1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I would disagree. I don't see how "white man's" culture is worse than say that of the Aztecs, who committed mass murder just so the sun continued to rise, or the cannibalistic African tribes, or the Native Americans who warred with each other, or the Egyptians who were slave owners, and so on and so forth. All cultures have their bad, along with the good.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is so fake, I realized that in the first 2 and 1/2 minutes. It's amazing how many people cant see through the acting (good acting, not great)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I would disagree. I don't see how "white man's" culture is worse than say that of the Aztecs, who committed mass murder just so the sun continued to rise, or the cannibalistic African tribes, or the Native Americans who warred with each other, or the Egyptians who were slave owners, and so on and so forth. All cultures have their bad, along with the good.

You are absolutely right and there are many cases such as the ones you mentioned. But dominance belongs to the European invaders, as their way was the most effective in terms of overtaking new land and converting native culture onto their own.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Awesome video. I wonder how likely it will be for disease to set in from this encounter.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
First of all, the video is awesome, very touching and it reminds us that we are all humans. I would love to have that experience. However, while this contact was inevitable, consider how this was the beginning of the end for most of these tribes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That was so beautiful I cried, ty.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Well this is My Favorite ! For the First Time Contact of another Race Tribe that has Higher Technology Advancement then The Primitive Native Indigenous People as I have Posted this Many Times

How True this clip is ! Whether ITs Aliens from another World or Just Plain Advanced Us!

One has to Wonder !
Has Modern Man as We are Today been around for 250,000 Years as Scientist Claim.. and if We are !

and you see the Advancement of Technology From the Turn of the last Century 1900s To Now and
Thats in Just 110 years Time !
From That Ratio Man Has Advance them Selves Very Very Little until Just Recently from
Just the Last 100+ years ...

as to Why !
Ohh One Fraction of the Problem was the World WAS known to be Flat
& The Earth was the Center of the Universe

How Religion Was Created
www.thelivingmoon.com...

how GOD and Religion created?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i would have to agree w an above poster. i think this video is a fake. i think both the white man and the natives would have been much more apprehensive approaching eachother.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is pretty fascinating. For some reason I can't help but think this is staged, but I am more cynical than most people. If indeed this is real, then the white guy is pretty brave... how did he know that the tribesman wouldn't stab him in the neck with a spear and then eat him

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm trying to imagine what it must be like to see yourself in the mirror for the first time ever. The tribes people obviously have never seen a mirror and they probably think that it is some magical device or something of that nature. I wonder if they even realize that they are looking at themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wow!

I have to admit: I was skeptical before watching the video. I thought maybe it was going to be a "staged" first contact. Knowing how much Papua New Guinea had been visited prior to 1976. But, this appears to be the real deal.

It's fascinating! Absolutely lovely.

Travelers (real travelers ... with no other ulterior agenda) reaching out to a civilization that had no previous knowledge of our kind. Fills me with love.

A. MUST. WATCH.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Pretty much how we'd act if we came in contact with a highly advanced alien species

Great video.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Purely self indulgent evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I didn’t watch the video yet, since those kinds of sites are blocked while at work, but I don’t think it matters, I can pretty much guess how it goes.

White man barges into an untouched indigenous tribe who’s been living freely, happily and successfully for THOUSANDS of years. Give them trinkets and food to earn their trust and acceptance then BAM! Begin the westernization process. Introduce our culture, our religions, our behaviors, our history, our diseases, all while slowly tearing down their own way of life. Who the F**K do we think we are? What right do we have to assume dominance over them? It makes me sick.

It’s a matter of jealousy really. We’re jealous. We envy them because they have something we don’t, and we can’t stand it. The have freedom. Freedom from religious oppression, freedom government rule, freedom corporate control, freedom from taxes, money, insurance, laws, media, fashion, technology, social anxiety, trends, stress, pollution . . . the list goes on and on. So we seek them out, in the name of “good will and Christian faith”, and we infiltrate their communities. We show them our way of life, with all its pretty bells and whistles, and we trick them into assimilation. At least we stopped killing them outright.

I suggest you watch the video. The look of pure joy on the faces is priceless. There is 1 lady who is kind of leaning forwards and her smile is worth billions, it was awesome. But who knows how it turned out in the end. It could have been really good for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is exactly the reason many argue for ancient astronaut theory. I do not believe it 100%, but I believe it is something not to scoff at, and examples like this gives a person time to say hmmmm.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the song or the artist in the video?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That really was amazing...If only kindness had survived instead of greed, I couldn't even fathom what the world would be like...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Greatest video I have ever seen!!!! Imagine the things that were running through their heads. Does anyone know why they were hitting their heads after eating the rice? Was it because it was so good, or was it their third eye shutting closed, lol? Sad to think this happened in the U.S. but that white man didn't bring so much joy with him.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You know to be honest with all the negative comments flying around I had to interject.

I understand why you would think that there is no reason we should have introduced ourselves to an un-contacted culture but.....

I think the most important aspect of obtaining footage like this is not what they can learn from us.. I think the most important thing is what we can learn from them..

In the scope of earth's history it was but a hiccup ago that our people were living in an equally impoverished manner. This footage is a window into the past and who we were not so long ago. It is absolute proof that we can survive without all this technology we put so much pride in and it should humble every single one of us.

Personally I think there is more for us to learn from them.
edit on 23-6-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow this is a realy special video! These are true emotions. Wow.
I also do not get all the negative comments, the natives had a good time, ate some good stuff, maby got some goodies.
If we were contacted by aliens, and they were like this explorer, we would have some fun and then he would go away, and our society wont collapse. Although I dont think we would react like these guys would....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join