It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

that is seriously one of the more pathetic attempts at logical association i have ever read.

seriously... jack swims. fish swim. jack's a fish!

i realize i have been baited by a troll. i will cast my 3rd level mage spell "release from troll" and step away from this train wreck.

blessings to all who celebrate life and love.

namaste real.

link   

Keep in mind, there are also hundreds of straight pedophiles.
If you're going to label all homosexuals as such, then going by your logic, all Christian priests are rapist who diddle children.

link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
Congratulations New York: your young sons have now become fair game for old paedophiles state-wide.

This is about gay marriage, not religious institutions. Those brothels of pedophiles have been legal for more than a century.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Comparing gay people to paedophiles:

Gays engage in anal/oral sex with those of the same gender.
So do pedophiles. 'Nuff said.

Pedophiles are sexually attracted to minors. Minors can not give consent. (what kind of sex act is immaterial)

Straights have anal/oral sex too.

Gays have - careers - families - drivers licenses - are part of a community - etc. - - - - Oh and so do straights.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Gays engage in anal/oral sex with those of the same gender. So do pedophiles. 'Nuff said.

So when a pedophile has vaginal sex with other gender, it is not pedophilia?

Maybe you should look up the word "pedophilia" in a dictionary, because I dont think you are aware of the meaning.
edit on 25/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/6/11 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

Originally posted by Stingray77
Congratulations to all the gay couples out there !

Just, please don`t adapt children and make them think what a union, between man & man, or woman & woman is a OK thing.

Before you stone me, I have a lot of friends, who are gay, and I tell them the same thing too.

What the hell....

How many children are being "raised" by unfit parents or people that really have no business having children? I see it all the time. And I'm talking about straight couples.

No doubt, what you "see it all the time".
All what I was saying, let the kids decide for themselves, if its ok to have 2 moms or dads, I live in Canada, and I seen first hand what kids, who were adapted by gay couple starting to think like.

I was co-parented by my parents and a gay couple and all that happened to me was I taught that two men or women in love is as normal and deserving as any straight couple and I'm sure you'll be shocked, but I didn't 'adapt' to anything and by adapt, I assume you mean 'catch the gay'...

How about we talk about kids adapting to drug and alcoholism, after growing up with addicted parents? Or watching their fathers beat their mothers, only to do the same when they become adults? I'm not suggesting these activities don't happen in gay and lesbian households, but your 'adaption' argument is ridiculous. All kids need is love, nurturing and respect and the beauty of a child's psyche is, they don't come into the world with pre-conceived ideas about homosexuality. If a child is being raised by two people who love and nurture them, no matter what gender or orientation they are, that child will only benefit. A child who is being raised properly is a happy and loving child, growing up into a happy and loving adult free from prejudice and their parent's sexual orientation doesn't mean they will also grow up to gay or lesbian.

But even if they do, so what?

link   
Good for New York. Let gay people be able to get married.

It's a small step, but it's definitely in the right direction. Nothing else to add, really. I don't wanna get caught up in the whole "BUT GAY MARRIAGE WILL TURN US ALL INTO INCESTUOUS PEDOPHILES" argument because you can't argue with people who believe stuff like that.

link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Gays don't want to come out because of people like you.

What would you do if your son was gay? Or your daughter. Doesn't matter.
How would you treat them. How do you think society will treat them. And now reconsider if you think they don't want to come out because they think it's wrong or if everyone else thinks it's wrong.

link   

Plus, normal people use sex for procreation: for what it is actually intended. Gays and pedophiles use it only to get their rocks off. Instead of taking full responsibility living their lives according to the laws of nature, gays, who are emotionally incapable of being real men, squander their lives in the pursuit of homosexual hedonism as an ultimate form of escapism. Imitating women, being "fabulous", and trying so hard to deceive others into thinking what they're doing is legit. Grow a pair of balls and learn to be a man.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

That seems like rather simple advice.

What the hell happened to all these hard core republicans that are christian and wanted to defend freedom?

I find it humorous that claim to be for personal freedom, but will attack gay marriage.

link   

link   
I do not believe this is the answer.

I personally do not care what two same sex individuals do behind closed doors, as long as the law is not broken.

My issue here is that marriage is a religious rite. What happened to separation of church and state??? The legal union of two people should be called something else for legal/tax purposes...a "civil union." To the religious zealots who are offended by this I say, "keep your faith in your church or house."

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Plus, normal people use sex for procreation: for what it is actually intended. Gays and pedophiles use it only to get their rocks off. Instead of taking full responsibility living their lives according to the laws of nature, gays, who are emotionally incapable of being real men, squander their lives in the pursuit of homosexual hedonism as an ultimate form of escapism. Imitating women, being "fabulous", and trying so hard to deceive others into thinking what they're doing is legit. Grow a pair of balls and learn to be a man.

Hey kiddo..I am all man and have a massive set of balls. I doubt you would be man enough to say that to this big corn fed midwestern gay man in person...so you sit safely behind your keyboard typing things you don't have the balls to say in real life.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Plus, normal people use sex for procreation: for what it is actually intended.

Normal people use sex mostly for pleasure, so your argument is invalid.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have to be honest, I've never understood why there has even been a push from the gay community for "gay marriage". Before the flames come, let me state my case. First off, I do not believe in any government giving anyone the right to marry, or not to marry. Yes, I am married. But the only reason the government gave me the paper stating that was the check I handed them when paying the TAXES. Second, majority of the movement is not about rights. It has been stated many times that "civil unions are not enough". If it was only about rights, civil unions would be enough. It just as much about shoving an ideology into anyone's face that does not approve, as the rights issues. What is more amazing is that most of the rights being fought for, are already had. Third, marriage in THIS country has traditionally been classified as man/women, and has always had major religious connotations. Why would the gay community feel the need for approval of an organization that clearly will never approve? I personally feel the way to go would be, government give EVERYONE a civil union, and your church is where you get married.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Plus, normal people use sex for procreation: for what it is actually intended.

I am so sick of the procreation ?argument?

Its so archaic it farts dust.

Makes one wonder why "god" made it so much fun and enjoyable - - - if it had only one intention.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Plus, normal people use sex for procreation: for what it is actually intended. Gays and pedophiles use it only to get their rocks off.

So you're against birth control? Seriously, though, you need to be sterilized if your brain is incapable of functioning outside of the realm of reproduction, we have population problem to deal with back here in reality.

Instead of taking full responsibility living their lives according to the laws of nature, gays, who are emotionally incapable of being real men, squander their lives in the pursuit of homosexual hedonism as an ultimate form of escapism. Imitating women, being "fabulous", and trying so hard to deceive others into thinking what they're doing is legit. Grow a pair of balls and learn to be a man.

The single most inaccurate generalization I have ever heard. I suggest you take your own advice in that last sentence, and might I add, "grow the hell up and get over yourself".
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Semantics. Playing around with words and definitions to try to justify your actions.
You are pedophiles because it is your wish to teach everyone that homosexuality in acceptable behavior, right? This includes educating minors of that, too, am I mistaken?

Parents: how would you really feel about some gay teacher telling your boy it's perfectly alright to blow his friend or take it in the ass from a teammate as long as it was consensual and safe-sex was practised?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

The concept of marriage has evolved throughout history. It isn't really even known whether or not marriage was originally a religious institution. It's more of a societal institution at its core, meant to establish kinship as well as to unify families and estates.

While I agree that perhaps marriage should be separated from the government, as long as marriage remains a legal institution with benefits superior to those offered through civil unions (at least in the US), then I believe that the concept of marriage should continue to evolve and expand in order to adapt with the changing of American society.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join