It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Beautiful video, I just couldn't help but think of how ruined that tribe was after that encounter. They probably had looong stress free life expectancy, then technology came wandering through the woods...

Again, beautiful video.

Not so much technology, but the use of it. Usurpation and control, war and plunder. Technology for peaceful applications is awesome because it's not mandatory and eases things in the universe greatly.

We must wrest technology from the war suppliers.

My point was more along the lines of "that day they came in contact with creations/inventions which negated their need for nature in certain ways". They had probably been looking at their reflection in water, but the mirror kind of takes away the "need" to do so. I'm of the belief that man, and nature should be in unison, and these days, our dependence on nature is surprisingly sparing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
so the white man gave them...fire...tools...a mirror...oh that mirror made me laugh...he thought it was voodoo lolol

as someone said on youtube i bet a week later they all died from dysentry lol

great video thanx dude S+F

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Amazing!! truely amazing! Gave me goosebumps! Filmed in the year i was born as well! Wow!

Thanks for posting this, going to show it to alot of folks!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Despite the touching quasi-Native American world music, this is potentially very disgusting.
What is Jean Pierre Dutilleux's motivation?
Some even argue these serial tribal "hunters" have a competitive personality disorder.
They are leaving nothing useful, except for footage that attracts hordes of imitators.
In one sense they are no better then people who come to Africa to shoot an endangered species.
What helpful thing are they leaving these people, while ATS thinks this is so wonderful?
I bet the tribes wish it never it happened, if they knew how it was manipulated for cash they will never see.

In this following BBC documentary it is debated on how and why tribes should be contacted.

One gentleman says it all: It's just like some people go bungy jumping, so others must feel they contacted a tribe.
In New Guinea, a former pro tennis star (Kelly Woodford) now leads people into the jungle, to "contact" supposedly unknown tribes.

It's a shame and disgusting to lure and contaminate people like that.
But fortuantely it's mostly a hoax - wheresoever the rest of the idiots go, Dutilleux has been there before.
Yip, to over 50 tribes (although he might hoax too).
Sickening. It's like human trophies in a sense.

edit on 23-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Why are you trying to contaminate me with your culture and self-styled superiority? Surely that's mighty hypocritical of you. Leave me alone. extra DIV

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Awesome Video. Everything has a beginning, and this is the beginning of new understanding for this tribe.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great video , but also sad because now the pureness of these people will be ruined forever, with Items they never knew that they existed.And will dream about it and some may be wanting the leave to find the bigger world, what will happen then? Thats why other civilizations do not want to make contact with earth I think!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These are The Toulambi.

jpdutilleux.com...

Not 1976 but post 1993.

Film maker is Jean Pierre Dutilleux.

jpdutilleux.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A valuable share

I d like to add that as of this day there are still "uncontacted civilizations" (Google the term to find out more).

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by polytickle
I was in New Guinea around that time (mid 70's).This video could easily have been shot in the highlands region where I spent considerable time. The natives up there, in those days were wonderful gentle people and some of the stories I could tell you would make you laugh and cry.
Problem is, then we introduced them to the concept of money and taste of alcohol etc. Our missionaries, whilst they thought they were doing good, tried to convert them to our religions. Frankly, we tried to take a civilisation that was maybe 40,000 years behind us into our own supposedly civilised world..
It was a big mistake.
On my next trip, some 15 years later, white peoples homes were surrounded by high fences and barbed wire, you could no longer feel safe walking around .. especially at night. There were burlaries, assults and rapes where previously there had only been natural curiousity and friendship.
Sadly, we stuffed up big time there like we have in so many other places.

Dunno if this quote is for real, but this really made me sad. It becomes obvious to me at least what the true disease of the world is...white man culture and religion, sorry to say but true.

Which "white man culture" would that be? I'd be interested to know.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am just awestruck in so many ways. Thank you for posting this. If I could give you more than one star and flag I would.

My observations:

1. How amazingly these tribesman have shown what true human nature is when confronted with the unknown. They were not panicked and didn't rush to their weapons... they were secure in themselves and their place in the world... they simply cautiously investigated and learned the wonders of this new being.

-- Imagine if the rolls were reversed. Our society has shown us through movies and books that when confronted with an unknown and potentially more advanced being - we assume it's here to kill us and rush to grab a gun.

2. How western culture and "civilization" have brought us true vanity. As the tribesman saw themselves for the first time in the mirror and heard themselves for the first time on the tape recorder... their reactions were first of amazement but almost immediately followed with nervous embarassement.

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Gen 3:7

-- How sad that in our natural state we don't know to be self-conscious about our experience or how we sound to others. In our world we learn in our earliest pre-schools to keep up the mask...

3. Whatever the spice was that was put on the rice had a demonstrable reaction on the tribesmen. One of them even "jumped" upon tasting it. Was it sugar? Was it salt?... either way. Notice the way they ate after tasting it? From the looks of their bodies - food was ONLY something you ate to survive... not some luxury to waste time on.

-- Our world has made even food and drink into something we express our decadence in. Gluttony has become one our best traits...

Anyway, I'm profoundly moved by watching it... and if you've read my other posts - you'd be surprised.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks OP, Great post! Snf

This is THEE most satisfying and sad video I've seen in a long time.

Satisfying in the fact that this video shows how important we all are to each other and sad in the fact that this tribe may have been introduced to a society that is flawed and metaphorically very far away from mother nature.

I hope this tribe has kept to themselves

I think if I were to find a tribe that has not been in contact with the global society that I would just as much want to introduce them to that society as I would protect them from it.

I know it's human nature to want to connect but the rationalization of interfering with a lone civilization would be a connection I would have to think long and hard about unless outside forces give you no choice... and even then it would be a hard choice as you could say "no"..

On the brighter side, I love how human gestures such as smiling are a constant throughout our species
Their smiles made me happy.

As much as i believe that we must proceed with science to understand and perhaps find our place among the stars we must also find our roots.

I could have EASILY watched days worth of footage of this (without the music).

Respect,

-AS-

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Really cool i only wish their was no music

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The moment where they are trying to wipe the "White" of the guys skin is crazy. Really neat video, and does help one understand how white traders could move into north america and trade trinkets to the native people in exchange for furs or land...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

lol hes like whoa hows your skin like that rubbing his arm

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!! I will recapture your pointless post with one of my own!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by polytickle
I was in New Guinea around that time (mid 70's).This video could easily have been shot in the highlands region where I spent considerable time. The natives up there, in those days were wonderful gentle people and some of the stories I could tell you would make you laugh and cry.
Problem is, then we introduced them to the concept of money and taste of alcohol etc. Our missionaries, whilst they thought they were doing good, tried to convert them to our religions. Frankly, we tried to take a civilisation that was maybe 40,000 years behind us into our own supposedly civilised world..
It was a big mistake.
On my next trip, some 15 years later, white peoples homes were surrounded by high fences and barbed wire, you could no longer feel safe walking around .. especially at night. There were burlaries, assults and rapes where previously there had only been natural curiousity and friendship.
Sadly, we stuffed up big time there like we have in so many other places.

Dunno if this quote is for real, but this really made me sad. It becomes obvious to me at least what the true disease of the world is...white man culture and religion, sorry to say but true.

Which "white man culture" would that be? I'd be interested to know.

Answered in my other post when asked pretty much exactly that same question by another poster.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That was an awesome video!

I felt like I was watching a historical moment!But I guess that's what it was though wasn't it?

Seeing those axes in hand must have been a little frightening though.Especially because you wouldn't know how they might react!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What a beautiful video, it's so nice to come here and cry good tears instead of desperate ones for a change.

I'm new so hello all, I've been avidly following this site for months now and I don't know what I would do without ATS!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by looming
What a beautiful video, it's so nice to come here and cry good tears instead of desperate ones for a change.

I'm new so hello all, I've been avidly following this site for months now and I don't know what I would do without ATS!

Maybe not cry so much?

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Neat video but I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea. Those people were probably better off never having been disturbed. Those men just destroyed a culture & way of life we have too few of to spare.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join