It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 33,000 Troops Home by Next Summer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
100,000 TROOPS HOME?

put them on the southern border!!!

link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Um why not? Usually when a war ends we leave. Yeah? This is the longest war we've ever fought, longer than WWI and WWII combined. Usually we leave, and keep one base in the region (we have one already ... in Kuwait) We need to leave, we kicked their ass now go home.

I understand your point...believe me. I'm anti-war. But we all knew that he's not going to pull all the troops out. It's planned that the troops will stay there long after he leaves office.

link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Anybody else notice:Not a single American Flag was displayed during the speech.

I have never seen a POTUS speak in the WH without flags in the background.

Its not like he never stands around American flags.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Um why not? Usually when a war ends we leave. Yeah? This is the longest war we've ever fought, longer than WWI and WWII combined. Usually we leave, and keep one base in the region (we have one already ... in Kuwait) We need to leave, we kicked their ass now go home.

B...But..

Think of all the money Xe and Halliburton would lose if we did that!

Hell, pulling the troops out and costing our congressmen and women millions in unpaid kickbacks? That would be just plain unAmerican.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

come on

ge general electric has been in bed with government for over 70 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I know.. but it just pisses me off to see anti-war people saying that operating "half a war" is good enough. It's not. They did their job bring em home.. if you keep troops there for this long, it's no longer called a war, or an occupation, it's called colonialism.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Another politically correct, one hand tied behind our back, "proportional response" sorty carried out with no good result. Within six months of our leaving, al Qaeda and the Taliban will be spending the money they harvest from the poppy crops to buy more weapons to carry out more terrorist attacks around the world. Pakistan Pockistan will wobble until AQ takes their nukes away from them.

We'll be no better off, Mrs. Muhammed still won't have the right to vote, and Obama will brag about how he made the world safer. And the fools will vote for him once again in 2012.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I know.. but it just pisses me off to see anti-war people saying that operating "half a war" is good enough. It's not. They did their job bring em home.

I'm with you. Not that this it makes things much better, but imagine if McCain had won election, would likely be worse.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

ge general electric has been in bed with government for over 70 years.

So have many other corporations...including big oil.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
this nation has a long history with the polticalization of war.

bin laden is dead al queda drawn and quartered the mission is accomplished.

bring them all home

obama knows this the only thing he isdoing is delaying the inevitable.

afgjhanistan will go back to the status quo nothing we do will change that.

you cant make people do what you want them to the only thing you can do is get out of the way and save american lives and treasure.

a decade of war is enough 1 year isnt going to make a difference.
edit on 22-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

right so why just call one out?

call them all out or none at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

100,000 TROOPS HOME? put them on the southern border!!!

I agree that putting troops along the border to keep violent drug runners out of the country is a good idea...but I don't think we need 100,000 to do that. For those who live along the border, it would feel similar to marshal law. I wouldn't want to see endless amounts of military vehicles and armed soldiers all around the town I live in...and by saying that i mean no disrespect to them.

Would give the feeling of a military state...know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

right so why just call one out? call them all out or none at all.

I do all the time man! GE is demonized by big oil because they want a piece of their pie. Big oil demonizing GE for the same reason. It has nothing to do with the good of the country, only their pockets.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

its not enough

there are millions of acres american land inaccessable to americans

surge the border and police it.

have you not heard that us national parkland americans are denied access due to drug cartels?
edit on 22-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If 33,000 troops are sent home any time soon then this will be about the only
honest claim President Obama has made thus far in his presidency.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

obama knows this the only thing he isdoing is delaying the inevitable.

That may be true, Obama is basically makign this decision based on the division of his advisors. Some want to keep all the troops there, some want them all home. He has done again what he's done before....went toward the middle. It wasn't long ago he was criticized for not sending MORE troops than he originally did.

It's not going to matter what happens, he's not going to please everyone on this issue no matter what he does.

In any regard, I'm certainly glad to see some troops coming home.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
that's just the surge he's removing...so it will be back to pre-surge numbers...it's what he said he'd do when he campaigned and he's doing it now? talk about timing...isn't there an election coming up soon?

Yup that's what I thought, and I believe that he said that all the troops would be out in 2016(or it could of been 2014). Either way it's after his term is up, so that leaves a lot up to the imagination

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

i want them all home they can do more good here in and out of uniform.

i have no compassion left for the rest of the world.

this country needs to take care of her own.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

its not enough there are millions of acres american land inaccessable to americans surge the border and police it. have you not heard that us national parkland americans are denied access due to drug cartels?

There are people working on the border now, it's just not enough. Like I stated, 100,000 is a lot of soldiers who will most likely have better equipment and be able to cover far more ground.

I agree it's definitely a long patch to cover. And that's just the southern border...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Best comment this year on ATS.
I couldn't agree more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join