It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goodday123

There is no point in arguing with some sad excuse for a human being who thinks that rape was the lesser of evil in Sodom and Gomorrah. You continue to regurgitate this crap after acknowledging that Jesus' primary message was not to judge? I feel sorry for your fictional afterlife 'rewards'.

It's pure blaspheming anti-logic. We'll just have to wait for "your type" to die off and allegedly go to the Hell that Jesus proclaims for blasphemers. Then we can make the world a more accepting place like Jesus intended.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

My personal opposition to same-sex marriage has nothing to do with love, or who cares for whom, or consenting adults. It all has to do with government. I have absolutely no problem with 2 guys going to a church and having a "wedding" or commitment ceremony. I do have a problem with the government endorsement of a same-sex relationship. What the legislatures in NY and other places have done is to say, "(1 Man + 1 Woman) = (1 Man + 1 Man)". It's not true, and it never will be, no matter how much the gay couple loves each other, or however many babies they adopt or bake up in a lab.
1M+1W will always be superior, because it is the joining of 2 different things. That same male/female relationship is the best possible foundation upon which to build a stable family. Having their mother and father cohabiting is the highest ideal for bringing up a child (if anyone disagrees with this, then we just have completely different worldviews and any further discussion will go nowhere). Additionally, that Father+Mother+Child relationship, the family, is the foundation of a decent society. It is one of the the most basic forms of government. When this relationship breaks down, so does the moral fiber of society.

Before casting aspersions on opponents of same-sex marriage, at least consider the possibility that it doesn't come from bigotry, homophobia, religious intolerance, or outright stupidity.
Consider that there may be wisdom in our institutions and traditions and logical reasoning behind them.
When considering homosexual behavior, ask not whether it is their right, or how they got to be that way. Ask "is it good for our society?"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Where does it stop?

When the marriage is abolished as a legal institution regulated by government.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
So now are the homo's going to help the polygamists get their "equal rights" now? I just watched a documentary on a women who is in love with her horse, will they be allowed to marry also soon. How about people that are related, why cant they marry also? Do you see where this is going? Where does it stop?

I don't think it's half as drastic as you say. Look, there have been two kinds of people throughout history. Those who love the other sex. Those who love the same sex. Marriage was merely extended to those who love same sex. It has nothing to do with animals or brothers and sisters getting married. I don't see where this is going. And it clearly stops at Gay marriage.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thanks for the info.

The bible is very violent. It shows me that man is very violent as well, and will try to justify his violence by claiming it's in the name of God. That's really pathetic imo.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
reply to post by Annee

LOL. Are you joking? Imagine what this world would become if this would become the standard. Maddness.

Oh - Let me re-post what you are referring to:

California Has More Than 50,000 Gay Parents

The institute's numbers are based on Census information. In the survey, California reported 125,516 couples, 21% of which are raising children. That means that one of every five gay couples is parenting.
------------------------------------------------

A world of well adjusted kids and loving families.

And as you said - - a strong society.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Sigh.....this is an often rehashed excuse for people not allowed basic freedoms. If a woman loves a horse, so be it....she's a rarity and not everyone is going to start marrying their pony because horse lover did.
And if a man wants to marry 5 woman and they are OF FREE WILL to make up their own mind then so be it, let him have his wives if they can handle that sort of social situation....I for one cannot, so I wouldn't involve myself in that or agree to it.
Free will still exists you know.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

It is part of the larger communist agenda, but only for the purpose of breaking down society to make it ripe for communist takeover.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldprophet
reply to post by SpaDe_

My personal opposition to same-sex marriage has nothing to do with love, or who cares for whom, or consenting adults. It all has to do with government. I have absolutely no problem with 2 guys going to a church and having a "wedding" or commitment ceremony. I do have a problem with the government endorsement of a same-sex relationship. What the legislatures in NY and other places have done is to say, "(1 Man + 1 Woman) = (1 Man + 1 Man)". It's not true, and it never will be, no matter how much the gay couple loves each other, or however many babies they adopt or bake up in a lab.
1M+1W will always be superior, because it is the joining of 2 different things. That same male/female relationship is the best possible foundation upon which to build a stable family. Having their mother and father cohabiting is the highest ideal for bringing up a child (if anyone disagrees with this, then we just have completely different worldviews and any further discussion will go nowhere). Additionally, that Father+Mother+Child relationship, the family, is the foundation of a decent society. It is one of the the most basic forms of government. When this relationship breaks down, so does the moral fiber of society.

Before casting aspersions on opponents of same-sex marriage, at least consider the possibility that it doesn't come from bigotry, homophobia, religious intolerance, or outright stupidity.
Consider that there may be wisdom in our institutions and traditions and logical reasoning behind them.
When considering homosexual behavior, ask not whether it is their right, or how they got to be that way. Ask "is it good for our society?"
Of course its not good for society, but the communists, capitalists and the zionists among us want to ruin our society and they have done a great job so far.

link   

Originally posted by Emeraldprophet
I do have a problem with the government endorsement of a same-sex relationship.

It comes from not understanding the right of Equality.

The government is not endorsing anything.

The government "of the people" has declared (as it should) Equality in marriage.

link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Thanks for the info.

The bible is very violent. It shows me that man is very violent as well, and will try to justify his violence by claiming it's in the name of God. That's really pathetic imo.

A lion eating an elk is violent too, but it is part of nature. Is that really the argument you want to take? Does the lion have to justify his violence for survival? When man tells other man he cannot shoot the lion because all the animals are good and sweet, and claims that man is violent, then it all becomes hypocrisy. I was pointing out to those who believe Jesus came to change the laws of Hebrews is inaccurate. I also clarified the misunderstanding of Jesus coming for peace. Yes, he is called the Prince of Peace, but he was willing to overturn the moneychangers. Yes, he did change some things, but not those laws which are considered to be of God.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have news for you. It isn't homosexuality or legalizing gay marriage that ruined American society. It's ignorance coupled with the rampant fear-mongering that is so prevalent in America. It isn't difficult to get someone to fear something and turn against it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Our government is understanding more and more that this truly is a secular government - - - and they are acting on that understanding.

Anti-gay religious people can squawk all they want - - - fact is religion is losing because this is a secular government.

Your religious rights are in your own "houses" - - - they are not in anyone elses.

Thank "god"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And - Thank you again to all the God believers who are tolerant and understand equal rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yikes! NY is catching up... But Berlin is still one step ahead with its (openly) gay mayor... Wonder when we will see that happen in the states...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.

One point I'd like to make about violence. It is clear that in the bible self-defense is acceptable. Jesus made an example of the law of karma by promoting non-violence. The whole turning of the cheek thing was to allow for the balancing of personal karma, and not as an advocacy for being a doormat. He also demonstrated the same principle when he replaced the ear of the Roman soldier after his disciple cut it off with the sword, and it was to stop the karmic action of his disciple. That is a pretty amazing story.
I believe in karma and reincarnation and I believe that early Christians understood these as laws of God and the Universe. It was when the Roman Emperor anathematized Origen and his teachings that the Church intervened on teaching of this principle.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have news for you. It isn't homosexuality or legalizing gay marriage that ruined American society. It's ignorance coupled with the rampant fear-mongering that is so prevalent in America. It isn't difficult to get someone to fear something and turn against it.
I guess that you dont know much about American history do you my friend? Without same sex families that produce offspring that are brought under the proper moral umbrella, we would have never had a society to speak off. Its the communist destruction from the inside out that has destroyed the fabric of our society. The fact that you think these things are OK goes to show it has worked my friend.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beltemps
Yikes! NY is catching up... But Berlin is still one step ahead with its (openly) gay mayor... Wonder when we will see that happen in the states...

We have openly gay mayors.

We also have at least one openly gay Transgender and an openly gay Transsexual major.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beltemps

When the North and South separate.

They can't even be honest with their American Idol contestants, too busy trying to de-gay the television cause it's "convertin' their kids" *gunshots into the air*

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Our government is understanding more and more that this truly is a secular government - - - and they are acting on that understanding.

You are joking right? You do know this has nothing to do with equal rights and everything to do with a political agenda right? You must be young, hopefully you will see that you have been manipulated in the future.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I wasn't putting forth an argument. I was commenting on how humans can be unnecessarily violent and sadistic, and how they can justify that violence and sadism by unjustly claiming that it is in the name of God, or that God said they had to act in that way.

But when have lions developed the level of consciousness and thought process that is comparable to humans, and when did lions develop a civilized society where they try to restrict violence as much as possible and debate the ethics of their own actions?

Are you seriously comparing the violence that an animal displays when eating prey for survival to the effects of unrestrained religious discrimination and violence in a supposed civilized human society? Is that an example that you really want to make?

Primitive humans who are out in the wilderness and who are hunting for survival can be closely related to lions hunting for survival, and the violence and gore inherent in such actions can be reasonably compared and contrasted. But religious violence in a "civilized" human society is violence of a different, more unnecessary breed that can't really be related to the violence that lions exhibit when they're attacking and eating their prey. Lions do it for survival, humans do it because they stupidly believe in something when they have the capacity to act civilized and when the have the capacity to make a choice.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join