It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] 2 = effortless / FTR Update 8/9/04

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
2 = effortless

I have no idea !!!

[edit on 9-8-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
it prolly means that the second clue (the one we just solved last night) is effortless, we're just thinking too deep and hard to see the answer is plainly in front of our face...

edit: did anyone figure out what #2's bio picture says? I musta missed it if it was an old clue...

[edit on 9-8-2004 by DarkFlame]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Or maybe the second word is "effortless"... the one that shattered the philistines?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFlame
it prolly means that the second clue (the one we just solved last night) is effortless, we're just thinking too deep and hard to see the answer is plainly in front of our face...

edit: did anyone figure out what #2's bio picture says? I musta missed it if it was an old clue...

already solved..... engineering.purdue.edu...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Could be that the second clue was effortless compared with that to come
Or there is something in clue two that should be effortless to find
Or 2 = effortless Too effortless
Or 2 is effortless, but what is 2 if not the second clue

Just some thoughts

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Worked on thread2, but cannot really find too much in there.

Name: Above Top Secret 3.1 � The Hunt � urgent 0,1,3,4
The only thing that stands out is that the first post is missing.

Luckily I copied all of their earlier posts to my website
: The first post was:

0vnasoraoalt5ted4edgswelpdiutwnx0boeiddlasnahebx9eustisdltelchex0ero
esealhwloatx4nmnacctueaynvrxifetrouaposoteaxhoshevrsllauabyxausineet
odcrceex

Which was translated by amantine to:

040904 i have been found
our messages on this site are now discovered secure all data stop all
uploads the old line was actually our 5th contact we have been betrayed
xxxxxxxxx 2 9

Not much else in there. 2 only had one post on ATS before. If you check his status in the members area, it will show no posts. So, they have been deleted. His posts and stats at the time of the start of this game, is here:www.icebunnies.com...
I tried forum 2 as it may lead us into the right forum, but we are not permitted in there.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk
Or maybe the second word is "effortless"... the one that shattered the philistines?

I like this idea

I'm thinking the 4 and 4th clues were variations of the FIRST clue. We received Simon's message and then we got the '4' as the first clue to deciphering it. When nothing happened we got '4th' as a nudge. I think this clue is the next one....the second one. One thing I was thinking but can't check out because Purdue's site is down for me is.....did we ever solve the second clue we received? There were two early clues we never deciphered. Maybe 'effortless' is the key to solving that unsolved clue?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Oh k, you know how the "4th" appeared on the rings page... which ment that every fourth letter of the poem had to be used to form the new clue... well could the 2 mean, that every second letter has to be used to form the new clue... use the poem lines that were recently solved (the twenty something lined one... u know... LOL!)

Well i hope that points you's in the right direction...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameo131i
Oh k, you know how the "4th" appeared on the rings page... which ment that every fourth letter of the poem had to be used to form the new clue... well could the 2 mean, that every second letter has to be used to form the new clue... use the poem lines that were recently solved (the twenty something lined one... u know... LOL!)

Well i hope that points you's in the right direction...

okay in thinking this way, I took the first line...

and of the four the final is most strong...

taking the 2nd letter...

note orhfnlsottog ???

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Been going at this one to no avail. Tried approaching it from many ways. How is everyone else doing? btw, here is a nice tool, in case it turns out to be some kind of anagram.

www.ssynth.co.uk...

Keep hunting everyone!

C.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From the Thesaurus: effortless- adj. easy (as pie or as A, B, C, or as 1, 2, 3), simple, painless, smooth, troublefree, uncomplicated.

Maybe 2 easy or 2 simple, Simon Gray is the second member listed maybe Simple Simon??

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How is everyone doing? This is either a pretty hard clue, or most of us are just too blind. Ive tried things from simple to very complex, as I filled up a notepad file worth of scratch notes. Lets try to crack it before bedtime. We can do it!!!

C.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Everything you need is laid out before you my friends.

You need to clear your thoughts of overly complex digging... and look for the simple solution.

new topics

top topics

join