It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molecule That "Turns On Immortality Gene"!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
OK folks, are any of you ready to try this stuff?
Here you go.....
"Many people are now curious about where you can buy TA 65. As far as I know, the only place to get it is from a doctor that is associated with TA Sciences. You also need to understand that you have to buy a six month supply MINIMUM and for most people in their 50s &60s, that will run around $2,200 for the six month supply."

antiagingnutritionnews.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As long as the gov't doesn't get their dirty hands on this
we MIGHT be fine....other than that, i'm all for this

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am already immortal - just my current body isn't. Of course, it is already in it's 40s and having issues. I hope to trade up soon to a new one. I don't want to be stuck with this one forever.
edit on 21-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So there are two extremes here because I can't imagine living forever, it's quite scary. Then, on the other hand, I don't want to never exist again either. That's assuming there is no afterlife or a God. So, would an athiest be excited to receive to get this procedure done...hmmm?

I don't want to live forever but I don't want to die. I like the idea that life is finite but I wouldn't mind living for a few hundred years.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The scientific discovery is amazing of course, but I have to say, in general I cannot think of a worse fate than having to watch this world dig itself ever closer to hell, with no hope of an ending of my own. Perhaps that is because I am an idealist.

I see the devastation which mankind does to itself, and I see the ways these ills should be solved, and understand intellectualy that the solutions will never, ever come to pass. I understand perfectly that the wieght of mankinds greed and depravity is now much greater than the wieght of his virtues, and that those most corrupt, are those with the most power.

Why would I want to live in a world that is as bad as this, and getting worse by the day, for the rest of eternity? Another thing to consider is this... Even ignoring the religious significance of eternal fleshly life, ethicaly speaking , how can one justify taking an eternity worth of resources, several hundred, or even thousands of times the normal human consumption of resources like food, fuel, energy, and materials ?

One of the things that makes me livid is the lack of understanding by big companies and governments, that those in power have a wider responsibility, as those with the world at thier beck and call, to ensure that the world they leave to future generations is not worse than the one they left behind. But in a world where people no longer die, there is NO hope of leaving the world better than one found it.

Picture the scene, there are two opposing forces on the planet, fighting for resources wasted thin by centuaries of increased consumption. Those who are left, fall in to two groups. There are those who have been living as naturaly as they possibly can , trying to live off the increasingly sparse land, but slowly being ground down by a lack of what we today would consider basic amenities, like medical equipment and pharmaceuticals , housebuilding equipment... We are talking about Fallout conditions here.
The second group, the Eternals, have had centuaries to amass vast stocks of consumables, and organise thier ownership and control of all the decent materials and goods that can be stocked. They are a group of people who have had expirience in survival that you and I cannot even comprehend. Who among us knows what a life that long would allow us to achieve , what instincts we would have, and how well honed they would be?

The natural , un altered humans on the planet see the Eternals as some sort of tyranny , consuming that which in the natural order , would be held in reserve to feed, clothe and house the young. The Eternals see those who live as nature intended, as curious throwbacks, as we see chimps and apes. Nothing more than walking memories of a pathetic era in human history.

There are of course other ways that this could go down, but knowing as much as I do about the human condition, I cannot see a way of immortalising our flesly bodies can work out well for the human race as a whole. Im sure it would be a good augmentation to give to those who intend to go on long space flights, but to have persons increasing thier lifespans indefinitely , and living on Earth.... There is just NO way, no way in the world that the scenario can work out well for the human race as whole.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Other scientists, however, point out that mice lacking telomerase are a poor stand-in for the normal ageing process. Moreover, ramping up telomerase in humans could potentially encourage the growth of tumours.

The effects of Human Growth Hormone were also considered by some to be a fountain of youth. Until people realized how fast it made cancer grow as well (Not cause it):

Growth hormone should not be used in patients with cancer or who are being treated for cancer. Growth hormone deficiency can be caused by brain tumors. So, the presence of these brain tumors should be ruled out before treatment is started. Growth hormone should not be used if it is shown that a previous brain tumor has come back or is getting larger.

So far fountains of youth have been plagued by fountains of cancer:

It will be interesting when they find a way to overcome this.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Immortality? No, thanks. I don't want to work that long. I'm still trying to figure out how to die just when my money runs out, so I don't end up working when I'm 100.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Creating immortal people for work or war?
Let's see if anyone actually obtains pure immortality
through "Medicine" such as this....
And if so, who? ( Military, people in various governments, look for them popping pills
)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

The science you link to is good and valid, but it is very preliminary and unrelated to the product under discussion. That is nothing but a quack remedy. It will not help you live longer.

And of course, there is no ‘gene for immortality’. Immortality is like infinity; a human concept that has no basis in reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

This would solve the Social Security Issue though...

No one would ever have to retire!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

WooT! No retirement, let's work forever as slaves

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Interesting, thanks for posting

I would never want immortality though, at least I don't think so
I don't think we were meant to be immortal with the amount of babies born everyday, but maybe the Annunaki did suppress such a gene.

I don't want to live forever, I just want to fly and and have see-through vision like superman

Not all of us can handle the responsibility of see-through vision.
2nd.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I dont think this will turn people into a bunch of "Wolverines" that can blast themselves in the face with a shotgun when they need a good nights sleep

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Cancers are immortal cells. They can divide and divide but apoptosis (programmed cell death) does not occur to them. This causes them to grow out of control and interfere with the normal functioning of the body, to the extent that it can cause the death of the person.

The simple turning on of immortality at a cellular level will not achieve immortality at an organism level!

Although life EXTENSION by repairing telomeres (which normally degrade as we age) does sound possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Am I reading this right? It only makes the immune system stay younger, not the whole body?

So when I'm 90 I can have the immune system of a 50 year old or something like that?

That's sort of how it reads to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am hoping that the more narcissistic members of the TPTB jump on this bandwagon right now !
I have visions of them turning into cancer with no way to die, which as I understand it is what happened to the so called "sons of god" that invaded us eons and millenia ago . that would be full circle wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As a kid, "Death Becomes Her" was one of my favorite movies. And the idea of immortality is one that frightens me to death....no pun intended *snort*.. What if I sustain some sort of gnarly injury? What then? People dont even take care of their bodies with a finite amount of time...what happens if you get lazy after a few centuries? Perhaps one should their way around special effects/funeral makeup before traveling down this road.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Interesting, thanks for posting

I would never want immortality though, at least I don't think so
I don't think we were meant to be immortal with the amount of babies born everyday, but maybe the Annunaki did suppress such a gene.

I don't want to live forever, I just want to fly and and have see-through vision like superman

I want to live a very very very long time. I don't know about forever, but I surely would love to choose when I die. As for babies, I suspect that if We all had enough to do what We wanted, population would level off. The People who are having babies are the poor. The higher One goes in the social strata, the fewer births per capita. So it would seem that having stuff to do (besides eat, sleep, work, watch TV and have sex) is conducive to lower numbers of births.

So the best goal is to allow everyOne to live as the elite do today. How? Well, I offer a couple of threads here on ATS, as well as another's thread with a diagram on how to extract plenum energy and My novella free here in PDF format.

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Then maybe We each could live as long as We want to. I surely hope so!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorTom4754
reply to post by FTD Brat

WooT! No retirement, let's work forever as slaves

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The scientific discovery is amazing of course, but I have to say, in general I cannot think of a worse fate than having to watch this world dig itself ever closer to hell, with no hope of an ending of my own. Perhaps that is because I am an idealist.

I see the devastation which mankind does to itself, and I see the ways these ills should be solved, and understand intellectualy that the solutions will never, ever come to pass. I understand perfectly that the wieght of mankinds greed and depravity is now much greater than the wieght of his virtues, and that those most corrupt, are those with the most power.

All this can be changed - IF We release the plenum energy extraction methods. For more information check out My post two posts up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join