It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 33,000 Troops Home by Next Summer.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

surge troops-Reinforcement forces.
Usual unlike a normal force,Reinforcement forces can be recalled at any time.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes thank you, I did look it up and I understand more now. I am currently reading this thread. Im getting the jist of this. I still have questions, but I will read as much as I can absorb before I ask.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
This will do wonders to our nations unemployment.

Not that i don't want our soldiers home....but it is bittersweet.

What do you mean? Is he kicking them all out of the military?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

H
This is funny because I asked my co-worker What are all these troops gonna do once they get home. Her reply was that they will all finish there tours. And if eligitable they can sign up for another tour. I was thinking that once they did their tours, that was it. But I guess sensibly that doesn't make much sense.
t

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
While this is a totally political move, has Obama stated how much the Libya war has cost the U.S.?
That 3 day war didn't work out so well. Has Obama gotten Congressional approval yet? Heck, when is he going to put a budget in place? Bueller?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by Sanndy

H
This is funny because I asked my co-worker What are all these troops gonna do once they get home. Her reply was that they will all finish there tours. And if eligitable they can sign up for another tour. I was thinking that once they did their tours, that was it. But I guess sensibly that doesn't make much sense.
t

I do not understand this "tours" thing at all. I have plenty of friends that have had wonderful jobs in the military and never seen a war.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Afghanistan is a country that is comprised of centuries old tribal divisions and a weak central government. These people are living in the stone age. The sad part is...even though we have routed the terrorists and killed thousands od Taliban....these people have nothing to associate with other than ancient religious teachings.

The Taliban are some very screwed up individuals who think nothing of beating or killing a young girl for a variaty of reasons that they believe is punishment from God for anything from going to school or not wearing a veil. They are cowards by nature and have no problem inflicting their rule of law violently against an innocent populous.

The minute we leave...they will come back. That is the problem. The central government is corrupt and could care less about it's own people. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

When they join don't they have to serve a certain amount of time where ever the military sends them? And then after that can't they pretty much chose to sign up again for a determined amount of time and get choices on where they go, determined by their training?
t

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Is a lie, US can not support this amount of troops in our soil right now, why? because most of our military bases are in the hands of private contractors, is not jobs for those troops and if half of them decide to join the private sector is not jobs for them either.

That is one of the reasons tha tour government is keeping the troops oversea because is nothing in the US for the majority of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You think these protests going on,specifically in New York ,where they are demanding worker's rights and the abolishment of corruption and greed by Corporate Internation Banks through Wallstreet has even begun.Wait til the troops come home,then you'll see some pissed off Americans.
Funny how he said the latter half will be brought home "before September 2012,"being that the Democratic National Conference takes place the week of September 3rd in Charlotte N. Carolina.I will be willing to bet that this Convention will be protested like the one in 1968.

Go ahead,bring the troops home,then the protests will really heat up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join