have the right to turn them away from your door in pretty much any non-violent manner you like. But in the schools, it is forced upon unsuspecting children against their parents wishes. Yes it is, and it's being done as social engineering. And when parents object, they are treated with disrespect and even intimidated. There was a story of one man who objected to the content of classes, and the school had a restraining order put on him tto force him to leave the grounds so he couldn't attend meetings and object. There really is something wrong in our society when these things happen. It is all part of the liberal agenda, and the even larger communist agenda to undermine our society.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Thank God for God

You're a sin against my God's law. And your God is not my God, and thank God for that.

That sounds like a real witty reply...but explain how if your God is the God of the Bible, then how is it possible that homosexuality is not a sin?

My reply wasn't meant to be witty. I was demonstrating in very simple terms how not everybody shares the same concept of religion and God that you do. Not everyone abides by the Bible. Not everyone believes in the concept of God as he solely exists within the rigid, violent, and discriminatory context of the Bible.

So I don't particularly care what the Bible says about homosexuality because the bible was written and pieced together by man, and man is fallible.

I follow my own personal interpretation of what I want God and religion to be and to mean for myself.

I understand that, many people have various views. Mine is that the law of God states homosexuality is a sin...and that there is no debate in that fact.

If you want to interpret the Bible differently or somehow discount its authority, that is just an attempt to justify what you know is untrue. Better to not be religious at all...

God is a representation of what you believe, and if YOU believe god hates gay people, then just say it instead of hiding behind religion you coward.

You can't say "well the bible says don't be gay" But the bible was not created by god in any way shape or form.

If you support a book that tells people to be racist, that makes you a racist.

Stop lying to yourself

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

Thank God for God

God is a representation of what you believe, and if YOU believe god hates gay people, then just say it instead of hiding behind religion you coward.

You can't say "well the bible says don't be gay" But the bible was not created by god in any way shape or form.

If you support a book that tells people to be racist, that makes you a racist.

Stop lying to yourself

The bible doesn't even say that, they just assume it does.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Beastiality (zoophilia)

Two words that don't exist and the actual words of which are not synonymous. This is off to a great start.

And in all the laws of creation and nature, sodomy and beastiality is an unnatural act.

!!!

Something that has evidently been around longer than the Bible is unnatural?

Not that it matters:

Owning guns is an unnatural act.

Drinking beer is an unnatural act.

Driving a car is an unnatural act.

Being religious is an unnatural act.

Hurricanes are natural.

Tsunamis are natural.

Solar flares are natural.

Tell me, which of these do you like more?

Wearing clothes is an unnatural act too.
Sitting behind your computer is an unnatural act too.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thank God for God

But you're mistaken. It is not God's law telling you to do something, it is man's law.

You were the one who was talking about logic earlier, so objectively prove to me that the words in the Bible originated from God. Otherwise, please humbly accept the reality that the text in the Bible originated solely from man.

But if you still believe that the Bible originated from God despite what I said, then God just told me that everyone needs to ignore most of the Bible, and He also told me that homosexuality is natural and moral. I guess since you believe that God speaks through people, you kind of have to believe what I said without objective proof that it originated from God.

In terms of you posting with a logical reply to my response, I'm going to assume that this is a lose-lose situation for you.

Sorry, I had to re-read that ?

OK, lets play this game...you prove to me that the Bible was INSPIRED from man and not God.

And your argument is that I have no argument because God spoke to you as he spoke to those who wrote the Bible, so in the same terms you have the same validity as the authors of the Bible...

I'm sure you don't expect me to take that seriously???

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Thank God for God

OK, lets play this game...you prove to me that the Bible was INSPIRED from man and not God.

And your argument is that I have no argument because God spoke to you as he spoke to those who wrote the Bible, so in the same terms you have the same validity as the authors of the Bible...

The bible doesn't say its a sin............

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Gay marriage is absurd, think about it, it makes no sense. The neoliberal/communist agenda has really gotten a lot of the people in this country brainwashed. Society is in major trouble and the people cheer. Sad.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well that's not true..

..The truth, however, is that Christianity is based on the concept that Jesus changed the entire religious system of Judaism to accept everyone and be humble; not to judge, because God is the ultimate judge. Anyone claiming to be behind Christianity whilst judging homosexuals and demanding that they be afforded lesser rights than anyone is not a true Christian, but merely another blaspheming hate machine.

It is true, however. Post a verse that say's homosexuality is a sin.

Well Leviticus yields the most overused one:

"And a man who will lie down with a male in beds of a woman, both of them have made an abomination; dying they will die. Their blood is on them."

Like I said, though, Levitican Law is Jewish, not Christian, it is only included in the Bible as an outline of how the faith evolved and to give a context to how the Jewish people acted in the Old Testament and outline the prophecies of Jesus' coming and how he would change the faith. He came and tried to change the faith, but the bigots hung on to the hate that was fabricated by Judaen priests in the Old testament because they're are ignorant of the book that they claim to base their lives on.

I've read 4 full versions of the Bible and I am now an Atheist by education. There is plenty of Old and New testament blasphemy that preaches against homosexuality, however, none of it is from Jesus himself (which is what Christianity is based on). Jesus instead tells everyone to get along and be peaceful, that is God's real will, which had been distorted by Jews for millenniums. Not unlike the Old Testament Jews, these "Christians" still hold on to these tidbits of blasphemy and call them "Christian values"; they are not. Whether they are analytically retarded or just haters, these self-proclaimed anti-homosexual "Christians" will not be going to this fabled "Heaven", Jesus was quite clear about that:

Matthew 7:3

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Mark 12:31b

'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

John 8:7b

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

That would be religious humanism, and the belief that there are no absolutes, and a belief in moral relativity.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thank God for God

Lmao, ok prove to me it was inspired by god?

Here is my logic

"I have a baseball" says A
"Prove it" says B
Pulls out baseball
"Okay you do" says B

Heres yours/Religious logic

"I have a baseball" Says A
"Prove it" B
"YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!" says A
"Wth....?" B
edit on 25-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

How is it anymore absurd then heterosexual marriage? A ritual and piece of paper that must be had to say you are committing yourself to another human being for life is what I find absurd.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Glad to see NY is giving people their civil liberties. Too bad other parts of the country are still so far behind.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well that's not true..

Your view of Christianity is not what is true...

Jesus did change laws to be more accepting and more tolerant, but Jesus never EVER said to turn your back on God's law.

Did he tell the adulterous woman to "not worry about it, that is just old law"?
Did he say what the people were doing was not sinful? No he stated, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

Forgive them for what? SIN!

Hey, hey, hey...read the bible.

Acts:
"We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell."

Collosians 2:14, NIV
"having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Hebrews
"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless"

I totally agree the new covenant with Christ, are you trying to say that Jesus never stood for any of the old laws? never accepted the 10 commandments? Please don't tell me you believe this...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Strong families equal strong societies. Look at history. This country has gone off the deep end and I am sure there is no return from the abyss. What do you hope to gain from a society that has lost its moral compass? The same types of behaviors were alive and well in the Roman empire, they lost their way, lost their morality and in the end you know what happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thank God for God

That isn't how debating works. You made the claim that the Bible was the authority of God. You made the claim that it is God's law saying that homosexuality is a sin because it was written in the Bible which somehow gives the text direct association to God. I asked you to provide objective evidence that God had any hand in creating the Bible. You're blindly believing that God had a hand in the creation of the Bible because you were told by other men that it was. Therefore the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

Yes, I am telling you that I have the same validity as the authors of the Bible, because I am a man telling you that God was channeled through me to send a message to you, same as how you believe without proof that God was channeled through the authors of the Bible.

I am expecting you to take me seriously, because I already know that you can't prove to me that God was channeled through the authors of the Bible, and I know that you can't prove to me that anyone in history who is said to have witnessed God in some form actually witnessed God.

You were told that these things are true. You don't even know why you believe what you're told by these people because you're choosing to accept them as truths based solely on blind faith about what one human told another human. So how is my word any less valid than that of another human being?

link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Did you just argue that Jews were bigots in olden days and that Jesus came to change that bigotry? Wow, just wow. He said he came not to change the law. Guess you missed that one. What he brought was forgiveness and love, not overlooking the laws of God and nature. Forgiveness is really a way to get back to God through penitence, not through ignorance of the law.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
Horray! I'm so glad that we as a people are growing up!!

How in the world can people talk of the sanctity of marriage when 50% of the population has been divorced, anyway? Where is the sanctity in straight marriage, I want to know. Yep, I'm divorced, and I've learned my lesson. Never again. Why can't others figure it out? Doesn't matter. Those who know true love, who truely love someone special in their lives should marry, no matter what. I wish all the best of luck and none of the pain some of us have had. Cheers!

And for those who decry such an advancement in human rights in the name of 'God'..... its your hell, YOU burn in it!!!!!!
edit on 25-6-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

That's actually incorrect. He could show you the bible. It's the claim that it was divinely inspired that you have an issue with. There is no contention that it was ultimately written by man. The contention is that it was written by man through divine inspiration. We can discredit your claims of divine inspiration merely because you are trying to establish that the Bible isn't real because you too can put words down onto paper. The only question that needs to be answered is whether the bible was divinely inspired. It's not something either party can prove or disprove. And it is not the same as you writing words claiming divine inspiration because you have an agenda. As with all faith, it's something that you just have to believe in.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join