It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett
I live near here right now. I am packing and leaving to a friends as we speak.

Safe travel to you!
Check back in and let us know you're safe, when you get there.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
its interesting that there is next to news coverage about any of this or the melt down in progress in japan on the australian mainstream news. News outlets usually love death and destruction... i guess what they want is new death and destruction the same old chestnut gets boring and tedious after a while. good luck to those in the effected areas. remember material things can be replaced loved ones cant. get out until its safe to go back in.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Really? Over on this thread, you say you live in Florida. Multiple personalities, or just a liar?
ATS Post

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

can anyone pull up a map and rivers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by jam321
Levee breaks

cityatworldsend.wordpress.com...

This shows 3 miles north of Brownville and where the Cooper nuclear plant is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6eddb835386.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 23/6/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

where on this map is this that you say. spent fuel rods are stored and are they water proof.
edit on 24-6-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

there's pics of the loading of dry spent fuel storage tubes( 30' long stainless steel) into cement crypts outside of reactor at ground level on Fort Calhoons site. Seems that the feds didn't get a place to store them so in protest they put them out in the parking lot, maybe hoping that the problem would just wash away.
edit on 24-6-2011 by donlashway because: add link to pics
www.enterprisepub.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by donlashway because: add link to pics

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These sure are scary times we're living in, so much unknown, the msm constantly holding back the truth from us. Thank god we have forums like this one so the concerned people of the affected region can get some information on what's going on. I truly hope the levee holds preventing an almost certain disaster that would happen....To everyone in that part of the united states be safe~

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Papa Sierra
reply to post by new_here

do you own a road atlas or have the knowlege to google diffrent county's in the US cooper plant sits in nemaha county nebraska not in missuori which are the countys that they mentioned

Did you mean this?...

"Do you own a road atlas or have knowledge to google different counties in the US? The Cooper plant sits in Nemaha County, Nebraska-- not in Missouri, in which the counties they mentioned are located."

Please take some time to express yourself with at least minimal punctuation and capitalization. Also, the red squiggly line alerts you of your misspellings. All you have to do is right-click and it will give you a couple of options for the word you may be trying to spell. Rampant grammatical and spelling errors just make folks question your knowledge in other, perhaps more important areas.

But yeah, I do know how to Google. Information is not easy to come by. That's the main problem we're having in trying to discern the true nature of this latest levee breach.

sorry im just a country hick that happens to live 20 miles from Cooper.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Really? Over on this thread, you say you live in Florida. Multiple personalities, or just a liar?
ATS Post

Nice catch Navy...............ATS is full of snakes in the grass...........He will just sign up under a new avatar now........seen it too many times.........

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station is approximately 100 miles north of Brownville, NE. Depending on the stage of the spent fuel rods, they are either kept in a cooling pool or "dry cast" container. Based on my research, it looks like the spent fuel rods are supposed to be maintained in the cooling pool for a period of 5 years before they are transferred to the dry cast containers? Does anyone know more about this?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

can anyone pull up a map and rivers.

This is a zoom-in of MapQuest satellite imagery:
(Red labels are mine.)

link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Sierra

sorry im just a country hick that happens to live 20 miles from Cooper.

??? Then why did you say differently in this post?
Your family lives 20 miles away and you talk to them every day? Now you live 20 miles away? Are you trying to be misleading, or is it hard to keep track of your disinfo?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If this reactor goes down, then we have a nuclear disaster right on the Gulf Stream, which is bad for cities like New York, Washington D.C, Philadelphia and Boston. Then eventually the radiation would hit wester Europe, like Great Britain, France and Spain.

Not good for anyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

because i drive a truck and im never there that is where my family lives and i live there on weeks that im off so its really not my home its my wife and kids

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

ATS Post

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What about Three Mile Island?

Was it too old? Was it up to safety standards?

You can always fall back on the last one on your list, every disaster might be averted if proper safety measures are taken. But there is always that pesky problem with...human error.

It was the same age as Chernobyl and Fukushima, so yes, it wasn't a modern nuclear reactor.

And again, like I've said countless times before, not one person was killed by the Three Mile Island accident. The amount of radiation released was less than you'd receive from a commercial airline flight or a chest x-ray.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Update:

NRC says there is only two feet of water and that the plant is safe,
nebraska.watchdog.org...

The levee was breached not broken like you said in your title. Stop the lying and fear mongering, it just makes things worse.
www.examiner.com...

Edit: It's almost like you people want a disaster, which is kind of sick.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Although I'm no nuclear power insider I think that TMI was a good example to show that even after several mistakes a nuclear power station can be secured again. It's a good example for human error and several layers of safety protection. It's also a good example for overreacting public as they just don't understand the problem.

I think we have to seperate 'nuclear energy' and existing 'nuclear power stations'. In my opinion nuclear energy could be produced in a safe way as we know all the possible flaws. It's no problem to build a safe plant at least in theory. The problem is just the human operating the plant. Humans will always fail and those big bosses always try to maximise their profit.

I don't fear nuclear power - I fear those making money with it. They even don't pay for the waste they produce. Just build a cheap plant, don't spent much for repairs and sell produced power for a high price. After this just tell the public that they have to get rid of the waste as it's the taxpayer paying the bill for the waste treatment/research/storage ( at least here in Germany).

So as we won't get those big bosses to build the latest secure plants with all the waste treatment planned bevore they start using it we have to say : Nuclear power NO as the risk is just too high. It's not the physics that is unsafe, it's just what wemake out of it

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join