It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Sierra
reply to post by cloaked4u

another fear monger on here i see the levee breach they are talking about is on the missouri side cooper sits on the nebraska side and south so the breach will divert some water away from the plant

Look, nobody is fear-mongering, ok? People are seriously concerned and seeking information. If the news in the last couple of days had been readily available, up-to-date, people would not have been scrambling around trying to find out for themselves. It is not unusual to fear the worst when facts are not forth-coming from supposed NEWS sites. So back off of the name-calling, and provide a link (visual preferably) to your information that the breach is on the opposite side from the Cooper plant.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A sigh of relief? "nebraska.watchdog.org" is reporting that Gregory Jaczko, Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, is headed to Nebraska!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Western Atchison County in Northwest Missouri due to a levee breach.

The warning is in effect until 10:30am Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

At 9:21pm Thursday, a levee on the Missouri River faied 3 miles north of Brownville, Nebraska, causing flash flooding of areas near the levee failure.

Emergency Management officials are urging people in the Missouri River flood plain west of I-29 in Atchison County to evacuate to higher ground as soon as possible.

Mark Manchester, Atchison County Emergency Managment Director tells Channel 6 News there are between 200-250 homes in the evacuated area.

Locations impacted include Phelps City, Langdon and Watson.

Manchester said two board members were patrolling the levee Thursday night when it failed in two places. He said it happened so suddenly the two people weren't sure if they would be able to get off the levee in time.

Manchester says the levee breach is about six miles upstream from the Cooper Nuclear Power Plant. It has not impacted the plant. In fact, Manchester says the river level went from 901.3 at 8:15 p.m. Thursday down to 899.7 at 7 a.m. Friday.

The plant continues to operate and all protective measures to ensure safety of the plant and operations are in place.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop2199
reply to post by mikellmikell

You are correct that this plant is shutdown. However, even in a shutdown mode, these plants can't simply turn off everything. They have spent fuel containment pools to continue to cool. If they lose power to the cooling pools for long enough, the spent rods will overheat and that's bad.

Once again... Fort Calhoun, which is north of the levee breach is the one that is shut down. Cooper Nuclear Facility, just a few miles south of the breach, is running at full power.

EDIT: Nevermind... I just saw your statement at the bottom of your post. Sorry!
edit on 6/24/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So japan gets hit with a nuke disaster
now the us...(potentially)

if england or france deals with a disaster, I call shenanigans...someone is attacking the west through clever use of technology to make it appear natural!

ok, had to get that paranoia thought out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

do you own a road atlas or have the knowlege to google diffrent county's in the US cooper plant sits in nemaha county nebraska not in missuori which are the countys that they mentioned

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

The Fukushima and Chernobyl reactors were not modern reactors, and neither were following proper safety procedures. If any type of power plant ignores proper safety procedures there's going to be an accident that kills a lot of people.

Edit: With modern reactors it is incredibly difficult to have a meltdown. If anti-nuclear activists hadn't stopped the construction of new nuclear plants, we could have started moving ahead to the current generation of nuclear reactors rather than relying on less safe obsolete reactor technology like the nuclear plant in Nebraska that this thread is discussing.

ooooook

this is for you - go to 4:45

edit on 24-6-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the one is already surrounded by water, look at the pic. Also nobody know where the spent rods are kept. Also, if the levy is breached on the other side then that water has to go somewhere, maybe it will come back around and breach somewhere else. How is the weather forcast? does it say more rain, more flooding and will the water get higher? Many questions, that people would like to know before the MEGA DISSASTER HITS if any, OK.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Papa Sierra

That reminds me,,,,,how are those nuc reactors doing that are now in States where drought exists? last i heard they were running out of cooling water?
Anyone else remember that story?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Thunderstorms and rain ,,,Tues/Wed/Thurs
Thats for 3 miles North of Brownville and area.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I live near here right now. I am packing and leaving to a friends as we speak.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

maybe you should stop trying to scare people since you have no clue as to what is going on you have no idea how many upgrades cooper has made since 93 and it survived then and ill bet it survives this one to check your facts get things straight

Hey man, I like your avatar

Think about it this way please...

People are conditioned to remain calm although some situations may require doing everything but remaining calm as when the levee breaks, "momma you gotta go"...

They want us to fear certain things at certain times and in those cases I agree with your sentiment.

There are the things that we are told to fear and things we fear without being told.
The former are usually less justified then the latter yet the MSM is but a tool of our keepers instead of some public service announcement machine, which is what it should be, more or less, so they blare the message of what they want us to fear (debt ceiling, jihadists etc etc et al) yet say little or nothing about the real fears such as Fukushima or the fact that 48 US nuclear sites have now been found contaminated on some level etc etc...

I am positive that one could go on ad infinitum while comparing the various "projected threats" versus the potentially Real threats and that the above statement is very incomplete yet... why fear other people projecting fear?

This place is just one of many little spaces where for a split second they can project whatever they want upon this tiny screen...

I fear them not!

I invite them to try as they may to paralyze as many as would just as easily be paralyzed by MSM faux fears...

See my point?

Better well said....Do you see the strength of this position?

Yes, Freedom of speech is a prime concern of mine yet sometimes moreso is the thought that "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spencer

and even though I am a Theosophist I will now give out the proper bible verse so as the christians of the group can witness a bible verse that corresponds well with the above quote by Herbert Spencer...

Rev 22:11
"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Or I could go on about polished turds yet I am sure that you get the gist of it by now

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

you must live somewhere on the missouri side so can you tell me if trails-end is closed due to water levels

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Gee great, all we need now is a tornado to pass or lightning strikes to cause some kind of terror now that it is crippled. More flooding, hmmm i predict another breach and rising water. JUST GREAT, thats all we need. A fukeshima in the middle of the U.S.A WHEN do we start glowing. Anyone up for catching that great big 3 headed fish.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Subject: Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

Reality: No, it hasn't broke. It MAY break. But it has NOT broke. Stop the lies!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"the one is already surrounded by water, look at the pic. Also nobody know where the spent rods are kept. Also, if the levy is breached on the other side then that water has to go somewhere, maybe it will come back around and breach somewhere else. How is the weather forcast? does it say more rain, more flooding and will the water get higher? Many questions, that people would like to know before the MEGA DISSASTER HITS if any, OK."

The spent fuel rods are all stored at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

how far away is that to the flooding going on. And is this place in the path of the flood?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

look at it this way watch the right hand and see what its doing dont pay any attention to the left hand
hey everybody look at the power plants they my cause a problem due to the floods
never mind the flood was man made thats not the issue the issue is the power plants sorry but the real issue is the White house and corps of engineers that caused the flood to begin with all because of some birds laying there eggs along the river banks in early spring

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by new_here

do you own a road atlas or have the knowlege to google diffrent county's in the US cooper plant sits in nemaha county nebraska not in missuori which are the countys that they mentioned

Did you mean this?...

"Do you own a road atlas or have knowledge to google different counties in the US? The Cooper plant sits in Nemaha County, Nebraska-- not in Missouri, in which the counties they mentioned are located."

Please take some time to express yourself with at least minimal punctuation and capitalization. Also, the red squiggly line alerts you of your misspellings. All you have to do is right-click and it will give you a couple of options for the word you may be trying to spell. Rampant grammatical and spelling errors just make folks question your knowledge in other, perhaps more important areas.

But yeah, I do know how to Google. Information is not easy to come by. That's the main problem we're having in trying to discern the true nature of this latest levee breach.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by Deetermined

how far away is that to the flooding going on. And is this place in the path of the flood?

The Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station is located between Blair, NE and Omaha, NE. And yes, it is in the path of the flood. I've been checking the river levels for Blair on NEMA's website. In the last 9 days, the water has risen 1' foot and authorities say it needs to rise another 3-1/2' to reach "disaster level".
edit on 24-6-2011 by Deetermined because: to complete answer

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join