It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 33,000 Troops Home by Next Summer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Secret US and Afghanistan talks could see troops stay for decades

American and Afghan officials are locked in increasingly acrimonious secret talks about a long-term security agreement which is likely to see US troops, spies and air power based in the troubled country for decades.

Though not publicised, negotiations have been under way for more than a month to secure a strategic partnership agreement which would include an American presence beyond the end of 2014 – the agreed date for all 130,000 combat troops to leave — despite continuing public debate in Washington and among other members of the 49-nation coalition fighting in Afghanistan about the speed of the withdrawal.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This is what I was referring to in an earlier post. We aren't leaving for a very very long time. We're still in Iraq and we'll be there forever as well.

I wish we could go back about 11 years and stop 9/11 from happening....the world wouldn't be near as much of a crap box as it is now. Deficits certainly wouldn't be as bad...that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Obama and his administration is playing the same old game they have played since Vietnam a token withdrawal of troops and claim they are actually winding down in Afghanistan while we maintain basses that just so happen to be all along the unocal's proposed pipeline.But of course the MSM and true believers will proclaim this a "victory."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This will do wonders to our nations unemployment.

Not that i don't want our soldiers home....but it is bittersweet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Which has to make one wonder why people think Obama is doing this for political gain when unemployment/jobs is by far the most important issue to Americans...and this is going to make those numbers worse.

Obama may have been better off leaving them all there...eh???
edit on 22-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I can't really take anything Obama does seriously right now...it's so painfully obvious he's only doing it now because of the coming election...it's sickening to see his PR campaign kick off now because of it...typical politico BS

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Not that i don't want our soldiers home....but it is bittersweet.

Just because the troops return does not mean that all will automatically enter the civilian work force. Given the nature of the job market I would expect many to simply reenlist and get assigned to a base. If that means hitting our borders with gusto than so be it. Pay them and get the boots back on US soil where they belong.

Imagine the morale boost for our war weakened troops if they are able to protect their home soil and actually be appreciated by those they are protecting. Wow! kind of a nice change of pace coming back from a land where your enemy is invisible and your next ambush is just one intersection or road obstruction away.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This tokenism just sickens me, they toy with the lives and families of our soldiers. These soldier will probably get sent to Iraq or Libya anyway. BRING THEM ALL HOME THERE ARE NO THREATS TO THE USA FROM ANY OF THESE COUNTRIES!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thats after next summer. The pentagon laid it out, not obama. That lameoid is worse than bush, ok no...about the same.

We need two more seasons to control opium production. This gives our Chinese debt holders open season to stock the major drug companies as full as they can. Although illegal the taliban allows moderate opium production to fund their cause and weapons for jihad. In turn our troops guard the production fields of the rebels and destroy Taliban crops. By controlling the total rebel output, we ensure Chinese markets for production opium stay strong.

No one was really dumb enough to believe it was about oil or terrorism were they?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yea me, I predicted this a long time ago.

Of course it was an easy prediction because any other President facing reelection would have done the same thing.

Time to bring all the troops home.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it due to his past record on keeping promises.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
What will the USA do with 100,000 troopers when they all come home ?

Serious question.

They are never coming home.

Secret US and Afghanistan talks could see troops stay for decades

American and Afghan officials are locked in increasingly acrimonious secret talks about a long-term security agreement which is likely to see US troops, spies and air power based in the troubled country for decades.

Though not publicised, negotiations have been under way for more than a month to secure a strategic partnership agreement which would include an American presence beyond the end of 2014 – the agreed date for all 130,000 combat troops to leave — despite continuing public debate in Washington and among other members of the 49-nation coalition fighting in Afghanistan about the speed of the withdrawal.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We should start a company. Offer each State $5 million and we'll get rid of all that nuclear waste you have laying around. Ship it on over to Afghanistan and put it in those caves in the mountains. Have a couple B-52's fly over and drop some bombs to seal it up.

Whallah....2 birds killed with 1 stone. It'll eventually kill everyone over there and our nuclear trash problem gets resolved.

Maybe we could get paid by other nations to take their nuclear trash and ditch it there too. Make Afghanistan a No-Man's Zone for a few hundred thousand years.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread about 30,000 troops going to Libya this fall?

And HOW many troops is Obama getting out of Afghanistan?

Conspiracy math. Gotta love it!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Wasn't there a thread about 30,000 troops going to Libya this fall?

And HOW many troops is Obama getting out of Afghanistan?

Conspiracy math. Gotta love it!

Good thinking. If this is really the case im gonna laugh.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

but wait wheres the reducing of the troops in iraq he pormised

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this, and since I don't have alot of information, I thought it would be best here. I heard from a lady that I work with that her son who is stationed in Ft Braggs and currently in Irac, that All troops would be coming home between November 1st and January 1st. She was really excited and said this was the first that they had heard about this. She said her son was also surprised and excited.
I didn't know if this was old news here on ATS. I hadn't heard anything from msm, so I thought I'd post.
Can anyone here confirm this?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
that's just the surge he's removing...so it will be back to pre-surge numbers...it's what he said he'd do when he campaigned and he's doing it now? talk about timing...isn't there an election coming up soon?

thats correct Obama is just removing the surge troops but the american military bases will still open with alot of troops sadly and the green zone will still.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thank you for your reply. Now for another question. What are "surge troops"?
I looked it up, I kinda get it. Not having any military background, I'm dumb to the lingo.
edit on 29-9-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thank you for your reply. Now for another question. What are "surge troops"?

Surge troops are like a ``kinetic action``.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join